Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > media you thought you would hate until you tried it
Page 1 of 1
media you thought you would hate until you tried it
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#1 Posted: 03:05:07 09/08/2022 | Topic Creator
what's a show, movie, game, etc. that you just saw and thought it was completely unappealing to you until somehow one day you ended up giving it a try and actually got into it?

bonus points if you tell us what it was that turned you off to it initially, and what changed your mind.

first one that springs to mind for me is naruto. while it did lose me by the time it was over, i enjoyed it for a while after i started watching it.

i didn't want to watch it at first because i thought the characters were ugly, lol

as for what got me into it...

---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 12:31:23 09/08/2022
Undertale for sure. I was still in my overly-critical-of-media-phase when it came out and I scoffed at such a simple RPG being any good. So, so glad to be wrong.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3923
#3 Posted: 19:30:32 09/08/2022
sonic the hedgehog. kid me was like: sonic is so popular i'm going to avoid this on principle. i was so so wrong

i eventually decided to try it out bc i had enough friends online and irl that liked it and i was like ok i at least have to give it a go
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12161
#4 Posted: 16:09:18 16/08/2022
Quote: ThunderEgg
sonic the hedgehog. kid me was like: sonic is so popular i'm going to avoid this on principle. i was so so wrong

i eventually decided to try it out bc i had enough friends online and irl that liked it and i was like ok i at least have to give it a go

that reminds me of when my dad want to introduce me to sonic and got me sonic rush for christmas 2006. i peeked at my presents and i was so upset. but then i played it and after that sonic became my life for like 3 years.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#5 Posted: 05:31:39 17/08/2022
bleach i originally was thought it was a slice of life which was good but i thought the name was stupid for some reason and i think it came on like right after one of those american adult cartoons or something and i associated it with late night boring TV

we lost whatever TV service we had and that was one of the only channels left and then i saw this

this is what made me like it

it ended bad as bad as it gets once the anime ended thats when i lost interest reached its peak there to me and when the manga continues the last arc sucked besides the part about his mom

bonus

i grew up with japanese media so american comic books turned me very much off i got thought the art was ugly compared to anime and manga and the colors did not appeal to me AT ALL for some reason never liked them one day i was given this old magazine that has a comic strip of i think WITCH in it and i thought it was funny

later i saw a particular artist who drew very well and it almost had a manga look black and white color very nice and when i found out it was a comic book artists i thought a little bit better of the art

i still dont read american comic books but my view of them isnt as negative as it used to be now
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1799
#6 Posted: 07:34:31 17/08/2022
Steven universe, I didn't watch many cartoons around that time but from what I did see of it on commercials, it looked like garbage. It looked like a loll so random animated sitcom. I have a friend who was watching it at the time (up to season 4 I think) and he wouldn't leave me alone about watching it, saying the commercials are bad but he knows it would be something I would enjoy. He was right, Steven Universe was awesome.
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 432
#7 Posted: 00:45:39 27/08/2022
Someone should make a reverse topic about media you thought you'd like until you tried it, lol.

(I'm trying to think of something I thought I'd hate until I tried it but I'm having a block...)
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#8 Posted: 07:03:18 31/08/2022
paranormal shows is one
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#9 Posted: 19:07:43 31/08/2022
soulsbornes games, i thought they would be too hard

[User Posted Image]
autism, not even once
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#10 Posted: 19:16:51 31/08/2022
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
soulsbornes games, i thought they would be too hard

[User Posted Image]
autism, not even once

Souls games are the perfect difficulty for me. I find a lot of rage games like jump king kinda one note
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3923
#11 Posted: 21:33:30 31/08/2022
flight rising lmao

its good i like it
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#12 Posted: 07:24:55 03/09/2022
I've been trying to think of something for literal weeks and I can't so I'm just gonna say that one pink liquid medicine not Pepto Bismol there was another one I hated medicine as a kid and it would take hours for my parents to finally convince me to take it so I resisted this mysterious pink medicine for hours and then when I eventually had it I actually liked it and everybody thought it was funny because I wanted to have it again.

Yeah.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:25:36 03/09/2022 by Erikatastrophe
#13 Posted: 07:36:00 03/09/2022
i like that you just considered pepto bismol and medicine as media
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:01 03/09/2022 by LeewweewoowheeH
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#14 Posted: 18:44:28 03/09/2022
Warrior Cats (tho now it's a guilty pleasure)
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#15 Posted: 19:15:19 03/09/2022
what did my above post say that got censored i tried to spell ‘considered’ lol
---
#16 Posted: 19:54:07 03/09/2022
^ I was so confused, lmfao.

Medicine might as well have its own series at this point, though.
---
#17 Posted: 06:02:21 06/09/2022
basically whatever they have on TLC most of the time i forget what show on there my mother used to watch it annoyed me so much... i think when i was like 14 or something there was this show i saw about hoarders and for some reason i really liked it and then started to watch more shows on there a lot of them are like reality dramas that are so overblown its kind of funny but theres a show every now and then i like for a note when i was sick bad in 2020-2021 i started to binge TLC all day and i questions when i became the stereotypical stay-at-home TLC binge watching mom and legitimately laughed out loud at the realization of it a little ways in so while im not talking a specific show right now you can just say TLC or TLC style reality dramas were not my first pick but now i can like them depending on which im still a little picky
---
#18 Posted: 06:15:18 06/09/2022
^ And I was the childless aunt who came over to help pick up the pieces after your divorce.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:32 06/09/2022 by Erikatastrophe
#19 Posted: 06:18:38 06/09/2022
^^^^YES! ..............................................................................but ahem we dont.... talk about the thing.... him anymore Erika or the pieces......... we picked those up
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#20 Posted: 23:19:06 06/09/2022 | Topic Creator
the main series pokemon games are another one. watched the anime, played the spin offs (stadium, snap, hey you pikachu, etc.), had some cards (although i didn't really understand the tcg). but the main series games (red, blue, etc.) just did not look appealing.... tbh though, i have the feeling someone turned me off to them that i can't remember but was somehow ingrained into my subconscious mind. i think i had a brief experience with one of the og hoenn games and it was just as bad as i expected! ended up playing the og sinnoh ones later on and that's how i got into it. that said, i haven't touched one in forever.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me