Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > worst fandom you have ever had the misfortune of being a part of
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
worst fandom you have ever had the misfortune of being a part of
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#1 Posted: 20:06:28 14/01/2021 | Topic Creator
inspired by somePerson s topic about anime what is the worst fandom you have ever seen or have been a part of
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2 Posted: 21:17:31 14/01/2021
politcs

*And then everyone clapped*
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3 Posted: 22:48:39 14/01/2021
spyro the dragon
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#4 Posted: 23:28:25 14/01/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drednaw
steven universe

likely

Quote: somePerson
politcs

*And then everyone clapped*

and that jokes name...? Albert Einstein

Quote: Jaggedstar
spyro the dragon

fair enough
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#5 Posted: 23:33:08 14/01/2021
Quote:
spyro the dragon

fair enough

There's a YouTuber I used to watch who got bullied out of the Spyro fandom due to "posting too many videos" about it-- true story. smilie
He got so depressed that he left the fandom entirely and did nothing but open up Pokémon cards for awhile, changing his name 5x.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#6 Posted: 23:40:30 14/01/2021 | Topic Creator
the spyro fandom undeniably sucks some of the most evil people that i personally know of came out the spyro fandom
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#7 Posted: 01:08:31 15/01/2021
not sure if this counts since i never actually i joined the actual fanbase, but one time i went to the loud house subreddit, saw it was super toxic, and just left

i like the show but i’m not touching that
---
Soon.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#8 Posted: 01:44:57 15/01/2021
Quote: redwes
Quote:
spyro the dragon

fair enough

There's a YouTuber I used to watch who got bullied out of the Spyro fandom due to "posting too many videos" about it-- true story. smilie
He got so depressed that he left the fandom entirely and did nothing but open up Pokémon cards for awhile, changing his name 5x.

...Was that youtuber, per chance, LocoGuy? If I remember right he left the forum for the same reason? Poor guy though, that tugs my heart :'( I was joking about the Spyro fandom being the worst btwsmilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#9 Posted: 02:47:41 15/01/2021
as much as i enjoyed daganronpa 3, the daganronpa fandom terrifies me
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#10 Posted: 09:56:58 15/01/2021
Quote:
fair enough

...Was that youtuber, per chance, LocoGuy? If I remember right he left the forum for the same reason? Poor guy though, that tugs my heart :'( I was joking about the Spyro fandom being the worst btwsmilie

No-- different guy unfortunately. He obsessed over Spyro Reignited and posted videos constantly about it (rumors, screenshots, etc) up until it's release. And then he never touched the games ever again... At least not in public anyway. And I'm sorry to bring you down. smilie

On a lighter note, the Spyro community is crazy about which games are/aren't Spyro games. And that fact is well.. crazy. Lol
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:58:11 15/01/2021 by redwes
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#11 Posted: 13:45:59 15/01/2021
I don't consider myself part of the fandom but Spyro is my choice.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#12 Posted: 14:25:18 15/01/2021
Spyro + late Skylanders fandom. For the former it's just deceptively toxic and very much got nothing but encouragement because of how hands-off Acti is, and in the end of Skylanders I shouldn't have been so invested when everyone was fighting and acting like being delusional over leaks was the only true loyalty.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#13 Posted: 03:15:53 16/01/2021 | Topic Creator
I use to hear a lot of **** about the sonic fandom being terrible sonic the hedgehog is one of my favorite franchises but I never really experienced the fandom itself don t know if anyone can here can vouch for the credibility or not of that

spyro has got to be up there yeah

but realistically though not a single fandom necessarily but it is hard to top a lot of anime fandoms to be honest
---
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#14 Posted: 03:33:01 16/01/2021
theme park twitter can just break your spirits sometimes
#15 Posted: 19:01:11 16/01/2021
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
I use to hear a lot of **** about the sonic fandom being terrible sonic the hedgehog is one of my favorite franchises but I never really experienced the fandom itself don t know if anyone can here can vouch for the credibility or not of that

i haven't really done much in the sonic fandom, but my understanding is that it's big enough that there are a lot of good and bad pockets
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#16 Posted: 22:15:23 16/01/2021
smash
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#17 Posted: 22:31:33 16/01/2021
I really can't think of any bad ones I've actively been part of. The MCU fandom can get heated sometimes, but most of the time it's fine.

