Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > most overrated pokemon and most underrated pokemon
Page 1 of 1
most overrated pokemon and most underrated pokemon
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 22:03:21 31/08/2022 | Topic Creator
name the pokeon you think is more popular than they should be and the one you think needs more love double the points if you explain why the overrated one is overblown to you and a X4 combination if you explain why your mon needs more lovey doveys
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#2 Posted: 23:44:10 31/08/2022
90% of gen 1 Pokemon are overrated by virute of being gen 1 so ignoring that gen and the Eeveelutions-

Overrated:
Flygon, Infernape, Luxray, Scizor, Greninja, Lugia

Underrated:
Scrafty, Ludicolo, Kecleon, Bidoof, 90% of gen 5 in general

Mudkip, Lucario and Absol deserve their hype and I will not slander them.
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#3 Posted: 23:51:55 31/08/2022
Quote: skylandersfan60

You have been challenged by Trainer Erika.

Nah, Lucario is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated. I like Lucario, but it's not that good. No Pokémon is that good, honestly. People literally worship the ground it walks on, and at this point, I'm pretty tired of seeing it. It's like Trunks in Dragon Ball, it's overused because it's popular and there's not even any meaning in it being there and what's done with it isn't even good anyway.

Mudkip is only popular because of memes, which is annoying. Both Mudkip and Treecko for me are only okay, and I don't even like Torchic too, too much either, but I like it better than both of them.

I actually didn't know Absol was popular. I used to love it back in the day, but kind of stopped thinking about it at a point. I still like it, though.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#4 Posted: 00:07:16 01/09/2022
probs one of the ****ty ones like gulpin. Tbh I hate the fanbases idea of every pokemon being someone's favorite because nobody's favorite is dhelmise
#5 Posted: 00:13:04 01/09/2022
I actually like Dhelmise, so bad choice.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#6 Posted: 00:16:59 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
90% of gen 1 Pokemon are overrated by virute of being gen 1 so ignoring that gen and the Eeveelutions-

Overrated:

Underrated:

i prefer old school pokemon but i agree i would like to add that i cant entirely enjoy pokemon in the state of just Gen 1 i need my Gen 2 bare minimum pokemon feels dry and a little bit lonely if dont at least include the Johto pokemon i just love the loook feel and vibe of them
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#7 Posted: 01:52:34 01/09/2022
Quote: Erikatastrophe

You have been challenged by Trainer Erika.

Nah, Lucario is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated. I like Lucario, but it's not that good. No Pokémon is that good, honestly. People literally worship the ground it walks on, and at this point, I'm pretty tired of seeing it. It's like Trunks in Dragon Ball, it's overused because it's popular and there's not even any meaning in it being there and what's done with it isn't even good anyway.

Mudkip is only popular because of memes, which is annoying. Both Mudkip and Treecko for me are only okay, and I don't even like Torchic too, too much either, but I like it better than both of them.

I actually didn't know Absol was popular. I used to love it back in the day, but kind of stopped thinking about it at a point. I still like it, though.

First of all, how dare you slander my main man Trunks. Jokes aside, I could absolutely see why people think Lucario is overrated, to me his design is just so good that I understand why he's so popular. His movie is also pretty fun.

Absol is very popular in the furry side of the fandom. It's mega evolution also helps.

Quote: somePerson
probs one of the ****ty ones like gulpin. Tbh I hate the fanbases idea of every pokemon being someone's favorite because nobody's favorite is dhelmise

See with Pokemon like Gulpin I think they're rated fairly because how lackluster their design is.

Quote: LeewweewoowheeH

Overrated:

Underrated:

i prefer old school pokemon but i agree i would like to add that i cant entirely enjoy pokemon in the state of just Gen 1 i need my Gen 2 bare minimum pokemon feels dry and a little bit lonely if dont at least include the Johto pokemon i just love the loook feel and vibe of them

Yeah I like messing around with Pokemon Red for nostalgia, but overall never do any proper playthroughs of it. I like how japanese gen 2 feels, especially with Pokemon like Ho oh. This is also why I think the remakes of both red/blue and gold/silver are so good, they keep the vibe but enhance it.
This is my favorite example, they replicated japanese instruments with the GBA soundfont and it sounds amazing.
#8 Posted: 01:56:57 01/09/2022
First of all, how dare you slander my main man Trunks. Jokes aside, I could absolutely see why people think Lucario is overrated, to me his design is just so good that I understand why he's so popular. His movie is also pretty fun.

