Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Post Bad Character Designs
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#51 Posted: 01:09:41 09/03/2021
Quote: Drednaw
Quote: Skyhunter
I'd like to contribute these three monstrosities to this topic:
[User Posted Image]

im gonna chuck them off a cliff

They're just so puntable. Their obnoxious personalities don't help much, either.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#52 Posted: 05:11:12 09/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: sans
anything and everything from stinx club

o you mean styx club?

Quote: TheFlyingSeal
Quote: Trix Master 100
[snipple]

- - -

That does not look like a bad design, it's just Butch's art is ****. That's a whole different thread chief.

Oh but trust me, he belongs here. His actual character designs give me such a visceral, violent, and feral reaction.

Take a look at his Danny Phantom AU OC, Misery Vex

[AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH]

This is 100% him. This isn't a character that was pre-designed by someone else that he drew, traced, or reconceptualized. Everything about this is original Butch, and I ****ing hate it.

I STAND A CORRECTED MAN I AM SO ****ING SORRY

Quote: Skyhunter
I'd like to contribute these three monstrosities to this topic:
[User Posted Image]

OH SPEAKING OF WOLVES. YA'LL WANNA SEE WHAT THE HELL I DISCOVERED TODAY? IT'S A ****ING RABBIT HOLE CHIEF.

I was just vibing and I see an image from a film and I felt instant disgust, fear, and pure anger all in 1 package. This film I asked the name of is called "3 pigs and a baby". Now the company that does these "unstable fables" films (YES THERE IS MORE **** ME), make some of the most horrid and abominable anthro designs. Also on google images I found out that old user Bluefox posted a image of the film in a thread she made in 2019. I nearly shat myself. Apparently 3 pigs and a baby was on netflix at some point so, chiefs i am ****ting myself scared with that possibility.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#53 Posted: 15:44:42 09/03/2021
I'm mortified right now, Trix...
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#54 Posted: 16:23:43 09/03/2021
Good lord, I remember seeing an ad for that movie in a magazine a long time ago. And now it's come back to haunt me.
---
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#55 Posted: 16:33:42 09/03/2021
i got one for ya

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#56 Posted: 05:59:17 10/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: sans
i got one for ya

[User Posted Image]

I got the wikia brick of death (Wikia the worse at code design here).
[User Posted Image]

But you are right though. Both their designs are ass in Dawn of the Dragon. Especially Cynder's.
[User Posted Image]
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#57 Posted: 20:32:20 10/03/2021
why are their chests all puffed out like that
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#58 Posted: 20:50:28 10/03/2021
^boobies
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#59 Posted: 23:06:38 10/03/2021 | Topic Creator
As she said. Boobettes.

You know what's a design that completely slipped my mind til today, while staring at cereal boxes? This Techni colored "calarts" mess dubbed "Toucan Sam". #NotMySam. I know I am going to get the beat stick upon my ass for the usage of calarts, but I'm giving my ass a small pillow here to ask "what would you call this bean mouth, thin lined, barely any edges style". Should I call it the 2018 calarts? To specify era?
[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
#60 Posted: 04:53:09 11/03/2021 | Topic Creator
yeah toucalarts sam is gross

also here have these

[User Posted Image]

those are not really that bad, but I understand what ya mean.

[User Posted Image]

most babification is bad designs tbh.
---
icon from Empoh
#61 Posted: 05:24:50 11/03/2021
yeah toucalarts sam is gross

also here have these

[User Posted Image]

Oh my God, Doogal! O_O I wasn't sure if that movie was real...!!
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#62 Posted: 01:46:15 12/03/2021
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
^boobies

trans icon spyro
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#63 Posted: 04:16:39 14/03/2021
i am going to upset somebody with this post...

i am so underwhelmed by red's design for sun and moon... like, the original artwork for him wasn't great, but in fr/lg, and even in other new depictions of him, he looks pretty badass. but in sun and moon, he just looks... idk kind of plain

[User Posted Image]

i feel like they didn't even want to make knuckles a unique character in sonic boom, his inly purpose was to be big, strong, and dumb, because that's terribly original, and his design exemplifies this. i used to think it was cool that knuckles had a lot of physical strength but didn't look like a typical musclehead character. this is the opposite of that.

