Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#101 Posted: 04:13:54 17/09/2019
After a while, Maverick got tired of rubbing, feeling his hands raw even though Veris' belly was quite smooth, perhaps even more so than Shade's. In many animals, the belly was the most vulnerable spot, and it seemed to be true for dragons too. This belly was surprisingly comfortable, and in it's current condition, it felt like a giant pillow. Maverick wasn't feeling as fearful as before, perhaps because he wasn't alone with Beris. Even so, he knew the wyvern never meant him any harm, especially well fed, so he might as well try to treat him as a smaller, more prone to hunger Shade.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade giggled as she kicked his claw. “Oh come on now I’m just playing.”

"Yes. Playing." she said sarcastically with a raised eyebrow, think on what was the best prank she could pull on him later. She was quite small and easy to miss, especially by someone as big as Shade, so perhaps there was something she could do later. For now, Angora settled with climbing his neck, pretending to do a servicial lock tl choke him. It looked silly given the size difference, but Angora had normal troll strength even with her condition, so she wasn't using all her force.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#102 Posted: 05:01:23 17/09/2019
OOC: Trying to keep characters relevant while keeping out of the spotlight. Can be tricky. Not entirely sure I'm doing well, but I'm trying.
Mischief randomly rolled onto her back, robe sliding off to reveal... A completely normal Zorua. No physical quirks or anything. Of course, her legs start twitching as she dreams, occasionally yipping. Unlike before, this was the yipping of a puppy dreaming of chasing rabbits or some such dream. Playful, not fearful. Aside from being cute to watch, this revealed she had all the instincts of her species. She just restrained them. A particularly forceful yip and she had woken herself up. She went a bit red and pulled her robe back over herself and rolled onto her side. She fell asleep again quickly, not quite rested. At least she seemed comfortable.
Meanwhile, Darkheart, having run out of patience, made her way to the deck, using her darkness based powers to hide from any who looked her way. Spotting Raclaw, she hid in a shadow and watched.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#103 Posted: 05:47:50 17/09/2019
OOC: Don't worry. You're doing fine smilie

As Angora pondered on what they could do on the island, Mischief's movements drew her attention. She almost forgot she was there with all the wrestle between watching Maverick and his bonding and finding ways to tease Shade. Mischief's was sleeping, prompting her to believe that maybe she also started to feel comfortable around Veris, and Shade too. They were both intimidating after all. Mischief already slept earlier, so she couldn't be that tired. Angora knew she would have to take her with them if she wanted to keep an eye on her. Also, she didn't want to leave Veris alone in the pen, so once Sere and his team returned from their exploring, she was going to give him a ride to tire him out and then return to Shade. Thinking about everything she had to do was already stressing her out.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#104 Posted: 10:37:26 17/09/2019
Name: Dex
Species: Fox
Good or evil: Neutral (more in the good side now)
Appearance: Normal looking fox, just bigger (wolf size). Has poisonous fangs (Snake style) which can be clearly seen when he opens his mouth.

Personality: Very tricky, always thinking about himself. Most of the time likes to play nice and look weak. When the opportunity comes loves to stab in the back, especially when making deals (loves everything valuable). Never wants to fight head-to-head, because of not having much physical power. Has become much more caring after meeting and falling in love with Sapphire.

Weapons: (optional) His only, but a deadly weapon is his poisonous fangs. Those fangs go through almost everything. He can control the poison so that it does not kill, but does make his enemies paralyze and have great pains if he wants/needs to.
Elements: (optional) No really elements, but is immune to poisons because of his own poison in his veins.

History: Dex was born in normal fox den. As he was young he did end up bitten by poisonous snake. His parrents left him being sure he was going to die. He was found and taken care by old man. The poison did make him grow bigger and have the poison fangs. The man knew there was something odd about the fox, but being an old adventurer he was not sure, was Dex just a new species he had never seen. After the man died Dex started to look after himself. He noticed his poisoneus blood while being in forrests and seeing bloodsucking bugs instatly dying after taking his blood. He made his way back to city life after feeling not at home in forrests. He started to steal food, but also valuables. Once he was almost captured and bite a human who died almost instantly. After that he started to make deals with all kinds of creatures which wanted someone dead or something stole. These days he is taking only very well paid jobs, and knows how to deal with many kinds of situations. Many do not know him well, because of his way to work. But Well know as the poison assassin especially in the underworld of Cities. He attacked the group while working for Shade (when he was controlled). Has become the leader of the group known as guild of assassins. Has slowly started to see errors of his old ways, and has taken more responsibility about others then ever before (especially of the members of the guild).

