Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
so microsoft bought activision
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 21:39:15 18/01/2022 | Topic Creator
and why the **** am i seeing people all of a sudden like "eeeep aaaaaa all of my activision games are saveeeed we win" im sorry....? what is this this is just one greedy company buying out another because it saw an opportunity and thought "hey if i buy out this company ill look like a heroes" and make money on their games this isnt any form of justice for what activision let go on under its watch i mean come on

bobby kotick the ceo is going to get a payout of like 400m lol how is that justice it isnt thats a victory for activision thats not justice being bought up by microsoft is a reward so get out of here with that

only if microsoft goes down the list of activision employees and fires everyone with a y chromosome is that even a start to doing something right about that situation literally everything and everyone has failed to bring the appropriate measure of attention and justice to the vile and terrible things this company did to the female employees who work there

one of them killed herself

quite frankly i hate them i despise activision they are everything that is wrong with the video game industry bottled up in one place and are a terrible horrible sexist disgusting and vile company that doesnt deserve to be bought up by anyone only dissolved until they are nothing and to hell with all of their video game franchises who cares like really? reeeeally? are your video games more important than real life people and their emotions wellbeing and dignity and self respect OH well look i guess they are apparently this isnt a good thing and this is just another company doing business at the expense of the people with little to no power especially women
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#2 Posted: 21:41:36 18/01/2022 | Topic Creator
this post was not directed at anyone on this site i juust woke up to this **** in my news feed and saw comments on and about it so this is a very unfiltered very sleepy reaction i have not seen any reaction to t his yet on here so i made a topic about it
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#3 Posted: 22:46:15 18/01/2022
is this good? is this bad? SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO FEEL
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#4 Posted: 01:09:44 19/01/2022
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
and why the **** am i seeing people all of a sudden like "eeeep aaaaaa all of my activision games are saveeeed we win" im sorry....? what is this this is just one greedy company buying out another because it saw an opportunity and thought "hey if i buy out this company ill look like a heroes" and make money on their games this isnt any form of justice for what activision let go on under its watch i mean come on

bobby kotick the ceo is going to get a payout of like 400m lol how is that justice it isnt thats a victory for activision thats not justice being bought up by microsoft is a reward so get out of here with that

only if microsoft goes down the list of activision employees and fires everyone with a y chromosome is that even a start to doing something right about that situation literally everything and everyone has failed to bring the appropriate measure of attention and justice to the vile and terrible things this company did to the female employees who work there

one of them killed herself

quite frankly i hate them i despise activision they are everything that is wrong with the video game industry bottled up in one place and are a terrible horrible sexist disgusting and vile company that doesnt deserve to be bought up by anyone only dissolved until they are nothing and to hell with all of their video game franchises who cares like really? reeeeally? are your video games more important than real life people and their emotions wellbeing and dignity and self respect OH well look i guess they are apparently this isnt a good thing and this is just another company doing business at the expense of the people with little to no power especially women

[User Posted Image]

the way people are framing it as something that will redeem activision's abuse is baffling
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#5 Posted: 01:35:05 19/01/2022 | Topic Creator
^i know right like what planet do you have to live on to see it as redemption it is literally a business acquisition between billionaires to make more billions are those billions all going to be donated to womens charities i think not
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 04:08:07 19/01/2022
SEVENTY BILLION US DOLLARS
IMAGINE WHAT THAT MONEY COULD'VE GONE TO INSTEAD

LAND GIVEN BACK TO INDENGIOUS PEOPLE

PROVIDING FOOD AND SHELTER TO THE POOR AND HOMELESS

SAVING ENDANGERED SPECIES

CANCER RESEARCH

ANYTHING BUT THE EQUIVALENT TO BUYING A PILE OF TRASH, WITH THE TRASH CONTAINING A YEARLY SHOOTER FRANCHISE AND A FRANCHISE ON LIFE SUPPORT THAT'S KEPT ALIVE BY SFM NSFW ANIMATIONS

