Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Back at it again!
SadVlad Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1 Posted: 04:47:35 01/12/2020 | Topic Creator
So, it's been years since I've been back here, and the reason for that was because some unfortunate events took place and I lost my entire collection. I was devastated at the time so I completely gave up on skylanders. But a couple months ago I found a Gnarly Tree Rex(who I always wanted most of all for my collection back before the disaster happened) at my local goodwill so I decided to pick him up. About a month later I found Giants for 99 cents, and three days ago, a portal.
So I am back at it again, with only a Gnarly and excited to give it another go. Collecting also seems to be alot cheaper now than it was nearly a decade ago.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:24:22 01/12/2020 by SadVlad
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#2 Posted: 02:31:59 03/12/2020
Welcome back. I also revisited while I had covid lockdown time. IMO, Giants was the best. Replaying Swap Force chapters was a disappointment. They were too campy.

If you want to try collecting, facebook marketplace is good, or an eBay seller called timsfunstufftocollect.
---
Any last wishes?
#3 Posted: 03:01:35 03/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Feels like I've been away from home. I just ordered 12 off eBay today
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 03:12:25 03/12/2020 | Topic Creator
I can't figure out how to post images but videogamenostalgia was the seller I used and they were pretty good. Free shipping, buy 3 get 1.
---
#5 Posted: 08:10:05 17/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Got the four adventure packs from Spyro's Adventure, and eight other figs for 13 bucks. Just came in the mail. And ordered 25 more for 24. Not too bad starting back out.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 09:29:35 17/12/2020
welcome back, sad to hear you lost your collection, but its good your back and have not given up on skylanders. hopefully you can get your collection back, most of them skylanders you can find cheap so you should get most of your stuff back easily.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#7 Posted: 09:56:12 17/12/2020 | Topic Creator
After my next order I will have more figures than I did before. It's alot cheaper than it was before, although some of the chase variants are insane, like the crystal or flocked variants going for 500 to a grand. But right now I'm just looking to build up a decent collection before I start diving into the more costly ones. I've also taken this opportunity to start playing the games I never got into after Giants when I fell out of the scene.
The collecting and getting back into the games has been a great way to deal with this pandemic going on and pass the time without going crazy considering where I live alot of people are still quarantined and without work.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:58:15 17/12/2020 by SadVlad
#8 Posted: 02:55:06 20/12/2020 | Topic Creator
I just put in another 18 dollar order for 16 more figs. I'm really liking the ebay seller I'm using. They have the best prices from what I have seen so far
---
#9 Posted: 01:22:41 24/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Just picked up a dark spyro at goodwill today along with a series one ignitor that have both never been used
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#10 Posted: 01:03:13 26/12/2020
nice finds!!

i remember dark spyro and ignitor were quite hard to find back in the day. at least, that's what my experience was. something about them being bundled with the 3ds version of ssa
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#11 Posted: 09:16:20 26/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThunderEgg
nice finds!!

i remember dark spyro and ignitor were quite hard to find back in the day. at least, that's what my experience was. something about them being bundled with the 3ds version of ssa

Yea that's what they came in. They were only 1.99 a piece at my store. They get figs in quite often for cheap
---
#12 Posted: 08:38:23 30/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Just got another 20+ $25 order in. I must say, my new collection since starting fresh is growing pretty quickly and I'm only about 50 bucks in the hole so far.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me