Name: Blue
Species: Dragon
Good or evil: Evil (Not in a special way, but his ways are not suited for anything other.)
Appearance: Pretty small for a dragon, dark Blue all over with emerald green eyes.

Personality: Simply nasty. He has no soft thoughts with anybody (exept his own order) and could even be said to like killing. Likes to make see others suffer. But he is good at pretending to be nice if needed to.

Weapons: He is not a good melee fighter. But can do pretty much anything with water. Especially strong when around a large amount of water.
Elements: Water
History: Not much is known about him, but he is an assassin and the leader of the brotherhood of assassins. It is thought that he was part of dragons living normally like they did today and had a family. But as soon as he could he did leave them and started to live the way he wants. Has started to make his brotherhood more of an underground army then a faction of assassins after the brotherhood was almost destroyed. The faction is now Simply named brotherhood, because they are not assassins in any special way anymore. They have grown, and if they keep doing that, this kind of private underground army can make some trouble.

Name: Sapphire
Species: Fox
Good or evil: Neutral (Even more close to good then Dex)
Personality: Mostly pretty nice. But has no problem to kill others without pity. Likes to look cool, but likes also to look beutiful. Loves when somebody praises her appereance.
Weapons: Her talent (which She was born with) is the fact that She can make anybody unable to move at all if they look at her eyes. She can also choose not to do that, Even if somebody looks at her eyes.
History: She was born as a normal fox. But because of somekind of special talent became bigger and smarter. She had to leave her normal fox live because her family thought She was too dangerous, and told her to leave. After that she was a pet for a human family never making any use of her ability. Untill her family was attacked by Blue and the brotherhood. She was trying to fight them and that made Blue interested about her so he took her with him. After sometime Blue managed to make her believe that both her fox and human families where bad for her and the only family that could understand her was the brotherhood. Blue told her about Dex to give her something to feel like her. After that She wanted to become a great assassin like Dex. She tought Dex was a great exampel how great special foxes like them can become. One of the big reasons for Blue to take her in was to make Dex finally feel somebody was like him, he thought that would make Dex leave the League (now the guild) and join the brotherhood. After all that had happen Dex and Sapphire are now working together and Blue is only after the two because he wants to kill them. Is now in a realationship with Dex, and they are both in the guild of assassins. Sapphire is now back at the independent city of Cross North, which has the headquarters of the guild In it.

Galaxy Dragon
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#105 Posted: 10:56:23 17/09/2019
OOC: Good! I'm glad. Also, have some foreshadowing and plot. And humor. But mostly plot... Hey look who's back!

Mischief was back to her dreaming. She twitched and yipped. But the her dream shifted and she went quiet. She began growling in her sleep. The recurring nightmare had returned again. What exactly was the other personality up to? Why now, exactly? And why did she have a growing sense of dread? When the other personality grabbed her she woke up with a yelp, pulling into a seated position. It took several seconds before her senses returned to this world. She rubbed her eyes and looked around, visibly confused and frightened. Digi queried "Bad dream?"
Mischief nodded. "Recurring nightmare."
Digi decided to play amateur psychologist. "So what did you see?"
Mischief described the empty void and the lone figure accompanying her there. "Well, everything is just sorta empty aside from them. They look like a dark dressed humanoid figure with black wings and a white mask."
Digi probed just a bit more. "Good or bad? Whose side are they on?"
"They aren't exactly nice to me. And I don't know what they want."
"Well, you answered my next question. I can say with confidence that... I'm glad I'm not your psychologist because I've got no clue what it means!"
Mischief gave him a look between annoyed and dumbfounded. "You're a lot of help."
Digi, being a machine, had trouble with sarcasm. "Thank you!"
Mischief put her robe back on and looked into her staff's gemstone. For a moment it turned black, causing her to recoil. Then after she blinks it's blue again. She shudders and pulls herself upright.
---
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#106 Posted: 19:41:40 17/09/2019
"Yes, sir." Kasidra nodded and activated her blood sense ability, which would be useful for sensing any people or potential threats along the way. She looked to the King's Road in the distance, prepared to scout as much as necessary.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#107 Posted: 20:36:07 17/09/2019
OOC: Yea it has been long...... too long. But it is nice to be back. smilie

