Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Should Hasan have been Banned?
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#1 Posted: 23:02:32 16/12/2021 | Topic Creator
https://www.dexerto.com/entert...oversy-1720387/
Quote:
Twitch banned the popular streamer just after 8.17pm PST on Monday. The 30-year-old was watching clips on-stream for more than 40k viewers before ending the broadcast, which was when he was whacked with the ban.

Hasan has been embroiled in an ongoing debate surrounding the use of the word “cracker” during his Twitch streams. According to some of his fans, use of the world is a “hateful slur” that should be stopped. In response, Hasan said: “I’ve been called ‘cracker’ more times than every single one of you ****ing pasty little cracker *****es in my chat, okay?”

No official reason for the suspension has been revealed yet.

Hasan claims the ban is due to his use of the word “cracker”. He wrote: “Yes, it is exactly what you think it is. Anti-white racism for using the term ‘cracker’.”

The debate around use of the word “cracker” and whether it’s a racial slur was first sparked on December 12, when Hasan laughed off claims it was.

According to the star, there’s “no way” it’s a slur.

“Shut the **** up,” Piker said in response to someone telling him to stop using the word. “Stop crying about this ****ing term. Recognize the person who’s calling you a ****ing cracker is literally powerless. Sorry, it’s just the truth.

“They’re doing it as someone who has been historically oppressed, blowing off steam. You can see it’s infantilizing or whatever the ****, but that’s reality.”

Before his shock December ban hit, Hasan revealed that several of his long-term Twitch moderators had been indefinitely suspended for using the word “cracker” in his channel’s chat. The star hit out at Twitch for the decision, dubbing it both “insane” and unwarranted.

Thoughts?
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1765
#2 Posted: 23:46:27 16/12/2021
I don't know who that is but basing it off the quoted text, it seems he had many moderators banned for using that word. Then he continues to use that word. I don't see what the problem is. I don't like that word, I don't think it should be used, but if someone wants to use that word then have fun I guess, that's your right, just don't be surprised when you get banned for repeatedly breaking the websites rules.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 00:18:34 17/12/2021
i happen to know nothing about the word but if it used to mock someone based on the color of their skin or ethnicity that is by definition called racism my friend “a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race” -merriam webster and so yeah he should be banned
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#4 Posted: 00:23:10 17/12/2021
Hasan defended 9/11 lol
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#5 Posted: 02:41:38 17/12/2021
i have no idea how to process a (debatably) white, left-wing commentator being banned for using an anti-white racial slur. i don't know who he is, but this is who a google search tells me he is.

but yeah, it's racist, and racists gotta go.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#6 Posted: 03:16:55 17/12/2021
honest thoughts this won't matter when Hasan comes back lmao. literally every big streamer comes back like nothing happens. hell Sinatraa is doing relly really really well and he raped his girlfriend.

even if the word isn't as bad as the n word and such it's still technically a slur. But then again words like "redneck" and "crackhead" are slurs. I guess it just depends on the context. In this case Hasan used the word to describe a guys skin color to invalidate someone.

twitch pretty much encourages the use of words like this and racism towards blacks because the site doesn't have a good way of monitoring people. like hate raids are still a thing and whenever a black dude pops up there's always a couple of people emoting trihard.

Hasan also tried to bait myth into saying something he should t and that's pretty cringe dude. Hasan's whole thing is to make drama to make money and views and we are all failing for it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:14 17/12/2021 by somePerson
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#7 Posted: 04:39:46 18/12/2021
cracker doesnt trigger the darkspyro.net censor so i think its okay
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#8 Posted: 10:58:02 18/12/2021 | Topic Creator
This is the most civil conversation I've seen on this topic. Thanks for contributing guys.

Quote: somePerson
honest thoughts this won't matter when Hasan comes back lmao. literally every big streamer comes back like nothing happens. hell Sinatraa is doing relly really really well and he raped his girlfriend.

even if the word isn't as bad as the n word and such it's still technically a slur. But then again words like "redneck" and "crackhead" are slurs. I guess it just depends on the context. In this case Hasan used the word to describe a guys skin color to invalidate someone.

twitch pretty much encourages the use of words like this and racism towards blacks because the site doesn't have a good way of monitoring people. like hate raids are still a thing and whenever a black dude pops up there's always a couple of people emoting trihard.

Hasan also tried to bait myth into saying something he should t and that's pretty cringe dude. Hasan's whole thing is to make drama to make money and views and we are all failing for it.

Would you consider Hasan a grifter then?, I do think he believes in what he says even with his drama stirring. He's one of those guys thats always on 50 layers of irony, which makes his content come across as unintentionally ingenuine imo.
#9 Posted: 20:31:08 18/12/2021
Quote: skylandersfan60
This is the most civil conversation I've seen on this topic. Thanks for contributing guys.

Quote: somePerson

Would you consider Hasan a grifter then?, I do think he believes in what he says even with his drama stirring. He's one of those guys thats always on 50 layers of irony, which makes his content come across as unintentionally ingenuine imo.

yeah I think the dude thinks he's done no harm here but when you're trying to bait another streamer to say something that you can't say is when it gets really weird.

Although Hasan also got super against destiny for using the n word so as horseshoe theory goes he's in a similar spot.

Hasan's weird because his political comments and looks made him really unique compared to genericdude28 playing cod. he also has a history with the young Turks so it's obvious he knows what gets clicks and what doesn't which makes his streams look kinda fake
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me