Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
tell me about overwatch 2
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#1 Posted: 20:49:06 08/10/2022 | Topic Creator
i know nothing about it and i want to see the perspective of the intellectuals of this website
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#2 Posted: 22:54:17 08/10/2022
It's literally the same game with much worse monetization and art choices. 90% of my Overwatch game time is exclusively playing Zarya in open quick play or wacky custom games so nothing has changed. I really hope they improve the garbage currency system but none of my mains/favs (Zarya and Sigma) will get good skins so I don't care too much tbh.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#3 Posted: 00:55:15 09/10/2022
its not completely out yet and its more like a live play test. qp games are just who has the better tank. sound design is really good. its more fps than shoot walls that the first one was. Tbh I think gameplay wise it's better than ow 1 but people get punished a lot more now.

It's free to try out and it's not like the pay parts affect gameplay
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:55 10/10/2022 by somePerson
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#4 Posted: 20:04:39 09/10/2022
from my extensive research it was made by money to money for money to make money and everybody will complain about it but buy it anyway because those are the people and that what they do now
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#5 Posted: 21:19:29 14/10/2022 | Topic Creator
it sounds like ew
---
#6 Posted: 22:27:31 14/10/2022
i think it is ew and did i mention the part about money
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#7 Posted: 22:42:20 14/10/2022
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
from my extensive research it was made by money to money for money to make money and everybody will complain about it but buy it anyway because those are the people and that what they do now

The game is free
#8 Posted: 22:44:55 14/10/2022
did i mention the part about money
---
#9 Posted: 22:52:00 14/10/2022
to me i see the normal pattern FTP but there is more content to buy which people will of course want so they can be cool like their friends and probably down the line they will add more because people are already invested and hooked into the game and thats when they deep dive in your pocket its a video game company its Acti-getsued-vision they made this game for profit not because they wanted to for FUNZ
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#10 Posted: 04:19:35 15/10/2022
Quote:
Free-to-play online and downloadable games have transformed the video games industry. Paradoxically, those games where no financial transaction whatsoever is required to start playing (and to continue playing to the end) now generate a bigger revenue for developers than games that are purchased in the traditional way.

asdfghjkl
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#11 Posted: 04:29:12 15/10/2022
HEYOOO
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#12 Posted: 05:38:15 15/10/2022
Well considering I used to be a Overwatch addict and kind of still checking out 2 more extensively. I'll just write out pros and cons.

Pros:
  • Less Crowd Control hell (even though the more characters added the more it's gonna happen. So eat that cake quickly)

• The visuals are good still. Even with more ray tracing or shine on some aspects than what I remember.

• You can actually individually buy the skins from the shop instead of praying you get duplicates and currency from loot boxes (If I have to pick a poison. I rather pay $20 for 1 skin than gamble to either get the skin or get enough to get the skin. Should've been literally in OW1, but Blizzard wants to be differently greedy than other F2P games. Even though that monetization is not trademarked period.)

• It is free (So you guys get the fortune of not having to pay even $40 for OW1. It's already there)

• If you did buy OW1, played, and got some dope skins. Those did transfer over.
  • =========================

Cons:
  • Exclusive stuff in the battle pass.(I mean par for the course, they have to make money somehow and they aren't pumping characters and skins like Riot Games with League. If the passes were like Super Animal Royale in which you can buy older passes and grind their rewards, it would no longer be a con tbh)

• The demand for ranked games (By that I mean they really want you to play ranked.)

• The OW2 character designs with OW1 Characters. (A lot of which are lack luster. I get the need for some refinement but a lot of designs are kind of downgrades. But this is a IMO con)

• Physical copies of OW1 are useless. (Though I think that's been the case)

• Some physics in the game/levels got a lil wonky

• A massive case of currency confusion. Like what happened to old currency and such. Hell are loot boxes still a thing? (This is more of a "new to me, to figure out" issue really)

• You have to pay for PVE storyline whenever, if ever that comes out. (I say if ever because of the next point)

• The writers having social media rambles. That shows hollowness to a degree (Been a thing since OW1. Some of them are well too into twitter and clout. I think we can get more work done if we just tell them no twitter for a month. But that's literally me)

• The massive impression fumbles to get more money out of people. Which they quickly retracted much like Paypal's leaked ToS recently. That was directly piss poor and I see why no one would want to touch the game.
  • =======================