I think the best fandom hands down is Elder Scrolls though
#18 Posted: 23:21:22 16/01/2021
pokemon fandom is hell

if you have an opinion on swsh you will die
---
Soon.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#19 Posted: 06:40:01 17/01/2021
Quote: emeraldzoroark
pokemon fandom is hell

if you have an opinion on swsh you will die

I have a whole ass tangent that circulates my mind rent free on swsh and GF.

I think the positive I can get is the design of the pokemon is a massive up from last gen. Also the pokemon card collecting upped it's interesting rarity game and art. Too bad scalpers exist. I just want the V/Max dragapults guys.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#20 Posted: 13:30:11 17/01/2021
Pokémon designs and cards are honestly fluffy cloud club compared to the rest of the fandom discourse.

There's arguing sure but it doesn't compare to "you like chimecho, what a loser, why do you think GF would appeal to you alone by putting it back in the game, if you ever played a Pokémon spinoff you already accepted this reality" vs. "anyone that plays Swish and gets 1% enjoyment from it is a monster that wants to see Pokémon turn into gacha trash, time to make false evidence on devs because I only think in criminal cancelling"

Most of this is vague memory of gross takes I came across but the Chimecho thing isn't only real but very recent, the person had a bunch of James fans knocking at their door
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:31:19 17/01/2021 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#21 Posted: 00:20:56 18/01/2021

No not really. People think Sonic fandom sucks because of the fanart and fanfic but does that really matter? The problem is the complete lack of consensus on anything but that's more SEGA's fault for not being able to get their **** together a lot of times. I'd argue the fan-produced content the series pumps out is quite impressive. Can't think of many IPs that not only managed to get one of their main entries so intrinsically shaped by fans (Mania), but also have that be one of the most well received entries in a while. Not to mention the entire movie shtick.
---
Bruh
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#22 Posted: 00:24:55 18/01/2021
Quote: Crash10

No not really. People think Sonic fandom sucks because of the fanart and fanfic but does that really matter? The problem is the complete lack of consensus on anything but that's more SEGA's fault for not being able to get their **** together a lot of times. I'd argue the fan-produced content the series pumps out is quite impressive. Can't think of many IPs that not only managed to get one of their main entries so intrinsically shaped by fans (Mania), but also have that be one of the most well received entries in a while. Not to mention the entire movie shtick.

It honestly just depends where you look. The SEGA forums were pretty awful but other places can be very chill
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#23 Posted: 12:42:54 18/01/2021
The Sonic fandom is also huge, so just by sheer size you're going to see more of the toxic behavior (kinda like furries in general, really). I find it way worse when it's something hidden in a medium fandom, kinda like Spyro and a few other things, where it's still possible to police how other fans act but a lot of communities just... Don't.
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#24 Posted: 19:14:52 18/01/2021
danganronpa
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#25 Posted: 22:05:51 18/01/2021
Quote: KrystalLBX
danganronpa

im gonna be the old grandma of dS for a hot seccy but the DR fandom wasnt bad before it got official translations lmao
or maybe its just bc i was stuck in the really weird corner of tumblr roleplaying naegi poorly
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:26 18/01/2021 by Vespi
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#26 Posted: 01:41:55 19/01/2021
danganronpa hands down that **** was unreal
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#27 Posted: 08:10:29 22/01/2021
Quote: Lunar

can you elaborate on this? i'm genuinely curious
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#28 Posted: 14:20:35 22/01/2021
Mystic Messenger. Nobody was happy, complaining up the wazoo, and I got banned from a discord server due to participation in an argument regarding if humans deserve to go extinct. (It devolved into death threats, unsurprisingly)

Three Houses is a close second, if only because I can’t escape it. WILL THE EDELGARD STANS PLEASE GET OFF MY FRONT LAWN

Quote:
fair enough

LocoGuy left the forum because he was banned for distributing roms through DMs.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#29 Posted: 15:18:35 22/01/2021
Quote:
Three Houses is a close second, if only because I can’t escape it. WILL THE EDELGARD STANS PLEASE GET OFF MY FRONT LAWN