SEVENTY

BILLION

DOLLARS

FOR OVERWATCH

God the fact Blizzard drones are using this as a "we're free! we can continue playing our awful games guilt free! (not that they had any guilt anyway!!)" is so grating, and if it wasn't for the censors here I'd swear about it. Hope Microsoft enjoys their stupid purchase and it bites them in the ass hard. Because there is no way this ends well, and the only place Blizzard should be is dead, along with their IPs.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:17:54 19/01/2022 by Sleepy0429
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#7 Posted: 08:02:46 19/01/2022
i doubt anything was going to happen to anyone at acti/bliz anyway unfortunately. at least now potentially spencer can kick them into a presentable shape and manage some of the devs talents for better projects and making them more sustainable, dev health wise. i dont think that wouldve happened on its own. it def seems like kotick was against it, but the board took the money regardless. i absolutely hope the company gets turned inside out management wise and people see repercussions but im not sure itll happen. i also think there is something to say about the monopolization aspect of the whole thing (its giving me disney/21st century buyout vibes) and its worrying to see so much go under a single umbrella. cant say im not interested to see the future of certain franchises after this whole thing tho, same as i was interested in the fan4/xmen projects for the mcu even given how detrimental the buyout is otherwise. it can be both, i think.

dont keep off these execs asses until they're served on a platter, but i dont think its exactly harmful to talk about other aspects of this deal. this is one of the most impactful moments of the modern gaming industry. this decision will affect how the entire next console cycle will go. will cod be exclusive to a single console? thats a huge deal. how will the work culture shift, how will defunct franchises like tony hawk, crash, spyro be handled, what will microsoft do with huge longrunning online services like wow. microsoft now owns the insane cashcows of both hearthstone AND candy crush. these are gigantic things that will reverberate within the industry. i dont think its right to say "now i can feel good for supporting acti/blizz games." cause we just dont know whats gonna happen yet either way. i just dont know if going to the other extreme is that much better. its complicated. def respect anyone not supporting their products. i dont play these games either way, not counting spyro/crash/skylanders.
#8 Posted: 11:38:33 19/01/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sleepy0429
SEVENTY BILLION US DOLLARS
IMAGINE WHAT THAT MONEY COULD'VE GONE TO INSTEAD

LAND GIVEN BACK TO INDENGIOUS PEOPLE

PROVIDING FOOD AND SHELTER TO THE POOR AND HOMELESS

SAVING ENDANGERED SPECIES

CANCER RESEARCH

ANYTHING BUT THE EQUIVALENT TO BUYING A PILE OF TRASH, WITH THE TRASH CONTAINING A YEARLY SHOOTER FRANCHISE AND A FRANCHISE ON LIFE SUPPORT THAT'S KEPT ALIVE BY SFM NSFW ANIMATIONS

SEVENTY

BILLION

DOLLARS

FOR OVERWATCH

God the fact Blizzard drones are using this as a "we're free! we can continue playing our awful games guilt free! (not that they had any guilt anyway!!)" is so grating, and if it wasn't for the censors here I'd swear about it. Hope Microsoft enjoys their stupid purchase and it bites them in the ass hard. Because there is no way this ends well, and the only place Blizzard should be is dead, along with their IPs.

^^^^uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh this! thank you for posting this exactly that

Quote: Lunar
i doubt anything was going to happen to anyone at acti/bliz anyway unfortunately. at least now potentially spencer can kick them into a presentable shape and manage some of the devs talents for better projects and making them more sustainable, dev health wise. i dont think that wouldve happened on its own. it def seems like kotick was against it, but the board took the money regardless. i absolutely hope the company gets turned inside out management wise and people see repercussions but im not sure itll happen. i also think there is something to say about the monopolization aspect of the whole thing (its giving me disney/21st century buyout vibes) and its worrying to see so much go under a single umbrella. cant say im not interested to see the future of certain franchises after this whole thing tho, same as i was interested in the fan4/xmen projects for the mcu even given how detrimental the buyout is otherwise. it can be both, i think.

