Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
First | Previous | Page 11 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The Legend of Orion: Dawn of a New Legacy [Private]
redwes Platinum Sparx Gems: 6296
#501 Posted: 04:02:58 16/09/2020
"Well-- that's settled now.," Raclaw said the ball having been passed along metaphorically speaking. "Are you okay?," Chester asked sensing some regret or sadness in the Fur Dragon's tone. "Yeah, I'll be alright. You know-- you and Latnok have proved more loyal than any dragon. I.. I hope you know that.," he then said with a somewhat sad-but-gentle smile looking at the only two companions who had never left him; he could never imagine he and Latnok/Chester ever separating. He offered another smile at the Beagle and subtle engraving etched into the small canine's collar. "Man and dragon's best friend--," it had certainly applied to Chester and the love he shared equally to both he and Latnok. And yet.. no wild dragon seemed to be able to understand that that very same concept could apply to dragons as well. You would think he were betraying his own kind just by thinking of working with a human. And meanwhile, the humans themselves were slowly starting to understand that concept. Neither being a pet or being a 'canine-like individual' made him any less of a dragon.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 9342
#502 Posted: 04:26:30 16/09/2020
Throughout this time, Draikon left the secret room and returned to the lab, feeding the sprites he kept and making a list on what he planned to do tomorrow. He combed his hair and five o clock beard obsessively afterwards. He almost couldn't believe how late it was. At the same time, near a friendly neighborhood, a wyvern was landing. Alana managed to spot the silhouette, which was just a couple of miles away. Using the small binoculars her father gifted her last birthday and that she usually kept with her, she managed to see the wyvern... and... Angora?
"Tyrus! Tyrus! Come check it out! I think that's Angora. She arrived on a wyvern. Man she's lucky!" Alana said with jealousy, Angora being able to ride a wyvern almost every day. And if it was true what Maverick's mute friend signaled, she was also friends with the behemoths. Couldn't she get any cooler? A troll very small in size, who had magic, could befriend giants and was close to Orion the main deity. How come nobody has written a story about her?

Huntress was ready for a long sleep, intending to get up first thing in the morning to follow up any clues about the dragon, unaware that someone already beat her to it. But while she prepared to rest, the merman was busy removing all the bounty papers he placed. It was a poor move of his part and not knowing Huntress wasn't the only one who saw it. A dragon bigger than the Scourge of Redwater would get too much attention. Thankfully, no Aelinonian guard seemed to notice the adds, so once he manages to remove them all, he was going to burn them. The dragon hated him now, although he couldn't really blame him. The beast didn't act evil. Quite the contrary. The merman warrior's code was to protect Aelinon and it's citizens at all costs and be helpful and grateful to your companions, for they save your life as much as you save them. You owe each other. The dragon did saved him and his companions, but at the same time could be a threat to Aelinon in the near future. How would the saying apply in a time like this? He would violate one part if he followed the other. What to do...?
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 6475
#503 Posted: 04:57:19 16/09/2020
Orion saw this merman and used his telepathic ability to show the crimson dragon there are good humans. “Please I wouldn’t be trying this hard to protect you if I didn’t care. I failed to protect dragon kind once. I won’t give up now. Please just listen to this one human and fur dragon. They helped the black dragon known as the Scourge of Redwater keep his life.” Orion said as he pleaded with the dragon. “Please.”
---
SC
#504 Posted: 05:32:43 16/09/2020
But there was no answer. The crimson dragon had a new form now, one that couldn't hear what Orion was saying. There was a good reason why this particular shapeshifter has avoided detection for so long. Ironically, due to a heroic act, he was under the radar now, and his peace, his freedom, was all in jeopardy because of one good deed. While he wanted to regret saving them, the circumstances in that very moment were too extraordinary to ignore.

