Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Storm’s Weird Game Facts
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#1 Posted: 18:33:39 13/06/2020 | Topic Creator
  • In official Pokémon TCG tournaments, rock-paper-scissors isn’t played normally; opponents are required to write down their choices secretly and present them at the same time.
  • Magic: The Gathering has an enchantment card called “Opalescence”, which turns all other enchantments into creatures. There is also an enchantment card called “Humility”, which makes all creatures lose their abilities. Logic bombs ensue, especially if you add a second copy of Opalescence to the mix.
  • In Yu-Gi-Oh, there is a card called “Yu-Jo Friendship” that allows you to offer an opponent a handshake, with different results if they accept or deny it. There is also a card that, if it is in your hand as you play Friendship, requires your opponent to accept the handshake. Tournament ruling is that you only have to accept the idea of a handshake, not physically touch your opponent’s hand, to prevent people from doing disgusting things do their hand and then forcing their opponent to shake it.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#2 Posted: 16:36:28 16/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Weird video game merchandise time!

[User Posted Image]
Maybe this isn’t so much merchandise, but I thought it weird enough to add.

[User Posted Image]
Rings based off of Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth, in case you want to propose to a yaoi fan.

[User Posted Image]
Apparently the T-virus makes you smell good in addition to turning you into a zombie. I personally wouldn’t take my chances.

[User Posted Image]
Go home Capcom, you’re drunk.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#3 Posted: 23:28:38 17/06/2020 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

This adorable otter won the ban% speedrun category in Magic: The Gathering, and perhaps in trading card games as a whole. It was banned from the Commander format just five minutes after it was first revealed. This is due to the fact that its Companion requirement, having every card in your deck beside land cards have a different name, is also the Commander format requirement, so it would be auto-included in any red/blue Commander deck.

[User Posted Image]

Another companion card is the only card to be banned from Vintage for power reasons. Vintage is a format in MTG which is built around allowing older, overpowered cards to be played. While there are cards that have been banned from Vintage before, they are generally either joke cards, cards referring to “ante” (basically gambling), Chaos Orb and Falling Star, which require you to throw the card onto the playing field, and Shahrazad, which creates a “sub-game”. Meanwhile, Lurrus is just a scary kitty that can be cast from outside the game, and managed to get banned from a format dedicated to banned cards. (However, it’s not banned in most other formats, so this isn’t so much an overpowered card as a card with unintended reactions to the type of cards played in Vintage.)
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#4 Posted: 01:04:06 18/06/2020
heres a fun power rangers fact i learned the other day

when Disney owned power rangers they would feature them on their own float? car? vehicle? for Disney Hollywood in florida

after they hopped off their car they would do poses and autographs for the guests featuring characters from rpm, mystic force, dino thunder, timeforce, etc

however wearing a helmet would be quite frustrating in the hot Florida weather so they had to design ventilation holes that allowed the team members to breathe.

original
[User Posted Image]

Disney hollywood
[User Posted Image]

a few years later Saban brands would gain back ownership to power rangers and disney would no longer feature these costumes at parks ever again. where did these helmets go exactly? they went directly to new Zealand where power rangers has been filmed for the past 2 decades. (another fun fact new Zealand ironically banned the airing of power rangers)

these helmets would later on be used and converted into high resolution models that were featured in the opening of super Megaforce.

whats weird is that Saban featured the Disney helmets in the intro of their show and some marketing pictures. who knows why when they most likely have the original helmets in a vault somewhere.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#5 Posted: 01:43:10 26/06/2020 | Topic Creator
There was a Wikipedia edit war on if Spyro should be considered as part of the Crash universe.

There was also an edit war on the exact nature of Alessa’s stay in the hospital in Silent Hill, Heather’s last name (also from Silent Hill), if Advance Wars is turn-based strategy or turn-based tactics, if “So I heard you liek Mudkipz” is notable enough for Wikipedia, Spore’s genre, if Tifa Lockhart has “ample breasts”, what design of Sonic the Hedgehog should be used as the header image of his page, and what background color should the list of Virtual Boy games have.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 13:25:58 26/06/2020
Edit wars on wikipedia are hilarious especially since there's no point in cleaning up talk pages. I've gone on a few to see if people had better sources for certain mythologies and I've counted 3 people saying they're going to sue wikipedia for disrespecting their culture (read: they said X aspect of the religion was controversial).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me