dont keep off these execs asses until they're served on a platter, but i dont think its exactly harmful to talk about other aspects of this deal. this is one of the most impactful moments of the modern gaming industry. this decision will affect how the entire next console cycle will go. will cod be exclusive to a single console? thats a huge deal. how will the work culture shift, how will defunct franchises like tony hawk, crash, spyro be handled, what will microsoft do with huge longrunning online services like wow. microsoft now owns the insane cashcows of both hearthstone AND candy crush. these are gigantic things that will reverberate within the industry. i dont think its right to say "now i can feel good for supporting acti/blizz games." cause we just dont know whats gonna happen yet either way. i just dont know if going to the other extreme is that much better. its complicated. def respect anyone not supporting their products. i dont play these games either way, not counting spyro/crash/skylanders.

obviously i am definitely a little more extreme in one specific direction but i agree with a lot of what you said so thank you for sharing your thoughts too!
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#9 Posted: 12:13:29 19/01/2022
"NOOOOOO SPYRO AND CRASH ARE PS MASCOTS!!!!! STOOOPPPP AHHHH"

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:17:12 19/01/2022 by Blackholes_Wolf
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#10 Posted: 20:08:36 19/01/2022
Pretty concerning tbh, not a fan of Microsoft buying up literally every company for exclusivity. I dislike Sony but what happens when Phil Spencer leaves, we could easily have an Xbox One type situation again.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#11 Posted: 21:10:54 19/01/2022
i don't like monopolies but its funny seeing PS fanboys cope

[User Posted Image]
#12 Posted: 00:23:13 20/01/2022
me, who didn't get either new gen console because I can't afford one and find one
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#13 Posted: 01:25:18 20/01/2022
didn't think i could have any less respect for microsoft. i was wrong.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#14 Posted: 23:32:53 21/01/2022
It could be worse, they could be part of the Disney world wide takeover.
---
^ You all know it's true
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#15 Posted: 04:43:06 22/01/2022
no, if disney bought activision i wouldn't have thought much of it for that very reason, it's just part of the takeover. the fact that ms did it says something about their morals.

for real though, i would have been pissed at disney if they sunk that low. but i do not care for what happens to acti at this point, that company should have burned to the ground.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:47:19 22/01/2022 by YesterdayFemmey
#16 Posted: 01:58:01 29/01/2022 | Topic Creator
theyre just a bunch of douchebags and microsoft doesnt seem to be saying literally anything in the way of “were gonna make it better or try to make it right” which they should have at least attempted to make some sort of statement on by now
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#17 Posted: 07:13:08 29/01/2022
theyre just a bunch of douchebags and microsoft doesnt seem to be saying literally anything in the way of “were gonna make it better or try to make it right” which they should have at least attempted to make some sort of statement on by now

They kind of sort of have? I mean they aren't really making statements now because like paperwork of this stuff takes a whole ass year. But there has been mentions of tossing Bobby Kotick out to the landfill as soon as they get the proper acquisition rights to do so. Which IMO that's a good start. Maybe later down the road they can do more. Tho Xbox CEO Phil Spencer mentioned bringing back guitar hero and possibly skylanders. With Microsoft they can call off the lawsuit and well go "**** you right, how do we Parent company make it right?"