My thoughts are, the game is definitely fine and is a time killer. I don't get some of the complaints, like the skins being able to be directly bought with irl money. Like guys it's free they need to find a reason to add more and keep them damn servers up. Granted it's not as generous as Destiny 2 where you get the base game free and be able to I assume pve stuff with it too. I think asking for a game to keep cosmetics free is silly unless it's an event to say "Sorry about the servers and all the bugs. Here's a cookie". Shoot if you hate that, then you got a ton of MMO's to absolutely hate. Or just not really touch on the F2P games and play the games you pay for that have full on games with some online features with others. The only parts of outcry I get whole heartedly was the phone number garbble and the battle pass. Like oooh that was horrendous. Glad they kept the characters free and dropped the phone number deal. Even tho it probably should've been screened before putting it out live.

Off topic: Bullet mode on DarkSpyro.net is broken atm. RIP bullet points.

EDIT (Because I played more): So they removed all lootboxes and instead of a normal level up feature it's exclusively for the pass. Which does hold the character in tier 1 locked behind a paywall or free at tier 55. So you either pay for the pass to get more goodies or you literally grind. There is no reward for regularly leveling up. Also people are still ****ing sweaty on arcade mode for some reason.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:55:51 15/10/2022 by Trix Master 100
    #13 Posted: 11:07:39 15/10/2022
    After playing a while, I really like the new character interactions (Sombra+Sigma in particular) and the gameplay does feel better. The recent patches have fixed performance somewhat so I can get 25-30 fps on my laptop and I'm having a lot of fun with new Sombra. Not as bad as I was expecting, I just wish the monetization was tweaked to give out more coins in the challenges. Also the game needs to leave beta and get a lot of polish + finish the removed maps.
    #14 Posted: 12:10:24 15/10/2022
    Quote: skylandersfan60
    After playing a while, I really like the new character interactions (Sombra+Sigma in particular) and the gameplay does feel better. The recent patches have fixed performance somewhat so I can get 25-30 fps on my laptop and I'm having a lot of fun with new Sombra. Not as bad as I was expecting, I just wish the monetization was tweaked to give out more coins in the challenges. Also the game needs to leave beta and get a lot of polish + finish the removed maps.

I mean yeah. Also I keep forgetting a character... Where's Bastion? Bring him back.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    #15 Posted: 14:56:32 15/10/2022
    Quote: Trix Master 100

I mean yeah. Also I keep forgetting a character... Where's Bastion? Bring him back.

Bastion is buggy rn so they're fixing him. This happened to dva.

I think gameplay wise 2 is more fun than 1 because of cc being gone so characters like genji aren't as oppressive to play. Brig is also fun to play now cause she needs to aim it's crazy. Also guns sound chunkier which is nice.

I don't like how blizzard keeps making the new characters better than the other characters for play time because they've been doing this since ow 1 when brig was released. And then brig caused the goats meta and killed of ow. It's just an annoying thing the devs do. Like kiriko having such a small cooldown for her immortality, teleport, and doing a lot of damage for the people with consistent aim it kinda stinks to play against.

I think rn the coins need to be like 60 daily instead of weekly because the game rn really hates skin collectors. I already have hundreds of skins but seeing the bladerunner skin asking price 20 bucks really sucks to see. But the pay to play options really aren't that bad compared to valorant with their 30 dollar skins and the fact that you can unlock characters by just playing the game. I think most people are against the pay feature mostly because of ow 1 not having the BP so people aren't use to it.
    #16 Posted: 23:59:40 15/10/2022
    Ah. So eventually we'll see Bastion.

Yeah the less CC in the game is good. There's still quite a handful, but less crippling. Or at least people picking Cassidy, have to be real smart when they get people stuck and have follow up.

If they can do 60 a day that would be better. I do think that's super small, but at least I would understand that in game currency being capped than say Pokemon Unite. Where most the characters are in 10,000-14,000 in game coins and you only get to earn 2,100 a week. Also for those fellow skin collectors/flashy flexers, here's like some average prices on Legendary tier skins in League of Legends, OW2, and Unite

League of Legends, Legendary skin:
    $21 (There is a tier higher than legendary, but they do add a lot to it. Also I keep forgetting it's $21 now because of inflation for irl currency)

OverWatch 2, Legendary skin: $20

Pokemon Unite, Legendary skin: $30

Granted these prices are only worth it if you deem it to be, but I'm looking at Unite on it and it's generally not worth it imo. Since League makes it better, but that's bias here.
    ---
    icon from Empoh
    #17 Posted: 00:13:37 16/10/2022
    gotta say these companies have impressed at the very least with their creativity to get money even pokemon knows how be a player now
    ---
    #18 Posted: 01:05:56 16/10/2022
    Quote: somePerson

Bastion is buggy rn so they're fixing him. This happened to dva.

