Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Figure working/Not working
SadVlad Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1 Posted: 21:03:56 19/12/2020 | Topic Creator
My Blastzone swapforce skylander will occasionally not register when I place him on the portal. It's not a big issue right now because all I'll have to do is remove him and place him back on.
My concern is whether or not this is a common issue with swapfoce characters on general or if this is going to be a worsening problem.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#2 Posted: 03:17:24 20/12/2020
there's some discussion in another thread (not sure which) about this. apparently the rfid chips in all of the figures are due to age out and die over time. this may be the issue.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#3 Posted: 03:55:50 20/12/2020 | Topic Creator
I haven't had an issue yet with any of my other figs and most of them are series one and two. It's only been the one swap character, swash buckler specifically, and it's only a rare occurrence. But when it doesn't read I just place him back on and it's all good so I was wondering if the swapable characters might have be more finicky than others. I also keep them in a see dry area with no humidity.
I don't think I even have 1000 scans on any of them yet. I know the rfd chips can last for around 10,000 and up to decades of taken care of properly.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 04:27:21 20/12/2020 | Topic Creator
I think I may have solved my own issue. I know the swap force characters take longer to load compared to the other figs, and I just had the same issue with Blastzone, and I believe that my issue was due from switching out almost instantaneously and too fast for the swap character to register.
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#5 Posted: 17:18:56 20/12/2020
glad you figured it out!

makes me wonder how common problems with the chips in skylanders are. i remember back in the day, i bought a figure that didn't work at all 0___0
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#6 Posted: 22:45:58 20/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg
glad you figured it out!

makes me wonder how common problems with the chips in skylanders are. i remember back in the day, i bought a figure that didn't work at all 0___0

The passive rfid tags are basically stickers. They don't even have a battery source. All information that is pulled, and stored on them is transferred through the portal, so technically they should last a life time.
As for not working at all they probably didn't have the rfid tag ever installed, or the tag was just defective from the manufacturer.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me