[User Posted Image]

every other version/incarnation/clone/whatever of xehanort looks cool. just not the one that gets to be the main antagonist. hell, i think most if not all of the original designs for kh are cool, but this guy just looks like gollum's head, with a beard, on ansem's body.

[User Posted Image]

i never really got into deadman wonderland and i think ganta's design is a big reason why... like, i know not every mc gets to be a bishonen, but i feel like the artist deliberately gave him too many unappealing features that just don't mesh together so great. that said, i feel that way about most shonen protagonists, and ganta is definitely not the worst offender, but i'm not even gonna get into those...

[User Posted Image]

i was not particularly impressed by the addition of more playable characters in littlebigplanet 3, but at least most of the designs were kind of cute. i do not feel that way about toggle. it is literally a burlap sack with a face, arms, and legs. and yeah, they're all sacks, but the others have some character to them, c'mon.

[User Posted Image]

i can't even...

[User Posted Image]

some people declare every large breasted female character as misogynistic and unrealistic. i think that's silly. while many do just exist for fanservice, i don't think that makes the design bad automatically, and people just go overboard with that in general. this, however, is different...

[User Posted Image]

wtf even is that?

and of course, there's this box of horrors. nothing sells happy meals like getting the **** scared out of you, right?

[User Posted Image]

oh, and can i just give another shout out to e.t.? i agree with every last word, trix.
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:59 14/03/2021 by DannySleepTalks
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#64 Posted: 04:38:20 14/03/2021
e.t.'s based as hell and i wont hear anything but. yall better appreciate that lovely goblin
#65 Posted: 04:51:42 14/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Lunar
e.t.'s based as hell and i wont hear anything but. yall better appreciate that lovely goblin

I'll appreciate him from a distance.

I would like to give props to Burgerking for only improving their mascot design over the decades.
[User Posted Image]

Now onto bad designs.

I am very aware I am going to kick a massive beehive especially for this obvious choice and words. Skylanders Spyro and Cynder is also pretty yikes...

For Spyro he has inbred pug issues that do not make him look good at all. It only gets better in the show. Same with Cynder except she does not have pug issues. In fact she has boob issues like what is this?
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Granted I posted splash art, but most of the models and figures don't really do them justice. Again, only the show gives them some really good looks. Every other dragon that is playable is pretty damn good in design.
---
icon from Empoh
#66 Posted: 04:57:12 15/03/2021
^i was legit trying not to post this as to avoid starting a war or something
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#67 Posted: 07:34:53 15/03/2021
[User Posted Image]

bad character design bad plot bad personality bad everything i hate you i hate you i hate you

some of xenoblade 2 is good like anything to do with torna but rex makes me want to jump off a bridge
#68 Posted: 12:53:18 15/03/2021
@ Danny, I knew you were going to post Rock Pikmin.

@ Trix, see? He still blows up the internet.

@ Vespi, LMFAO, Rex said he looks like that!!
---
#69 Posted: 01:35:20 16/03/2021 | Topic Creator
I have not played xenoblade
---
icon from Empoh
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#70 Posted: 04:32:38 16/03/2021
FIRST OFF: Mrs. Last Dragon is very beautiful you all are just mean. Just because she’s short-snouted and big-eyed doesn’t mean she’s a bad design. I drew a dragon like her in eight grade, and my friend’s mean brother said that dragons couldn’t look cute and they had to be fierce, and he was apparently so upset about the drawing that he just straight-up gave me a book on how to draw “proper” dragons. Don’t be like that brother. Accept all dragon body types. Even Skyro.

Cynder is also beautiful, you just hate to see a girlboss winning.

Meanwhile, I would like to post my own opinions on this, by showing you all the monstrosities created when you switch 2D kid MMOs to 3D.