I think gameplay wise 2 is more fun than 1 because of cc being gone so characters like genji aren't as oppressive to play. Brig is also fun to play now cause she needs to aim it's crazy. Also guns sound chunkier which is nice.

I don't like how blizzard keeps making the new characters better than the other characters for play time because they've been doing this since ow 1 when brig was released. And then brig caused the goats meta and killed of ow. It's just an annoying thing the devs do. Like kiriko having such a small cooldown for her immortality, teleport, and doing a lot of damage for the people with consistent aim it kinda stinks to play against.

I think rn the coins need to be like 60 daily instead of weekly because the game rn really hates skin collectors. I already have hundreds of skins but seeing the bladerunner skin asking price 20 bucks really sucks to see. But the pay to play options really aren't that bad compared to valorant with their 30 dollar skins and the fact that you can unlock characters by just playing the game. I think most people are against the pay feature mostly because of ow 1 not having the BP so people aren't use to it.

Yep they add a new character that dominates for a season then nerf them into oblivion. I'm worried that this will be even worse with the battlepass incentive.

I genuinely wish it was closer to Fortnite, where they also have currency on the battlepass. I've never minded grabbing a Fortnite skin here and there as they also have once a season bundles with 600 vbucks for like 7 usd. Valorants monetization I think is the worst of the popular fps games atm, I have a friend that brags to me that he gets grils to buy him like 80 euro weapon skins which is insane.

Yeah the less CC in the game is good. There's still quite a handful, but less crippling. Or at least people picking Cassidy, have to be real smart when they get people stuck and have follow up.

If they can do 60 a day that would be better. I do think that's super small, but at least I would understand that in game currency being capped than say Pokemon Unite. Where most the characters are in 10,000-14,000 in game coins and you only get to earn 2,100 a week. Also for those fellow skin collectors/flashy flexers, here's like some average prices on Legendary tier skins in League of Legends, OW2, and Unite

$21 (There is a tier higher than legendary, but they do add a lot to it. Also I keep forgetting it's $21 now because of inflation for irl currency)

Granted these prices are only worth it if you deem it to be, but I'm looking at Unite on it and it's generally not worth it imo. Since League makes it better, but that's bias here.

Everything I hear about Pokemon Unites monetization makes it seem so greedy. I really wanted to try it too smilie.
    #19 Posted: 04:55:07 16/10/2022
    ^i mean if you want to play any of those games League OW or pokemon or for real MOST games period these days you more or less directly or indirectly buying in to the greed from these companies if you actually purchase it they made a buck off you or with FTP if you play it at all your still supporting it i think just a matter if your down with that or not
    ---
    #20 Posted: 05:25:32 16/10/2022
    ^i mean if you want to play any of those games League OW or pokemon or for real MOST games period these days you more or less directly or indirectly buying in to the greed from these companies if you actually purchase it they made a buck off you or with FTP if you play it at all your still supporting it i think just a matter if your down with that or not

this is true this is why I only pick up rocks and throw them in the air when I want to play video games to avoid supporting billion dollar entertainment companies
    #21 Posted: 05:45:21 16/10/2022

Everything I hear about Pokemon Unites monetization makes it seem so greedy. I really wanted to try it too :(.

Oh yeah Pokemon Unite is just generally bad with monetization. There's even a subscriber pass that's monthy. It's absurd af. I only caved for a few skins and double currency bonuses to get a few things. Like the game is definitely doing a lot better than day 1. There's still some issues that need some addressing because you can definitely still get fully upgraded gear thru irl currency, which I think the purchase of the upgrade items need to be exclusively tickets that you earn a lot of by playing the game. Though if Unite had an uncapped coin earning (because you get like 20 with no boosters each match) and stopped making new pokemon irl currency exclusive until a new pokemon or next patch. That would easily make the game much better imo, but I ain't expecting that from Tencent.