After getting off the wyvern, Angora headed to Maverick's house. But it was empty.
"Nobody home? Heh, well how about that? Here I am promising I will arrive before nightfall and none of them can do that." she said to herself, though it was more of a casual comment than actual annoyance. She was expecting at least Ilasi to be home by now. The children had to be out of school already, so they were likely with the neighbor. But she would wait for them to come when they were ready. Afterwards, Angora used a spare key Maverick gave her and opened the door to the house, immediately grabbing a snack and lying down in the couch after remembering her room belonged to Leoquin for the time being. Good thing the couch was so comfortable too. It was an incredibly long day, and Angora was looking forward to do nothing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:57:50 17/09/2020 by Felines
A Guy Gold Sparx Gems: 2864
#505 Posted: 05:53:53 16/09/2020 | Topic Creator
So Angora flew back? Tyrus wondered where she might've gone today, that she needed to be flown back. "Mom says she knows a guy who can get us a ride on a wyvern if we're good enough! Do you think that's true?" he asked, more to put the thought out there than for an actual expectation of an informed answer. Angora seemed to always have all the fun rides - Tyrus wanted to give one of the more exotic creatures a try for once.

Not too far, however, Ilasi would be coming home. She had a few of her personal bags full, mostly filled with goods from her shopping trip.
She opened the door to find Angora already waiting for her. "Good evening, Angora," she greeted, as she set the bags - all quite weighty - down on the kitchen counter. She had really been out much longer than she had anticipated. Maybe she got a little too carried away - but there were some rather exotic ingredients in the market that weren't normally there. Apparently, the traders came in with many of the people who were at the fair, which Ilasi didn't even realize was in town.
First things first, though. She had to get some food prepared for her guest.

Latnok knew exactly what Raclaw was feeling, and not just because of their shared connection. "Most humans want absolutely nothing to do with me unless they need something from me," he shared. "Yet you two have been my most staunch allies, with only the other Guardians being comparable. That means more to me than most could ever imagine - the fact is, a man's worth is typically judged by what he achieves. You are living proof that there are those who care about not only what I do, but about me, the person. And that is more than I can expect from anyone else."

The Guardians were typically very quick in action, and this time was no different. Several trackers and hellhounds were already out at the swamp, using information provided by Latnok to find the initial trail.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:01:44 16/09/2020 by A Guy
#506 Posted: 06:33:53 16/09/2020
"I knew you were a good person not long after I set sight on you.. it was a gut feeling, you know? And after we began to work together, after you accepted my collar, and after you even agreed to take me in on a permanent basis-- you only confirmed that gut feeling time and time again. Your actions helped, but it was that gut feeling that made me want to choose you. It wasn't the food or the protection or even the roof over my head that made me continue to want to be with you, but it was simply.. you, the person inside you. I could've chosen anyone, I could've chosen a wild mistress over you-- but I saw something in you. I looked at you and something told me that we.. we both needed each other. We complement each other, we help each other, and without you-- I would never feel whole again. I mean that.," Raclaw responded looking up at Latnok with a look not unlike that of a loyal dog to its loving and loyal human master. Their friendship was no originary friendship and their bond was no originary bond; the 'relationship' that a companion/mount/pet had to its friend/rider/owner was something special indeed. And their unique circumstances had only made that unique relationship even more unique.
---
#507 Posted: 20:20:37 16/09/2020
Angora had wanted some time alone, but was still glad for the company.
"Oh. Hello. I see it was a busy day for you as well." she said teasingly after looking at her bags, feeling quite envious of her for having a husband that took such exceptional care of her. How Angora wished she could have someone of her own like that, someone to take care of her instead of the other way around for a change. Maverick was a good friend, but with his own family, his time was more compromised than ever before.

