Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders/Toys To Life Games - What Happened?
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders/Toys To Life Games - What Happened?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1 Posted: 20:10:20 30/01/2021 | Topic Creator

I thought it'd be worth making a thread on this short summary on the history of Skylanders and how it failed! Matt was wayyyy more respectful than some of the videos over the years, and actually even got the picture of King Spyro that we fans discovered fairily recently, so it's a sight for sore eyes and a fun reminder that yearly games with increasing content burnout are trouble.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#2 Posted: 01:56:44 31/01/2021
Interesting video! It really was a combination of over-saturation and Activision pumping out yearly releases. At first I enjoyed that, it gave me something to look forward to every year and I really enjoyed the yearly hype cycle. Unfortunately it was when Imaginators released, I could afford to buy many figures as I had just come home from a month in Florida & Tokyo. At that point I hadn’t finished buying all of the SuperChargers figures I wanted to buy. The series really could have benefited from bi-annual releases.

I really hope Activision don’t make the same mistake when they decide to revive the series. Yearly releases wouldn’t be as bad if they cut the toy aspect. If they do bring it back, they either need to significant cut the roster size for each game or, as I said, release a game every other year.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 12:13:07 06/03/2021
Nothing lasts forever says the great Buddha .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me