Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Problem with Bianca in Reignited
Page 1 of 1
The Problem with Bianca in Reignited
MiharuW Green Sparx Gems: 335
#1 Posted: 19:00:25 05/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Yesterday, as my contribution for Spyro Community Day, I uploaded the sequel to one of my most successful videos. Now I can post them both here!

ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 20:01:50 05/06/2021
ah! i remember watching your first video!

i also am not a big fan of her portrayal in rt. i'm not exactly sure why sanzaru took the direction they did... but then again, they had a really limited timeline, so they might not have had enough time to really understand what was going on with her.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#3 Posted: 20:31:13 05/06/2021
Bianca is a symptom of SRT 2 and 3's voice direction being awful. I've said it before on here, but it's like the VA's didn't even listen to the original's voice acting to get a sense of how to voice the characters, and as a result a lot of the characters in Reignited Spyro 2 and 3 don't even sound like themselves.

The Sorceress is a glaring example of this. In the original, she's a vicious, conniving, evil woman that you can hear in her voice how venomous her plan is. In Reignited, she's just a generic platformer evil-sounding villain.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:00:01 05/06/2021 by JCW555
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3138
#4 Posted: 20:40:17 05/06/2021
Quote: JCW555
Bianca is a symptom of SRT 2 and 3's voice direction being awful. I've said it before on here, but it's like the VA's didn't even listen to the original's voice acting to get a sense of how to voice the characters, and as a result a lot of the characters in Reignited Spyro 2 and 3 don't even sound like themselves in Reignited.

The Sorceress is a glaring example of this. In the original, she's a vicious, conniving, evil woman that you can hear in her voice how venomous her plan is. In Reignited, she's just a generic platformer evil-sounding villain.

I agree with this so much, this is one of my biggest problems with Reignited and one of the reasons why the game doesn't feel like Spyro to me personally.

I miss Gregg Berger as Hunter so much, too smilie.
---
Just me in my world of Enemies! | NSane Bandicoot? Nah
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2251
#5 Posted: 22:02:33 05/06/2021
i adore robbie daymond hunter, but i agree that the sorceress and bianca are not very well done in reignited. that seems to be more on sanzaru than anything else.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 22:16:47 05/06/2021
Quote: sans
i adore robbie daymond hunter, but i agree that the sorceress and bianca are not very well done in reignited. that seems to be more on sanzaru than anything else.

I don't even think it's a Sanzaru problem (for once). Even SRT Spyro 2's NPC's don't sound like how they did in the originals 95% of the time. Like I said, it's like the voice actors weren't supplied with the character's original voice lines' audio to get a feel for how they sounded, so they tried to go off of a description of how the characters sounded, and those descriptions were off, to put it mildly.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:25:17 05/06/2021 by JCW555
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2251
#7 Posted: 22:59:16 05/06/2021
oh yeah that's possible, if they weren't shown the original line delivery then that makes it very hard for them to know how they should sound. i don't expect them to sound one to one, it's a remake, there should be some liberties taken to update how they see fit. but there's some lines that are iconic.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#8 Posted: 19:47:07 12/06/2021
what went wrong?? bro here we go:

-she sounds like a baby fairy
-she looks like a terrified squirrel
-the hood just suddenly comes off
-the way some of her lines are delivered..one example is the lack of suspension pause in the line "Listen here, dragon....Spyro..."
-why's ur robe sleeves size XXXL

and everything else you said Miharu ily
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#9 Posted: 19:52:01 12/06/2021
Honestly, Reignited's audio direction in general is pretty terrible.

* Music's quiet as hell
* Music isn't looped properly, so intro and outros of the music are cut off (this really pisses me off). Go listen to Colossus in Reignited. Hope you like how it starts 14 seconds into the song!
* VA quality declined in SRT Spyro 2 and 3.
* The enemy/fodder death sounds are nowhere near as iconic as the originals. Sound effects too now come to think of it.

Could go on and on. Reignited is a great game, but man it disappoints in areas.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:39 12/06/2021 by JCW555
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3138
#10 Posted: 13:16:55 13/06/2021

* Music's quiet as hell
* Music isn't looped properly, so intro and outros of the music are cut off (this really pisses me off). Go listen to Colossus in Reignited. Hope you like how it starts 14 seconds into the song!
* The enemy/fodder death sounds are nowhere near as iconic as the originals. Sound effects too now come to think of it.

Yup, these are all true, and the 2nd and 3rd ones annoy me the most. R.I.P Nancy's theme slowed down summer forest ending.
---
Just me in my world of Enemies! | NSane Bandicoot? Nah
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#11 Posted: 21:55:18 13/06/2021
Quote: NSane Bandicoot

* Music's quiet as hell

Yup, these are all true, and the 2nd and 3rd ones annoy me the most. R.I.P Nancy's theme slowed down summer forest ending.

I feel like the Idol Springs soundtrack in Reignited builds up to nothing..if you know what I mean?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#12 Posted: 22:20:08 13/06/2021
Quote: Jaggedstar
Quote: NSane Bandicoot

* Music's quiet as hell

I feel like the Idol Springs soundtrack in Reignited builds up to nothing..if you know what I mean?

Idol Springs isn't my favorite piece of Spyro music (I don't hate it by any means), but the Reignited version sucks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:36 13/06/2021 by JCW555
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me