OR they boil the company down after getting the IPs, make everyone that currently holds a job, jobless, and build up games for these IPs with the third party/developers because it's hard to get a bloody stain out of names.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#18 Posted: 07:21:53 29/01/2022

the thing about billionaires is that they can get away with a lot of things. for example people are saying that bobby got away too easily. but how could Microsoft punish actually him? he held the stocks to sell the company. so if he didn't want to sell his stocks Microsoft wouldn't have bought activision. and if they fired him there's two options. fire him without a cause for like 300 thousand bucks. or fire him with a cause for 300 million. firing people with this much money and power is not the same as firing a waiter. the guy could also afford lawyers that would make the case even more expensive and annoying for Microsoft to handle to the point where its not worth it.
https://twitter.com/stephentot...658278893592579

also satya nadella said there was gonna be a reform in the work culture so there's that. the whole misogyny in the office is a problem that exceeds most companies and I hope that more and more companies get outed for the better. the only problem I have with people only blaming big names like bobby is that the misogynistic workplace isn't because of him. (he could have tried to stop it tho lmao) it goes way deeper from workers adding to the toxic culture such leads, staff, programmers, devs, etc. you have to go past more than the management to fix this kind of problem.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:24:49 29/01/2022 by somePerson
#19 Posted: 09:38:08 29/01/2022 | Topic Creator
in the following post i am not trying to sound like im mad at anyone i am replying to because im not my words might be a little vicious but any frustration is absolutely not directed at you guys but at the companies and people in question this kind of thing is a topic im sure a lot of you know by now is very important to me so i get very... passionate i guess about it so sorry in advance if i come off any kind of rude i do not mean to be not to you.

Quote: Trix Master 100

They kind of sort of have? I mean they aren't really making statements now because like paperwork of this stuff takes a whole ass year. But there has been mentions of tossing Bobby Kotick out to the landfill as soon as they get the proper acquisition rights to do so. Which IMO that's a good start. Maybe later down the road they can do more. Tho Xbox CEO Phil Spencer mentioned bringing back guitar hero and possibly skylanders. With Microsoft they can call off the lawsuit and well go "**** you right, how do we Parent company make it right?"

OR they boil the company down after getting the IPs, make everyone that currently holds a job, jobless, and build up games for these IPs with the third party/developers because it's hard to get a bloody stain out of names.

Bobby still walks away with like 400m so he wins in the end and i guess it comes down to the concept for me that Microsoft would even buy this company at all with how disgusting they are and to me those IPs were made in that culture in that work place and arent worth soiling your own company over them who cares forget about Activision basically.

^this to me would be a good start its kind of what i said in my first post

Quote: somePerson

the thing about billionaires is that they can get away with a lot of things. for example people are saying that bobby got away too easily. but how could Microsoft punish actually him? he held the stocks to sell the company. so if he didn't want to sell his stocks Microsoft wouldn't have bought activision. and if they fired him there's two options. fire him without a cause for like 300 thousand bucks. or fire him with a cause for 300 million. firing people with this much money and power is not the same as firing a waiter. the guy could also afford lawyers that would make the case even more expensive and annoying for Microsoft to handle to the point where its not worth it.
https://twitter.com/stephentot...658278893592579

also satya nadella said there was gonna be a reform in the work culture so there's that. the whole misogyny in the office is a problem that exceeds most companies and I hope that more and more companies get outed for the better. the only problem I have with people only blaming big names like bobby is that the misogynistic workplace isn't because of him. (he could have tried to stop it tho lmao) it goes way deeper from workers adding to the toxic culture such leads, staff, programmers, devs, etc. you have to go past more than the management to fix this kind of problem.

they should put on their big kid training pants then and risk the lawsuit to make a statement that they dont accept or condone that kind of behaviour (theyre microsoft though and to be honest they probably have just as terrible of a work environment maybe theyre made for one another) hes a nobody to a company like Microsoft they afford biggermore expensive lawyers and if Bobby sued them he would only prove even more why hes a douchebag like the horny jerk men patrol he has working for him.

ill see that reform when i believe it and youre absolutely right Bobby is not the only one to blame he cdeserves to be held responsible because he allowed this to happen under his watch (and to be honest just as much because hes such a guiltless jerk about about) but absolutely yeah all of the guys who did what they did are even more to blame and they all individually need to be punished for what they did thats why i put what i put in my first post about firing every guy who works there i think that would suuuuuure solve the problem the company should just be dissolved Microsoft should take their stupid little IPs and just kick everyone else out the door theyre billionaires so like you said they can get away with that
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#20 Posted: 19:45:19 30/01/2022
Bobby still walks away with like 400m so he wins in the end and i guess it comes down to the concept for me that Microsoft would even buy this company at all with how disgusting they are and to me those IPs were made in that culture in that work place and arent worth soiling your own company over them who cares forget about Activision basically.

