Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro going forward.
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 474
#1 Posted: 21:39:56 24/08/2020 | Topic Creator
How do you think they will tackle the series in the future. Generally, I look at the Crash revival, and Spyro revival all as one thing, so I think we can get a good idea of what could be next, by looking at this post 2017 period so far.

Crash N. Sane Trilogy (2017)
This game singlehandedly ressurected the 3D platformer, and while im honestly not crazy about it, you have to respect it for that. I'm pretty sure this game sold more than Super Mario Odyssey which is just insane. That being said I think the games art style, looking back at it, past all the excitement, is pretty nasty, the realistic texturing with the cartoony models just doesn't work well, and the lighting looks anywhere from decent to GLOW IN THE DARK CRASH BANDICOOT.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy (2018)
This game sold the least copies out of any of the "revival series" games, and probably made the smallest splash too. Even just to think for myself, I know like 5 people IRL who own Crash, but I only know 1 who has Spyro, and thats because I reccomended it to him lmao. Besides the sales I think this game is fantastic, its probably my favourite game. I think it does everything it sets out to do so well, and the new visual style is gorgeous, the music is beautiful, and it runs pretty well too, if not a wee bit glitchy.

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled (2019)
This game sold better than Spyro, though less than N.Sane, which I think everyone expected. I loved this game. I got it maybe a week or so after release, I really didn't care about it, but I put like 90 or 100 hours into it, it was class lol. I do absolutely DESPISE those ****ing microtransactions though. Seriously, they can **** away off with that carry on.

I think that pretty much everyone expected, rumors aside, for there to be a new Spyro game this year, but it does make sense having Crash 4. I'm assuming it wasn't easy for the holy trinity of step-parents to go from copying someone elses homework, to having to make a masterpiece themselves, so pushing into this unexplored territory with a big, triple A Crash game that'll sell millions, makes sense. I think that seeing as Crash is such a huge part of Activision now (seriously, there was art for an investors call or something that had all the big Activision names, like Call Of Duty, Candy Crush, Spyro, World Of Warcraft and all, SURROUNDING a giant Crash Bandicoot.) ,he'll probably continue to keep getting large triple A games, and I think that Spyro will be like a smaller thing, inbetween Crash games.

Only time will tell. Maybe we'll get a dating sim. THE SKYS THE LIMIT MY FRIENDS
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2 Posted: 22:08:35 24/08/2020
I'm gonna be honest, I'll be a little bit annoyed if Spyro doesn't get his own game in the next couple of years, and apart of that is bias since I am a fan, but I don't want to see the franchise dissolve to "smaller" games.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 11:01:31 25/08/2020 | Topic Creator
I don't think that PVP game is real, we already had CTR, it's too soon. I'm pretty sure the lad that leaked that keeps getting Crash stuff wrong too. But yeah when I say smaller I mean that Crash 4 is this big £50 with five million gajillion levels and loads of marketing and press, but I could see a hypothetical Spyro 4 being a bit more reserved, maybe like £30, about the length of maybe 3, a bit longer, and just kinda quietly release. Though a AAA one would be class lol. I think Crash 4 is gonnae be the first time in like 2 years I've spent £50 on a game lmfao
---
#4 Posted: 15:17:17 25/08/2020
I think I'll be the minority that doesn't buy Crash 4, since I don't play the games; don't get me wrong, they are good games, but they're just not my cup of tea, I've tried to get into the originals countless times, and I've had a go at N Sane a few times, and I just can't get into it.

As a kid, I was more into my action, adventure games, like Tomb Raider, and obviously Spyro.
---
#5 Posted: 15:49:46 25/08/2020 | Topic Creator
That's fair enough, don't buy it if you don't want it. I was probably the opposite, I loved Crash but never really got into Spyro very much until the Reignited Trilogy.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#6 Posted: 15:13:17 26/08/2020
What I’m worried about Spyro is that the upcoming games will be shallow redoing of the old games so platformer with excuse plot, I know what you will think of that, that it’s just me valuing story due to the Legend trilogy but I think what make Spyro great is the very fact you play a dragon not just the fact it’s cute. I know that vision is unpopular for classic fans and they are fine with that but the idea of an entire side of the fanbase getting erased from history and not mattering at all in the evolution feel sad. I’ll rather it be like the most story centric PS2 era of platformers...but maybe I’m now too old for it and no matter what I say, I will seem out of touch.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#7 Posted: 16:50:46 26/08/2020
I've said this before, but make it a mix of Spyro 1 and 2. Focus more on the platforming side of Spyro rather than the minigame-ness that Spyro became from YOTD onward (you could even argue RR onward). Also, don't make Spyro open world. There's too many open world games now, and Spyro being one wouldn't be unique anymore.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#8 Posted: 00:31:33 27/08/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Honestly, I want the next Spyro game to do essentially everything that It's About Time is doing;

#1: Take a ton of elements from the first game, while mixing in elements from the second and third games in the original trilogy.

#2: Add a bunch of new mechanics that complement the gameplay more organically than YOTD's gimmicks did.

#3: If they're going to have other playable characters, approach the concept more like how It's About Time is by making the characters more unique from both Spyro and each other while still fitting the game's overall gameplay style.
(YOTD's other playable characters often felt too similar to Spyro and thus also one another, imo)

#4: Place a larger emphasis on story without trying to be overly dull and gritty like TLOS did.
(Having scrolls that hold additional information and world building like how Skylanders did would be an excellent inclusion as well, and would prevent too much exposition dumping being shoved down the player's throat)

Quote: JCW555
I've said this before, but make it a mix of Spyro 1 and 2. Focus more on the platforming side of Spyro rather than the minigame-ness that Spyro became from YOTD onward (you could even argue RR onward). Also, don't make Spyro open world. There's too many open world games now, and Spyro being one wouldn't be unique anymore.

Basically this too, tbch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You said every single thing I would have, so I'll just say I agree, this take is it 100%
---
NoUb
#9 Posted: 15:22:57 27/08/2020
If you think about it, Enter the Dragonfly was trying to do what It's About Time is doing now, it's just that time restraints, and a poor development cycle turned it into a bad game.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me