Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Can relationships work if they don't share the same religious beliefs?
Page 1 of 1
Can relationships work if they don't share the same religious beliefs?
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 432
#1 Posted: 22:41:35 02/09/2022 | Topic Creator
I wonder if this will start another religion war on here, the users of darkSpyro love those! Right, torok? Observer?

In all seriousness, do you think that romantic relationships can work if the two people don't share the same religious beliefs? If one's Jewish but the other's Christian, and even much beyond that, if one's an atheist or the other one's Shinto. Any kind of differing religions or no religion at all, do you think it can work?

And as a bonus round, would you personally date someone of a different religion than you?
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2406
#2 Posted: 04:09:47 03/09/2022
It depends on how hardcore their beliefs are. If they're pretty casual about it it can work, but two people with moderate/extreme beliefs I can't see working. Personally I don't like religion and heavily prefer to date athiests/agnostics, I find even casual christians tend to be too puritan.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 04:45:27 03/09/2022
i have no problem with being spiritual or believing in god but religion itself is a fail to me theres no reason a relationship cant work if both parties can just not be jerks about it though which yeah is a problem for 99 percent of people so possible yeah likely know because people are so caught up in themselves
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#4 Posted: 04:48:25 03/09/2022
this was the plot of an episode of the rehearsal
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#5 Posted: 05:24:46 03/09/2022
^howd it turn out in the episode
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#6 Posted: 02:32:00 04/09/2022 | Topic Creator
I'm gonna be completely honest about this, no shame, lol.

Back when I was younger, this was my answer to this question...

HELL NO!!!

Literally, I thought a relationship where someone didn't share the same exact faith and share the same exact opinions of said faith as the other person, the relationship was doomed for failure-if it ever even got off of the ground.

Eventually, I realized that wasn't the case, though, as I miiiiiight know a couple in real life, one of which is Jewish, the other Christian, who have been together for over ten years now and are madly in love with each other. While they have disagreements on what holidays they do and don't celebrate or what foods they do and don't eat, they respect each other's opinions and decisions and their individual religious beliefs have never interfered with their relationship. Awww.

Even still, however, I thought it was different for me. I don't talk about it often, partially because of what I'm about to say, but I have a very strong connection to my faith, and I thought if someone else didn't share my exact views on it, that it would get in the way of our relationship and make it pointless.

However, I learned that wasn't the case, either.

No, this isn't the part when I tell the story of how I found my dream boy with long black hair of a different faith or no faith at all that was cold-hearted and withdrawn toward me at first, but I eventually thawed out his frozen heart with my kindness and bubbly personality. That would be a really cool twist to the story, admittedly, but I'll have to stick to this for now.

I spoke to this guy who was an atheist. I think he might have originally referred to himself as agnostic, but eventually leaned more toward atheism. We became really good friends and it made me think, "Well, if I can become this good of friends with an atheist, why could I not date one?" I realized that it wasn't about sharing faith, it was about respecting it.

Admittedly, after mentioning my faith to him, I nervously asked, "If I recall correctly, you don't believe in God or anything, right?" But his response was just, "Yeah, that's right." He didn't judge my faith, nor did he feel the need to shove his, or lack thereof, in my face, and try to convince that God wasn't real or any of that stuff. He respected my views, and I respected his.

Never once did I feel the need or ever even try to convert someone to my faith. If they believe in something else, or nothing at all, then it doesn't concern me. And I know good and well it doesn't just work like that, either, so it's fine the way it is. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken, yeah?

So in short, my answer to this question is... A GIANT YES!
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1799
#7 Posted: 16:17:33 06/09/2022
It can work, it all depends on the two people involved, but for me, I couldn't do it.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#8 Posted: 18:29:26 06/09/2022
I'd say yes, as long as those differences are not massive.
#9 Posted: 20:31:07 06/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Damn, I just got Mrmorrises to post. I did bring it back to old school darkSpyro.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me