After all Dex had finally made it back to the city of Cross North. Dex had used his time trying to invite as many ”underworld” guilds, individuals and teams to have a meeting.
After what had happen with Blue Dex was very worried. Blue had got more and more new members and it started to feel like it would not take long before he would start to use that power against others. And if the others where not working together. And if Blues brotherhood would start attacks against bigger towns, it would mean more power for him, and make working much harder to all others.

When everybody where at the big hall Dex started to speak. ”These kind of meetings are very rare as we all know, but I Am sure most of you know Why I have asked you all to be here today? The brotherhood has grown stronger and more in a military way. If they start to take control over the blackmarkets we can not fight against them if we are not unified. And if they get any more power they might try to attack against towns, even against small and weak nations. If they get too much power our way of live will be over. Now what I tell you is that we need to make an alliance get all possible works, people, money and other resources in one united front. Thats the only way we can even hope to fight the brotherhood. That way our people would have upper hand in all the most important blackmarkets. I will let you think about this for few days. We can talk more then, when you all know what your own people think about this. I hope you will make the only right thing.”

The others started to leave. The have thought it was something like this Dex wanted to talk about, but not this massive and big...... it was hard to think about this. Give up the individual guilds..... taht would be hard. But If nothing was done Blue would take over the underworld actions..... and then every guild would have nothing.

Dex went back to his and Sapphires room. She was already waiting him there. ”So How did it go” Sapphire asked. ”I dont know really, but I feel like they dont seriously see How big this problem is. They might think that they can operate somehow even if Blue takes over......” Dex said clearly in lot of stress . Sapphire came closer to him and nuzzled him a bit ”I am sure they will see How bad the situation is. I know they will”
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#108 Posted: 21:29:36 17/09/2019
With everyone prepared, Sere and the rest of the party set off.
Nothing was immediately obvious on the shore. There were animals such as turtles or the occasional starfish, but otherwise nothing noteworthy. They came onto the path named King's Road after about a quarter hour of walking.
"Be very careful," Sere warned, as he cautiously stepped forward, leading the way - he had his combat prescience prepared in order to catch any potential surprise attacks, as did Latnok. The group would be headed into a more wooded area soon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#109 Posted: 21:50:04 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
As the group neared the thicker woods in the shadows the same mysterious dragon was watching them and following them. He soon enough headed in front of the group. Still keeping his hood up and face covered he looked at the group. He then pointed at Sere. “You there! Step forward. You and your crew are trespassing in sacred grounds of the Black Dragolets. You may not pass through our sacred land without our queen’s approval.”
---
SC
#110 Posted: 22:06:18 17/09/2019
Sere instinctively brought a hand towards Grimbane, but halted himself - both because the weapon wasn't with him and because he didn't want to immediately jump into combat. Instead, he relaxed, and made a hand motion to indicate that the others do the same.
"Dragolet? Black dragolet? Hmm... you might be worth having a discussion with. Anyway, I am Sere, leader of the Ardent Guardians. The Ishulgites claim this land as theirs, and we are looking for our contact with them here. We wish no conflict with you - we wish simply to meet with and speak with our contact. Failure to do so may result in an unnecessary conflict between them and another island, with many casualties and fatalities." As much as Sere wanted to see a peaceful solution, meeting with the contact was of the utmost importance - protecting the people was of the utmost importance, and something told him the Ishulgites were definitely worth having a conversation with...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#111 Posted: 22:19:10 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“They are false rulers. Our queen has reign over these islands. These monstrositys you call Ishulgites do not belong here. Come our queen wishes to speak to you and is particularly intrested in the Dragolet you have on your ship.” The dragon said as he removed his hood. He was black as night and had feathers on his cheeks and above his eyes like Shade did but they were dark blue instead of red. Under his cloak one could see, if they looked hard enough, another pair of arms like shade as well but he kept them out of sight.
---
SC
#112 Posted: 22:38:43 17/09/2019
"Reign over these islands? The Ishulgites have a great deal of territory here," Sere noted. "That sounds like something you may wish to talk over with them." Sere pondered the possibilities of their concern with Shade - and decided he needed to maintain a deal of control.
"If you wish to discuss the dragolet, you may speak with us on the ship later, after we have met with our contact. For now, we have a most important task, and cannot afford to be sidetracked in other matters." As Sere spoke, Latnok too maintained his future sight - ready to act at a moment's notice should the dragolet try anything.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#113 Posted: 22:41:34 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“I cannot let you pass through our lands without Our queens approval. Turn back or follow me are your choices.” The Dragolet said. “Like I said they are false rulers. They do not belong.”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8550
#114 Posted: 22:44:56 17/09/2019
Raclaw, standing aside Latnok, kept his senses open-- adding to the 'sight' and carefully observing for any mental presences beyond the one that had already presented themselves. 'Another dragolet?,' he thought as he observed the additional arms and dragon features. Risar stood nearby ready as always.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#115 Posted: 22:51:42 17/09/2019
Before Sere could respond, a telepathic voice rang out. [i]"We have permitted these invaders to stay on account of them not interfering with our operations. By blocking the way for our contact, you are doing so. Stand aside - or we will be forced to assert our claim over these islands.[/b]
Sere gave a sigh - the last thing he wanted was to be involved in yet another territorial dispute. For now, he gave no further comment.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#116 Posted: 22:58:04 17/09/2019
As much as Angora enjoyed her time with Shade, she was starting to hate being on that ship. She knew Sere wouldn't have chosen her for his scouting party, but she was tempted to make her own. She wanted to talk to Shade, but there wasn't much to talk about since their lives on that ship has been one big routine. There was still a matter of Shade's mother, and how she rather let Angora be the one to take care of him, which was a lie anyway since it was the Guardians with the custody. But why would she say something about a mother who left him in this situation instead of taking him away and teach him to control his powers. Family was usually better teachers, but especially concerning biological matters like his powers, if there was biology involved. She wasn't going to say anything. She hoped the irresponsible dragolet never appeared in their lives again, cause she clearly didn't deserve her son.

