Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
live action disney princesses
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#1 Posted: 02:34:51 27/09/2022 | Topic Creator
what are your thoughts on the casting for the princesses in the live action remakes?

obviously this was spurred on by the trailer for the little mermaid live action having dropped, but more specifically, this article i read about that and the other live actions as well as some of the broadway adaption and such.

Ariel
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Halle Bailey
[User Posted Image]
Sierra Boggess
[User Posted Image]

Belle
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Emma Watson
[User Posted Image]
Sarah Litzsinger
[User Posted Image]

Jasmine
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Naomi Scott
[User Posted Image]
Courtney Reed
[User Posted Image]

Cinderella
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Lily James
[User Posted Image]
Brandy (this was from Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, released in 1997 for anyone who isn't familiar)
[User Posted Image]
Laura Osnes
[User Posted Image]

Elsa
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Georgina Haig (Once Upon a Time, cause no live action movie yet)
[User Posted Image]
Caissie Levy
[User Posted Image]

the article i read forgot Anna! D:

Anna
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Elizabeth Lail (OUaT again)
[User Posted Image]
Patti Murin
[User Posted Image]

Tiana
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Mekia Cox (OUaT)
[User Posted Image]

Mulan
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Yifei Liu
[User Posted Image]

Aurora
Animated
[User Posted Image]
Elle Fanning (from Maleficent since we don't have a Sleeping Beauty remake proper yet)
[User Posted Image]
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#2 Posted: 04:07:47 27/09/2022
my favorite is mulan between them it was better casted to me then the most of them she is chinese it lines up with the look and ethnicity and background the character had and i think that worked out. my next favorite is Jasmine because i like that actress for some reason probably because shes a mixed kid from nearby neighbors of wher ei am mixed from which i feel like i can feel and i think i can vibe that. i understand literally none of the choices being made on the little mermaid literally at all beyond the actors the movie just looks like a mess to me the effects not great i dnt know what they are doing over there and the rest of these i am only really just seeing now the frozen ones dont look too bad i think but i am legitimately only now really seeing them for the first time so i dont know
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#3 Posted: 05:52:49 22/11/2022 | Topic Creator
okay, initially i thought Halle as Ariel was bad. evidently og Ariel was not black, but as far as casting a black actress to play a white character, i think they did pretty all right. I don't wanna get into the race argument any more than that. Sierra is simultaneously really good and really bad to me at the same time. I think more than anything else, she just lacks the youthful, vibrant disposition the animated Ariel has.

I don't think I ever would have thought to cast Emma as Belle, but i think it was a good choice. Animated Belle has a certain air to her, and Emma pulls it off in her own way. i'm kind of a big fan of Emma though, so they couldn't really go wrong there imo. sarah...... no. just no.

i first i didn't get casting Naomi, but when i realized she was mixed Indian it started to make sense, and i started to see that she looks the part pretty well too. courtney i am not convinced was a serious casting attempt.

Lily as Cinderella is so close yet so far. like every feature of her face is almost right but none are just right. even so, I don't mind her as Cinderella. Brandy, let's keep it 100... she didn't get the role because she looks like Cinderella BUT much like Halle, i don't think she's bad at all for casting a black actress as a white character, maybe even better than Halle as Ariel. Laura's pretty spot on. this might be the one where the broadway adaption has the best casting.

more to come...
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me