Otherwise, gameplay wise it's alright. A lot ****ing better than the clunky day 1 launch.
    ---
    icon from Empoh
    #22 Posted: 07:35:34 16/10/2022

this is true this is why I only pick up rocks and throw them in the air when I want to play video games to avoid supporting billion dollar entertainment companies

my brother i meant my remark to make him NOT feel that bad about wanting to play pokemon by saying all of these companies are like that just like if you play OW2 if you want to go play pokemon go ahead its not any different on the other side of the pod you took my point backward

but to make a point i dont play video games and the games i do entertain myself with with the exception of like.................1..................... are all completely freeware games by indie developers so clearly i dont need to find a rock to pick up and throw to play a video i can avoid the corporate slime and still play a game if i want to and everyone really could.... if you like these kinds of games which i supposed it seems evident that you do that is A-Okay i dont think it says anything about you or anyone else you should have fun with it if you want to you do you i personally cannot get behind a game that is not only in a format that is as Danny quoted even more of a cash grab then the video game industry already is and especially not a game developed by a company that has multiple lawsuits against it for the tremendously gross harassment and treatment toward their female employees that this company is but thats me okay i did not make a judgmental comment about him or you or anyone else who wants to play these kinds of games i only made critical comments about the companies who make them

i dont play video games and when i do they are freeware itch.io games or something OR i eat from local restaurants to support the businesses here instead of eating from big chain restaurants simply because i live a different lifestyle entirely and im very anti billionaires and the like and im very extreme in my personal beliefs that lifestyle but i dont make a habit of being judgmental of other people so i only ask that you please do not make judgemental comments like that about me or my reason or logic its kind of mean
    ---
    #23 Posted: 07:40:04 16/10/2022
    i should have clarified i was NOT saying that to make skylandersfan60 feel bad but to try and help with that i will be sure to be more clear if i feel the need to make some sort of comment i can see how it might have been taken the other way around i apologize to you skylandersfan60 if it was in fact taken the other way
    ---
    #24 Posted: 08:24:53 16/10/2022

Everything I hear about Pokemon Unites monetization makes it seem so greedy. I really wanted to try it too :(.

Oh yeah Pokemon Unite is just generally bad with monetization. There's even a subscriber pass that's monthy. It's absurd af. I only caved for a few skins and double currency bonuses to get a few things. Like the game is definitely doing a lot better than day 1. There's still some issues that need some addressing because you can definitely still get fully upgraded gear thru irl currency, which I think the purchase of the upgrade items need to be exclusively tickets that you earn a lot of by playing the game. Though if Unite had an uncapped coin earning (because you get like 20 with no boosters each match) and stopped making new pokemon irl currency exclusive until a new pokemon or next patch. That would easily make the game much better imo, but I ain't expecting that from Tencent.

Otherwise, gameplay wise it's alright. A lot ****ing better than the clunky day 1 launch.

Is unite even good? I was never into mobas but a moba using switch controls sounds kinda hard to play.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:33 16/10/2022 by somePerson
    #25 Posted: 00:13:38 17/10/2022

Is unite even good? I was never into mobas but a moba using switch controls sounds kinda hard to play.

It's pretty good. They managed to have the controls fixed to buttons. I love their mechanics for moves. Like you have 3 moves with cooldown, locked on ZL, ZR, and R. Auto attack is on A (ya need to press the button), B is to cancel attack. With moves on ZR and R you are given a choice of 2 to have on each button as you level up, making you think of which move to take each match. IE: Blastoise in game can take Hydro pump and Rapid Spin on those buttons for a lot of crowd control, or instead of Hydro Pump you can get Surf that will help you with mobility and crowd control areas quicker, but you won't be able to chain it with Rapid Spin to knock a whole circle of pokemon back for your team to start picking them apart. What I typed sounds like a mess, but when playing the game (it is free) and trying it out, you'll see what I mean.

ZL has only 1 move and that is the "ultimate" move in this game. Does a lot of damage, cc, and gives you a shield when you use it.

As far as my MOBA addiction goes. It's impressive now compared to day 1. I think the only MOBA that has me confused on how you get the controls to work is League of Legends: Wild Rift, because it's literally League of Legends on the phone (with some better cosmetics and models compared to PC... I'm miffed on that tbh. Also my 2016 phone can't run it). Especially since League on the PC would take a lot longer to explain all the mechanics and that is put on the mobile game. Since you would have to build 6 items in the game and know about the 5 roles 4 lanes 5v5 compared to Unite's 3 lanes 5v5.
    ---
    icon from Empoh
    #26 Posted: 22:35:59 20/10/2022 | Topic Creator
    im so hyped i cant wait for the good ideas theyll have for overwatch 3 /s
    ---
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me