After a while of dozing off, Maverick got off Veris' belly, both surprised and delighted that the wyvern did nothing to harm him. He knew his fear had been misplaced, but this moment with him confirmed it.
"Say Angorita. Are you going to give him a ride later?" he asked, with Angora almost not answering in her train of thoughts.
"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I must. Veris needs his flight, otherwise he gets depressed and chubby." she replied, Maverick thinking it was a joke that last part, but Angora had been serious. She was smiling earlier, but she looked, down? Maverick wanted to believe it was because Shade had been teasing her, but while he deep inside doubted it, he didn't want to ask to avoid pressuring her.
---
#117 Posted: 23:02:24 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
He gave a sigh. “I’m sorry I cannot disobey my queen and our customs. We only want order in our lands not war. The queen only wishes to meet them and they will be on their way.” The Dragolet said. “You as well as I know the queen is more than cable of defending her lands and people from you.”
---
SC
#118 Posted: 23:13:16 17/09/2019
"Oh, are you now?" the voice answered dubiously. "Do you still think us to be some weak, harmless cult? Perhaps a show of force is in order - we already, for the most part, control traffic into and out of the archipelago, and we will not have you accosting our visitors. We maintain order here. If you don't already know that, you will soon enough."
On cue, the ground began a violent rumbling - and roots began to burst forth. Latnok and Sere immediately recognized them as the typical means of transportation for the ishiuds. Sere drew his spear as Latnok drew his bow - they weren't prepared to attack just yet, but were nevertheless ready.
The Ishulgites seem hell-bent on having me speak with this contact... Sere thought to himself - there had to be something that could be shown to them only here, and something important enough to risk a conflict.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#119 Posted: 23:31:42 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly out of the nearby woods about a dozen Dragolets came forth between the group and the ishiuds. Some were bigger than Shade others smaller. The hooded Dragolet stepped forward. “Your kind isn’t welcomed here leave now piecfuly and no life will be lost.” He spoke to the lead ishiud. The other Dragolets were in a fighting stance ready to defend the others and the land.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:42 17/09/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#120 Posted: 23:42:01 17/09/2019
Out from the roots came the ishiuds the group was most familiar with right now - the soldiers, whistlers, and weavers. Immediately, the soldiers began to charge in several directions - some at the dragolets, but many into the nearby forest, where they began attacking the environment in a similar way to the island Tyraika watched over. Meanwhile, the whistlers were soon camouflaged as they began to take position. Somewhere in the distance, a mastermind watched over the fight...
"These are our lands. You have your little fun with these creatures - but you will remember the cost your actions come at to your own environment. How long will you last should we take it all away from you? Now you may have a nice fight with these ishiuds and defeat them - but we want our guest back before long, or we will not stop until there is no land left for you to live off of."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#121 Posted: 23:49:53 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly with great speed and precision a Dragolet with bright blue feathers struck down several soldiers attacking the forest. Another with purple feathers breathed white flames at a few of the attacking solders. Meanwhile the hooded one closed his eyes and focused. He soon looked in the direction of the watching mastermind. “He opened his eyes. “Don’t bother hiding anymore. I can see you. Did you forget you lost every battle against us?” He then breathed purple flames around the mastermind and came through the flames like it was nothing. “Fight like a real warrior coward!” He got in a battle stance.

