Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 19 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 27 28
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private] [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#901 Posted: 21:45:41 06/02/2021
There was the question Lyon was fearing. Even though he didn’t know the exact location, he has seen a few things that could probably provide clues. The archipelago was better known and more easy to navigate now that the Ishulgites and their storms were gone.
“If the satyr girl came in peace, she would’ve just told you, especially if it meant that you would’ve released her. I don’t think her amnesia is fake.” Lyon expressed... although he did wonder after a while if she was indeed making it up in order to avoid giving information about her precious home.
“The island, I don’t know the exact location. They were careful not to let those they rescue know where they are. I know... it’s somewhere in the archipelago where the Ishulgites operated, but that’s all I know. They remained hidden for centuries for a reason your highness, so I wouldn’t recommend going there. You’ll just make them leave. They have been on an island for a while, but they have been on the constant move, leaving the places they live in if they feel threatened. If they see one of your mighty ships, you’ll scare them away for sure.” Lyon warned, knowing it would be a terrible shame if they disappeared off the face of the planet again to hide once more, or worst, if Seraos starts capturing or killing them for their valuable resources and land. He knew from Sergeant Farlo himself that the Old Myth has moved from place to place in the past in order to avoid humans at all costs.

Angora groaned, Veris not being cooperative.
“Ugh! Why are you making this so difficult!? Veris please, try to see things my way this time! The way things are right now! I have been taking care of you for five years, six if you count the Enduring Legacy! You think I would’ve lasted that long if I didn’t care about you? The other caretakers give me unpleasant looks, most Guardians treat me like I don’t exist, and worst of all, I have to be cautious every time I go through these corridors or I’ll end up in a stomach! Do you have any idea how hard that is? Hated or treated as a snack? It’s horrible to be a troll... but I have a chance to change all that. Please, let me try this! Try something different this time! You still have me for a while! And I will still visit you even if I don’t work here anymore. Let’s just enjoy these moments. Please Veris. You know me. I want you to be happy. Just please... get... up...” Angora pleaded, getting below Veris’ chin as she said the last words, lifting it so he could get his head up. Veris was smaller than Shade, but ironically, his head seemed to be heavier. It was more spiky too, so it hurt a little.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#902 Posted: 22:47:11 06/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Seraos was less than pleased with Lyon's answer and did not find it believable. "Come now, Lyon... you mean to tell me that these people trusted you enough to get your help to arrange this meeting, and the siren boy trusted you enough to come to you in foreign territory, but they didn't trust you with anything that would allow you to find them again?"
Seraos took a deep breath and let out a sigh. "You know that how well things turn out depends on how satisfied I am. It would be nice to clear your daughter's name, would it not be? With her getting mixed up in your rather serious crimes... that would be unthinkable. How fortunate for you, though - I am a man in a position to do the unthinkable. There is just one thing I need - the truth. I will get my truth, one way or another... your cooperation determines how well things work out for you when I do." Seraos was not completely sure whether Lyon was being upfront with him about his knowledge - but at this point, it didn't matter. If he and his daughter were truly useless in any further capacity, then he had no reason to care about what fate their treachery brought upon them.

Veris reluctantly complied with Angora's entreaty, lifting his head and picking up his body. The least he would do was do what he was told. Still, for everything he thought there was, he couldn't help but feel as if a hole was being ripped in him. Why... why did he dare to believe things were going to be different? Maybe they could have been different... but something ruined it. It was all the same in the end...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#903 Posted: 23:48:10 06/02/2021
Lyon almost wanted to scream, but he had enough control to resist.
“My promise broke by itself. Right now, my daughter is first. I am telling you everything I know sire. I can tell you that I’m not the first person they’ve rescued. They have been doing it for a long time. They want to help people, show them that they are peaceful in hopes that they can stop the hiding, but even though they gave me a tour, they never gave me the coordinates of their island, nor to anyone they’ve rescued. They don’t want to take that risk. How do you think they have remained hidden for so long?” Lyon explained, remembering seeing maps at one point, but not even Sergeant Farlo let him see them closely. As much as he considered him a friend, there were things they rather keep hidden, even from friends, especially if they were outsiders. Nevertheless, that was not the main issue right now.
“I was only there for a while, and Sergeant Farlo arrived to Galadar just twice using the islet near the Redwater port. Once to see the continent from a distance and another one a few days ago, to meet you. Why do you even want to go to their island anyway your majesty? They have been there for so long, without bothering anybody. If you go there with a big ship, they’ll panic, and it’ll probably be centuries more before we see them again.” Lyon warned vehemently once more, not wanting Seraos to make the same mistake so many other people have made in the past with these innocent, knowledgeable creatures. Lydia wished she could say something, but she wasn’t being addressed to, so she didn’t want to talk if she was not in the position.

Veris remained silent. He did get up, but he might as well be just slouching again since he was with the same expression as before. Just what else could she do? Maybe she should’ve indeed waited for less time to remain of her job to tell him the news.
“I’m trying here Veris. I seriously am. I hate seeing you like this! Will these be our activities now? Just do nothing? Seeing you miserable? What does it take for you to be truly happy? What will be the ultimate happiness for you? If you don’t want to do anything right now, then fine. I’ll just... stay here and slouch too.” Angora said upset, lying on the floor with her back, resting her head on her hands and looking at him. He could easily pin her with his talons right now if he wanted. Veris didn’t need to say anything for her to know he was feeling very upset himself, with the tension feeling like many needles coming her way. It was honestly worse than if he had thrown a tantrum.
---
#904 Posted: 01:02:44 07/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Seraos didn't seem any more satisfied with Lyon's affirmation than he did with the initial answer. "Well... you are either lying to me, intending to take this secret to your grave... or you have chosen to commit treason on behalf of people who don't even trust you enough to allow you to find them. Either way, I cannot say I pity you for whatever happens to you as a result," he answered in disappointment. "Maybe, however, someone else will know a little more than you do."
Suddenly, Seraos turned around, pacing to Lydia's cell as he looked at her sharply. "You. I know you are in on these secrets as well. Why don't you tell me - how can I find these people? It will be in your best interest..." Seraos stayed calm - surely he still had the ability to get the answers he needed here, if he just pressed a little harder...

Veris didn't immediately have a response, staring at Angora for some time as she was lying in place. Angora being like that, however... Veris couldn't tell if Angora was seriously upset or pretending to be, but he supposed he could try... something. Slowly, he began pacing around - which wasn't much, but more than he had been doing so far. It took so much effort just to do that, more than it ever took to fly while encumbered.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#905 Posted: 01:24:51 07/02/2021
Since it was finally her turn, Lydia proceeded to talk as soon as the king was finished, though she dreaded to think about what he would do if he didn’t get what he wanted.
“Your highness, my father speaks the truth. He doesn’t know where the island is. When he told me how beautiful it is, he said he would’ve taken me there if only he knew where it was.” Lydia assured, knowing that her father wouldn’t keep secrets from her. Afraid that his daughter would be badgered, Lyon recalled the voice he heard earlier. A very comforting voice saying that the island could be alright. He tried to recall what made the island so unique. Even if Sergeant Farlo ends their special friendship, he couldn’t let his beloved daughter take the fall with him.

“A volcano!” Lyon suddenly said, addressing to the king.
“I remember a volcano... so tall that you couldn’t see the top. And surrounded by mist. That’s all I know! I swear! I don’t know the coordinates of the island, but I do recall that massive volcano. I believe it can be seen from a great distance when the mist is gone. The mist as there all the time I was there, so I don’t know if it ever ceases.” he specified, the volcano being quite visible despite the mist surrounding it. Now that the storms the Ishulgites produce was stopped, it was very possible the island was easier to spot now.

As Angora waited annoyingly for Veris to decide what he wanted to do, in one of the chambers near the prison where the satyr girl was being observed, Draikon was in a very deep sleep. He stayed up all night, taking notes until the sun was up. Although he wanted to report everything he has seen immediately, he was simply too tired to do so. His age also didn’t help, so the guards provided him with a room and a comfortable bed so that he could take all the sleep he could get so that when he awakes, he could be alert enough to see king Seraos and tell him about his findings.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#906 Posted: 03:32:08 07/02/2021
Meanwhile...
Quote:
Latnok would wake up at dawn in the usual manner; he donned his usual armor for the time being, but would have to start wearing the typical leather once they got reasonably close to the island. He would give a hand on the ship as needed, but he figured the most value he could offer was in helping others with their training.

