Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > so what you think about being with a boyfriend for 15 years
Page 1 of 1
so what you think about being with a boyfriend for 15 years
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#1 Posted: 21:07:31 29/11/2021 | Topic Creator
and him still being your boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever the case maybe be is that too long should they be married already or you don t think so
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#2 Posted: 01:31:43 30/11/2021
Even 7+ years is way too long imo. I think marriage within a 5 yearish time period would be best.
#3 Posted: 19:59:28 30/11/2021 | Topic Creator
that would be a good additional question if your answer is "too long" or even "too short" i guess then what do you think is the point when marriage should already be a thing what amount of years
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#4 Posted: 21:31:11 02/12/2021
eh i don't really care. i think it depends on the situation. if neither of them want to get married, that's chill. if one wants to get married and the other doesn't, that's where i can see problems happening.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#5 Posted: 19:04:20 19/12/2021
Marriage is unnecessary and you should never let yourself feel pressured into it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#6 Posted: 20:54:36 19/12/2021
technically by law you're married by that time. marriage shouldnt be a thing you need to do.
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#7 Posted: 13:46:53 20/12/2021
The idea that there is a point where you're expected to be married is BS. If you wanna date someone for an insanely long period, go for it. If you two never wanna get married and just wanna be dating forever, go for it. I'm nearly at 8 years with my current SO and we aren't even engaged and it don't foresee us getting engaged any time in the near future. It doesn't invalidate our relationship. We don't need to be married for it to be "real" after a certain period of time. I wouldn't be against marriage if he brought it up, but if he wants to continue like this, that's 100% fine too. Assigning a new term to it doesn't make it different in my eyes. Call it dating, call it marriage. Call him my boyfriend, call him my husband. He's still him. No term change will change who he is or how we feel about each other. And its ridiculous to assign a timer to couple to get married.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:48:44 20/12/2021 by Shadow-Cipher
#8 Posted: 09:57:23 21/06/2022 | Topic Creator
gonna finally reply to this but a quick bump so i dont for get when i wake up tomorrow which is really just later on this afternoon
---
#9 Posted: 23:40:33 23/06/2022 | Topic Creator
eve though i took forever thank you guys for replying i just wanted some other viewpoints

Quote: ThunderEgg
eh i don't really care. i think it depends on the situation. if neither of them want to get married, that's chill. if one wants to get married and the other doesn't, that's where i can see problems happening.

yeah i think when theres miscommunication about that theres a problem but otherwise there shouldnt be what i get a lot is like "why arent you married yet?" "arent you guys supposed to love each other?" from third parties but im just like... maybe neither wants it for whatever reason

Quote: Muffin Man
Marriage is unnecessary and you should never let yourself feel pressured into it.

thank you!

Quote: somePerson
technically by law you're married by that time. marriage shouldnt be a thing you need to do.

theres actually a lot of laws and rules around that though isnt there? if you mean common law marriage? like you have to have lived together for a certain amount of time not just been together too

Quote: Shadow-Cipher
The idea that there is a point where you're expected to be married is BS. If you wanna date someone for an insanely long period, go for it. If you two never wanna get married and just wanna be dating forever, go for it. I'm nearly at 8 years with my current SO and we aren't even engaged and it don't foresee us getting engaged any time in the near future. It doesn't invalidate our relationship. We don't need to be married for it to be "real" after a certain period of time. I wouldn't be against marriage if he brought it up, but if he wants to continue like this, that's 100% fine too. Assigning a new term to it doesn't make it different in my eyes. Call it dating, call it marriage. Call him my boyfriend, call him my husband. He's still him. No term change will change who he is or how we feel about each other. And its ridiculous to assign a timer to couple to get married.

i loved this post so much theres really nothing i can add these are my thoughts exactly except worded much better than i could have thank you!

----

so pretty much what Shadow-Cipher said i dont think marriage is necessary or changes anything about the relationship ive never really been a big wedding girl myself i mean... when i was little yeah okay... but its never been like a need my need is more like someone who ould be that husband as a person but titles and pieces of paper mean nothing to me or the ceremony i am not against it and i could maybe see it happening one day but it would be more a formality i think
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me