Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Truth About Seiki
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1 Posted: 22:50:53 29/06/2022 | Topic Creator
I am not speaking on behalf of either the victim or Seiki. I will not be referring to the victim in this post and will blur out their names and any mentions. If they are uncomfortable with this topic I will delete this post immediately.

Back in 2013, I was in middle school on a site called darkSpyro where I would go and talk about the latest Skylanders news while also goofing around in the Stuff and Nonsense section of the board. This section of the site was notorious for being a place where anyone can say anything. With many users being around the age of teen romance movies and tv shows featuring people kissing and dating many users of the website would date each other as their crushes as their sexuality grew. Seiki in particular would end up being really close with a certain user on the site and would end up dating this user.

I am not trying to smear Seiki's reputation on the site but instead inform users of a disgusting act done on the forum. The reason why this user is disgusting is not because of his behavior or his reputation. The user in question was cheered on for dating another user on the site. The problem was that this user was dating someone who happened to be 14 and Seiki was 20.

Back in 2013, these two users would constantly flirt with each other on topics within the forum with examples being

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

These posts at first seem like typical internet flirting at the time. However, while rereading messages such as these I felt disgusted and shocked.

The average age of darkSpyro users at the time was around the ages of middle and high schoolers. It is not hard to believe that they would not be informed on topics such as statutory rape or pedophilia. And because of this many users were blind to the blatant age gap between the two users dating. This could be because they did not know the Seiki's age or that they did not know the consequences of age gaps this big.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The earliest post I can find on the site about these two users dating goes back to 2013. Seiki was born in the year 1993 making him around 19-20 when this relationship started. The victim was born in 1999 making them 13-14.

While I couldn’t find the exact post officially declaring this relationship Seiki has made a couple of topics officially stating that he was in fact in a relationship with the victim and made various topics celebrating their anniversaries.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

It can be confirmed that these two users have dated for at least 3 years. These two users have also been most likely still talking past 2016 as in a 2018 topic discussing users people on the site would want to meet the victim posted

[User Posted Image]

This post is also important because it shows that these two users have met offline. I am unsure if the victim was 18 or older at the time of the meeting because the meeting date was not specified.

The definition of grooming is when an adult befriends and establishes an emotional connection with a minor to lower the child's inhibitions with the objective of sexual activity. Isn’t it quite difficult to process that these two users would end up meeting in the end despite the age gap being about 6 years? I do not know Seiki's goals or intentions during this meeting nor will I ever try to find out. All I do know is that this act of grooming a minor that they were in a relationship with and then proceeding to meet them is disgusting.

I am not mad at Seiki for his actions. Perhaps he was never educated on the topics of statutory rape or consent laws. However, I am mad at myself for not connecting the dots between these two users and the consequences of their actions that were constantly being shown on the site and is accessible to every user. I did not connect the dots between Seiki and his actions for quite a while and was ignorant of this situation happening right in front of me.

I have been wanting to talk about this on the site for a while now to discuss how gross the internet can be and not even realizing it. It's not hard to think about the what-ifs such as one user being the one brave enough to report this relationship. Keep in mind that this relationship was very out in the open and it makes me scared to think about how many children on this site have been groomed on this site privately.

[User Posted Image]

Please do not contact either of the two users mentioned in this post. If you do know them do not go after them or confront them about this topic. Again if either Seiki or the victim were to contact me about deleting this I will do it immediately.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#2 Posted: 23:58:44 29/06/2022
thank you for the explanation this is exactly like what vespi said in the other topic it seems like every other user who was on this site was a predator i had no clue this was a thing with seiki i was around on/off in 2013 but i dont even remember him being around then i remember mostly from 2017-18 so like how... did the guy not ever get called out or in trouble for that. seikis not banned so therefore could come back or be around still so thank you for educating us on the situation there someperson i appreciate that
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#3 Posted: 05:09:58 30/06/2022
Thank you for explaining. I remember thinking Seiki was cool as a kid, it's disappointing to see this. I hope the other user is doing well now.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#4 Posted: 14:39:21 30/06/2022
This is incredibly disappointing to hear, and I'm glad you spoke up about it because I genuinely had no idea about the age gap. Because they talked all the time about being married and such, for some reason I had it in my young, naïve mind that both of them were grown adults.

The only thing I disagree with about your post is not being mad at Seiki. It's true, he might have not known about what statutory rape or even grooming was, those words were not common place on the internet at that time. I don't think I personally learned what either of those were until I was 18.

However, it is not normal for a twenty year-old to be attracted to a 13-14 year-old. If I were to compare both the maturity & age gap, this is what I looked like when I was the victim's age:

[User Posted Image]

and THIS is what I looked like at around Seiki's age

[User Posted Image]

When I was 13-14, I still looked like a complete child. I acted like a complete child. For a grown man to be attracted to someone that age is disgusting and appauling, and there is no excuse for it, even if he didn't know what either of those terms meant.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#5 Posted: 17:07:59 30/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Yeah the age gap is quite big for a physical attraction. I really do hope it wasn't a physical attraction and more of a personality thing because I assume their bond was over text.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#6 Posted: 18:48:25 30/06/2022
Quote: somePerson
Yeah the age gap is quite big for a physical attraction. I really do hope it wasn't a physical attraction and more of a personality thing because I assume their bond was over text.

No doubt it was a personality thing at first, but when you consider how close they were, there had to be a point where they sent selfies to each other. Especially since it's confirmed they had already met in person at least once.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:51 30/06/2022 by TheFlyingSeal
#7 Posted: 01:19:31 01/07/2022
yeah not knowing what the terms meant should make no difference were talking about a 20 year old who in my eyes while still hasnt peaked in maturity i use adult loosely most definitely knew better than to do what he did and did it anyway he was not naive to the action itself
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#8 Posted: 11:42:10 02/07/2022
Pretty upsetting to hear about, I hope the victim is doing okay now.

Tbh when you first told me about it a few months ago, I wasn't really sure if I should do something as mod but since this was years ago and is no longer happening, he hasn't been on in a while, and doesn't seem to post anymore I suppose there's no point for me to do anything about it?

It always feels slimy knowing that at one point you've shared a website or even had a few interactions with someone like this.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:45:26 02/07/2022 by Iceclaw
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#9 Posted: 13:45:22 02/07/2022
I can't believe this went completely over my head when I was younger. Dang, I considered Seiki a pretty solid acquaintance, too. I hope the victim is doing okay. Thanks for raising some awareness about it, sP.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:48 02/07/2022 by ShadowMewX
#10 Posted: 17:58:54 02/07/2022
Quote: Iceclaw
Pretty upsetting to hear about, I hope the victim is doing okay now.

Tbh when you first told me about it a few months ago, I wasn't really sure if I should do something as mod but since this was years ago and is no longer happening, he hasn't been on in a while, and doesn't seem to post anymore I suppose there's no point for me to do anything about it?

It always feels slimy knowing that at one point you've shared a website or even had a few interactions with someone like this.

just to throw some 2 cents in about it what Seiki did could be considered soemthing that would make him dangerous to the community here or any other one if he were to randomly pop back in i dont think the vast majority of users would be very comfortable with that its not ongoing at the moment but his past actions could be considered in a way to deem him potentially dangerous i know i personally would not be okay with the thought of the guy coming back and doing it again only for him to be reprehended after that when it could have been prevented. i presume mods on here can see passed the private user online status if he hasnt visited in like three years then i guess hes probably gone but if he popped in like 3 weeks ago maybe a mod talk would be a good idea all in all i think the biggest problem would be if the guy comes back and then dark should probably be informed about all of that from what i have seen he takes this stuff very seriously
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me