Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > will the real thanksgiving please stand up
Page 1 of 1
will the real thanksgiving please stand up
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 20:40:03 23/11/2021 | Topic Creator
if you guys enjoy thanksgiving and celebrate it that s cool i don t and my family doesn t this topic is meant to be a history of thanksgiving and what it represents to the indigenous people of this land for the sake of knowledge for those who care to read it this is a continuation of my christopher columbus topic

"The Thanksgiving holiday originates from the Native American philosophy of giving without expecting anything in return. The main narrative around Thanksgiving is that it is modeled on a feast in 1621 when the Native American Wampanoag people and English colonists broke bread together." -github

okay now lets talk for real

thanksgiving to many of us is a day of mourning not celebration and happy feasts and football like most american families

"In 1620, the Mayflower ship left England with 102 passengers seeking a new home. But when pilgrims arrived in the New World, they suffered a brutal winter and exposure to new diseases. Months later, the Wampanoag Tribe helped the pilgrims survive by sharing their land, food and knowledge of the environment. One year later, in November 1621, after the pilgrims' first corn harvest was successful, they had a celebratory feast and invited members of the Wampanoag Tribe to what is now known as the first Thanksgiving." -yahoo

in the end the idea of giving without expecting anything in return held very true we got nothing but a continued genocide of our people

the europeans broke any promises they had made and specifically to do Wampanoag Tribe that helped them they were not shown any mercy along with the rest of the indigenous people

the ideal that the "settlers" and indigenous people were "friends" is not true we did help them and we did have a feast together but any and all positive relationship was broken and destroyed in the generations of murder and atrocity that were to follow. the genocide of the indigenous people was real and what we have to be thankful for is that there is any of us left at all

there are many indigenous people who do partake in thanksgiving but not in the same way that all of you might

it is a day of remembrance for our ancestors for the death and brutality that came upon our people and the thousands upon thousands of lives that were taken away to claim our land by the european colonizers. a day of mourning and of being thankful for the things that we do have but in the spirit of not forgetting what thanksgiving really represents to the indigenous people of this land and not filtering it out with the sugar-coated version of history that greatly favor the so-called "founders" of this country and the that they teach our children in schools

-serious Lindsey

i don t celebrate thanksgiving i don t trust anyone to cook a big dinner like that for me after a horror story about everyone getting sick from it when i was younger always made me afraid of thanksgiving my father would routinely every year also throw jabs at christopher columbus the european colonizers and teach me about the real history of it so i never really liked the idea my mother was the only one into GO FIGUREEEEEEE but yeah not the best day of the year for the Lindsey apartment of silly forum post post people
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1765
#2 Posted: 20:50:33 23/11/2021
Nobody I know irl actually cares about Christopher Columbus, including me. I just like having a day off work to see my family and eat turkey
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 11:07:21 29/11/2021 | Topic Creator
thank you this is good
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me