Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > should social media be censored?
Page 1 of 1
should social media be censored?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#1 Posted: 18:31:22 13/09/2022 | Topic Creator
should sites like twitter be forced to allow anyone on it or are they allowed to ban certain people from speaking?
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#2 Posted: 20:03:26 13/09/2022
Carpet ban 100% of users.
This would improve the quality of the internet.
---
No.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#3 Posted: 20:51:22 13/09/2022
i agree with icedragon ban everyone it fixes the problem and is more fair then banning 99.98% of the people who in fact fall into the "certain people" category without looking unfair that they kept the normal 0.01%.............!!
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2364
#4 Posted: 21:19:55 13/09/2022
I think anyone should be allowed as long as they aren't sending death threats/encouraging violence against certain groups.
edit: no one saw that mistake
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:38 13/09/2022 by skylandersfan60
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#5 Posted: 22:15:06 13/09/2022
i was just thinking this the other day but more on the aspect of censored words. i find it extremely messed up that sensitive topics literally can not be talked about on major platforms without being censored. like stuff that needs to be talked about more.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#6 Posted: 22:25:11 13/09/2022 | Topic Creator
I think the biggest factor that people have is that it's a private company and not a public forum like what rome had. Like imagine talking about different religions in a church. They should be able to turn you around if they don't feel comfortable
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:27 13/09/2022 by somePerson
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#7 Posted: 22:50:00 13/09/2022
no one should be forced to do anything, including not speak.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2364
#8 Posted: 23:01:00 13/09/2022
Quote: Thunderdragon14
i was just thinking this the other day but more on the aspect of censored words. i find it extremely messed up that sensitive topics literally can not be talked about on major platforms without being censored. like stuff that needs to be talked about more.

Agreed, though it's interesting how teenagers on social media have invented pretty much an entire language out of this. Seeing sex referred to as seggs is wild. Even the most tamest words get censored now.

Quote: somePerson
I think the biggest factor that people have is that it's a private company and not a public forum like what time had. Like imagine talking about different religions in a church. They should be able to turn you around if they don't feel comfortable

I think the problem with this is social media is extremely important in society. If you're banned off social media then that makes it harder to get jobs, relationships, etc. The vast majority of job interviewers check peoples social media and many will not hire you if you don't have any. With pretty much any other service I think that's fair though, if you get banned from Steam for calling people the n word you deserve it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:10 13/09/2022 by skylandersfan60
#9 Posted: 23:10:43 13/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
Quote: Thunderdragon14

Agreed, though it's interesting how teenagers on social media have invented pretty much an entire language out of this. Seeing sex referred to as seggs is wild. Even the most tamest words get censored now.

Quote: somePerson
I think the biggest factor that people have is that it's a private company and not a public forum like what time had. Like imagine talking about different religions in a church. They should be able to turn you around if they don't feel comfortable

I think the problem with this is social media is extremely important in society. If you're banned off social media then that makes it harder to get jobs, relationships, etc. The vast majority of job interviewers check peoples social media and many will not hire you if you don't have any. With pretty much any other service I think that's fair though, if you get banned from Steam for calling people the n word you deserve it.

I watched a tiktok of a teacher and apparently memes are just how kids communicate now. its scary
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#10 Posted: 07:33:11 17/09/2022
real opinion it definitely depends on the content anything sexist racist homophobic transphobic terroristic threatening abusive and otherwise harmful should absolutely be banned from any social platform theres no excuse for it "MUH FREE SPEECH" doesnt count sorry now in reference to what thunderdragon14 said above removing and censoring legitimate things and difficult to speak about problems as a whole shouldnt happen if i want to go on their and talk about any random trauma or issue i should be able to do that the harmful hateful comments like the ones listed above are the problem NOW from what i see any one of the above is like the vast majority of what you find on social media which is why social media is so terrible for the most part if social media is gonna be so important to every day life and basically be a necessity to market and network then real life rules need to be applied and hate speech threats and bullying need to be banned removed absolutely taken down and negated and prevented wherever possible and if someone doesnt like that then you dont have to use social media the same way i choose not to now because as it currently stands its all a hell hole for people with waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands and jerks who get kicks from making other people feel like trash
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#11 Posted: 15:08:53 22/09/2022
if the social media isnt centered exclusively around spyro the dragon it simply should not exist /s
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me