[User Posted Image]
If this was the Webkinz released in 2005, the graphics would be alright for the time. But this is 2021, and Petz is out of style. Also, the one thing that’s always weirded me out about Webkinz is how some animals are just randomly anthro, but what the hell is up with that lady dog in the back? It’s like they photoshopped dog ears and a snout onto Daily Housewives. Also Arte Fact is weirdly skinny and looks like a boy band member dressed up in outdoorsy clothes for a photoshoot.

[User Posted Image]
I can’t decide which is worse: her egg-laying hips, or her low-quality fish clipart dress. More like Dot the Bad Design Gal

[User Posted Image]
While researching Dot I discovered that Rory actually made an appearance in CPI and they gave him an absolutely horrible wig. Also, where’s his reflective jacket? Where’s his hard hat? This violates penguin safety laws!

I actually think Animal Jam: Play Wild has a good style. The 3D nature of the game even allows for some aspects and items that wouldn’t be possible in the computer version, such as customizable block sculptures for your den, flying animals actually being up in the sky instead of just being layered on top of everything, and items such as the fireflies that take advantage of the rendering system. However, some animals just don’t gain a third dimension with grace.
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

They’re not worth it unless you want to try making a Danny DeVito cosplay.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#71 Posted: 06:09:36 16/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
FIRST OFF: Mrs. Last Dragon is very beautiful you all are just mean. Just because she’s short-snouted and big-eyed doesn’t mean she’s a bad design. I drew a dragon like her in eight grade, and my friend’s mean brother said that dragons couldn’t look cute and they had to be fierce, and he was apparently so upset about the drawing that he just straight-up gave me a book on how to draw “proper” dragons. Don’t be like that brother. Accept all dragon body types. Even Skyro.

Cynder is also beautiful, you just hate to see a girlboss winning.

Meanwhile, I would like to post my own opinions on this, by showing you all the monstrosities created when you switch 2D kid MMOs to 3D.

-snipped because yeah these are good points-

Bruh I never said a dragon cannot be cute (bruh I think Spyro is adorable as hell just not the skylanders design). Shisu is just bad design in terms of what I feel is cultural reasons. Usually I don't act like a mighty whitey going "this is race washing" but like, she's supposed to be more based on Sea-Asian culture. That is straight up Elsa's face on a dragon. Like I adore her older promo design now because it carries more of what she came from (as well as just more eye catching). They simplified a character design and I think it's a bit of a downgrade. Literally I just asked if they can change the ill fitting brows and lessen the humanish face. ALL I ASKED. I didn't ask for Elsa doing asian face my guy.
[User Posted Image]

Also Cynder. We respect her here in this house. Just wow did dawn of the dragon and skylanders (at first) do her dirty. Like we want our queens to have good **** here. Boobas and extra wonky anatomy is not girl boss. In fact let me post her her girl boss designs.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

For the record, I posting this for clarity. Because I ain't letting some mudslinging happen. Especially when I think the characters in question could be a lot better. If I was a girlboss hater and had massive beef with skylander's take on dragons, there would be a whole list. All dragons of all sorts of shapes are welcome if they are not looking like a race washer or pissing on a established character design before it.
---
icon from Empoh
#72 Posted: 12:17:15 16/03/2021
...I apologize, I forgot Cynder had different designs other than the ones you criticized. I do like the ones you don’t like, but you’re not just hating on her.

But I still don’t see the problem with Sisu. Her face may look a bit humanish, but only really in the amount that makes it easier to interpret her expression. Those brows are kind of weird, but it’s Disney’s style to give their animals eyebrows for showing expression. The beta design was definitely an upgrade though. She looks like an actual sea creature with those majestic fins.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#73 Posted: 13:15:03 16/03/2021

[User Posted Image]
If this was the Webkinz released in 2005, the graphics would be alright for the time. But this is 2021, and Petz is out of style. Also, the one thing that’s always weirded me out about Webkinz is how some animals are just randomly anthro, but what the hell is up with that lady dog in the back? It’s like they photoshopped dog ears and a snout onto Daily Housewives. Also Arte Fact is weirdly skinny and looks like a boy band member dressed up in outdoorsy clothes for a photoshoot.

