Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > activision being sued like they deserve
Page 1 of 1
activision being sued like they deserve
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#1 Posted: 00:13:00 23/07/2021 | Topic Creator
"Activision Blizzard is said to have "fostered a sexist culture" that led to sexual harassment and gender discrimination, according to a new civil lawsuit against the company."

"Female employees said that it was like working in a frat house; the dudes made inappropriate comments about women's bodies, r--- jokes, touched the women inappropriately, and kept getting drunk. Activision specifically said "That's not the workplace of today." TODAY. Note that the claims of this have been going on for two years now, so even if it's not happening anymore, they practically admitted that it did at one point. Then they pulled the usual rude stock line of "I'm sorry the employees didn't talk to us about what they thought was going on," which is, like, seriously?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/n...id=winp1taskbar

to me the thought of exactly THIS being what inside activision is like was an obvious one and i am happy they are being sued
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#2 Posted: 00:16:42 23/07/2021
[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 01:26:51 23/07/2021 | Topic Creator
i hope they announce they have been destroyed
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#4 Posted: 12:52:54 23/07/2021
I remember hearing stories some months ago about its work environment, this is just terrible

I hope they get what they deserve
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 14:17:21 23/07/2021
Reminder that both this has been going on Blizzard before the merger, AND Activision is directly encouraging this by not doing anything about it (worse, their response was nice victim blaming of "the state calling out abuse is why business are leaving california! How dare you!")

It's abuse all the way down
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:18:25 23/07/2021 by Bifrost
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3112
#6 Posted: 14:44:08 23/07/2021
That incredible value Crashiversary games bundle is awfully convenient timing, isn't it? Almost like they knew that this lawsuit was about to become public knowledge and they wanted to attempt to win fans over. Reminds me of when the Spyro Reignited disc controversy first started, and Activision suddenly released a bunch of footage and character reveals like Gulp and Moneybags, as though to try and keep fans happy.

The details of the abuse are horrifying and Activision's cocky response is shocking. If Spyro 4 does come out, I'll be purchasing a preowned copy. I hope some online/social media figures known for covering news of Activision IP's such as Call of Duty, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot speak out against Activision, but I doubt it.
---
Kickstart my Heart
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:38:17 23/07/2021 by NSane Bandicoot
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7 Posted: 23:14:06 23/07/2021
Quote: NSane Bandicoot
I hope some online/social media figures known for covering news of Activision IP's such as Call of Duty, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot speak out against Activision, but I doubt it.

The Gamer just confirmed they're no longer reporting on Activision Blizzard games until action is taken (layoffs and the like).

This is far more effective then players boycotting by not buying. A few people not giving money won't make a dent, being hidden away from the public by the press is a far bigger threat to them because that's what actually gets mass money loss. I hope the suing is successful, and they get a lot of flack for it.
---
Bruh
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#8 Posted: 03:19:22 24/07/2021
every fiber of my being knows these claims are all true, activision just oozes misogyny and predation. i hope they, as a company and as individuals, pay big time. i'm not concerned with their ips, i'm concerned for their victims.

for the sake of those who still enjoy that spyro thing and their other games, honestly, hopefully they get sold off to a company who handles them better in a (preferably failed) attempt by acti to keep themselves afloat.

personally, i just want activision to get what's coming to them. don't fall for their distractions, they're an insult to your intelligence.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#9 Posted: 03:47:16 24/07/2021
I assume this is similar with a lot of other game companies as well. mostly because the male to female ratio in the industry is quite bad.

looking back a lot of companies with the "not like the average office we have a slide" attitude kinda attracts man children. The fact that a woman killed herself during a work trip from sexual harassment is terrible
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:02 25/07/2021 by somePerson
#10 Posted: 03:41:54 25/07/2021
Quote: somePerson
I assume this is similar with a lot of other game companies as well. mostly because the male to female ratio in the industry is quite bad.

while this comment is technically true, i felt urged to add that female developers had a hand prominently in a lot of big video games, and they're very underrated and underappreciated. the video game industry would not be what it is if not for our female developers.
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#11 Posted: 14:28:01 30/07/2021
The people that witheld their scheduled hearthstone card reveals in protest were entirely in the right.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#12 Posted: 18:15:49 30/07/2021
[User Posted Image]
> : 3
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#13 Posted: 18:30:36 30/07/2021
Quote: ThunderEgg
[User Posted Image]

Lowkey might be a good time to buy their stocks when it comes back up in a few months
#14 Posted: 21:57:11 30/07/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson
[User Posted Image]

Lowkey might be a good time to buy their stocks when it comes back up in a few months

no **** that i want to see it crash anyone who buys their stocks as a result of this is a supporter of the things they have done and what their company represents which is sexual harassment and being complete and total douchebags to keep it short and simple
---
#15 Posted: 14:02:22 31/07/2021
Quote: Drednaw
but i want a new spyro game

With or without this lawsuit chances were grim(outside of a mobile game like crash), so... Yeah.
---
#16 Posted: 19:04:18 31/07/2021
hence why i'd prefer if they go bankrupt and sell their IPs
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#17 Posted: 14:21:44 02/08/2021
praying for the acti stock to crash. if they go bankrupt, spyro can be free.