Raclaw and Chester would wake not long after Latnok; the bed was comfortable and not all that disimilar to their own back at home. Either by accident or on purpose, someone in Risar's crew had done their research. As more of the crew woke up, the smell of food could be once again smelt and a decent-- although more of a day-to-day portion --selection could be seen. As per before, bowls would be offered for Raclaw and Chester's sake. And during the curse of the early day, Latnok would find no problem finding someone to train with. Nothing too eventful would happen-- yet.

Elsewhere, an egg would remain hopefully healthy but inanimate-- an Guardian taking daily notes on any progress or observable changes. 'What could it be?,' the Guardian thought. They knew that Latnok and his.. erm the fur dragon wanted it to be just that. There were honestly many possibilities, including a wide variety of unique creatures...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#907 Posted: 03:48:10 07/02/2021
Sozen was nearby and soon flew up to the nest to keep it warm. “Hopefully it will hatch soon.” He said to the guardian. “However I’ve heard some eggs only hatch when very special people are are around. Maybe this egg is one such egg?” Sozen said.
---
SC
#908 Posted: 05:07:57 07/02/2021
While many things were happening in the mainland, things at Risar’s ship were going smoothly... except for Huntress of course. She refused to leave her cabin until the dumb body got used to the movement of the ship. Maverick finally woke up, helping himself for some breakfast, almost lunch. He was embarrassed that he got up so late, so to compensate, he did some manual chores around the ship. It didn’t take him too long since the minotaurs were efficient at keeping the ship intact and he had almost little to nothing to do. He, Latnok and the rest of the non-minotaurs were practically guests, with not much to do around. He really missed his family back home, his life, even his job, but once again, he knew he had to shake it off or Leoquin would start to feel guilty if he caught him feeling that way.

Maverick and Ilasi’s children were at school, wondering when Angora would bring the marvelous dragon she said she would bring to the principal. It would be nice if such impressive beasts could be seen as something more than just creatures to enslave or slay. She still had the fond memory of meeting Shade, and was amazed with herself for having been able to keep the secret for so long. She still had the scale he gave her, which was a reminder of not only how she met him, but how she managed to sneak in such a well guarded prison. She felt quite proud of herself for her ninja skills, although it was better if the guards didn’t find out or they would double the watch.
---
#909 Posted: 04:33:34 08/02/2021 | Topic Creator
As Skarp took notes, Seraos seemed satisfied with the new development. "So a tall volcano... and mist. Those sound distinct enough... potentially allowing for wyvern scouts sent out from a ship to try to identify such a thing," Seraos surmised as he tried to think of ways to more swiftly locate the island. "Very well. What happens next to you will be determined by how helpful you've been, and whether your cover-up proves to have had a significant detrimental impact on us. General Skarp - if you will?"
Skarp was ready to explain matters as his king requested. "Now, friends, allow me to explain what we can do. General Lyon's treachery is unforgivable; it would not set good precedent to allow such a thing to be pardoned. Lydia, however? On one hand, she may follow him in death; a willing, eager collaborator in the crimes of her father, out of her hatred of her king. On the other hand, she may be freed with no issue; an unfortunate victim, misled by her father's incessant propaganda, who could be absolved once she was shown the light. As for her father - the results will determine the manner in which General Lyon is disposed of." Seraos and Skarp waited expectantly for possible protests.

As Latnok got into a morning sparring session, he wondered if it was worth checking on Huntress; she should be doing her part to stay useful, but she wasn't making herself apparent. However, it was just the second day; he had hardly found a routine of his own. He would wait until such a thing became more of a clear pattern, such as if she were to appear for breakfast and disappear again afterwards.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#910 Posted: 05:43:55 08/02/2021
Lydia wanted to protest herself, but knew her father wouldn’t approve it. After all her father has done, and was trying to do, and he was still being considered for the death penalty. What kind of sick, twisted mentality the king had to allow such brutality? Lyon however, was much more calm about the matter and didn’t seem to want to question the decision.
“Alright. I understand.” Lyon answered, looking at Lydia, who could only nod in response. She has seen many prisoners in the past and has always believed they deserved their fate, but now that she was living Aelinon’s law in the flesh, she wondered how many people have died unfairly, or for minor offenses. Lyon’s crime wasn’t exactly minor, but it was done for a greater good, a good the king and his men couldn’t see or understand.

After much hesitation, Huntress finally got out of her cabin, ready for the main deck at last. She was feeling slightly better than before, even though she still felt wobbly. Her paleness was clear indication she wasn’t too fine. She saw Latnok from the distance and avoided him. She also saw Maverick, who seemed busy, but she avoided him as well. She wasn’t in the mood to spy him or anyone else. She just wanted to be left alone and find what she could do in order to distract her body from the foreign feeling.

Since Veris wasn’t making up his mind, Angora decided she should take the matter into her own hands.
“Fine Veris. You don’t want to do anything, then it’s fine. I’ll just have to do things myself.” she said after getting up, climbing the depressed wyvern and starting to groom him. He had plenty of loose scales, more than usual. Was this the result of his mood? Lack of sleep? He still looked healthy despite everything, but this was still something quite unusual. Perhaps she was rushing things? She wanted Veris to be cheerful, but he heard some pretty horrible news for him yesterday and she couldn’t expect him to feel better the next day just like that. She wanted to believe it was all a matter of time until he feels better and starts to assimilate the new reality.
---
#911 Posted: 06:49:32 08/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Skarp did not seem particularly surprised by the reactions of the two, who would likely avoid trying to antagonize the king and his decisions any further at this moment. "Here's the fate that awaits General Lyon, depending on how His Majesty feels is the best way to condemn his actions..." he began explaining.
"On one hand, His Majesty may decide that the best way to do so would be to make the most public example possible, showing that no amount of power or status will justify treason; this would involve being brought to the arena and given one of several slow, painful types of executions. Everyone would see what happened to the former general, and his death would remain a visceral example for all who would betray the nation's trust. The General would get some last words for the people he betrayed before his death, and perhaps some may sympathize with his reasons, but there can be no reconciling of the action itself."
Skarp paused a moment to allow the image to set before continuing. "On the other hand, His Majesty may decide that such an action is so damnably horrid that General Lyon deserves no honor whatsoever. A swift court-martial out of the public eye, followed by a simple execution in some nameless prison. The general's body is turned into behemoth food, the only possible use left for such a traitor, and he is denied the honor of any sort of final words or moments. Not only does he not get a funeral, even his own daughter would be denied any information of significance with which to honor him, such as where he was executed or which behemoth he was fed to."
Skarp let out a very slight smile as he began presenting the next part. "Now, then, with this latter method, it is, of course, possible that, by some coincidence, a Mr. Tigre or so washes up on one of our shores. Those who have personally seen General Lyon could perhaps note that the men are uncannily similar and could very well be the same people; those people, however, would be insane, as the General was very clearly known to have committed treason, a crime he was documented as being sentenced and executed for, and our friend Mr. Tigre would have several runic brands from some faraway culture that certainly isn't anything we see here, and the records on this Mr. Tigre would predate such things happening. Denied any sort of grave or anything else of significance, who would fault a certain mermaid for taking this lost man resembling her father under her wing in her despair?"
General Skarp gave the softest of grins. "There can be no excuses made for treason... but there is much we are capable of in spite of that. Consider it, and think very hard about how helpful you can possibly be in this matter."

Veris didn't move much, but didn't resist Angora's efforts at grooming. As Angora worked, he could only think of what was to come - the sort of ideas he would have to leave behind about how things worked. His own ideas of the world were limited from his perspective as a wyvern mount, and they were receiving a very harsh reality check.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#912 Posted: 16:08:56 08/02/2021
Lyon closed his eyes, while Lydia remained quiet. Was the last option what they thought it was? Lydia couldn’t understand it, but Lyon was.
Long live the king. My words were true and wholesome. If my king and my people decide to be merciful enough for my actions, then I shall accept it with grace. My hopes shall remain for the good and prosper of Aelinon.” he commented, knowing that there was no turning back from this situation. Despite hating the fact that he had to betray his friend’s trust and possibly endangered his people’s existence, his beloved daughter was first. He was ready to accept death if that’s what the king truly wanted, but he was also willing to choose the third option if it meant not leaving his beloved Lydia behind. Even though they had their own problem and Lydia still wanted her father to be around for a long time, she was still very worried about the poor girl, whose only crime was an unfortunate accident and the innocent idea that she could arrive to their land without consequences. The fate of the Old Myth was out of their hands now.

