Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Dragon Pass
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#1 Posted: 06:11:18 10/09/2022 | Topic Creator
In the creative world of mythology and art. What kind of creatures are including as a breed, a species of dragon? Example: Wyverns. They may not bare the "dragon" in the title but they were pretty much the western dragon at some point.

Or if you want to go walls to balls bonkers, what mythical creatures get the dragon slur pass? Let's discuss.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 12:22:27 10/09/2022
I'm not sure missing entire limbs and having different muscle structures would make them a breed, I think it'd make them a different species - same for lindworms and the like.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#3 Posted: 14:11:52 10/09/2022
i always felt like wyverns were like a subspecies of dragon bc the picture books i read as a kid with them in em listed them as sort of like that

i think there's precident for it bc the word "dragon" is often applied to a creatures with a lot of variety.
for example we have the traditional western dragon (wales version)
[User Posted Image]

naga (indonesian)
[User Posted Image]

piasa (illini)
[User Posted Image]

aido wedo (benin i think)
[User Posted Image]

the hydra (greek version)
[User Posted Image]

mušḫuššu (babylon)
[User Posted Image]

"dragon" is a really flexible category. it's whatever you make of it. so i dont really care if other people feel like wyverns arent dragons. i think a lot of whatever is considered a dragon by the western world at least comes down to europeans coming in, seeing a creature from a location's mythology, and then deciding to call it a dragon with no regards for what people in those areas would describe them as.

sarcastic productions did a nice video about this
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#4 Posted: 20:18:31 10/09/2022
i LOVE wyverns
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#5 Posted: 04:32:13 11/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I'm not sure missing entire limbs and having different muscle structures would make them a breed, I think it'd make them a different species - same for lindworms and the like.

I mean if look at a lot of dog breeds, a fair chunk would have different muscles, tails, bone structure, hair structure. Hell there's even a breed of dog that has a split nose/2 noses and a dog the yodels instead of barks as a breed. Heck Wolves and coyotes are technically their own species but we still get wolf dogs and coyote dog hybrids. Genetically they pretty close to each other despite being their own things.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#6 Posted: 05:28:28 15/09/2022
Dragon is not a phenotype, dragon is a vibe.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#7 Posted: 04:29:58 20/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
Dragon is not a phenotype, dragon is a vibe.

OH **** YOU RIGHT
[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me