maybe someone else will buy him or maybe fan games won't get dmca'ed

besides, lol, people being treated well is more worth it to me than some purple dragon made of 1's and 0's
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:10 02/08/2021 by ThunderEgg
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#18 Posted: 14:58:46 02/08/2021
All video games should end
#19 Posted: 20:12:04 02/08/2021 | Topic Creator
praying for the acti stock to crash. if they go bankrupt, spyro can be free.

maybe someone else will buy him or maybe fan games won't get dmca'ed

besides, lol, people being treated well is more worth it to me than some purple dragon made of 1's and 0's

hell yeah it would help if more people thought that way and you know.... REALIZED THAT
---
#20 Posted: 04:01:16 03/08/2021
buying acti stocks is hoping that they get out unscathed.

not wanting them to go bankrupt because you want new spyro crash or whatever is choosing polygons over people.
---
#21 Posted: 04:23:39 03/08/2021 | Topic Creator
BINGOOOOO
---
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#22 Posted: 13:22:30 06/08/2021
Hopefully gamergate doesn't get resurrected over this
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#23 Posted: 13:43:08 06/08/2021
Gamers (tm) are defending Actision and their right to buy COD over this, so probably not.
---
#24 Posted: 04:46:54 23/11/2021
Quote:
Nintendo Of America's President Doug Bowser Issues Internal Response To Activision Blizzard Reports

"They run counter to my values as well as Nintendo’s beliefs"

Both**Sony**and**Microsoft**are also reportedly re-evaluating their relationship with Activision Blizzard.

https://www.nintendolife.com/n...lizzard-reports

i hope nintendo, sony, and microsoft all refuse to do business with acti unless they shape up. like, give them a real ultimatum, no playing around.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:47:41 23/11/2021 by YesterdayFemmey
#25 Posted: 05:27:36 23/11/2021 | Topic Creator
oh hell yeah stick it to them nintendo good and sony and even microsoft please do kick them to the curb too unless they change EVERYTHIGN about how they work for real to hell with activision they re a horrible company we ve known it forever and now everyone can see openly just how bad they really are
---
#26 Posted: 20:04:11 24/11/2021 | Topic Creator
activision has created a "commitee" to "deal with """""issues""""" " when they come up and refuse to remove bobby boy they are soooooooooooooooooooo serious about everything that s happened /s if IT WASN T OBVIOUS also Girls Who Code cut ties with them if that ALSO WASN T OBVIOUS
---
#27 Posted: 03:50:42 30/11/2021 | Topic Creator
bobby just exudes trash to me idk
---
#28 Posted: 02:53:58 03/12/2021
Government Officials Pressuring Activision Blizzard Are Now Threatening The Company's Profits

State treasurers from California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oregon, Delaware, and Nevada are calling on Activision Blizzard to take more serious measures in addressing ongoing high-profile investigations and lawsuits about the company’s troubling culture.

https://kotaku-com.cdn.ampproj...-are-1848146295
---
#29 Posted: 03:48:03 03/12/2021 | Topic Creator
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah some more due retribution now watch watch now that revenue is going to be a problem they re going to fire a whole bunch of people make 2 more “committees” and suddenly be “reformed”
---
#30 Posted: 06:21:12 03/12/2021
we're just here discussing a network of sexual harassment and misconduct that's gone unaddressed and unpunished for years within the second largest american video game company and drednaw wants to know if a new game's coming out
---
#31 Posted: 08:23:30 03/12/2021 | Topic Creator
why of course danny why not after all aren t video games just so much more important than these kinds of insignificant problems /s
---
#32 Posted: 04:39:53 06/12/2021
Activision Blizzard 'will not be a part' of The Game Awards, Geoff Keighley says

Call of Duty is up for two awards, but beyond that the company's games won't be involved.

https://www.pcgamer.com/activi...-keighley-says/

EDIT: fixed link
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:04:07 06/12/2021 by YesterdayFemmey
#33 Posted: 04:42:04 06/12/2021
I understand the abusers and those who enabled and hid that behavior need to be held accountable, but I'm not sure how this will help anybody. There are a lot of innocent people who just like making games in that company I'm sure. Also the link is dead so if it goes into more detail and I missed something that's why, I can't read it
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:00:53 06/12/2021 by Strawberry15
#34 Posted: 04:54:45 06/12/2021 | Topic Creator
it helps because it shows these companies that you can t have a workplace that vile and sickening and get a pay off for it if those innocent people want to just have fun making games they should do it somewhere else because working for that company now comes with this

it s about making a statement a GOOD one that no one will tolerate that most especially when said company is refusing to make the necessary changes and hand out due punishment themselves would and should people still be pissed if they acted accordingly already well yeah but it sure would have gone a long way for them to have ACTUALLY done something about it but hey guess what activision doesn t give a **** just about the money