Angora has been hoping Veris would say something while she did her work, but still nothing. It felt like those days where she couldn’t still understand him.
“Your silence is hurtful Veris. You know you are my friend and I would never hurt you. I wouldn’t have told you anything if I didn’t trust you. Just tell me, what is it that will make you happy? Me staying forever? Is that what you want? Or something else? Just say something to me. Anything.” Angora pleaded, being ready for anything, even for words like I hate you or worst. She recalled the time where Veris truly believed that she would stay forever, and she didn’t have the heart to tell him that wasn’t her plan. She dreaded the idea of cutting her friendship with someone she has known for a long time, so she will try to keep it intact even if circumstances weren’t the same.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:32:39 08/02/2021 by Felines
#913 Posted: 16:51:36 08/02/2021
Soon Icestorm awoke and stretched a little bit. He soon came up on deck to enjoy the sun and warm up his body.
---
SC
#914 Posted: 22:36:19 08/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Skarp withdrew his notepad, reviewing the information he had taken down so far. "Be grateful that not all of us share your philosophy towards unilateral decision on what we personally feel is the right thing to do," he cautioned. "If I were to ignore our king to do things my way, The Masseur would be the one dragging these answers out of you and your daughter right now, and you two would consider it a mercy for an execution to end your despicable affairs. Consider that when you think that your personal feelings justify the crime you commit... But enough of that. I have a question. This character - he is a 'Sergeant' Farlo. Does this mean he is a sergeant, a lower rank in a greater military? Is this some vestige of a rank he once had in a military he was once a part of? Or is this some name he was given for another reason?" There were still things to be known before they felt prepared to act.

Communication with Angora was something which was especially significant to Veris because of the connection he believed they had. In light of the revelation, he didn't feel it was worth saying anything further. After all, it's not like she really cared what he wanted - otherwise, she would stay, right? Unless the danger from the others was just too great...

Latnok, in the middle of a sparring session, caught a glimpse of Huntess - and was able to immediately deduce what was happening to her. Seasickness. The various training methods the Guardians engaged in naturally provided them their "sea legs" despite the lack of naval experience most of them had - but he supposed that someone who did not train in the same way and was new to the sea would get their "sea legs" the hard way.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#915 Posted: 01:01:08 09/02/2021
Lyon was wondering why that question didn’t came from the beginning. He didn’t know where they got the name, but he assumed it was from one of the many possible spies. Since everything was coming into the light and there was the possibility of getting their freedom, he decided to talk, while at the same time hoping the provided information would make Seraos understand how peaceful the society actually was.
“I asked him the same question when he was giving me the tour. Turns out it’s not what any of us would expect. They don’t even have a military. They are very simple people. Sergeant is sort of like a stage name. He’s more of a drill sergeant. He trains the children of the Old Myth to survive the harshest parts of the island. There is a wilderness nearby where they gather ingredients for food, concoctions and such, but it’s a very dangerous area, so he trains them to survive. His Sergeant title was to make him sound more fierce and make the children listen more.” Lyon explained calmly, having thought the same when the centaur gave him the name. While the former general was hoping that tales of their peacefulness could make Seraos leave them alone, there was also the risk that it would just make him more tempted to invade the poor people if they really had such little defenses.

Angora was very offended. Why couldn’t Veris understand why she was quitting? Why couldn’t he understand her reasons? Why couldn’t he even see the mortal dangers she has faced for the last five years for his sake?
“You still won’t say anything to me? Will this be just like when we first met where I couldn’t understand you? If that’s what you want, then fine. Have it your way. I see that you need more time.” Angora said in a quiet voice, despite screaming on the inside. Angora just kept going with the grooming, and when she reached his head and snout, she avoided looking at him in the eyes.

Maverick noticed Huntress, and while he didn’t manage to see how sick she was, he nevertheless decided not to approach her for now. She will need some time to cool off. Maybe the pleasant smell of the sea will manage to calm her down and make her more willing to talk and befriend others.
---
#916 Posted: 01:30:03 09/02/2021
Raclaw too noticed the Huntress' apparent case of sea sickness and recalled his own experience upon settling into his first voyage. The 'Enduring Legacy'.. the place where he and Latnok took that vital step; allowing the Guardian to claim his collar and soon moving into the same quarters. It took some time (being at sea) afterwards before the legal paperwork had gotten changed of course, but that was the moment that made traveling companions/growing friends 'more' and started them on the path to greater things. "We should give her time to settle-- a land lovers' first voyage is never the most present thing.," the seasoned fur dragon spoke to Latnok as he watched the Guardian's sparring session.

"Ah-- I suspect that your first trip did not go so well?," the sparring Minotaur spoke somewhat jokingly. "You-- you can say that. I.. uh used to be afraid of the water, if you can believe that.," Raclaw responded with a nod somewhat embarrassingly. Ironically, it was Chester the dog who initially encouraged him to past that little 'fear.' In the form of a dare if he recalled, right. It was a silly fear in hindsight, but it had a good cause. The cause in question was no doubt long dead by now, the side effect of various species having tragically short lifespans. He would never forget the fun memories though.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Sozen was nearby and soon flew up to the nest to keep it warm. “Hopefully it will hatch soon.” He said to the guardian. “However I’ve heard some eggs only hatch when very special people are are around. Maybe this egg is one such egg?” Sozen said.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. Who is to say what is legend and what is simply a myth long passed from one mistaken generation to the next?," the Guardian responded seeming somewhat neutral or objective about the subject. "But let's say I believe you.. who do you believe this 'special' person would be?," he then asked in somewhat theoretical/curious tone. He briefly glanced down at his notes and retained a firm hold on his instrument of writing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:10 09/02/2021 by redwes
#917 Posted: 01:37:12 09/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Skarp noted down Lyon's answer, before putting his notepad away. "Understood... for your sake, we hope to discover that you were not hiding anything of potential value or concern to His Majesty," he answered.
"That should do for these two for now, at least regarding this Old Myth," Seraos decided. "Leave them here until I have reason to believe they deserve any better. Hmm... I am rather curious about where these talks about my supposed transformation originate from... that by itself doesn't mean too much, but considering that this coincides with Lyon's own 'transformation' in his trust of me, perhaps this is worth delving into more. Tell me, Lyon - what are these things you've seen that are so worrying to you, enough to share with your daughter?" As far as Seraos was concerned, he was the same king he always was.

At that point, Veris was not paying attention, instead thinking about the sorts of people who would replace Angora; just boring people doing their job to meet his needs, like when Angora wasn't around. Maybe those people were right for not allowing him to believe they truly cared for him more than his human required them to.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#918 Posted: 02:37:33 09/02/2021
As Huntress struggled with the new sickness, things in the mainland were still desperate for a certain pair. Lyon proceeded to answer his king.
“I apologize for my misplaced words your highness. Ever since the Ishulgite war, you have seemed more stressed, more afraid. You sleep so little lately, so I was afraid that all the stress and lack of sleep could affect you in many ways. You are forgetting to have time for yourself, so I was fearful for your health. Denying your body the most basic needs is dangerous your majesty, so I was worried. So young and with so much on your shoulders. I shared my concerns with my daughter, so she was very worried as well. Worried that you could’ve been changing because of the war. But I realize now that instead of jumping to conclusions, I should’ve just approached you and voice them. It was wrong to burden Lydia with my worries, just as it was wrong not to have told you.” Lyon expressed with the sincere honesty, with Lydia nodding. It was just what her father talked about.

Angora sighed, concluding the grooming without any further words. She finished with his snout, and she took notice of his fangs.
“Want me to clean your teeth Veris? Or file your claws?” she asked, not expecting an answer, but whatever he decided, he could just use body language. She hasn’t done any of them in months, so maybe he would want that? She was giving up on trying to make him talk, so she was simply going to perform her normal duties and beyond until he ended his pouting phase.
---
#919 Posted: 03:49:25 09/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Latnok agreed with Raclaw - it was best to give the woman time to adjust to things. He just hoped she would earn her pay and wouldn't remain useless the whole time. "Might remind her to drink plenty of water to replace what she's no doubt puking up," he said, "but besides that, I guess we'll just wait and see. It's not quite a swimming lesson - and I sure hope she can swim, or her reputation will be nothing less than disappointing. She'll have to get used to things on her own." Leoquin, despite having a natural advantage, was very adept at teaching others how to swim. Latnok wasn't quite sure how that became the case, but supposed a job as a swim instructor could have worked out if he wasn't as ambitious.

