Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders GUI Tool is BACK!
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#1 Posted: 22:43:57 21/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Got bored. Played the game, decided to update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyla...ersguitool_for/

If people want to send me figure ID lists it would be very nice! Some zipped up picture directories that work with the app would also be nice.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2 Posted: 10:35:05 17/03/2020
Quote: Pyrofer
Got bored. Played the game, decided to update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyla...ersguitool_for/

If people want to send me figure ID lists it would be very nice! Some zipped up picture directories that work with the app would also be nice.

i cant help but dont you have all the id's people send you the first time?.

its been 4 years since the last skylander game was released, this forum have pretty much died off, so i dont think you will get much help here.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:35:53 17/03/2020 by CountMoneyBone
#3 Posted: 23:59:01 18/03/2020 | Topic Creator
I never got all the IDs for imaginators, I have most now so updating slowly. Here is a link for a later version,

https://mega.nz/#!QdoSUYwQ!K7c...eCr76slfy4rjbdI
SassouBisbasou Green Sparx Gems: 271
#4 Posted: 07:26:46 27/03/2020
Pyrofer, it doesn't look like that, it's just a blank screen that doesn't tell you anything except the game and element, and the text overlaps when you scan anything. At least, for me it is.
---
Just found smilie , S1 smilie , Tiki Speaky and Arkeyan Crossbow at a car boot sale!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:27:39 27/03/2020 by SassouBisbasou
#5 Posted: 19:57:12 02/04/2020 | Topic Creator
https://mega.nz/file/hMgRDJrK#...lnEF7msteov4pIs

Latest version 4.1, loads of improvements including more support for the last 2 games.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#6 Posted: 23:28:46 02/04/2020
Maybe it was only happening to me but I think the program is not reading figure slots 5-16 as it stops working after the fourth Skylander and only starts working again at number seventeen.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
nitramm Red Sparx Gems: 59
#7 Posted: 17:32:20 09/05/2020
Thank you for updating the Tool. I hope more updates / features are coming.
scottehx Platinum Sparx Gems: 5815
#8 Posted: 17:51:09 17/05/2020
Great tool and makes keeping track of heroics so much easier.
I can't seem to get Quests to work, has this feature been implemented?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#9 Posted: 04:36:23 28/06/2020
Something odd I encountered, but my Spyro's Adventure Terrabite seems to be identified as a Drobit, also Spyro's Adventure. Thought I'd let you know.

Also, a couple questions. First, every time I read and/or save around 4 figures, the Portal stops reading any more figures until click 'Connect'. And my window seems a little smaller than the example on your site, making the elements rather cramped. Any suggestions?

One final thing: I love what work you've done here, and I love the new update so I can actually use it--the previous one didn't want to work with me. Would there be any way to find the keys used to access Skylanders' data to, say...modify them? I know you made it clear in your last thread that I could find them online, but with how old and buried that information is, I have no idea how to get to them. It's not necessary, but it could prove helpful.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
System2448 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#10 Posted: 07:03:20 04/07/2020
@Pyrofer

Did you ever figure out how to fix a creation crystal that was partially reset or "destroyed"? Basically, I performed a "Fix CRC" process on two crystals, with Auto save checked, in an attempt to resolve the checksum error that kept occurring every time they were read. I wanted to keep them as they were, and did not realize that the process would cause an issue for the game itself. Now, even though the tool still loads the same data, shows them as used, and still has their stats, the game itself says that "the figure appears to be corrupt" and the only option is to recover, which resets the crystal. I have dump files, normal and raw for both crystals, but writing them back to the crystal doesnt appear to fix it, since they were saved AFTER the fix crc was run....

The problem is these are two of my daughters I was just trying to backup so if she wanted to try something new she could, and ironically, in trying to secure a copy of the working crystal data, I might have just wiped all her work for these...

I know in the last thread someone else seemed to be able to get crystals working again once given the dmp files, so if having them helps you or anyone else knows how to make these work again, Id greatly appreciate the help.
#11 Posted: 20:59:23 14/07/2020
If you post the file somebody will probably be able to help.
---
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#12 Posted: 16:38:46 15/07/2020
First of all, thank you for this, Pyrofer, truly! Bearing in mind that in around 10-15 years the chips of our beloved figures will expire and we will have to replace them, this tool is just priceless! Thank you for this, honestly. I love also to have the chance of checking how much time have I played with each toy, a glitchy feature in TT, and absent in later games.

There're a couple of bugs in it I've just realised. In figures from Trap Masters onwards, the enemy kills count is always 0. There's also some minor errors, like hats that are wrongly named, but not much of a problem. I can't say anything about Quests since Swap Force is the only game I don't have, but Heroics seem to work fine.

However, crystals don't seem to work at all, not at least for me, and I've tried several times. The tool doesn't always read the crystals, and when it does, the only information showed is the class and the level, not even the usage time.

Hope to be usefull exposing these.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#13 Posted: 16:28:50 21/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Very sorry to hear you lost a couple crystals!
The "Fix CRC" error shouldn't be used on anything Imaginators. I might have to block that option for them.

It's Activisions fault, they put a complex encryption key on the figure and I believe part of that key data occupies the same area as the CRC from older games. Without a backed up save from before you did the "fix crc" there is little that can be done.

This key is very complex and nobody has worked out how to generate it. I doubt anybody is even trying at this point. The amount of work needed is huge and the benefit is quite frankly, small.

Can you send me the saved data dump from the corrupt figures?
I will have a look at how much has been overwritten. The CRC is only a few bytes long, so if that was the only part overwritten you can simply try every value in turn until it works... This would need automating on an emulator as there are 65 thousand possible combinations for just 2 bytes. That said, It's a lot easier than if the whole key was gone! (128 bytes or something).
Do you happen to remember any of the numbers that appeared at the bottom of the screen when the figure worked?
#14 Posted: 16:46:46 21/07/2020 | Topic Creator
I have updated the app now, this was quite a serious issue. Despite the fact I didn't expect people to fiddle with the "developer" menu, clearly I don't want a situation where people can do such damage to figures either!

The CRC Error will no longer appear for Imaginators in the app and trying to use the fix CRC menu will simply give a message this doesn't work on Imaginators.
Everybody that uses the app should update just to avoid the chance of accidentally causing such damage.
#15 Posted: 19:32:59 21/07/2020
The difference between the Imaginator Crystal checksum and the original Skylander checksum is very easy to work out once you look at all the actual data. smilie

I tested it and the problem that Fix CRC caused can be easily fixed.
---
#16 Posted: 19:46:11 21/07/2020 | Topic Creator
@dark52,
I assumed it had overwritten the encryption key in at least one place. Are you saying that isn't the case?
I am sure system2448 would be happy to restore his crystals.
If you want to PM me what you think happened I might be able to add a way to fix it into the app for him.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me