Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Toys for Bob Developer Suffers Layoffs, Will Work on Call of Duty Warzone.
Page 1 of 1
Toys for Bob Developer Suffers Layoffs, Will Work on Call of Duty Warzone.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 13:16:51 30/04/2021 | Topic Creator
It looks like this is the end of the road for anything new skylanders and spyro. We can just hope that Activision don't shut them down completely after a while.

Read more here...
https://wccftech.com/toys-for-...-going-forward/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:17:59 30/04/2021 by CountMoneyBone
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#2 Posted: 14:44:39 30/04/2021
Such a shame, especially from such a creative studio. We can only hope this is a temporary thing. From what I understand, it seems that almost every Activision owned studio is now working on Call of Duty.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#3 Posted: 16:06:25 30/04/2021
This is saddening news for hopeful Spyro fans who were hoping like me to see Spyro 4 announced at E3, also for Crash fans. Reignited, I had hope, Crash 4 was an amazing sight just by it’s existence as it mean Spyro could be back as what happen to Crash happen to Spyro. Seem we were wrong unless more news come to know what’s the further plans...just don’t let the IP rot on auto runners and gachas, this would be disheartening after 15 years of wait for a non Skylanders title outside of a remake.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#4 Posted: 18:43:16 30/04/2021
According to the rumours, development on Spyro 4 started last year. The visuals will be the same from the trilogy, and it'll include difficulty levels and rpg features like leveling up.

Maybe they are already having in mind Skylanders in the future?
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#5 Posted: 20:45:02 30/04/2021
There's been an update: [UPDATE] Activision sent us a statement according to which there were no layoffs at Toys for Bob. Through a spokesperson, the publisher also said the studio will continue supporting Crash Bandicoot 4, too.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 17:28:37 01/05/2021
Waiting for Spyro 4...https://twitter.com/Samuel1522...545468460904449
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#7 Posted: 10:27:31 02/05/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Beenox is heavily rumored to be the ones developing the next Spyro game, so I wouldn't necessarily say that this is the end of the road for Spyro's return just quite yet.
(They've apparently been working on the next Spyro for over a year now, and they also evidently took control over the Wumpa League game that TFB teased awhile back on their Twitter due to Activision's decision to downsize the latter developer)

Still deeply saddening to see Activision layoff so much of TFB's employees and creative talent, especially during a pandemic like this. Hopefully they can all find (Preferably better) employment elsewhere, and soon.

Quote: TTD
Such a shame, especially from such a creative studio. We can only hope this is a temporary thing. From what I understand, it seems that almost every Activision owned studio is now working on Call of Duty.

Even if it isn't a temporary thing, these layoffs have resulted in TFB losing almost all of their creative touch and identity. This is TFB in name only at this point, although I still wish the people working there the best.

Either way, all of this has gotten me legitimately depressed. smilie

Edit: Activision clarified that no one was laid off, and that anyone that left did so out of personal choice.
The freelance artists such as Kole were shafted, but they weren't actually properly hired either, so it's technically not the same thing even if it's still rather upsetting. No one at TFB itself was fired, however.

Better than the alternative, I guess? *shrug*

Beenox was the worst of the developers working on anything skylanders, everything these guys touched was a schweitzer cheese of bugs. so if they do spyro4 just expect the worst.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#8 Posted: 10:28:53 02/05/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: L Cynder
There's been an update: [UPDATE] Activision sent us a statement according to which there were no layoffs at Toys for Bob. Through a spokesperson, the publisher also said the studio will continue supporting Crash Bandicoot 4, too.

no layoffs = quit by themself
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 13:13:18 02/05/2021
Buggy= bad is a really shallow way to look at it. Trap Team 3DS wasn't half bad, as well as the fact Nitro-Fueled is considered one of the best Crash games, period.

However, they've been a support team several times already. For all we know, the people that worked on CTRNF left the moment the plug was pulled.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:13:54 02/05/2021 by Bifrost
#10 Posted: 17:13:55 02/05/2021
CTRNF is simply the best kart racing game in History, period.

I trust Beenox.
---
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#11 Posted: 21:09:31 02/05/2021
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: L Cynder

no layoffs = quit by themself

Oh. I guess that's worse. smilie

Good thing there's the rumor that Beenox is making Spyro 4 which is keeping my hopes up.
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#12 Posted: 12:42:44 03/05/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Buggy= bad is a really shallow way to look at it. Trap Team 3DS wasn't half bad, as well as the fact Nitro-Fueled is considered one of the best Crash games, period.

However, they've been a support team several times already. For all we know, the people that worked on CTRNF left the moment the plug was pulled.

they are a repeat offender in releasing buggy games. so calling their products buggy is not shallow. maybe they got a few good people in the team to help now and then since they was a support team and they did a good game, but the core team always was rotten. its like they was stuck on the wii and 3ds anything more challenging than those devkits and you never did know what the end product would be like.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#13 Posted: 13:09:09 03/05/2021
CountMoneyBone, I will never understand you, honestly. 99% of your posts consist of complains about everything, every single game or studio just sucks and it's not worth of it, everything is doomed. Yet you keep playing and posting on and on.

If you always behave as a hater unable to discuss, if people think your opinions are shallow maybe they have a reason.

Sorry for the sudden huge salt, but you're just tiring most of the time, and after all these years, maybe it's time for a bit of introspection...
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#14 Posted: 18:26:34 03/05/2021
i will admit, i didn't expect so many online people to care. it was kind of cool to see people come together like they did, even if the circumstances were not good. a reminder that the community of people who care about toys for bob is bigger than i imagined
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#15 Posted: 01:22:12 05/05/2021
Now I just read Activision want all it's IP to be like COD.....it's getting even worse
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me