Absol is very popular in the furry side of the fandom. It's mega evolution also helps.

Lol, Trunks was cool in the Android saga, after that, he became overused. Same argument for Lucario! But for real, yeah, it's actually how used Lucario is that starts a problem for me, it's just that I see it too much just for the sake of it being there and not for an actually good reason. Pikachu really isn't even used in the way Lucario is. It's not a bad Pokémon by any means, just overrated.

Oh, so that's why I'm not familiar with Absol's popularity, furries scare me! Lol...
---
#9 Posted: 01:57:51 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
^^^^so right it is not funny and now im jammin too! to touch on lucario i do still like lucario cause wolf boy but ill share a comical memory i remember ebing on serebiinet back in 2006 old school Lindsey hear and the forum there when Lucario was leaked someone said "it looks like a wolf in trunks (shorts) and everyone on the board started calling it "the wolf in the shorts" when it wasnt Rukario cause of the romanization so the comedy of you guys talking about both lucario and trunks at the same time is SO FUNNY! HEHE
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#10 Posted: 04:43:11 01/09/2022
Quote: Erikatastrophe
I actually like Dhelmise, so bad choice.

If you were to name 100 pokemon yesterday you would have not said dhelmise
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#11 Posted: 05:11:50 01/09/2022
[User Posted Image]

anyway, mareep is underrated. wooloo is great and deserves love also, but mareep was a badass sheep that never got the attention it deserved.

sceptile is overrated i think. i kind of feel like the entire treeko line just never goes anywhere and bigger lizard with hedgerow coming out of its butt is unrewarding. but hey, if people like it they like it.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:30:26 01/09/2022 by YesterdayFemmey
#12 Posted: 05:44:04 01/09/2022
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
#13 Posted: 06:56:19 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
for what its worth i did look at dhelmise before the debate broke out because i never seen that pokemon before and when i saw it i did not like it AND i did not in fact think that upon seeing it there would be anyone who would particularly like it definitely not someone who would call it their favorite but apparently there is someone ... reddit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
#14 Posted: 06:57:14 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Danny how bout flaaffy and ampharos are they inferior to mareep where do they fall
---
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#15 Posted: 14:03:17 01/09/2022
Most overated
Charizard

under rated
Infernape

I won't see infernape slander, they are the best pokemon.
---
Green Bean Machine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#16 Posted: 17:48:31 01/09/2022
i like quagsire

i don’t like the charmander line
#17 Posted: 19:41:51 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
dude i didnt even realize Erika ninja d me up there all those arrow were supposed to be pointing at skylandersfan60 post
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#18 Posted: 23:59:55 01/09/2022
Danny how bout flaaffy and ampharos are they inferior to mareep where do they fall

it's hard to pick between mareep and flaaffy, because mareep has that genuine, quadrupedal sheep vibe, but flaafy is just amazing and can give hugs, so, like...

at last, ampharos has grown on me. although it doesn't really give me that true sheep vibe that the others do, it's pretty awesome in its own right.

now mega ampharos... 9 years later i'm still processing that.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#19 Posted: 00:07:35 02/09/2022
dude i didnt even realize Erika ninja d me up there all those arrow were supposed to be pointing at skylandersfan60 post

I did, indeed, ninja you. Or as they say it... GRENINJA YOU!!!

I didn't even realize that about the Lucario/Trunks thing, though. I remember the "wolf in shorts" comment, I can never forget that, but I didn't put two and two together, lol. Future Rukario.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:58 02/09/2022 by Erikatastrophe
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#20 Posted: 01:36:12 03/09/2022
i think dunsparce is highly underrated
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#21 Posted: 02:00:56 03/09/2022 | Topic Creator
i used to reake dunsparce idk why
---
#22 Posted: 04:25:09 03/09/2022
Dunsparce is the goat.
#23 Posted: 07:13:34 03/09/2022
Magnemite is very underrated.

I don't see anyone talk about Magnemite, but Magnemite is great! It's just a little floating magnet, it's so cute, I want to put it in my pocket and take it home.

What really made me love Magnemite was actually Pokémon Snap. It made me view them as extremely shy creatures and I think that's just the cutest thing ever.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#24 Posted: 14:23:59 08/09/2022
real talk as a child i had a vendetta against pikachu because it seemed like it was EVERYONE'S favorite pokemon

i've changed my mind now, though. pikachu is a friend
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me