King Seraos seemed to accept the explanation given to him by Lyon - or at least, didn't have any grounds on which to challenge it. "Your concern is doubtful... but I will accept it," he said. "We will look into everything you have shared with us. You can relax here until we do... I pray that the first impression you have given me of these people - that is, a bigoted bunch who sees our nation as a threat merely because I am human, and who believes they would be safer with a different species as king - turns out to be incorrect. Now, then, we'll be off. We'll leave you here - somewhere I can get to you if I need to."
As Seraos began to leave with his retinue, he could only dwell on what Lyon said. Were these concerns about his change really legitimate, and not just seditious speech meant to undermine trust in the monarch? Had the stress of his position started to affect his judgment negatively?

Veris, instead of a verbal response, laid out his forelimbs for Angora to easily access. His unhappiness hadn't become any less apparent in his time so far. It remained to be seen how Angora and Sere would be able to address such a thing going forward.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#920 Posted: 04:21:44 09/02/2021
Lyon watched as the king left, but not before saying something else.
“Not bigotry... just caution. If you had gotten the chance to meet Sergeant Farlo, you would’ve known.” He said briefly, retreating further into his cell. Lydia watched her father in admiration, but a bit of concern as well. She knew they had to worry about their own fate, but couldn’t stop thinking about the possibility that they just doomed that poor society due to the king confusing their hiding and caution with bigotry, or simply because king Seraos could decide he wanted their resources.

Using a file Angora kept below Veris’ water tank, she started with her work. She wanted to remain silent as well, but seeing Veris this way was just too awful.
“Do you hate me now Veris? You don’t need to say anything if you don’t want to, just nod or shake your head.” Angora suddenly asked, dreading for the answer. But it didn’t matter what the answer was. She was going to keep taking care of Veris until Sere could find a proper replacement, and still intended to go beyond the time her contract dictated if necessary in order to make things easier for him. She was hoping Veris wouldn’t act this way in the remaining time, but if he did, she would simply have to get used to it.
---
#921 Posted: 06:42:58 09/02/2021
“I’m not sure. The egg hasn’t moved for weeks. Maybe someone worthy?” Sozen said.
---
SC
#922 Posted: 06:48:14 11/02/2021
"Someone worthy, hmm? Like a chosen one? Well-- that could be anyone or perhaps no-one. Perhaps this someone might even be alive or lost or yet to be born. No way to tell until this someone shows up.," the Guardian thought out loud mostly doubting the idea. "Give the egg some time. The typical egg takes between three to four months to hatch and that's under ideal conditions-- we don't know what this egg has gone through nor what effects these less than ideal conditions may have had on that period. It could take less or.. it could take more.," he then added writing down notes.

---

"I don't think she's ever sailed in her life, but.. I can relate. Just as long as she learns to catch up and serves some purpose.," Raclaw responded to Latnok and co. "And as long as she doesn't try anything. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but we can't let anything happen to my kind assuming we find them. Or Mav's own kind. Or the inhabitants in general. We could find many unique and interesting species and I just hope that we can trust her not to try anything.," Raclaw responded to Latnok. He wondered if 'his own kind' would even look like what they expected them to look like. Was his 'look' mostly universal for the species or did his development make him some sort of offshoot from the original species. He thought of his limitations (the lessened fire, the shorter claws) and suspected that least those 'features' would be different from his 'wild' counterparts. And then he thought back to his beloved 'tail spike'-- as artificial as it may be. It felt so natural when in use. Did his species used to have such a feature, albeit in a natural more boney form perhaps? "I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. At the very least-- she didn't seem very interested in me, which.. is unusual.," he then contemplated.

There was also the matter of rather or not 'his kind' would accept a pet and now mount, but surely they wouldn't have much of a choice. He had long accepted Latnok and confirmed to himself that he was never leaving him. And considering the circumstances-- the fact that their son was alive at all would surely by enough, rider or not. "If I had to choose between seeing the world through eyes of a pet or not seeing it all-- I would choose the former every time. What you are doesn't change who you are. You are still their son, no matter what they may think of everything else.," Damon 'spoke' responding to Raclaw's thoughts. The collar entity meant every word he said...
---
#923 Posted: 07:14:25 11/02/2021
“Well you guardians helped save my life. I owe you my life so I will stay with this egg as long as it takes. My warmth will keep it warm and safe.” Sozen said.
---
SC
#924 Posted: 05:48:24 12/02/2021
At Maverick’s household, Random was the one who was free this time. Sand Dune and Opium were working overtime so that they could help with money, or at least pretend to since they knew Maverick had plenty of it. The kids would be coming home from school soon, so after taking care of Dahlia, Random helped Ilasi make dinner. He has learned for the past years in order to impress Huntress, though success has evaded him. He would sometimes feel uncomfortable trying to talk with Ilasi through sign language, for he knew not too many knew it. Conversations were... complicated to say the least, so Random instead would use charades instead of the official language so that Ilasi could understand him better. Sometimes he would just spend time with Dahlia, whom adored him. All his time as a vet assistant has paid off. The dirt buffalo was nothing compared to what Angora likely went through with the wyvern though. Whenever he had to help take care of one, the creature was very often sedated. The same couldn’t be said about behemoths, whose sedation would take too much medicine, not to mention finding the right spot in that hard skin was next to impossible. Good thing the beasts didn’t get sick often, and being sturdy meant very few wound that needed attendance. In the years he has been a vet, he only needed to attend one behemoth. He has attended animals at the Salvation House, a place he loved and would take over wyverns or behemoths any day.
---
#925 Posted: 02:17:01 14/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Veris did not answer Angora's next inquiry, either - though this one was just as much because he didn't know how to answer it. He hated what Angora was doing... he hated that he was misled for so long... but did he hate her? He knew what he did hate. He hated the other wyverns and that one human for making this happen.

While not quite comparable to Maverick, Random's cooking skills were still solid, to say the least. Ilasi appreciated that he and his friends were so willing to help her out with Maverick being absent - many hands lightened the load, and the unique talents of the former pirates certainly came in handy. The children loved them, as well - which was, at the least, a very good thing.
Still, she thought about how her husband was faring out at sea again. She really did hope that this journey would not be nearly as eventful as the last one he was on.

Seeing Huntress right now almost made Latnok pity her. "Here's hoping she's not stupid enough to try anything," he said. "Or at least hoping that she has a modicum of self-preservation. We'll see how useful she is later, but right now? Nothing to write home about."
Still, Latnok wouldn't let his guard down just yet - it might only take a moment for Huntress to ruin everything he and Raclaw had worked on so far. Keeping tabs on her would hopefully not prove to be too difficult.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#926 Posted: 02:57:20 14/02/2021
Veris’ silence still stings. No response meant he did hated her but didn’t want to answer that? Or was he still processing how he felt now? Whatever the case, it hurts so much the possibility that her decision damaged their friendship forever. She said nothing else, and the questions were done for now. After filing his claws, Angora changed his water, and since she believed he was in no mood to keep seeing her, hunt or go outside, she decided it was time to leave for a while.
“I need a brief nap. I’ll... be in time for your lunch and go outside if you want to.” she commented as she left, having her back against him even while closing the door so that he couldn’t see that she was about to cry. Why was it so difficult for him to understand? She knew he was going to be sad and disappointed, but choosing not to talk to her anymore was really painful.

Random gave a gentle pat on Ilasi’s shoulder after sensing her concern... or at least as gentle as a man his size could. With the cooking process underway, he took the time to tidy up the living room so that it would be nice for when the children arrived. He was ready to give them piggybacks and use them as dumbbells, which they loved, especially Alana. He was strong and with a lot of stamina, so he could tolerate the playfulness.

While Maverick did see Huntress wasn’t feeling too well and it was hard not to help her, he still believed the best course of action was not to approach her for now he give her space. She likely wanted that after what happened with Icestorm. Luckily for him and the landlubber, the minotaur that told her about what was happening to her yesterday took some pity on her, and knowing it was going to be difficult for her body to adapt on it’s own at this point, gave her some medicine to help with the sickness. The liquid worked for both humans and minotaurs, but naturally, humans needed a much smaller dose. The minotaurs didn’t generally needed it, so it was mostly reserved for rookies and in times of storms, where even the strongest of them could get seasickness.
---
#927 Posted: 00:43:00 15/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Veris let Angora leave without so much as a grunt. All he felt like doing was lying there, pondering the dramatic change in his circumstance. Even that, however, wouldn't keep him up; his newfound lethargy would cause him to go to sleep shortly afterwards. His dreams would, at least, remain the same pleasant refuge of hunting they always were - even if there was something less satisfying about it all.

