Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what did you want to be when you grew up vs now
Page 1 of 1
what did you want to be when you grew up vs now
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 00:03:11 11/08/2022 | Topic Creator
so has your career path changed from what you thought you would be doing in your childhood or what you wanted to the age old question what do you want to be when you grow up but now that you have grown up what happened is it different than what you wanted as a kid and bonus points if you explain what changed your path

i grew up being apprentice of an artist

a good one but she was evil

thought i would likely be a painter in specific as that is what i started with in art before i took up a pen or pencil on the other side i was encouraged to take up some kind of psychology which i briefly did but decided i really wasnt vibin with the therapy scene and lessons

i wound up in customer service as you normally do when you have no career path and i still have no career path theres nothing i really want to do now that jumps out at me other than do something to get money and pay for stuff you know but generally speaking i am currently in the art department so there wasnt too much a difference from what was expected of me i have done both and am still in one at the moment
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 02:13:46 11/08/2022
I wanted to be an archeologist

artist/writer/translator is pretty rough but not AS rough, that's for sure, I had some bad history/geography teachers slowly pushing me out but the illusion of exploring and learning about ancient cultures got broken once I started watching documentaries about the actual process + how much has been lost because of a rich asshole with a shovel
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:01 11/08/2022 by Bifrost
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3 Posted: 16:50:18 11/08/2022
i wanted to be a fighter pilot, but then i got a disability and it changed everything. also considering my authority problems i would NOT be fit for the military. it’s okay tho, i don’t wanna be a bootlicker anyways

i got a teaching degree but found out i hated teaching which really disappointed my family but once they saw how bad teachers were treated in the industry post covid theyre happy im not there. now i do other education related stuff just not teaching. i just want to help ppl
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#4 Posted: 18:47:28 11/08/2022
When I was young I wanted to be a "horse trainer," whatever that means. I just wanted to ride horses idk. smilie I had always been obsessed with horses but I kinda grew out of that. Also it totally wasn't feasible considering horses cost lots of money.
Nowadays I wanna be a research scientist (likely in industry)! In grade school I began to realize that I had the grades/work ethic/mentality to do well in a STEM-related field, and biology and chemistry really clicked with me. Have wanted to do biochemistry work ever since! Sometimes when it gets tough I yearn to be an author instead, but I'm happy with writing as a side hobby and then, hopefully after making enough money to be comfortable, I can retire and do writing full time instead.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3923
#5 Posted: 01:13:10 14/08/2022
i don't really remember. an astronaut at some point. my current dream job is to make money off of my art, but for now i do temp things because im mentally ill
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12161
#6 Posted: 17:14:00 16/08/2022
i wanted to be a "cartoonist". turns out that requires effort i am totally unwilling to put into art. currently i work in management at a store, though i am studying on how to into Internet Computer and what sort of career paths i can take with that.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#7 Posted: 17:15:42 16/08/2022
Cybersecurity. Rn I'm an intern for cybersecurity
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#8 Posted: 17:49:11 16/08/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Carmelita Fox
i wanted to be a "cartoonist". turns out that requires effort i am totally unwilling to put into art. currently i work in management at a store, though i am studying on how to into Internet Computer and what sort of career paths i can take with that.

carm i have a solution for your cartoonist dream become a weeb and move to japan and join Toei THERE now you dont have to put effort into art!
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#9 Posted: 18:03:20 16/08/2022
Growing up: Actor

Currently: Therapist or something creative.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 432
#10 Posted: 03:53:21 19/08/2022
I actually don't think anything has changed, but for a fun fact, I'm a telemarketer which is actually even more fitting because I'm just that annoying.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me