Alana answered her brother.
"It has to be. I don't think they would lie to us about that. Besides, Angora works as a wyvern caretaker, so we could get permission from her." Alana stated, in turn jealous of Angora for all the cool things she got to do. Another glance at her house and Alana could see her mother arriving.
"Look Tyrus. Mom's there too. She just arrived. Haha, they arrived almost at the same time." she commented, believing Angora and her mom were such good friends they thought alike in many things.
---
#508 Posted: 04:53:46 17/09/2020 | Topic Creator
The children had all had a most joyous time playing with Sozen, and those who didn't get to meet him were soon longing for the chance. The caretakers didn't promise them anything, however, on account of not wanting to force Sozen to do anything in order to allow him to pace himself during his own healing.

Tyrus was pulled away from his daydreaming by Alana's alert, being ready to come home. They arrived to the smell of cooking food, and several new toys - a mix between some foreign dolls and clockwork figures - were laid out for them to easily spot. Their mother was home - and Angora was as well - but their father still wasn't.
Tyrus immediately came to his mother. "Hello, Mom!" he enthusiastically greeted. "Where's Dad?"
"Oh, Dad? He's been busy with Leoquin and some other business today," Ilasi answered, being deliberately vague. "I don't know when they will get back, but they should be here before nightfall." Was Huntress really sick enough to drag their beautiful children into Maverick's past?

With all of the business settled, it was time to return to the Salvation House. "I think it's time we get some more grub in our bellies, wouldn't you agree?" he said. "I'll prepare something nice for you two, and then it's a bath for Chester once he's done. Remember, we have to rendezvous with Maverick and Leoquin tomorrow to have a talk with the warden about meeting one of the Ishulgite prisoners."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#509 Posted: 05:09:12 17/09/2020
"Agreed-- and I remember.," Raclaw said briefly rubbing again Latnok before following. Chester offered a slight frown upon the mention of a bath but didn't verbally complain having grown used to them and water in general. The little dog then proceeded to jump onto Raclaw, accidentally or perhaps not accidentally splashing a small amount of mud onto the Fur Dragon. "Yes-- food sounds good!," Chester barked offering his version of smile to both Latnok and Raclaw. The Ishulgite prisoners no doubt wouldn't find Raclaw 'cute' once he began to mess with their minds, but that was the nature of his job. A powerful mind under an adorable lovable fluffy package; and hopefully it wouldn't even come to that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:42 17/09/2020 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 6475
#510 Posted: 05:43:39 17/09/2020
“It’s time to leave children. I’ll see you tomorrow. For now I must rest.” Sozen said. It was fun playing with the children and giving them a little history of his kind. “I’ll tell more stories tomorrow.
---
SC
#511 Posted: 06:24:56 17/09/2020
Alana had stuffed herself with their old neighbor's cooking earlier, immediately checking the toys her mother brought after giving a brief greeting to Angora. The little troll rubbed her eyes, figuring her attention would be quickly distracted with so many little trinkets. Angora was curious too, but was very hungry, so she happily accepted Ilasi's meal. She wanted to sleep early today, but decided to wait for Maverick, not to mention that she won't be able to sleep with the living room full.

From mission to fun is how Maverick and Leoquin's day went. The blue sky was soon greeted by a pretty orange light and a few stars showing up. The fair was beginning to close.
"Increíble. Can't believe it's this late. We should head off for today señor Leoquin. We got a great lead and we got to have fun. I'd say it was a great day. Let's go home now." Maverick suggested, missing the fair already but at the same time glad it closed in time. He apologized to Dahlia once they got her, knowing he promised to get her soon and broke it. The dirt buffalo forgave him fast, and both headed to their destination, with Maverick remembering they had a prisoner to talk to tomorrow but wondering if it was necessary now that they had a huge lead. He just hated the idea of visiting one of those prisons, especially since he was in one when Laszur captured him, but a fortune teller wasn't enough. They had to get everything they could. For now, it was time to get home, give Dahlia a good meal and refreshment, have a nice meal himself and sleep the night away at the company of family and beloved friends. Little did he or Leoquin knew that they were followed by the fortune teller, using the still night to hide...
---
#512 Posted: 22:50:35 17/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Maverick had to get going to his family, but Leoquin decided to search for Risar. With any luck, the minotaur would be on board with their plans - it was a rather ambitious goal, but there was potentially much to be discovered, and Risar certainly didn't seem like the type to pass up the opportunity. It was just a matter of meeting him at his usual haunt.