Despite not being able to speak himself (or perhaps because of it), Random certainly did a great job of sensing the feelings of others. Perhaps this time without Maverick around wouldn't be too bad, after all - not as bad as she was expecting, at least.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#928 Posted: 03:20:35 15/02/2021
Angora arrived at her room after a small detour to the cafeteria, taking several plates of food for both now and later. As she ate, she couldn’t help but to sob a little.
“That idiot Veris! Why can’t he understand why I’m doing this? Does he need more time? Or is he waiting for stress or one of his friends to kill me before he’s finally convinced how in danger I am here? He won’t talk to me now, almost as if I stopped existing! I don’t trust that man, but what if he’s telling the truth and really wants to help? I can’t let an opportunity like that slip by even if it turns out to be a lie. Plus it’ll give me some time to be away from this depressing place!” Angora vented with Neo between bites, though at this rate, she didn’t care if he answered or not. It was just too awful to think Veris would be willing to throw away their friendship just because she wanted a change. She was even afraid that he would deteriorate his health due to depression or neglecting food. He loved eating, but after seeing how slowly he ate now, it didn’t seem far off to think he might stop feeding altogether eventually.

A bit after noon, Draikon has finally awakened. He almost forgot he wasn’t in his lab anymore. It was worrying him. He didn’t like leaving his place alone for too long. While he wanted to explain to the king his findings personally, he didn’t want to risk Seraos being too busy to attend him right away. So instead, he took out his notes indicating what the satyr girl did in her sleep, at what hour, and what she said. She said almost nothing, at least not much that it was understandable. Knowing that the young monarch would want to know his observations, Draikon asked for a piece of paper so he could write his theories and opinions, which he then attached to the notes.
“Deliver this to his majesty. I need to check my lab. Lots of curious children, you know. I’ll be ready to return if king Seraos summons me.” he said to the guard that was by his room, being escorted to the nearest wyvern pen to be flown home. He believed Seraos would want him present instead of just reading his findings, but for now, he wanted to check on his lab and make sure none of the nosy children from his neighborhood tried to enter.

The voyage was getting better for Huntress. The medicine was just what she needed to feel better, though it angered her that the beast didn’t give it to her sooner. All this time they had a cure, so why was there a need to make her wait too long? It didn’t matter now. She sometimes watched Maverick, who smiled kindly at her, but she just scoffed and rolled her eyes. She also noticed that Latnok and company would sometimes glance at her, something she wasn’t too pleased about either. Just what was the deal with them? That imbecile Guardian seemed to have something against her. Ever since laying eyes on her, it was as if Latnok automatically hated her. Was it natural for a Guardian to hate everybody they didn’t know? She wasn’t a fan of them, and Latnok’s behavior was not doing her views any better.
---
#929 Posted: 06:23:08 16/02/2021
“Don’t take his silence as hating you. He known you for years. This is a big thing to him. He loves you know that.” Neo said.

Eventually Icestorm came up on deck. He stretched his wings and tail. He saw Huntress and gave a nod with a smile. He then went to a more sunlit place on deck and started to sun himself.
---
SC
#930 Posted: 15:21:25 16/02/2021
Angora wasn’t expecting Neo to answer, but it was nice hearing him.
“Well whatever. I’m not going to let his silence bother me. I’ll just take care of him like I always do. He still has me for a couple of months, maybe even more, and I just know he’ll regret ignoring me so much when I do leave and he realizes he wasted all this time being pouty on me instead of taking advantage of the time left. I just hope I don’t have to end up force feeding him.” Angora stated with some bitterness. The last thing she needed was to get food into his mouth like some big baby.

Soon, Alana arrived home, as usual, first than her brother.
“Hi mommy. Hi Random. Oh boy, school was soooo boring today!” she complained, glad to be out of there. Tyrus wasn’t home yet, so he probably stayed after school again helping teachers or studying. He was such a goody boy. It annoyed Alana quite a bit. Random could only shake his head slowly in disapproval, disappointed that Alana thought so slowly at school. Even though he had a steady job and life now, he still wished he could’ve finished school and have more knowledge.

Huntress scoffed at Icestorm’s attempt to be friendly, clearly not forgiving him. She couldn’t believe the amount of hypocrisy in this ship. Wanting something to do, she saw one minotaur give navigation instructions to one of the youngest of them, so she decided to watch and listen from a distance and learn too. It’ll at least keep her distracted from all the annoying stares and greetings.
---
#931 Posted: 01:32:47 17/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Thanks to Random's help, Ilasi already had some food prepared by the time Alana arrived. "Welcome back, dear," she greeted sweetly. "Did you learn anything exciting today?" At least, Ilasi hoped it was learning something exciting - Alana was more the "doing" kind as opposed to Tyrus, and the "something exciting" sometimes ended up with a note from teachers.

Seraos was waiting for a report on the status of the weapon the kingdom was in the process of restoring when he received the notes from Draikon. Normally, such a thing would wait until he had finished whatever business he was currently attending to, but the men knew that such a matter was relevant to him. He read the report - and it didn't really give any extra information that would help them in the matter, at least not from his initial deduction. Perhaps summoning Draikon later would be in order; that would be business for another time, however.
The Void Locator was a device uncovered during the voyage taken by the Enduring Legacy, its location being reported by Laszur. It was half of a powerful weapon, the other half being the Void Breaker, securely in Aelinon's possession. Aelinon, not having need for a large navy, had dedicated most of it to securing the routes between the discovered area and the mainland. The Void Locator was hard to disassemble safely - and indeed, was hard to disassemble at all - and it was a painstaking process which took countless researchers effort to sort out. It was an ambitious project, and yet one that wasn't complete public knowledge.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#932 Posted: 03:27:22 17/02/2021
Alana shrank her shoulders.
“We learned the difference between a bacteria and a virus. That was kinda interesting. Still, the important thing is to know both get you sick. Nothing more to it.” she replied bored as she helped herself with some food, missing her father’s cooking. Random wanted to communicate his thoughts, but it was difficult. He tried teaching Alana the basics of sign language, but she had a short attention span, so he had to rely on charades. Alana was known to be mischievous, but today, there were no complains. She wanted to pull a prank, but she wanted something more creative than the last times.

The satyr girl was getting used to her captive life, even though she still hated it. None of the guards were being particularly mean to her, but the food was lousy, and her requests for something better was denied. She was still trying so hard to remember something. Anything, even if it was just her name, but whatever that hit to the head did to her, it really affected. Little did she know that there was a lot of people who loved her and were currently looking for her. Her best friend, the siren boy, was on his way home, with Sergeant Farlo also taking the same route, both by humpback whale.
“Danya... please be alright...” the siren boy said, crying. He knew this was a bad idea, but she was so optimistic, how could he say no to her? Back in her prison, the scared, almost starving girl raised her head. D... D... yeah... she remembered her name started with a D, but still didn’t remember it. Perhaps all she needed was a little time for her memory to recover...

Even though Angora wanted to continue the conversation a bit longer, sleep was beating her badly. With a yawn, she lied on her bed.
“I need to rest a while Neo. Please wake me up in a couple of hours if I can’t do it on my own. And if you can, don’t let me have any nightmares.” she asked of him as she closed her eyes. She was afraid of being alone, and even though Neo would always be with her, it wasn’t the same. He was not always available, and he wasn’t a physical presence. It just wasn’t the same.
---
#933 Posted: 05:54:06 17/02/2021
“I will. Sleep well young Angora.” Neo said.

Meanwhile a faint soft voice of Orion spoke to the satyr girl. “Be not afraid young one. You are very safe. May the dragons of old protect and watch over you”
---
SC
#934 Posted: 15:17:20 17/02/2021
Angora didn’t want to be late for Veris’ lunch, so she decided to trust Neo for a good nap and wake up call. But while she rested, someone else was having a hard time.
“Wha...? Who’s there?” the satyr girl demanded to know, but none of the guards responded her, who dismissed her outburst as her losing it. It wasn’t often they had children prisoners... if she was a child, but child or not, she was still not ordinary for other reasons. What if she was losing it? The voice was calming, but maybe it was just her subconscious trying to keep her hopeful. Whatever the case, she liked hearing the voice, but wasn’t enough to make her have a sense of relief. She was still in a cold prison full of guards that didn’t like her.

After eating, Random was going to help Alana with her homework and hopefully make it more fun for her. Sand Dune and Opium were at their jobs, doing the usual routine. It wasn’t exactly boring, but it was still monotonous. Maverick was making himself useful in the ship, and thinking of surprising the minotaurs with his own cooking later.

