Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Does media affect people's mannerisms?
Page 1 of 1
Does media affect people's mannerisms?
somePerson Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 15:14:37 08/10/2022 | Topic Creator
Isn't it interesting how media specifically cartoons can affect a person's mannerisms because of them teaching ethics, emotions, etc? This could be seen with kids who have been doing online schooling without any socialization so they turn to social media and just repeat what they hear there.this makes kids who were in the lockdown lack the social skills that older kids have who are able to see expressions and interact with people physically. Another case is kids gaining accents because they watch bluey.

The big topic about media and it's affect on children is that it desensitizes them with violence, aggressiveness, etc. But this also affects older people as well such as every hot new and trendy activism project getting the spotlight because of media and the news.

Also apparently someone wrote a book about how movies make people change the way we tell narratives in our heads which sounds interesting. Which I totally believe because my head thoughts are just like reality tv show confessions.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me