Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Post stuff that's nostalgic for you, but only for you
Page 1 of 1
Post stuff that's nostalgic for you, but only for you
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#1 Posted: 20:07:47 17/07/2021 | Topic Creator
Kinda confusing title but I'll explain! We all have nostalgia for stuff, and a lot of it is stuff we all experienced collectively as children: Smencils, Silly Bands, certain cartoons or commercials that aired when we were kids, Webkinz, etc.

But what I wanna know is what is something that is nostalgic but only for you. I'll go first:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
(Not this pattern, but the chair itself and what it looked like)

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2 Posted: 20:20:44 17/07/2021
[User Posted Image]
- - -
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3112
#3 Posted: 20:29:57 17/07/2021
Here's a few...

The last little bit on the end of Nancy's theme, just the little slowed down Summer Forest track at the end. It's... SO strangly nostalgic to me and I wish there was a extended version of it. I'm sure others find this nostalgic but I don't see many comments about it online.

-------

I can't find an image of it, but as a kid I used to buy this imported Super Mario Banana flavoured chocolate coins from Japan. The taste was good, but the smell was gorgeous. I can still smell it now just thinking about it.

-------

I'm Bri'ish, but our supermarkets would sporadically sell Australian Arnotts Shapes. Unfortunately they haven't been sold here in years, and the chicken isn't importable it seems. This will always be nostalgic to me.

[User Posted Image]

-------

Had one of these as a kid.

[User Posted Image]

------

Defo not the only one who misses these, so a bit irrelevant, but I will always bring these up. BRING THEM BACK WALKERS!, I know for a fact that you do all of your market analysis and research by visiting darkspyro dot net, so i am sure you will satisfy my request.

[User Posted Image]

-----
Bit of a strange one, but my office fan. I will always associate it with my first school, because when it was hot and I'd come home from school I would sit in front of my fan and talk about my day.

[User Posted Image]

------

Unfortunately I can't find them, but there was a bunch of TLOS videos I used to watch as a kid that had proper songs played over them. There's one song that played on one of these videos that often plays in my head to this day, yet I can't remember any of the lyrics, only the rhythm. I've searched through old TLOS music videos and yet to have found it yet smilie, lol.

------

Old RedDevilDazzy, Ratchet5, CrystalFissure, Freqrexy videos. 00's/10's old.
------
That's all I can think of at the moment, there's loads more but my brain's blanking lol
---
Kickstart my Heart
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:02:59 17/07/2021 by NSane Bandicoot
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#4 Posted: 21:06:46 17/07/2021
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also the cars with the speakers mounted on their tops, repeating messages and advertising pastry and milk products, that would drive around the streets in Mexico every morning and evening
---
Twinkies and 2hus
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#5 Posted: 21:29:46 17/07/2021
The plastic wrapping is vital to the nostalgia because this game was never opened.

[User Posted Image]

As the only NOVA kid on here, I think Old Town fits here nicely, as well as the toy store there I used to love going to, Why Not?

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also the movie poster for Midsummer's Night Dream from 1999. I never saw the movie but the poster stuck with me for whatever reason, possibly more than any other one around that time.

[User Posted Image]

Lastly is a stop motion video I watched a lot as a pup! Not Without my Handbag! The pastries still look so good to eat!

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:02 17/07/2021 by HeyitsHotDog
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#6 Posted: 21:44:58 17/07/2021 | Topic Creator
I love this, this is exactly what I wanted out of this topic! It's so interesting to see the little things that have stuck with you for years and gives you that distinct nostalgic feeling even though it's not the typical nostalgic memory most people have. Also I have one more to have because Iceclaw's post recalled a nostalgic memory for me:

[User Posted Image]
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:37 17/07/2021 by TheFlyingSeal
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 00:22:53 18/07/2021
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

The four songs that shaped my childhood.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#8 Posted: 01:50:55 18/07/2021
im also sure im the only one on the site who gets nostalgic time force for the gbc
[User Posted Image]
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#9 Posted: 23:32:55 18/07/2021
[User Posted Image]
This is what I thought Russian Blues looked like for the longest time.

[User Posted Image]
Did you know there’s a Hank the Cowdog podcast? Probably not.

[User Posted Image]
I have basically no memories of this game.

[User Posted Image]
This game took forever to beat and when I did I didn’t get the true ending because I didn’t build all of the wonders v..v
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#10 Posted: 13:14:27 19/07/2021

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
_______
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#11 Posted: 20:49:27 19/07/2021
The smell of rain scones, yelling "echo" in a giant garage, a radio alarm, Megabloks Plasma Dragons (the real stuff, not the other dozen sets with the same name).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#12 Posted: 05:59:48 20/07/2021
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3112
#13 Posted: 12:09:53 20/07/2021
Quote: ThunderEgg

Wow, thank you for posting this lol. I have wanted to hear that music in full for years, so this is great. Such a nostalgic sound for me, too. What an amazing recreation. If we could get the other spyro 2 and 3 cutscenes OST's isolated/recreated too, that would be great.
---
Kickstart my Heart
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:10:13 20/07/2021 by NSane Bandicoot
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#14 Posted: 03:48:33 21/07/2021
glad you liked it! whoever made it has a good ear

i sort of thought reignited would give us better access to the cutscene osts, but unfortunately the game went with a different direction for those : c
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me