Somewhere at sea, Sergeant Farlo was rushing his whale to go faster. Galadar was very far, but if they kept up that pace, he could reach the continent in a week. However, whales needed their rest too and a moment to hunt, so it could take longer...
---
#935 Posted: 23:52:52 18/02/2021
As Angora began to sleep, the Huntress slowly began to adjust to life at sea, and a pending trial would inevitably come to be-- one fortnight would soon come to pass. And the journey at sea would, thus far, prove to mostly uneventful. Few dared do anything to cause the Minotaur vassal trouble and their unique daily 'rituals' would continue; the (mostly) communal courses, the daily training/sparring sessions, and the occasional training bouts from one old minotaur to one young minotaur. If one were to watch, the two would have an almost father/son-like relationship and could be seen going through various motions and duties onboard the Raging Serpent. Exactly two weeks later, the sun would begin to arise once again...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:54:40 18/02/2021 by redwes
#936 Posted: 02:12:13 19/02/2021
A week before, Sergeant Farlo recognized the missing whale, who was using the same route as his whale. In it’s mouth, the siren boy, who hugged him. He explained everything, much to the centaur’s horror. So that’s why the peace treaty was missing. It was stolen by the girl in hopes that she would succeed where he couldn’t. Such innocent... and deadly optimism. Now she was captured and who knows what was being done to her. General Lyon was a dear friend, but he and his daughter were just a couple of individuals. The centaur ordered the siren boy to return home, and fiercely forbade him from following him. He would take care of everything. He had to return home to his parents and explain to the satyr girl’s parents what happened. He had to succeed. Today, after two hard weeks of journey, Sergeant Farlo arrived to Galadar. There was no point in hiding anymore. Even if he had to expose himself to the world, he was going to find a way to get to where the child was being held captive.

Slowly but surely, Huntress got used to the sea, and was even growing fond of it. Although she still spied on Maverick as discretely as possible, she made herself useful many times, sometimes working as a vigilante at the crow’s nest and showing off her weapons to the humanoid bulls so they would know just how useful she could be in battle. Maverick was feeling quite proud of her. Even though she dismissed rather harshly all of his attempts to befriend her, he still felt happy for her. Maybe she just needed a little more time to soften her heart?

Only one week left before Angora could go on her long break, although it wasn’t going to be the same without Maverick. Veris was still eating, slowly and less than before, but still eating. There was no need to give him the food in his mouth at least, but Angora would often try to make mealtime a game for the wyvern to motivate him further. The times he talked to her were too few, many days none at all. The days were getting longer and sadder, but Angora still smiled for him, and treated him with the same kindness and dedication as before. But still... she feared and dreaded that their friendship was never going to be the same as before. After eating, Angora stayed with Veris in the pen for a while.
“You know Veris, chewing can be very calming. We haven’t done this for a while, so go ahead. Chew for as long as you need. No hunting this time if you don’t want to.” Angora said as she activated her shield. While Veris was still successful hunting in the time she took him outside, she sometimes had to help with the kill since he wasn’t as motivated as before with that either. Most was just out of instinct rather than the enjoyment from before. He felt so much like a different wyvern. Although she hated the activity, if chewing on her shield could help ease up all the frustrations he had inside, then so be it. And if he was angry at her, this could also be the perfect chance for him to take one of it out as well.
---
#937 Posted: 04:33:28 21/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Veris would oblige, almost reluctantly, as he took the shield ball into his mouth. His gnawing was rather slow and unenthused, not unlike his eating. Though it was rather subtle, at least at this stage, Veris' scales were loosening a bit more quickly, with the underlying skin not as supported by his diet as it used to be.
Though his feelings had gradually been shifting towards acceptance, that would not, by itself, suffice to restore his original vigor. Having learned of what was possible, his current and future life would forever be compared to how things were before - and how he thought things would have been from then on. With seemingly the best part of his life behind him - at least based on his limited perspective - he would lack the drive he had previously unless something else occurred to convince him otherwise. And with his acceptance of Angora's impending departure also came acceptance, or rather, fomenting, of something else - the idea that the other wyverns and that odd man were to blame for driving his companion away, and, by extension, hurting him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#938 Posted: 17:29:42 21/02/2021
It was so long the last time Angora let Veris chew her shield. His mouth was bigger... but the eagerness wasn’t the same. That much she remembered. Veris was not the picture perfect image of health he was before. She had to groom him more often, and he was eating less. Angora had thought long and hard on how to make him feel better and return to the happy wyvern he was before. After all, she had two weeks to think about it.
“It really hurts me to see you this way Veris. What will make you really happy? Me staying forever? Is that what you want?” she asked, though she didn’t wait for his answer and continued talking. She doubted he would answer anyway given how much he was ignoring her lately.

“That’s it, isn’t it? Listen Veris, this hasn’t been any easier for me as it has for you. Let me try this. This man... if he can help my species, I can’t let such an opportunity pass. If it turns out he’s a fake, well, that’ll mean I can come back sooner. Whatever the case, this will give me some time to rest from... everything. You know, the hunts and all. It’s not like a troll will be accepted for a job anywhere else. Once my time with this man is up... then... I’ll get my job back. Just please don’t be sad.” Angora pleaded, firmly believing there was no way Veris could return to the way he was before unless it was with her staying forever. She really didn’t want to keep such a drastic promise, but she had to find a way to get the wyvern back to his happy, healthy self. She always had doubts about how much of a good idea it was to bond with him, but this was the first time she was really starting to regret it. If she hadn’t bonded with Veris so much, none of them would be miserable right now.

Father and daughter, still in a prison somewhere. Regal merfolks once, reduced to underweight captives. Lyon and Lydia barely talked, but when they did, it was trivial, familiar matters. It’s not like they had any privacy. Lydia didn’t blame her father for what they were going through, and if she faltered, she would always forgive him. Lyon however, was still shrouded with guilt. He and Lydia were going to be pardoned, or so it seemed. The former general didn’t care what happened to him. He just wanted his daughter out of here and make her own life, to fall in love like she did once before and have a long, pleasant life, even if it was not through a military job like he had trained her for. He wondered... were they really going to be pardoned? Should he had just accepted death instead of living in shame and dying of senility? One thing was certain. Myth Island was not a secret anymore. If king Seraos decide to invade the home and threaten their existence, it would mean saying goodbye to the sacred society, whether it was through their escape or extinction.
---
#939 Posted: 00:57:48 22/02/2021 | Topic Creator
In the meantime, Aelinon's military had sent out an expedition team, in order to find a suitable location from which to stage the search efforts. The voyage was still underway; however, there was an island close to Falcon's Beak, that had the terrain necessary to establish a base. From there, wyvern riders could be sent out to scout from up high, identifying areas which most closely resembled Lyon's descriptions.
Seraos could only hope that he wasn't chasing ghosts. If Lyon's words were true, then everything would work smoothly - or it should, at least.

Veris heard Angora, but did not react, not having faith in her words. Even if she really meant what she said, what would stop her from just forgetting about him once she left, if she was able to choose abandon him while she was still there? What if this man really did have more to offer Angora than his own human did?
Having high hopes is what made Angora's decision hurt so much. He wasn't going to raise those hopes again. Maybe he just needed a little time outside right now to help clear his thoughts...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#940 Posted: 01:45:35 22/02/2021
Sergeant Farlo was on the mainland. And Lyon’s former army wasn’t as hospitable as before. One that recognized him pointed a spear at him, but one look at his face and the centaur know he wished he didn’t have to do this.
“Listen to me. I don’t care what’s done to me. I’m here to retrieve a child. Nothing more. She needs to return home. You know me. I have no weapons, and I’m not here to cause any trouble. I just want Danya back.” he assured, and if that merman knew who he was, he would know he was telling the truth. He was just following protocol. The sergeant was an intruder, and someone who wanted someone that was currently a prisoner. As painful as it was, he had to be detained. If he wanted to know where the satyr girl was, then this was a way for him to know. But instead of using a secret road like what was attempted in Zandar Swamp, where an ambush was easy, the merfolks used one of the military roads, which more more secured and open. Using it meant that some people would be able to see the extraordinary creature in the clutches of the military. How? When?

