Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
anne frank
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 03:25:03 26/06/2022 | Topic Creator
for those of you who do not know who she is Anne Frank was a young jewish girl who was born in germany and lived in the netherlands during world war ii as some of you might know i have a mixed ethnically background that normally i dont like talking much about but recently i have been tryi by to be more open and confident in it

i have a mixture that can be described as featuring pretty much all of the main players from the second world war and one of those happen to be my european/jewish ancestry that directly connects back to that war and those like Anne Frank

my family was involved in an mixed through what happened during that time and when i was being schooled as a kid i had a choice between quite a few books to read for said school and one of them was the diary of Anne Frank to which i chose

she was 13 when she started her diary and i was about the same age it stood out to me and i do not regret picking up that book to read

the book features writings from her between 1942 and 1944 that basically chronicle her and her family attempting to survive through the holocaust

Anne Frank and her family were eventually killed and she died in 1945 at the age of 15 in the nazi bergen belsen concentration camp and her diary was published some years later

if youre interested pick up the book and give it a read it might teach you something or give you something interesting to think about or help see some perspective from that time from that viewpoint i know i did and that is my own heritage there or a part of it

google has a fun animatic on the homepage right now if youre interested

i found my thought process lined up with some of the things Anne wrote about it it was weird the way she described things or her feelings felt very familiar to me Anne and i also have a birthday within a week of one another and honestly have a fairly a striking resemblance as children if you take out from me the asian looking part when i read about this girl i really connected to her and her story

i didnt have many role models as a kid but i did have stories and characters and people i felt like i related to

given the amount of connections i had with her i think it would be safe to say Anne Frank was a pretty important connection i had during my late childhood early teenage years

but yeah

i had a few important connections one other being one during my teenage years with the story of a japanese girl i would also like to tell you about some time

thats pretty much that

Anne Frank

[User Posted Image]
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Immy Blue Sparx Gems: 963
#2 Posted: 04:29:13 29/06/2022
Thank you, LeewweewoowheeH.

This is a very informative post about Anne Frank.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#3 Posted: 04:40:16 29/06/2022
Man my role models were anime characters as a 13 year old.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#4 Posted: 04:46:32 29/06/2022
Quote: skylandersfan60

ok but like deku unironically inspires dweebs to work out
#5 Posted: 07:52:50 29/06/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Immy
Thank you, LeewweewoowheeH.

This is a very informative post about Anne Frank.

you are very welcome and thank you

i think thats perfectly okay i had anime characters i related to too like kiki. i think it doesn’t matter where they come from if it had a positive influence on you whether theyre real people or fictional characters theyre still important

Quote: somePerson

ok but like deku unironically inspires dweebs to work out

this is true i know a lot of people who are into saitama start to work out too
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#6 Posted: 03:28:45 01/07/2022
great topic!

i was glad when i saw her on google's homepage too, more people need to know about anne frank.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#7 Posted: 03:42:15 01/07/2022 | Topic Creator
^i know right i was shocked and taken aback when i saw it i didnt think especially not that whole slide they did
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me