GOOD they should be barred from the video game awards they don t deserve to be there those games were made while all the gamer bros there were sexually harassing their female employees co workers and eventually pushing one to kill herself those games were made by people who participated in that who did nothing about that and who have still done nothing about that

so who cares if they don t get their awards boo hoo

and

ALSO GOD FORBID THAT CALL OF DUTY DOESN T SHOW UP AT AN AWARD SHOW Danny what’s the reason that call of duty still gets to be there other nuh army game bruuuuuuuh

i don t like activision
---
#35 Posted: 04:57:13 06/12/2021 | Topic Creator
i meant other then “muh army game bruuuuuuuuuh” and also i hope this keeps happening other companies calling them out being barred from game events the whole thing just keeps happening less ad placement
---
#36 Posted: 05:00:12 06/12/2021
What if you got sexually harassed while working on a game and then you didn't even get a nomination because the person who sexually harassed you also worked at that same company
#37 Posted: 05:06:36 06/12/2021
https://www.google.com/amp/s/g...-explained/amp/

It appears Activision games are still allowed to be nominated, but Activision won't be able to make an appearance or have any input on the show. I agree with this decision and think it's the best way to deal with this situation. It seems I misunderstood what Danny said above, since the link wouldn't work for me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:07:27 06/12/2021 by Strawberry15
#38 Posted: 06:26:32 06/12/2021 | Topic Creator
i m not even going to give that a reply i stand by what i said despite misunderstanding Danny they shouldn t even be allowed at al the award they need to be punished and no one wants to do it
---
#39 Posted: 06:31:09 06/12/2021
Just to be clear, I agree, Activision (the company) should not be involved, I was just stating I think the individual games should be allowed to be nominated. The only reason I made such a post in the first place was because I misunderstood so I agree with you I just think if an Activision game gets nominated that's okay because not everyone who worked on those games was an abuser.
#40 Posted: 07:59:10 06/12/2021
woah, kind of horrified by what that broken link apparently just caused...

honestly, though, what's supposed to happen if acti wins an award? are we supposed to cheer? can we, in good conscience, award the developers of those games?
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#41 Posted: 08:03:47 06/12/2021
tbh I'm still waiting for Activision|Blizzard to dissolve as a company. They lost most of their backbone from the lawsuit stories and absorbing their leftovers to call of duty so much they had to put an ad out for hirings.

It legitimately seems whatever Activision tries to improve on, they take all the steps back if they even took one forward.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#42 Posted: 08:18:55 06/12/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
woah, kind of horrified by what that broken link apparently just caused...

honestly, though, what's supposed to happen if acti wins an award? are we supposed to cheer? can we, in good conscience, award the developers of those games?

exactly what my point is i know the whole don’t throw the baby out with the bath water but activision is the one being rewarded here i think any employees with good conscience would be okay if a game they worked on didn t get an award after knowing what their very nit innocent co workers were doing we would be rewarding the trash who did the terrible things they did regardless and i think a better message and example is set by not giving any out to the company at all

Quote: Trix Master 100
tbh I'm still waiting for Activision|Blizzard to dissolve as a company. They lost most of their backbone from the lawsuit stories and absorbing their leftovers to call of duty so much they had to put an ad out for hirings.

It legitimately seems whatever Activision tries to improve on, they take all the steps back if they even took one forward.

and this so much Trix
---
#43 Posted: 08:35:24 06/12/2021
yeah, i think it would make more sense to just acknowledge those acti employees who were victimized separately in some way, if they're comfortable with that, as opposed to rewarding the game/company. those women are never going to be recognized individually for being part of the development of those awarded games. never to the extent that they would benefit more from it than the predators would by having their sins overshadowed by the shiny trophies they got at the tga.

the company really has been eating itself alive from the inside for some time now, we just need something to deal the finishing blow, and i don't see any reason this shouldn't be it.

in similar news, PlayStation Exec Fired After Allegedly Trying to Have Inappropriate Meeting With 15 Year Old
---
#44 Posted: 09:15:06 06/12/2021 | Topic Creator
yes to everything you said Danny

and oh lovely more big game developers being the worst people literally ever but hey LOOK playstation actually did something and fired them
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#45 Posted: 11:18:19 06/12/2021
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
yeah, i think it would make more sense to just acknowledge those acti employees who were victimized separately in some way, if they're comfortable with that, as opposed to rewarding the game/company. those women are never going to be recognized individually for being part of the development of those awarded games. never to the extent that they would benefit more from it than the predators would by having their sins overshadowed by the shiny trophies they got at the tga.

the company really has been eating itself alive from the inside for some time now, we just need something to deal the finishing blow, and i don't see any reason this shouldn't be it.

in similar news, PlayStation Exec Fired After Allegedly Trying to Have Inappropriate Meeting With 15 Year Old

Yeah, it was neighborhood watch/private sting operation. Which I would approve more of if it actually got people behind bars. Most of the time the evidence is so warped when handed to police that these degens get to walk. So if the conversation of the meeting is still up via back upped data and what not, they need to hand that over to police without even daring to touch it. Leave it as raw as possible and explain the sting plan.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me