You see, Edelgard is actually a really good/terrible person and you should feel bad if your opinion doesn't 100% align with mine. In this 137 page essay I will
---
Soon.
#30 Posted: 17:48:29 22/01/2021
Quote:

JUST YESTERDAY I was reading a writeup on r/hobbydrama about Edelgard drama. I'd like to bring up part of the message from a mod that quit an FE3H community over it -

Quote:
I’m stepping down in large part because if I have to attempt to moderate one more idiotic slapfight over whether or not Edelgard von Hresvelg is a bad person or a bad character, while being berated by both sides just for attempting to curb toxicity, I will go insane. Everyone involved in an Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight believes themselves to be the victim. No one involved in an Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight is a victim. If you are reading this and thinking “I know who he’s talking about! I argue with those Edelgard stans/anti-Edelgard haters all the time!”, I have some bad news for you. If you find yourself participating in at least one Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight per week, I have some bad news for you. Ask your doctor about Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfights.

GO OUTSIDE.

they were exaggerating for the joke but they still quit over it being so taxing for moderation
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:09 22/01/2021 by Bifrost
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#31 Posted: 01:35:56 23/01/2021
Quote: semp123
Quote: Lunar

can you elaborate on this? i'm genuinely curious

mostly elitism and general toxicity around a topic that is supposed to be lighthearted and fun.

following theme parks closely involves you hearing about a lot of rumors and backdoor talk of attractions or entertainment options being considered or scrapped or secretly built in a warehouse in central florida wayyy before they are ever announced. as such there is a lot of weight put into certain sources or how credible some speculation or rumors are. i usually follow this stuff on forums like insideuniversal and they are usually pretty great in handling this kind of stuff. it feels like a community just trying to discuss the future of theme parks as a hobby and even when stuff falls through its all taken in stride and good fun. twitter is not meant for discussion, its meant for reactions. and when a rumor hits the forums its usually a good while before it gets to twitter. this means that when its bad news, twitter has a way shorter time to accept that news before its announced. this leads to a whole lot of vitriol and bad vibes, on top of the aloof elitism people tend to go through when they baselessly dislike a source or rumor. and thats just the speculation side of it, there are also theme park news blogs that break direct instructions given by Disney or Universal like reveal embargos and recording live shows for youtube before they launch that give the whole community a bad name. there are people who take "theme park wars" way too seriously and white knight for dis/uni way too hard. drama twitter who post exclusively pictures of them with mickey or elsa at magic kingdom with captions like "for the first time in forever! ✨" that are later revealed to be terrible narcissists or abusers. its a bad time, and most of it congregates on twitter. insideuniversal is nice tho!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:31 23/01/2021 by Lunar
#32 Posted: 03:54:29 24/01/2021
the usa fandom
---
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#33 Posted: 16:11:55 25/01/2021
For me it's more process of elimination.
The MLP fandom, as really, it's been the only fandom I've been a part of.
So I'm being cheeky when I say it's both the best and worst fandom i've been in.

Furthermore, I've moved past it and no longer consider myself a part of it.
---
No.
#34 Posted: 21:21:45 25/01/2021 | Topic Creator
to all of the sonic comments and opinions here if that s the case nice to know i kind of always assumed it was an exaggeration especially when compared to spyro
---
#35 Posted: 06:23:52 27/01/2021 | Topic Creator
oh if reddit counts as a fandom which it very well should then reddit
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#36 Posted: 01:58:17 28/01/2021
Stan twt and fire emblem. Don't really engage with fire emblem fandom nowadays, but I am and shall forever be stuck on stan twt.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Gharlant_ftd Ripto Gems: 611
#37 Posted: 04:30:31 28/01/2021
Competitive Melee. Those were dark times
#38 Posted: 01:36:18 30/01/2021 | Topic Creator
in anime fighting anime fanbases don't get much worse to be honest
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#39 Posted: 03:04:47 30/01/2021
idk what you're talking about anime larpers are a gift
#40 Posted: 03:47:11 30/01/2021 | Topic Creator
are we talking about 2 different things here
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#41 Posted: 05:35:01 30/01/2021
you right
my dumbass skipped the 2nd anime so i thought you said "anime fighting fanbase"
#42 Posted: 06:01:27 30/01/2021 | Topic Creator
no problem that's what happens when i use no grammar at all to construct my sentences whoops
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me