^this to me would be a good start its kind of what i said in my first post

okay so like the situation is ****ty but this post really reeks of misinformation and blatant disregard for the people at the company that DIDN'T do horrible things so i wanna take the time to talk about this for just one sec

Bobby still walks away with like 400m so he wins in the end

bobby kotick walks away with money in this situation regardless of what happens to him, its in his contract. if he gets arrested, he still gets money. if he dies, he still gets money. no matter how you slice it, no matter how he leaves, he gets money based on how his contract was drawn up. im not saying this to defend that ****stain in any way, shape, or form, but to point out that his very contract is corrupt and contracts like that should not exist in the games industry in the first place.

^this to me would be a good start its kind of what i said in my first post[

this is an incredibly gross idea and one of the big reasons im tired of the internet talking about this **** in the first place, because the vast majority of people dont actually care about the employees suffering at actiblizz and are just focused on the IPs or how theyre tainted or whatever. theres close to 10,000 employees at activision blizzard, and while theres obviously some horrendously corrupt people all over the company and in the industry, it's obviously not the majority of the people that work there, especially the individuals that have been harassed and abused by the current leaders at the company. even if we say 1000 people there are awful and need to go (which is a pretty big chunk of the company in the first place), is that worth taking the other 8 or 9 THOUSAND people's livelyhoods away from them? what about all of the employees now going through therapy and need medical treatment because of what happened here but need to keep the benefits and insurance a massive company like actiblizz can provide them with? what about the people in the industry genuinely passionate about their craft, who's dream it is to work on diablo or CoD or spyro or any of these franchises they grew up with? what about the people who saw this happening and want to use it as a way to make real change in the industry, like the people at raven software? its absolutely disgusting to me that people just dont give a **** about the actual people there anymore, its just about the two megacorps and none of the people caught in the middle.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:40 30/01/2022 by Vespi
#21 Posted: 22:55:10 30/01/2022 | Topic Creator
again once again a disclaimer that im not trying to be personally aggressive but your not getting silly passive Lindsey in these posts this is not a joke to me youre super cool Vespi i love ya girl

that said

just want to be clear that *****y doesnt even begin to describe the situation to me and the people involved are evil and i would never uut a "but" after a statement about how bad this situation is to me

no misinformation i did my research these are facts

kotick

you see thats not the point the point is that microsoft initiated whats in his contract and he gets that money because of them everyone could have left that company to its own devices and let it sink or swim on its own (hopefully sink!) but microsoft being the greedy cooperate hell that it is saw an opportunity capitalized on it and sunk its teeth into what hopefully turns out to be a huge regret for them and all of that in the name of money and complete disregard for the people who were wronged

to that last part

let me explain clearly what i mean i care deeply about the victims thats my whole point if you read my first post i suggested firing every man there half a joke half serious because the women are the victims (sure maybe some men but lets be real come the **** on) what i would do... launch the biggest deepest investigation on every one of them fire everyone in management positions who are even rumored to be involved (they will find work elsewhere again cry me a river theyll be snatched up in a second and a half) and interview all 10000 of those employees and find out who did what and fire everyone accordingly... but ooooooh microsoft will never spend the money on that thats too reasonable and human of a thing to do

in additional you say it like if these people lose their jobs here they completely doomed and theyll lose everything if you have a job at a company like activision and you have that to your name and resume you 99 percent can and will find work elsewhere the victims absolutely dont deserve to lose their jobs no not all i never suggested that myself