Look how they massacred my boy smilie
I really hope that title design isn’t final, that’s some oversimplified logo tier stuff there...
---
#74 Posted: 23:33:25 16/03/2021 | Topic Creator
...I apologize, I forgot Cynder had different designs other than the ones you criticized. I do like the ones you don’t like, but you’re not just hating on her.

But I still don’t see the problem with Sisu. Her face may look a bit humanish, but only really in the amount that makes it easier to interpret her expression. Those brows are kind of weird, but it’s Disney’s style to give their animals eyebrows for showing expression. The beta design was definitely an upgrade though. She looks like an actual sea creature with those majestic fins.

Forgiven. I am glad you can see at least where I coming from (well somewhat) with Sisu at least. I think you can give her like a gradient blue bushy brows and I think it would've been better imo. Least compared to the drawn out ones. But yeah you can see that she is more of sea creature with those more leafy dragon (the seahorse) fins.

It's okay to have different opinions. Just don't call me an Anti Girl Boss. That's crossing it lmao.
---
icon from Empoh
#75 Posted: 00:34:20 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
I'm in the "that's not too bad" park there for SE academy.

I know that first gen pokemon are easy pickings in terms of creativity. Though I am still going to pick on it because Muk and Grimer honestly aren't much different. Alolan Muck and Grimer are better but... Not really by much. They added more colors and pointy rocks. At least Trubbish and Garbador I can tell apart easier than puddle 1 and puddle 2.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Third grimer picture for a better compare. Just in case
---
icon from Empoh
#76 Posted: 03:32:56 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
do not be mean to my garbage son

ya sure that's garbage because it looks like oil and sludge... It looks like fruity pebbles vomit here.
---
icon from Empoh
#77 Posted: 04:14:35 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
Yeah that would've been super nice
---
icon from Empoh
#78 Posted: 04:19:50 17/03/2021
they could've made it black like an oil slick what would have been nice

Yeah that would've been super nice

[User Posted Image]

?????
---
#79 Posted: 04:49:56 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
I do not like the horses at all. I like the concept of them being basically part of the "wild hunt" story for pokemon but I think it was done poorly. Maybe I'm the ass here, but we have what looks like a Ice Mudsdale and a Ghostly Rapidash. We probably could've gotten a lot more, but it's gamefreak and expecting that from them is like expecting politicians to actually address issues. It's not really gonna happen until a lot of **** is on their line.
---
icon from Empoh
#80 Posted: 06:00:25 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
tfw this is a mood at gamefreak tho
[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
#81 Posted: 08:49:59 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator
glad to see you're still the same insufferable **** you were before i left :)

now where were we, someone post more anime characters

WHOA wtf Zap? Yeah I may be a ****ing rambler and highly doubtful of some companies (bruh you been on those coasters, could you blame me?) but that's lil far.

Well my friend showed me this final fantasy character before and I asked her to please say "sike" because I doubted it was from FF... F IN THE CHAT I DID NOT THAT SIKE
[User Posted Image]
---
icon from Empoh
#82 Posted: 12:28:51 17/03/2021
Well my friend showed me this final fantasy character before and I asked her to please say "sike" because I doubted it was from FF... F IN THE CHAT I DID NOT THAT SIKE
[User Posted Image]

The artist was closed to the end of their shift and didn’t want to start a new project.

(Also, I did not intend for my anti-girlboss accusation to be serious, and I’m sorry it came off that way.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:30:39 17/03/2021 by StormDragon21
#83 Posted: 19:49:51 17/03/2021 | Topic Creator

(Also, I did not intend for my anti-girlboss accusation to be serious, and I’m sorry it came off that way.)

Ya good fam!
---
icon from Empoh
#84 Posted: 01:54:57 18/03/2021
[User Posted Image]

yeahhhh, i was trying not to post this because it is so bad that it felt too easy, but he deserves to be here for real.

it reminds me of something i read in a (totally unrelated) jrpg art book where the artist described approaching deadline and being so tired that he couldn't stop drawing. i feel like thar's what happened here too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:18 18/03/2021 by DannySleepTalks
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me