Forum

Poll

10 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Anyone have the SSA Volcanic Vault figure?
Page 1 of 1
Anyone have the SSA Volcanic Vault figure?
Lunar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1473
#1 Posted: 00:44:09 21/12/2021 | Topic Creator
This was a promotional Battle Pack figure from Best Buy, I remember wanting it back in the day but none of the stores near me carried it when I went to look for it.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

It's always stuck out in my mind since then as one of the few things I've never been able to collect from that first set of Skylanders. Nowadays this thing goes for $70-$85 dollars, for a single Battle Arena lol.

Does anyone here remember this, or actually own one? I'm curious to see how widespread this is as imo it's probably the most obscure SSA figure. Even more than the Frito-Lay Sidekicks with the green base.
---
sad!
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6716
#2 Posted: 02:57:32 21/12/2021
Damn, I do remember this. I'm not sure if I ever had the figure (I do remember seeing it at my local BB, so I wouldn't be surprised if I snagged one), but wow, yeah, if there's an obscure Skylanders toy, it's this one. A very specific, one-time use for it makes it easy to forget about, yet I can recall this like it's common knowledge. Just goes to show how hyper-fixated I was on Skylanders, hah.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3635
#3 Posted: 04:07:58 21/12/2021
i wish this mf had a card. They probably have really nice art of it in their own vault

I don’t think it’s the most obscure tho. It gets by on seniority of being from the first game. Gold Hot Streak might be a little more obscure, the Special tag regular Hot Streak, but I’d say #1 obscure would be the easter earth trap

I still have every toy, so yes I have this one… they were $10-$15 back then. My mom might have one too
---
hey Z contact me
Lunar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1473
#4 Posted: 07:19:47 21/12/2021 | Topic Creator
no clue if this is real or not but found this via google image search

[User Posted Image]
---
sad!
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3635
#5 Posted: 11:00:47 21/12/2021
Nah that was made by someone from this site i reme,ber it being posted back in the day

I also was wrong anyway- happy birthday ben starcast is the most obscure official figure, and i can vouch that yes it is official. But it’s a chase variant and i wanted to talk about non-chases (despite having a special tag, i wouldn’t really count special hot streak as chase since it just comes from the tablet starterpack)

Not sure how obscure but i also imagine lots of people forget that the kaos trap has two versions

Finally:

Legitimate stone zook/whirlwind were sometimes printed without a special tag.

S2 Drobot has different numbers printed on the back of his gear, it’s a total mystery why but they’re actually molded in- and mine has no number at all there so it’s flat/smooth.

There are some figures who slightly but definitely changed paint pigment or process in later waves like pop thorn becoming more saturated and drill sergeant lacking paint on his base in first print
---
hey Z contact me
ThunderEgg Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#6 Posted: 02:43:43 22/12/2021
oh **** it's rare?? i have one and never realized it was anything special. also have a frito lay terrabite
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
SoulfulWolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#7 Posted: 01:10:13 26/12/2021
I think I have this thing packed away in my case of SSA figures somewhere.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me