Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Alabama Topic
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2406
#1 Posted: 06:36:02 16/08/2022 | Topic Creator
How do you feel about the legality of "traditional Alabaman cousin loving" either irl or in media. Real opinions only.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:46:54 16/08/2022 by skylandersfan60
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#2 Posted: 08:22:09 16/08/2022
i would be happy to make an opinion essay on this but i thought we werent supposed to really talk about this on this site? i could be totally wrong about that i just know that word itself is banned which i guess is the point in how you spelled it i just dont want you or anyone else to get in trouble so i want to point that out first
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#3 Posted: 09:44:08 16/08/2022 | Topic Creator
I thought the word was banned mainly because of spam bots back in the day? I've never seen anyone in trouble for discussing it on the site but I'm not 100% sure, I could definitely be mixing it up with another banned word. If it turns out there's some ancient dS lore where someone posted their Sweet Home Alabama fantasies and that's why it got banned I won't be shocked if this get's removed, actually at this point I'd be more suprised if that wasn't the case.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:47:53 16/08/2022 by skylandersfan60
#4 Posted: 09:47:10 16/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Okay I made it dS friendly.
#5 Posted: 17:45:06 16/08/2022
you can ask a mod to be sure lol
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 19:04:01 16/08/2022
no i think this topic can stay
#7 Posted: 23:18:13 16/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Vespi is a mod in my heart.
#8 Posted: 21:03:42 25/08/2022
okay so im gonna do skylandersfan60 a solid because i feel like i ruined his topic essay below

the question is

How do you feel about the legality of "traditional Alabaman cousin loving" either irl or in media

in real life

the answer is easy

NO

dont do it and keep it illegal

not even going to bring science into it because some of that is overblown too but theres too much harm that comes out of the really bad Alabama experiences to make the ones you could even say were "genuine" or whatever that point would be to be worth it a i have a personal detest for the concept of any parent having any kind of relationship with a child other than being a parent to them and this goes beyond Alabama for example i grew up in a highly competitive relationship with my mother she wasnt a mother more than a bully and some pokemon Gary Okay rival always there to make me look like a fool specifically in front of my father or whatever and one up me in everything so no i dont like relationships that differ from what absolutely should be strictly familial and that one would be a highlight... a lot of people think things like brother/sister which i dont know entirely where the difference is there but if you made that legal you would made the rest legal too and uh... NO

in fiction

the answer is more complicated

going off my essays or whatever you want to call them in the Loli topic i want to point out how portrayal of content matters

i think you can have Alabama in your story for sure its something that happens in reality and i dont think we should take everything that happens in reality out of fiction just because its bad let me be clear here

there should absolutely not be an industry dedicated to making this kind of content for pleasure

same as with loli stuff or sexual violence stuff

because you are then encouraging the sexualization for ratification of the terrible actions telling a story hopefully a tastefully told story at that is much much different than putting together something inappropriate like that made only for peoples "kinks" which to me is not the way to describe that its more like for their "mental problem" that needs to be dealt with immediately

there were at least 2 anime i liked that featured Alabama prominently and i was torn on them until i saw that the end result was hey this is bad lets kind of not you know?

and thats okay

writing a piece of media that glorifies the misdeed makes people because unfortunately society on the whole doesnt exactly have the willpower in spades to think for themselves outside of what they see on TV feel like its okay and can have negative consequences by the way of encouragement of the said misdeed

i experienced this with at least one of the anime where and would gather and be like "well its not that bad heres a list of defenses against it" and to me it was just like... even at a bare minimum you have to accept that it is not right. a bare minumum here but people are unable to do that and that could lead to hurt in real life down the line because no i do not believe as i stated in the loli topic in peoples ability to discern reality and fiction at this point and what is okay and what is not the people into these sort of things are not going to be just into the idea of fiction i think

i say its okay to have Alabama in your fiction

i say its okay to make your fiction about Alabama even

but i prefer very much the kind of fiction that displays these things for what they really are not romanticize it and make people feel like its something to be proud of Alabama can cause a lot of pain and suffering and normally comes hand in hand with a lot of abuse in a lot of ways and if you cannot get that point across and your only intention is to romanticize it and make it out to be here for pleasure you shouldnt do it period because to me that is not okay

Lindsey personal bias disclaimer

there s content people here are already aware of that i am A Okay with that other people wouldnt be like large age gaps but in my mind we are talking consenting adults in real life and in fiction and in fiction stories like that are prominent in shoujo manga primarily which are by large and away written by a women from the perspective of a women for me it feels like a safe and more innocent telling of that kind of thing because like its not told by a guy where your like... "is he really just a predator after younger girls" and more from a girl who genuinely wants to be in this relationship of her own sound mind and free will

i mean to say perspective matter a lot to me and who is writing the story also matters a lot to me and the target audience is also very very important to theres a difference to me promoting loli content to young men (which is common) in a shonen series versus an age gap relationship younger girl (which is VERY common) in shoujo series

so despite putting this in a so-called bias disclaimer these are also the facts of this kind of media and i feel like that plays a role in my view on this kind of content

conclusion

no Alabama should not be legal anywhere in real life

i think its okay to put it in your series if you know how to handle the heavy content

AND NO PRONZ
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me