Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Please have some truth ...
Page 1 of 1
Please have some truth ...
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 01:48:44 31/05/2021 | Topic Creator
Title cause this.

https://www.futuregamereleases...details-leaked/
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 12:34:31 31/05/2021
Removing Cynder for an almost all male cast again sounds... Boneheaded, to say the least.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#3 Posted: 15:34:42 31/05/2021
Ok why does Cynder seem so hated, we need more females in the Spyro franchise not less, however it’s a leak so it may not be true. The rest of it sound great and multiple elements breaths and variety of moves is highly welcomed.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#4 Posted: 01:23:27 01/06/2021
pretending this is true, i wonder how fans will react to the inclusion of skylanders characters. i don't expect many people to take it gracefully.

also, once again, i'm not a big fan of the leak name. "wings of fury" just doesn't sound right. and i'm not sure how it would tie into the gameplay concepts presented in the article. it mentions wing and tail attacks... maybe it could be related to a battle system. it'd be interesting to see the return of dragon kata.

i like that this theoretical game will also be on the ps4. working in unreal engine once more seems like it'd be a good idea.

but i mean, i also don't entirely believe that this leak is true or accurate. at least showing us screenshots of the original tweet would have been nice
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#5 Posted: 16:58:09 01/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Hmm, yeah, it's definitely interesting, ... I'd love some new valid Spyro news outside of Crash crossovers lol.

On the matter of Cynder, it does say that she wouldn't be playable, not that she wouldn't appear at all. Perhaps she'd play a role similar to ANB and TEN, setting up further involvement in a future game.

I also wouldn't mind Skylanders appearing, depending on who exactly would come in, and how.

I'd also love a combat akin to TLOS and Shadow Legacy ... dont have many rpgs with dragons, but hopefully it wouldn't take away from regular Classic mechanics too much.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#6 Posted: 01:09:05 02/06/2021
i think a lot of the skylanders characters would fit well in an og-style game. it'd be cool to see mags or flynn again! although i'm a bit burnt out on kaos, so i'd rather save him for another game. i like your idea about the skylanders dragons!

ultimately, i'm all for including skylanders characters! it could be really easy for them to make the reignited-verse more skylanders than it is og. while that isn't a bad thing, it kind of messes with the point of making og characters relevant again. that's why i think doing a multiverse thing is probably the easiest option. you get to please fans of og, tlos, and skylanders while also maintaining a distinction between those series.

then again, slowly incorporating more and more skylanders characters into the og games could hopefully make skylanders more viable. which would also be cool.

if they don't go for a multiverse thing, i'm not really sure what other direction the next spyro game could take. especially if the devs decide to incorporate characters from all versions of spyro. if the writers can come up with a more creative idea, i'm all for it. every mascot character seems to be getting a multiverse game these days : P

tangentially: it'll be interesting to see what direction they go with the next spyro game's art style. the article doesn't mention it at all, so i don't think a lot of people have really considered it. i like reignited's style, but i expect there'll be some refinement on what was developed. especially if they decide to include characters from skylanders and tlos. then again, they have a lot of really cool models that were made for reignited, so changing the style again would put them to waste.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
yuvalyly Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#7 Posted: 10:24:43 02/06/2021
I don't think they will change the artstyle because they changed crash's artstyle to match reignited artstyle.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me