There was much rejoice in Myth Island with the return of the siren boy, rejoice that soon turned into despair once he gave the news of what transpired half a month ago. The nymph that was friends with the main centaur had to ease the panic that was felt among her comrades.
“This won’t work! Danya... she’s at the hands of those awful humans! She’s just a child, but I have no doubts those dastard beasts will torture her just the same to know our location! We must leave! NOW!” a female centaur said, urging everyone to pack and leave the island they called home for centuries.
“And start over? For how long we must run away?” a satyr woman said.
“Remember fauns? They were kind, helpful souls, and look where that got them! I knew all these rescuing would get us in trouble! If we hadn’t rescued that merman, we wouldn’t have exposed our existence to them!” a male satyr said.
“EVERYONE QUIET! Sergeant Farlo is on his way and will do everything in his power to help our dear Danya! Just calm down! We will plan our next course of action tonight when the gargoyles wake up.” the nymph said, needing everyone to have a clear mind. She didn’t want to exclude the gargoyles, who were a vital part of their community, but they were exclusively nocturnal, so any meeting had to be done at night. For now, the nymph ordered the siren leader to get the whales ready in case they indeed had to run away and find another place to call home.

As Angora kept the shield together inside his mouth, she couldn’t help but to shed a single tear at his silence. Not an alright, not an ok, nothing. What did it take for Veris to be happy again, and to understand that her decision was to try to help her species and herself? Couldn’t he just be happy for her? Angora started to wonder if he rather have her forever than wishing her own happiness. Was that... selfish of her? If Latnok was there, she was certain that he would say such a thought was just her being selfish.
“So... ok. Just... let me know what you want to do later.” she said blankly, falling silent as well after saying that. She was running out of ideas on what else she could do or say to Veris to make him return to the wyvern he was before.
---
#941 Posted: 05:50:26 23/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Veris spent the next few minutes chewing over the shield as he was lost in his own thoughts - being much more "philosophical" than most other wyverns. Being on the higher end of intelligence like Veris wasn't an exclusive trait to him, but it was one of the less common traits among the Guardians' wyverns. By comparison, it was not something that was specifically bred for within Aelinon's military. After he was done, Veris opened his mouth and let Angora roll out, followed by him slowly picking himself up and moving towards the gate of his enclosure, signalling he wanted to go outside. He still had some hunting instinct, though it was significantly dull, and he didn't care nearly as much about whether he actually got a kill.

News of Sergeant Farlo would, naturally, spread very quickly, and Seraos would have received it within hours. Though he wanted the centaur brought to him as soon as possible, he realized that such a thing wouldn't be feasible, with centaurs probably being unable to ride wyverns. Wyverns could, of course, handle the weight, but actually fitting the centaur on them was not something that was likely to happen.
Instead, he gave the order for Farlo (or, the centaur he assumed was Farlo) to be routed to one of the nearer, more backwater forts once the order was received, where he would prepare a ride to on wyvernback. The sooner this mess could be sorted out, the better.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#942 Posted: 06:11:16 23/02/2021
Angora understood him and opened the gate, though she would’ve preferred if he had just talked to her. The other wyverns could feel something was wrong from their own enclosures. The two of them didn’t have the same dynamic they had before. The attacks on Angora were far less often than before, making the troll wonder if Veris threatened them somehow. While she never lowered her guard nonetheless and was glad for the rarer attacks, she didn’t want him hating his companions for someone like her.

Sergeant Farlo was making news quickly. While there was never any evidence of centaurs going extinct, it was still a rare sight. Many believed they, along with other creatures, still existed somewhere, and his presence was living proof of it. He soon got the king’s orders about the meeting place, and after the merfolk warriors explaining to him why couldn’t they meet at the palace, he understood the wyvern issue.
“That’s all? Wyverns? Hmm, so those are the creatures you use for transport. Heh, it’s no issue. If your king has a deadline, I can keep up.” Sergeant Farlo assured, almost with some cockiness. The merfolks agreed that taking him by wyvern would be too hard, but if he could run as fast as a wyvern could fly, it would be perfect. The warriors could keep an eye on the centaur from the sky. After a while, they found to their surprise that Farlo indeed could run as fast as their wyverns could fly, but only because the wind was against them this time. Still, it seems the centaur truly believed his speed was on par with their actual velocity. Nevertheless, it was likewise an impressive feat. He wasn’t showing any signs of fatigue. They readied their spears and kept an eye on him just in case, but Farlo already had a goal in mind, so there was little to no risk of him running away or try to attack...

Draikon was so inside his lab that news about the centaur still hasn’t reached him yet. He hasn’t gotten his morning paper yet, since it stopped the prints in order to update the news about the centaur. The old scientist had too much in his mind. The satyr girl, Shade, the minotaurs, and lately, Angora also, who could be dead by now if she has been stupid enough to let Veris know she would be leaving...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:34:37 23/02/2021 by Felines
#943 Posted: 07:51:49 23/02/2021 | Topic Creator
As the two were leaving, Veris didn't seem to have any of the usual haste he had before. He only cared to go outside to satisfy his need to hunt and exercise. As they were on their way out, one of the caretakers came back in with a wyvern who just had some exercise.
The other wyvern appeared to be in a rather good mood after its trip. It was a bigger wyvern, though not as big as Veris, and it showed more aggression and less fear than other wyverns did. Such a thing, combined with its seemingly stronger prey drive, would lead to it snapping at Angora as soon as it saw her, without much thinking it.
With resentment having fomented for weeks, that was all the impetus Veris needed to lunge.
Veris took his opponent by surprise, and the other wyvern was initially disoriented as Veris struck with his fangs and the claws on his forelimbs. In its struggle it wildly swung its tail and forelimbs at Veris, knocking loose some scales.
The fight only escalated from there. The other caretaker, though not the most experienced, was able to recognize a key aspect of the behavior - this wasn't just some scrap over some resource or to enforce the pecking order or the like. This was how a wyvern looked when it was protecting its family, or its downed rider. Veris was attacking with the intent to kill. "No, wait! What are you doing?! Stop!" he begged Veris in vain, as the attack continued. The other wyvern wasn't weak, and Veris took some blows and cuts, but he was proving to be the dominant fighter.
Veris didn't care. The wyvern was brazen enough to try to eat Angora in front of him. That was a threat to her - and a threat to his own caretaker had to be answered. Angora was leaving because she felt threatened, which obviously meant that he was failing to protect her. Even if nothing would change, he had to fulfill the obligation he still had. This wyvern was taking what was his... and he would not stand for it.
The other caretaker, panicking for a few moments, ran, in order to sound the alarm on what was happening. There was always a contingency plan for this sort of event - after all, male wyverns kept together were bound to fight, though few expected them to be this aggressive.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#944 Posted: 08:36:24 23/02/2021
Angora fell back when the exercised wyvern lunged at her, never having expected any of the beasts to attack her right in front of Veris. She always lowered her guard when he was present. In the five years working there, none ever dared to do such a thing right under his snout. The beast would’ve grabbed a limb at best if Veris hasn’t interfered. The shock made her vision a blur for a few seconds before she realized what was going on. As the panicked caretaker sounded the alarm, Angora was left in a desperate situation. She fell back to Veris’ enclosure, and the two wyverns fighting were blocking the exit. She almost went to try climbing Veris to calm him down, but only managed to narrowly avoid being sliced off by his swinging tail. Trying to get into the fight personally would almost be like trying to get into meat grinder.
“Veris! VERIS! Knock it off! VERIS! STOP! PLEASE!” Angora screamed, begging for desist. The other wyvern put up a good fight, but it was clear who was being the winner. And yet Veris didn’t stop. He kept going. Was he really trying to kill one of his own?