Another bigger Dragolet tackled a solder through a few trees breaking the trees like matchsticks. He was definitely bigger than Shade.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:57:47 17/09/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#122 Posted: 00:08:46 18/09/2019
The mastermind located by the dragolet was nothing more than a projection; they had become more and more adept at hiding themselves through the most common detection methods as time went on. The projection disappeared as flames came to it.
As flames came through, the adaptive armor of the soldiers soon took effect - becoming attuned to the flames and resisting them. Though some attacked the dragolets directly to no avail, they appeared to be little more than a distraction for the other ishiuds, who continued their relentless destruction of the environment. As they did, a weaver began to spew a vile liquid into a nearby freshwater lake.
Sere was frozen in indecision. Whatever he did, he felt that taking a side at this moment would be rather dangerous; rather, he would remain neutral, watching the chaos unfold. After all, he did remember the last time someone felt the need to intervene without being told to.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#123 Posted: 00:19:12 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly the Weaver was attacked from behind. “Hey ugly! Over here!” A another Dragolet said.

“Your kind are cowards!” The hooded one said. He then let out a sonic blast that was in ways a very high piched sound to those not able to hear it. He was using echo location. His sensitive ears soon picked up on an invisible mass of flesh. “There you are.” He then struck out at the mastermind with claws and sonic abilitys. “DIE WEAKLING!”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:12 18/09/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#124 Posted: 00:23:42 18/09/2019
The mastermind was ever elusive; their previous encounters having them well wary of sonic detection. The dragolet struck out at yet another form projection, as the mastermind bent sound waves and prepared another one to throw it off. As it did so, it continued to observe the battlefield, taking note of the response of the dragolets and transmitting them back.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#125 Posted: 00:29:57 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
The Dragolet let out a roar of frustration but eventually took a breath calming himself. He took a moment to focus to find the real mastermind as the other Dragolets continued to fight the invaders off. He focused on intense mental abilitys. He noticed Raclaw’s mental abilitys then focuses more on other stronger ones.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:38 18/09/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#126 Posted: 00:41:42 18/09/2019
As the invader force continued to dwindle, the mental signature of the mastermind grew more and more faint; until it was no longer present. It would appear to have retreated from the battlefield.
What was left was a chaotic mess, with a good portion of the environment demolished or poisoned. This time, it didn't appear the ishiuds cared to acually engage their opponent, so much as the environment; it seemed they were aware of their limits, but also knew how best to circumvent them.
"Not a bad fight," the telepathic voice broadcast to everyone present in the area. "How many more of these can the environment afford, however? We may have 'lost' fights in the past - but there is more to winning than brute force. Go, let these guests have an audience with you; but we want our turn next, we expect it in a few hours, and our guests had better be in one piece when they get to us. Our next 'show of force' will not be as restrained."
Sere could only wonder - why were the Ishulgites going through such great lengths to ensure his audience? What was it that they wanted so badly to show him, that they needed to see him for? He was ever wary - but was confident that between the Guardians' magic capabilities, and Kasidra's scouting, there would be minimal surprises on the way. For now, however, it looked like one side had just "won" them - as if they were a prize at a festival boxing match.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#127 Posted: 00:53:36 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Coward! Always!” The hooded Dragolet said. “You will never defeat us! We are strong we are ever enduring!” He chanted as a few others roared out as well. “Tiger! Take some of the others and help put ours the fires and purify the waters.”