it's obviously not the majority of the people that work there

it very well could be we really dont know that either way either way we have not only the perps but the people (who surely were very many) that knew what was going on and then did nothing about it

dream to work on game

i honestly dont care quite frankly i dont in comparison to real life tangible people who suffered so much abuse or someones dream to work on one of those games if you were 1. not a victim or 2. were a perpetrator your dream to work on one of those games doesnt matter in comparison to justice for those women and to be honest if they have any sense or dignity they would agree with me and that statement

this is an incredibly gross idea and one of the big reasons im tired of the internet talking about this **** in the first place

this to me comes off as not caring about the people there though if we stop talking about it then we stop talking about the problems and these kinds of things altogether and i refuse then the victims become silent again because gamerz feelings are getting hurt or people are one extreme or the other
---
#22 Posted: 20:55:05 31/01/2022
I think you're confused on how buying a company works here. Bobby didn't need to sell Activision. Activision was not on death row after the controversy like let's say ensemble studios
. Bobby is a very successful businessman who is loved by shareholders and board of directors who made a 800 thousand dollar company into a 70 billion dollar one. If he didn't want to sell the company he wouldn't have.

The dude has 4 million dollar shares within the company. In order to buy those shares Microsoft would have to pay over the amount at an exaggerated market rate.

don't get mad that another billionaire is getting richer. be glad that asshole small peepee man is gone
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:56 31/01/2022 by somePerson
#23 Posted: 23:16:16 01/02/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
I think you're confused on how buying a company works here. Bobby didn't need to sell Activision. Activision was not on death row after the controversy like let's say ensemble studios
. Bobby is a very successful businessman who is loved by shareholders and board of directors who made a 800 thousand dollar company into a 70 billion dollar one. If he didn't want to sell the company he wouldn't have.

The dude has 4 million dollar shares within the company. In order to buy those shares Microsoft would have to pay over the amount at an exaggerated market rate.

don't get mad that another billionaire is getting richer. be glad that asshole small peepee man is gone

no i am not confused i understand exactly how it works i'm going to put this as simply as i can to make sure it is very very clear my point made in this topic was that greedy Microsoft bought a company up who is worse than bad and lower than lower. how they did it doesnt matter and bobby getting a big payout is secondary to the moral compass that is clearly out of whack in the microsoft department. Microsoft bought Activision and they bought the problems that come with it and so far have made no legitimate statement about what they plan to do about it and that should have been first order of business but nope theyre just lining their pockets with some more IPs for their already toxic wasteland of a video game environment.

as another note you know how much money Microsoft has though right? they could have exaggeratedly bought what they needed if they wanted to.

and i will be mad that another billionaire is getting richer with a sexist abhorrent video game company.
---
#24 Posted: 02:19:32 04/02/2022
Quote: Drednaw
meanwhile sony bought bungee

that is the saddest response sony has put out to microsoft in the last few gens

hope they enjoy their purchase though
---
#25 Posted: 02:29:20 04/02/2022
Quote: Sleepy0429
Quote: Drednaw
meanwhile sony bought bungee

