Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Does media from your childhood hold up as an adult?
Page 1 of 1
Does media from your childhood hold up as an adult?
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#1 Posted: 02:16:46 21/09/2022 | Topic Creator
I hear a lot of people say you shouldn't rewatch movies and stuff from your childhood but I've been replaying/relistening to some stuff from when I was a kid/teen and I found that I appreciate that stuff a lot more now. What do you think darkspyro.net?.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2 Posted: 02:31:37 21/09/2022
when i was a kid the only vhs I would watch was brother bear. and it was all I watched. looking back at the movie it really wasn't that great. like its fine but there were other movies. the other vhs that i only watched was small soldiers. that movie is insnae for a kids film. they get away with a lot of gore and exploding body parts because it is done on toys but a lot of the scenes are just horrific. it might not be true film but it has the right amount of camp and weirdness to hold up.

tv show wise i can't really get into sitcoms from kid tv stations. they just are not good and are kinda trashy? but watching recap videos on youtube of people watching it is entertaining enough. i use to watch a lot of kamen rider and as a kid and i still think the shows from either the 90s or 2000s hold up very well. especially the season written by gen urobuchi.

games i still play pokemon these days. when I'm at work or bored i will pull out my phone and play the ds games which i have probably have over a quadripple of hours of total hours played for the franchise. the games just age perfectly because its so simple and so easy to play. but not easy enough where its boring. plus you can make every playthrough different by having a different team or having rules. cant say the same about over the hedge for ds.

music i didn't really get into until like high school. i looked back on my playlist from high school awhile ago and i recognized some songs but its not really my taste anymore. this song , i also liked ajr back then too which is an opinion i no longer have

i think anyone should be able to look back at the stuff they consumed back then. its either gonna be nostalgia making you like a product again or realizing that it was never good in the first place because you watched it as a kid.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 21:36:23 21/09/2022
i never grew up to the point i grew out of my childhood media probably if you mean stuff like pokemon can count i think the people who said you "shouldnt replay/rewatch stuff" are probably really self conscious kind of people to be honest there is absolutely nothing wrong with it i do know for some people like me it can be comforting and help with my anxiety and YEAH people have in fact made fun of me for this stuff but eh... i dont think the "quality" or whether it is "good or not" matters literally at all in fact i think on the general scale people put WAY too much stock into the "technical quality" of a piece of fiction because more often then not its the entertainment value that sticks with people and the connection and entertainment we experienced when we were kids is WHY we remember it and want to go back to it and see it i dont think theres a point in looking at stuff we liked as kids critically because... we were kids and even as adults why would it matter... you like what you like so for me i think you have the absolute right idea skylandersfan60 with going back and enjoying whatever you want
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me