“Yes sir!” The purple feathered Dragolet said he and a few others started to put out the fires with dirt and natural water abilitys. Another with white feathers started to glow white as she began to purify the waters. The hooded Dragolet approached the group. “As you can see these creatures are nothing but false rulers. They want nothing but fear and war. Come quickly.” He said as he started to lead the group deeper into forest.
---
SC
#128 Posted: 01:02:53 18/09/2019
After a while, Angora grew very uneasy. Something was very wrong, she could sense it. And... smell it? But she couldn't tell whether it came from the island or sea. She needed something to distract herself, but at the same time leave behind some doubts.
"Listen Shady. Once you're finally... you've finally tamed your powers and finally earned your freedom, what then? What are you planning to do? Things won't be the same anymore. Maverick... he has a girlfriend now, and the potential for a family of his own..." she specified, still leaving out that he had a mother that abandoned him out there.

While Maverick left Ilasi and Veris to have their own little bonding moment, he decided to go to Mischief. He noticed her movements earlier and went to check on her.
"Hola amiguita. Did you have a nightmare earlier? I have some milk that may help you sleep better for next time." he said, Alya's father's milk having helped his own insomnia before.
---
#129 Posted: 01:06:07 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“I will stay by your side. I told you Angora, no matter what happens I will always stay with you.” Shade said as he gently hugged her.
---
SC
#130 Posted: 01:13:56 18/09/2019
After Sere's previous experiences with a particular dragolet, he was wary at taking their word for it - what indication did they have that the dragolets weren't just throwing their weight around? What if this was just asymmetrical warfare against an oppressive power? But then again, what if the dragolets had a point? He didn't know much about the motive of the Ishulgites - except that they wanted to free the world of the influence of gods. Well, except for their god, who apparently existed to serve people instead of requiring worship himself.
With that all in mind, Sere and the party followed, with the older Guardian maintaining a healthy amount of skepticism.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#131 Posted: 01:20:01 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“We have been at war with those things ever sense this cursed storm showed up. They do not own thes lands our queen was here way before they were.” The hooded Dragolet said. “I am Starshatter. Head guard of the royal family. You have names?”
---
SC
#132 Posted: 01:29:08 18/09/2019
LQuote: Spyroconvexity
“I will stay by your side. I told you Angora, no matter what happens I will always stay with you.” Shade said as he gently hugged her.

Angora knew by his tone and stubbornness that he meant those words, but even so, she wanted to test him.
"You once told me Shade, you couldn't find your kind. But what if... they're just in hiding? What if you find them? Or if they find you? Don't you think it would be for the best if you stay with them? Somewhere where they are many like you, where they could teach you to control your powers, accept you and keep you safe from those who seek to hurt you cause they're afraid or just cruel." she asked, knowing that if Shade's mother dared to reclaim him, she wouldn't have a place in a society of dragons like that. They may not accept her, and she would have to constantly be on her guard to make sure none of them crush her because they couldn't see her, or if they weren't as kind as Shade, maybe they would go as far as trying to kill her.
---
#133 Posted: 01:32:17 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Angora I know I’m still looking for my kind but being with them without you wouldn’t be the same. But just knowing I’m not alone is enough for me. I wouldn’t have it any other way without you.”
---
SC
#134 Posted: 01:44:22 18/09/2019
"I am Sere," Sere answered, still hesitant to take their word on the matter. "The others with me are Latnok, Risar, Raclaw, and Kasidra," he continued, motioning to each one of them as he did so to indicate whom he was referring to. "Time is short, we must hurry with the meeting." I want to be on the move again as soon as possible - this place seems far from hospitable enough for me to keep my men here for any extended period of time if I can help it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#135 Posted: 01:50:29 18/09/2019
“Angora I know I’m still looking for my kind but being with them without you wouldn’t be the same. But just knowing I’m not alone is enough for me. I wouldn’t have it any other way without you.”