Angora didn’t know many spell, and the only successful one was the shield, both surrounding her and at a distance. She tried the latter, but she was too exhausted from her section with Veris. Plus the wyverns were moving too much. She didn’t know where to aim. She wanted to create a shield between them, but she couldn’t. The alarm sounded, and Angora had enough experience to know what came next. She fell on her knees, feeling helpless and guilty that Veris felt the need to defend her and get himself and one of his companions so severely injured.
“Veris! Please stop!” she begged once more, but there was nothing else she could do. She had to wait until the fight was stopped by Guardian means...
---
#945 Posted: 10:28:42 23/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Despite her best efforts, Veris was deaf to Angora's pleas - all he could focus on at the moment was eliminating the threat to his own. This wyvern decided to challenge him with such a move and attack someone so close to him? They dared to try to take her away from him, right in front of him? Between blind rage and protective instinct, Veris was only concerned with the fight at hand. He suffered some injuries, but his foe was worse off.
The other caretakers that were in the area could only watch, not wanting to get themselves hurt by intervening. One left to get an antivenom, seeing as Veris had gotten a solid bite in the opposing wyvern at least once.
Veris had the other wyvern pinned and was trying to force his way to his opponent's neck (whether it be by bite or claw) when several of the more experienced Ascended Guardians arrived, activating the spell in the runes of the room. Quickly, the room humidified and drastically cooled down. Veris, previously raging, was rapidly becoming lethargic. As that happened, and his body settled down, he thought about what he was doing, and soon pulled back himself without having to be forced off by the rest of the Guardians.
Immediately after he did so, several of the Guardians immediately came to check on the wyvern, with some others looking Veris over as he (and the other wyverns in the room) shivered. The other wyvern was severely injured, having many deep claw marks, bruises, and a broken forelimb with a tear in the respective wing membrane. Veris had several visible but minor injuries, but all of his would heal even without intervention.
As the room warmed up once again, the examiners were able to provide a prognosis. "Well... he's not going to die if we treat those wounds, at least," one said, loud enough for all the curious around to hear. "Quite a bit of bleeding, but nothing arterial, so we shouldn't have to worry about exsanguination. The Tree of Vitality can help, of course... but wounds that severe don't just get instantly treated by magic. You there. Good, quick thinking with the antivenom. We'll need that. We just need to treat everything... and see how our friend heals from there. Though we can probably fix it, there's a chance the wing won't ever heal properly. Only time will tell."
Veris, paying his wounds no mind, could only slump and think of what Angora had said before - about how he wasn't like the other wyverns, and could control his instincts. Even that wasn't true. In the end, his caretakers worked the same way theirs did... and he was just a mindless monster like they were. He had advantages over other wyverns - but he was foolish for eventually leading himself to believe that his life was going to be different. As some mentioned the name of his human and mentioned his impending arrival, he wanted to hide himself. He had failed in so many ways... he felt his human should leave him just like Angora decided to because he was lacking.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#946 Posted: 10:59:43 23/02/2021
As the fight finally came to an end, Angora could only grovel to cover her face, crying like she hasn’t done so in a very long time. Was that wyvern going to die? Or never going to fly again? Was Veris too injured? What will Sere say?
“I tried stopping... them... I... really did...” she said between sniffles, though not addressing to somebody in particular. Once she looked at the calmer Veris, she lowered her head again, rubbing her eyes. She didn’t want him to see her sob this badly. Why did this had to happen? Why was that wyvern stupid enough to attack her right in front of the giant, deadly Veris? This... this is what she has been afraid of. Another friend, injured and possibly in trouble now because of her. Because of their need to protect her. Was she doomed to bring trouble and misery to everyone she befriended?

Things were uneventful in Risar’s ship. They have covered a lot of sea. Maverick wasn’t as popular with his cooking here as he was in the Enduring Legacy. While the horned crew did eat what he cooked, they preferred their official cook’s meals. Perhaps minotaur’s palate was just too different. At least he tried, and that would mean one less chore for him. He still wished he could befriend Huntress, but no luck yet. He really missed his family and friends back home, but hopefully soon, he’ll see them again. He felt a brief pain in his chest at that very moment, but it was gone in no time afterwards. Homesickness maybe? Still, he tried resisting showing any signs of it so that Leoquin wouldn’t feel guilty about the voyage.
---
#947 Posted: 09:27:56 25/02/2021
Although things were visibly uneventful to most on the decks and in the hallways of the Raging Serpent-- things were much less peaceful in the ship's VIP cabin, the room that currently contained the sleeping Raclaw. The Fur Dragon, despite how peaceful the outer world was, was having a nightmare and was visibly shaking. The dragon was unfortunately somewhat prone to nightmares that, although only occasional in occurrence, often went back to his past.. to moments he wasn't proud of or moments that tormented him. And thanks to his somewhat eidetic memory, he remembered such moments well.

A flashback appeared to play out in Raclaw's mind. -- Two Fur Dragons stood across from one another in an valley of trees and berry bushes. One looked like Raclaw and was audibly taunting the other, as it shook violently on the ground. "Oh look-- the fearsome dragon who can't hunt ate the wrong berry and couldn't take the poison. What a shock. You were what... trained to hunt once and sent off on your merry way. You could barely harm a fly with those pathetic claws of yours. And your fire! You can what... light a candle? You know most dragons can at least kill something their own size..." the twisted voice taunted. The Raclaw on the ground continued to shake violently as rashes and blisters began to form. The trees began to turn purple and began to laugh. "HAHAHAHA! HAHAHA! HA! HA! HA! The dragon who can't hunt, the dragon who can't kill, the dragon who must.. BEG FOR FOOD despite somehow managing to get himself released!," the voice taunted again this time coming from all around him. "You're a dog! You're a dog who begged for release and who will one day have to beg to be leashed! Why do you think they kept your collar on? Why do you think they waited so long before they let you run without the sound of a bell constantly reminding you of your place?! Because you deserve it! Because.. oh look, you're changing colors. I didn't know or rather you didn't know you could turn green. Green with envy, aA? At least you have a sense of irony!," the voice taunted. Another voice could be heard, this time of a human.. a hunter in the area? "Oh my god! Are you okay? Wait.. what are you? Nevermind, just hang on...," the new voice spoke. Once again, he needed the help of humans to get of a stick situation. -- Raclaw's shaking slowed down as his past self was calmed down in the flashback.

---

Meanwhile in the Guardian base.. the natural temperatures were colder than usual, although not by an extreme degree. The egg, guarded by the ever faithful Sozen slow began to show signs of life; it moved ever so slightly although not to a extreme degree. A slight humming noise could briefly be heard in the ice eagle's mind as it moved. If one were telepathic to an above average degree, one could almost swear that it came from the egg.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:31:40 25/02/2021 by redwes
#948 Posted: 03:17:48 26/02/2021
While Angora was having a hard time at the base and Sergeant Farlo ran to meet the king, an onocentaur sentry was keeping watch on a small hill back on Myth Island. Ever since the siren boy’s return, several sentries has kept watch on nearly every corner of the island, or at least the part where they lived. The wyverns that flown nearby not too long ago managed to remain undetected thanks to the distance and the clouds, but the same couldn’t be said to what appeared to be a mast. It was a ship no doubt. None of those have ever landed in their beloved island, but knew enough about them from the people they have rescued. The onocentaur sounded the alarm, showing what he was seeing. Many of the creatures demanded to leave, or at the very least disappear for a while and watch from a distance to wait for the strangers to leave if they by any chance find their home. They were growing desperate, and believing they were wasting too much time waiting for the gargoyles. The nymph leading them managed to keep the peace, but did order for most of them to be ready to hide in the wilderness nearby so that they wouldn’t see their high numbers and by any chance start to consider them a threat. The volcano’s mist made the island hardly visible from a distance and gave the appearance of a cloud, but the volcano itself was so tall it could be a dead giveaway that there was something there. The Ishulgite’s storms didn’t exist anymore, so they were more exposed. They had to prepare for the worst...
---
#949 Posted: 08:03:21 26/02/2021
Sozen was taking a nap when the egg started to move and hum. He looked around for a moment as he awoke. “Huh? Is someone there?” He then looked down on the egg he was protecting and saw it move ever so slightly. “Oh you are alive. And a wriggler.” He chuckled as he brought some warm bedding around it to keep it secure. “Don’t worry you don’t one I’ll protect you.”
---
SC
#950 Posted: 04:23:23 27/02/2021 | Topic Creator
While Latnok was sleeping, the emotions from Raclaw's own dream manifested as a tumultuous battle. Such a thing, however, was nothing particularly new to him; conflict was, naturally, something he would never truly lose familiarity with. As the tension in Raclaw's own dream subsided, so, too, did the onslaught of monsters Latnok faced.

Angora's expressions of regret and commiseration would last a short while before suddenly being interrupted. "This is not your fault, Angora... do not worry," a telepathic voice said. Turning around, Sere would be visible, approaching Angora.
"This is my fault," Sere admitted, maintaining telepathy to keep the conversation from Veris.. "Do not worry about explaining; I have already been briefed. I knew the situation... but I had accepted it, for the mere fact that wyvern caretaking naturally has risks for anyone. I knew Veris growing too strong a bond with you was not ideal, but I underestimated how much trouble Veris could have adapting. If you wish to leave now... I would understand. If you do not feel like coming back when you leve, then I will not stop you. I am sorry I've let it come to this..." Sere's usual confidence was lacking, with events having played out more catastrophically than he had imagine.
Veris, upon seeing his rider, withdrew even more. His human didn't deserve a bad wyvern like him. Though he didn't know many details, he knew that, in other places at least, wyverns that couldn't be controlled were "put down" - would that happen to him? Did that mean he wouldn't be able to "go up" anymore - by flying, maybe?
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 19 of 28 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 27 28

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me