Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Should Nationalism Be Discouraged?
Page 1 of 1
Should Nationalism Be Discouraged?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#1 Posted: 19:09:57 14/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Title
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:17 14/11/2022 by somePerson
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2364
#2 Posted: 23:13:04 14/11/2022
Mainly extremist nationalism, I think blind nationalism where you support your country and ignore all of its wrong doings is bad, but it's important to have a decent level of connection and respect for your country. I don't have a connection to my countries dominant culture and it's quite lonely.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#3 Posted: 01:23:28 15/11/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
Mainly extremist nationalism, I think blind nationalism where you support your country and ignore all of its wrong doings is bad, but it's important to have a decent level of connection and respect for your country. I don't have a connection to my countries dominant culture and it's quite lonely.

yeah nothing wrong with liking the country you were born in. in fact I also believe that criticizing your country is another way to show patriotism because it shows that you want your country to be better and not garbage. but at a certain point it can be pretty dumb and proof that propaganda works
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 13:25:07 15/11/2022
yeah it's just like being a fan of anything else; if you can't fathom it's not perfect and can improve, then you're already in the wrong.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me