Angora suspected he was going with a response like that, so it was time to give him a reality check.
"But Shady, you know I wouldn't be able to fit there. Some of your kin might not be as kind as you are, and may not even be understanding of our friendship. And even if I do stay, I would be overshadowed and constantly worried about not being stepped on." she stated, knowing that Shade may not be able to have both her and his kind at the same time. She didn't believe it would work. Whatever Shade decided, at least she knew she had a place to stay if her friends decided to live their separate lives, where she will be loved and accepted. Shepherd was still almost still a stranger to her, but he has kept his promises and was kind to her from the very beginning, so she was really considering his proposal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:41 18/09/2019 by Felines
#136 Posted: 01:59:42 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Don’t worry they won’t attack again. The forest will regrow and waters will be pure again. Try as they may they will never win.” Shaterstar said. They soon arrived at a massive gate with tall walls surrounding a bigger object in the center. The gates soon opened and they were met with Zera herself. “Welcome to the ss Freedom.” She smiled looking at the ship like structure in the center of the area. It seemed to have crashed here long ago but was kept clean for the queen. “Please follow me we have much to discuss including my son.” She said as she went up a ramp into the ship.

“I wouldn’t leave you. I wouldn’t feel welcomed.” Shade said as he nuzzled her.
---
SC
#137 Posted: 02:16:38 18/09/2019
Sere took a look at the area around - more to get an idea of potential exits and advantages than to appreciate its beauty. Cautiously, he followed along, with the rest of the party following shortly behind.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#138 Posted: 02:22:39 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Soon enough the doors slid close. “I have summoned you here to discuss Shade. My son. I want to see him. I want to see him with my own eyes and let him know he isn’t alone. He won’t believe you unless he sees it himself. As for the second reason I need your help. You’ve see this senseless destruction right? I want my people safe. I can’t do it alone. Will you help us?”
---
SC
#139 Posted: 02:24:40 18/09/2019
“I wouldn’t leave you. I wouldn’t feel welcomed.” Shade said as he nuzzled her.

Shade seemed adamant in staying with her. However, Angora noticed that he didn't mention Maverick anywhere. Has he accepted that their other friend may depart from their lives? Or was Maverick simply not as important to him as date was? She believed the answer was going to come sooner than later.
"Well, guess I'm stuck with you huh?" Angora said jokingly, wondering if Shepherd was willing to welcome Shade in his society. She and the dragolet had each other, but she didn't think they would be able to kive a peaceful, happy lives without a sanctuary where nobody would bother them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:09 18/09/2019 by Felines
#140 Posted: 02:26:34 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Yes you are.” He playfully licked her in response.
---
SC
#141 Posted: 02:51:57 18/09/2019
Though Sere tried to hide it, his head was a chaotic cacophony right now - still trying to process everything that had happened, on top of this request, which was made while he still had an appointment with the Ishulgites for someone else's request. His answer didn't come immediately - he just gave a thoughtful stare downwards. "Pardon me..." he made out, after realizing he didn't speak for a few moments, before returning to thought.
Latnok gave a look at Sere, then Raclaw, before looking back. "So what conflict are we getting dragged into this time?" he thought to Raclaw.
Finally, Sere spoke. "I... have much to take in. I don't have an immediate answer," he admitted. "As far as Shade is concerned, I can bring you to him - however, he is a criminal under legal custody, and I cannot relinquish him until that matter is resolved, if ever it is. As for the Ishulgites - I can see why you may consider them a problem. However, I must be fair, and hear what they have to say, before making any decision on who to ally myself with. Please, tell me more of things from your perspective; then, however, I must have the other audience."
Suddenly, vivid memories of the destruction of Redwater surged through Latnok's head - and he couldn't help but feel a heavy sense at disgust and mistrust for the dragolets as his blood pressure shot up. Why do these things exist? he thought to himself. They don't belong in our world. We shouldn't be helping them. Their existence is a danger the world cannot afford. Despite these sudden thoughts, he dared not say anything, yet.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#142 Posted: 03:03:04 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“They showed up when this storm surrounded the islands we were here nearly a thousand years before that. They started taking the islands by force from us. And now they are here trying to force us to obey them. I will not start a war however I will defend my people and my land if I must. They have started a war with us and I intend to finish this if they do not leave my lands.” Zera said. “And today was too close for comfort. I will not stand for such senseless destruction of our home. I demand a reason for their act of war on us!”
---
SC
#143 Posted: 03:18:16 18/09/2019
At Redwater, Huntress was taking a break. She went to a bar to get a drink, and as it happened often, some men were whistling at her. She was used to it, but it didn't stop from being annoying. Several years ago, she once accidentally killed a man when trying to give him a warning with one of her star weapons, but instead of hitting the wall , it ended up slicing his neck, making him bleed to death. She got in plenty of trouble with the law, but thanks to king Seraos and her foster father, she managed to be forgiven for her crime, although she had to take a few anger management classes to avoid acting so impulsively again.