Some of the children groaned, but the older ones were easily able to accept Sozen needing a break. The caretaker eventually called everyone back for their evening meal, leaving Sozen to rest. Someone would bring his own food later according to what he required.

After preparing the meals for his friends as promised, and giving Chester a much-needed bath (despite his potential displeasure), Latnok was ready to hit the sack. He himself didn't necessarily need as much sleep as his companions to function, though he certainly did appreciate taking advantage of that luxury when he wanted to. He was ready to head out now. As he prepared to go to sleep, he wondered - just what would happen with that dragon?

Latnok's predictions were indeed correctly - there were already several of Aelinon's patrols throughout the swamp, as well as some Guardians on high alert. The swamp, at this point, was essentially under total surveillance.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#513 Posted: 23:32:15 17/09/2020
Maverick returned home after putting Dahlia in her pen, hugging his children, kissing Ilasi and then hugging Angora as well. She was family after all, and he knew she sometimes felt left out, so he always made sure to pay much attention to her even at the risk of Ilasi getting a little bit jealous. The children didn't mind, so they were less prone to it, especially since Angora wasn't in their lives for three whole weeks each time.
"Where's Leoquin?" the little troll asked.
"Oh, he decided to search for señor Risar. I suggested tomorrow, but he couldn't wait." he explained, understanding his position. It was his family in the line, so naturally, he couldn't wait. He would've done the same in his position. Now that he was home, Maverick decided to tell their plans.
"Might as well tell you, we're going on a voyage soon to search for his family. I offered to help him so that he wouldn't feel too alone." Maverick confessed, and while Alana was exited, Angora was worried.
"Another voyage? Seriously? I thought you were done with the sea." she complained.
"Well, sí, but this for señor Leoquin. For his family. Su familia. He has gone through many years without knowing what happened to them, but after much research today, we have a lead, and we will follow it. Of course, that would mean leaving the job for a while, so I hope you don't mind mi amor. There's plenty of money in the bank for you and the children that would last for months, although I intend to return in just a couple of weeks." Maverick explained to Ilasi, knowing she wasn't going to like it, but at least they wouldn't have any money troubles for a long while. He has made sure to save up ever since starting the job.
"Oooh, a voyage? That sounds fun! Daddy, can we go?" Alana asked enthusiastically before letting her mother answer, wanting to go wherever her father went.
"No way Alana! This is still a school month. You're not going to leave your education. Besides, I will return very soon." Maverick replied, much to her overwhelming disappointed. How she wished the voyage could've been during Spring Break or summer, but even if it was, Maverick wasn't going to let her come. The archipelago didn't have the treacherous storms from years ago, but it still had other kinds of danger. Angora was also disappointed, but for very different reasons, leaving Maverick to console her too.

Neither the Guardians nor the Aelinonian soldiers had to worry about the dragon showing up in Zandar Swamp for a while, for the beast knew better than to show his face where he knew he was wanted. He was under a new form now, a form nobody would suspect and that didn't draw attention. He wanted so badly to kill the ungrateful merman that put a bounty on his head, and if he could, also make the furry dragon's blood run cold, but right now, he knew he had to lay low, for months if necessary.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:42 17/09/2020 by Felines
#514 Posted: 00:01:33 18/09/2020
Raclaw and a now freshened up Chester were soon asleep; the former's job indeed demanded much of it. The life of a mount had its perks, included but not limited to an ample source of exercise to no doubt keep one's wings fit for flight for a long time to come. As for Leoquin's search for Risar, the merman would catch the sight of the large minotaur about to enter an abode followed by a smaller almost child-sized dragon.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:38 18/09/2020 by redwes
#515 Posted: 02:23:46 18/09/2020
Unable to sleep, Draikon once again headed to the entrance of the tunnel, only this time was to plant some special seeds that didn't need sunlight to grow. He had been wanting to do this for a while, but was always too busy with other things that he either forgot or postponed it. Right now, with the lack of sleep and time to spare, he took the opportunity to do so. Huntress was already alseep, thinking of tracking the dragon a bit more tomorrow, but not intending to keep it on for far too long after all the time she wasted chasing after another supposed dragon.