that is the saddest response sony has put out to microsoft in the last few gens

hope they enjoy their purchase though

its probably been in the talks for awhile. still its just destiny people lol
#26 Posted: 03:23:31 04/02/2022 | Topic Creator
who is bungee
---
#27 Posted: 15:50:21 16/02/2022
im buying microsoft, whos with me
---
#28 Posted: 00:23:18 20/02/2022 | Topic Creator
do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
---
#29 Posted: 17:39:35 21/02/2022
brb starting a gofundme as we speak
---
#30 Posted: 21:46:39 22/02/2022 | Topic Creator
sweeeeet ill be the first to donate i got you
---
#31 Posted: 18:08:45 26/03/2022 | Topic Creator
in case microsoft or the people who supported the microsoft deal somehow really did believe Activision would be redeemed simply by being bought out by another heartless machine of a workplace sexist disaster among other tragedies of a billionaire company it seems as one might have thought this will not be leaving them alone quite so soon hopefully this leads to more justice for the women who suffered abuse there https://finance.yahoo.com/news...sycsrp_catchall i dont get it if i ran a company i would instantly fire these people its not okay
---
#32 Posted: 19:00:46 26/03/2022 | Topic Creator
by the way that last comments “i told you so” vibe was absolutely not directed at anyone here just the greater public in general who has those thoughts
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#33 Posted: 09:28:22 27/03/2022
Ya know with the more **** coming out completely post the buyout revelation, I'm just hoping at this point Microsoft melts down activision and only that as that it obviously a ship that's on fire now. Like there's no saving it, take the cargo/actual devs and RUN.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 09:48:11 27/03/2022 | Topic Creator
for real that would be the best solution the company needs to just go away
---
#35 Posted: 23:19:48 04/05/2022 | Topic Creator
NEW

YORK

CITY

BABY

proud to say my home state has taken up attitude (though not directly over the sexual abuse of the female employees) at Activision. They do however call out Kotick for being an all around terrible person which is cool.

"Activision Blizzard has faced a storm of lawsuits and other legal action on the heels of a suit filed by California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) alleging widespread gender-based discrimination and sexual harassment at the Call of Duty publisher, and the legal bad news for the company continues.

Activision Blizzard is now being sued by New York City on behalf of their employees’ pension fund. Said pension fund is apparently heavily invested in Activision Blizzard, and the lawsuit alleges the publisher’s poor management has hurt that company’s value. The suit also takes embattled CEO Bobby Kotick to task, saying he was unfit to negotiate the publisher’s recent sale to Microsoft and that the deal was only struck so Kotick and management could “escape liability for their egregious breaches of fiduciary duty.”

Given Kotick’s personal responsibility and liability for Activision’s broken workplace, it should have been clear to the Board that he was unfit to negotiate a sale of the Company, but it wasn’t.

According to the suit, the $69 billion Microsoft is paying for Acti-Blizz actually undervalues the company. NYC is requesting numerous documents, including material related to the Microsoft sale, as well as the reports of misconduct at the company and what Kotick knew about them personally.

Last fall reports emerged that Bobby Kotick had personally mistreated female employees (although not in a sexual manner) and covered the misdeeds of others under his watch. While Xbox boss Phil Spencer claimed to be “deeply troubled” by the accusations, negotiations to buy Acti-Blizz reportedly began almost immediately. Despite pressure, Kotick will continue to lead Acti-Blizz until the sale is completed at least, and apparently, his fate after that remains undecided.

Will this latest lawsuit be the one that finally pushes Kotick out the door? Honestly, it seems unlikely. At this point, it’s just another one for the pile."

TL:DR Bobby Kotick pulled off this Microsoft deal to save his own skin as much as possible since the truth was coming out about him and his company. surprise surprise
---
#36 Posted: 23:20:21 04/05/2022 | Topic Creator
oh ref https://wccftech.com/activisio...microsoft-sale/
---
#37 Posted: 10:52:32 05/05/2022 | Topic Creator
there was also another game company that i was told about that has also been sued for harassment of their female employees thats worth a mention but i need to figure out which one it was again
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#38 Posted: 15:07:05 05/05/2022
there was also another game company that i was told about that has also been sued for harassment of their female employees thats worth a mention but i need to figure out which one it was again

Riot?Ubisoft?Quantic Dream? take your pick
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#39 Posted: 17:57:38 05/05/2022 | Topic Creator
i believe the developer of one of those world of warcraft like games i remembered ubisoft now and im not surprised to hear any of that to be honest luckily i dont play video games much theyre all easy for me to drop
---
#40 Posted: 18:09:45 05/05/2022 | Topic Creator
you right bifrost this one was riot the league of legends dev
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me