At Myth Island, Sergeant Farlo had a lot on his mind. One of his dearest friend, a nymph with great leadership skills, approached him. Nymphs were rare on the island. While camouflaging with nature was still in their genes, they didn't need it here, and unlike their ancestors, they didn't dance to satyr music. Much has changed.
"Still thinking about that dragon, aren't you?" she asked, knowing her friend too well.
"It's just... I can't stop thinking about that moment. The way the dragon looked at me. It wasn't a malicious glare. It was... happiness? I don't even know how to describe the emotion, but... I think he was there specifically to save me. I've known General Lyon for a while, and while he has honor, he is too loyal to Aelinon. If he tells the king about the dragon, he'll be a goner for sure." the distressed centaur said, knowing that regardless of actions, dragons were just too despised by Aelinonians, perhaps even more so than other creatures like trolls and orcs, and after what the Scourge of Redwater did, he doubted very much they would change their views anytime soon. Finding peace among humans was a mission they've had for decades, and if they, who have done nothing to them, were win danger from them, dragons even more so. The nymph understood her friend's concern, and wished she could do something...
---
#516 Posted: 03:11:35 19/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Though Ilasi wanted Leoquin to find his family again, was Maverick leaeving really necessary? What would happen with Huntress while he was gone? The voyage should be safer... "should" being the operative word.
'Maverick, I don't... well, I understand..." she acquiesced. She couldn't control Maverick forever - and certainly couldn't deny him the right to help a friend find his own family while she could take care of theirs. "I'm sure thinks will work out. Just don't do anything too reckless out there... or untoward. We can talk about more of the details later."
Tyrus let out a short groan, but it wouldn't have been the first time his father was out on business. The significance of this particular voyage had not registered due to his lack of direct familiarity, though he could tell by his mother's reaction that he would probably be out for a bit longer than usual.
With that, it was time for everyone to go to bed. Leoquin wouldn't be back until the next morning, not wishing to disturb the family due to his potentially long visit to Risar.

Latnok slept rather pleasantly for many hours, arising about an hour after first light. His companions would likely be getting up soon as well; it was very much a routine by now. he would make sure their breakfast was prepared before then.
Maverick and Leoquin would be arriving later. Hopefully they wouldn't keep him waiting - he was doing them a favor, after all. He wanted to get back to the Guardian headquarters in order to check on Sozen - who, he hoped, was getting along fine with the caretakers. Hopefully the children weren't harassing him, at least.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#517 Posted: 05:17:50 19/09/2020
Maverick understood her concern perfectly.
"No te preocupes mi amor. I'll be very careful. I will be with señor Leoquin and an entire crew of big, strong minotaur sailors that have plenty of experience at sea." he assured, knowing that now more than ever, he had to make sure he would return home safe. Not only would he have a lot of friends, but he had his magic cancelling medallions and a bit leftover power from Orion back when they battled the Ishulgites. When everyone was done eating, it was time to leave the exhausted Angora to sleep on the sofa.
"Alright everyone. Time to sleep. Niños, if you already did your homework, better get some rest. He suggested, Alana leading her brother to their room while Maverick went with his wife and Leoquin to the private room that was usually Angora's. The little troll almost cried herself to sleep that night, thinking that Shade could be executed at any moment. What if Sere forgot to deliver that letter? Or was too busy to do so? Why did life had to be so hard, especially for creatures like them? Even though it was a struggle, she managed to sleep, hoping her slumber was peaceful despite everything.

But she was wrong. For tonight, she 'woke up' in an ethereal place, brown and black all over, and an eerie mist. From the shadows, there was something watching her. But it wasn't a behemoth. It wasn't a wyvern. Not even her old fear, the manticore. It was... it was...
"Xhanthi. It has been so long! Look at you! You haven't changed at all! Still the same, microscopic thing." a voice said. It was... her mother. Both of her parents were at a dining table, and the last chair was for her.
"THAT IS NOT MY NAME ANYMORE!" Angora yelled furiously, wanting to forget her despicable troll name. It brought back too many memories of her miserable past life.
"Ah right. It's... Angora now. Not any better, but you made your bed, so sleep in it." her father said mockingly, inviting her to the last chair. She took a while, but Angora sat eventually.
"So... my parents. The ones that they were suppose to protect me. The ones who were suppose to take care of me. The ones who were SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME!" Angora yelled, waiting years to vent that way. Her parents were speaking differently. Not with pauses or grunts like trolls usually did, but she figured it was to understand them better.
"Still upset because we wanted to eat you? Xha... Angora darling, you really shouldn't take it personally. In troll society, if you are born too different, you have to die. It's just not right to let those who are too different to keep living and make our clan look weak. We're attacked enough as it is to let our enemies think we take pity on the weaklings." her mother explained patiently, with Angora scratching the table in anger.
"Don't take it personally? You wanted to kill me! My own parents! How is that NOT personal!?" she reprimanded.
"Sweetheart, you must understand. It's a rule. It's in our nature. Of course, your stupid brother just had to go and warn you. Quite a miracle you're still alive after all this time." her father said, but Angora was having none of it.
"Exactly! I'm alive! I have a job! I have friend! And a family that treats me better than you! And look at you now!" Angora said, almost mockingly herself.
"Aww. Look at that my love. Such a little fantasy." her father said, but before Angora could counterattack his argument, he spoke again.
"Sweetie, how long you can keep this charade? Look at you. What has become of your life? A servant to a wyvern, a stooge for a behemoth, the object of ridicule for many humans, and a comfort blanket for a bipedal mongrel who feels better by doing good deeds." his father said, referring to Maverick.
"You leave HIM out of this! Veris loves me! The behemoth respects me! And Maverick is family!" Angora explained, but the parents just shook their heads.
"My poor daughter. So delusional. So desperate. You think the wyvern would still care for you if you didn't pamper him so much? Go ahead. Tell him you are quitting your job. Tell him you might not see him again. See how much he loves you then." her mother said, and now the dad wanted to talk.
"What will you bet my love? I say the beast will eat her as soon as she tell him." he said.
"Nah. He's much too smart for that. He'll wait for the contract to be over before chomping. He'll want use her until the end after all." the mother said, and they closed the bet. Angora was beyond furious now.
"NOW YOU LISTEN, HE WILL NEVER HURT ME NO MATTER..." she started to say when she was interrupted again.
"And what about the behemoth? Haha, if they gave him the chance or if Angora starts being boring, he wouldn't give a second thought about having a little snack." the troll father said.
"And the poor darling still thinks she has friends. And how about the black dragon? Not even the 'power of love' was enough for him to have enough willpower to prevent that tragedy for happening. Look how much misery he's still causing to his so called friends." the female said to her husband.
"And the mongrel is the funniest of them all. Angora sweetie, do you really think he would be friends with you if he had been pure human? The poor dummie is half faun. A species that got extinct because of their stupid kindness." he finished, with Angora just about ready to explode. She wanted to tell them off so badly... but couldn't. She fell silent all of the sudden. As ridiculous as it sounded, many of the things they were saying made sense. But... it can't be... couldn't be...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:26:51 19/09/2020 by Felines
First | Previous | Page 11 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me