“Yes you are.” He playfully licked her in response.

Angora rolled her eyes instead of trying to escape. She didn't know what Maverick would do once all this ugliness was over, but Shade was almost a certainty he wasn't going to let her go. Of course, she knew there was a chance for him to not be forgiven for the destruction of Redwater, but even if that happened, she would have to ask Shepherd for help. Orion was an extremely busy deity, and she didn't want to bother him. Shepherd was the best individual for now she could count on to help her when things went way beyond her control.
"Really now, with so much licking you're going to disintegrate me. Why don't you just eat me and get it over with already." Angora said jokingly, teasing Shade's overhelming affection. Veris did the same, but not as often as Shade, and his tongue was slightly smoother.
---
#144 Posted: 04:15:02 18/09/2019
Name: Captain Maddela
Species: Half-elf, aquatic
Good or evil: Neutral

Appearance: She is roughly six foot in height, but appears shorter, due to normally being hunched over. She has a lean, mostly scrawny build, and appears frail enough to get knocked out with a single hit. Her pointed ears are more rounded and less pronounced than pure elves. She has webbed fingers and toes, which aid in swimming. However, she lacks the neck slits or gills, which would normally allow her to breathe underwater. Her sandy colored skin is fairly wrinkled. She has violet eyes, and long, wild, silver hair that appears to have never seen a comb before. She wears a long-sleeved white shirt, which is wrinkly, and appears a bit worn out. She also wears a brown leather vest and pants. She keeps her hands and feet bare. She wears a belt that holds her sword and hyperspace bag. She also wears a pirate captain's hat, with a skull and crossbones on it, and a red feather stuck in it. She has an eye-patch over her left eye.

Personally: Maddela has started to go senile due to old age. She has become forgetful, and seems to have lost a lot of the vast knowledge she had gathered throughout her many years. She is more crazy, chaotic, and reckless than she was in her prime. She tends to make more idiotic rookie mistakes, and acts more childlike than she has in a long time.

Weapons: She has a standard pirate sword, a magical trident, and a fishing hook tied to the end of a long chain. She also has various treasures and valuables she stole stashed away in her hyperspace bag.

Elements: She has a little bit of luck magic and can cast a spell that allows her to "steal" luck from others, giving them more bad luck, and giving herself more good luck. This allows her to change the outcome of situations to be more in her favor, but she can't control anything that actually happens. While wielding her trident, she can fire off various spell based attacks.

History: Maddela was born at sea on her mother's pirate ship. She never saw her father, because he lived underwater. Since Maddela couldn't breathe underwater herself, she stayed with her mother on the ship. Her mother took care of her and raised her to be a pirate. Maddela loved being out at sea, due to her aquatic elf ancestry, and always felt a constant call to the water. She took to the pirate life like an old pro and quickly climbed the ranks to be her own mother's second-in-command. When Maddela was still a young adult, her mother died against a battle with a sea monster that had attacked the ship. Many lives were lost that day, but ultimately the remaining crew defeated the beast and lived on. Afterwards, Maddela became the captain of the ship and continued on with her seafaring adventures. She has stayed a pirate all these years, but has lost her ship and most of her crew in a terrible storm that happened not too long ago.

~ ~ ~

Name: Iryani
Species: Cecaelia

Appearance: From the waist up, she resembles a human with an agile but muscular build. Instead of humanoid legs, she has eight octopus tentacles that allow her to move quickly both on land and underwater. Her tentacles are russet, with coral tones on the suckered underside. She is light-skinned and stands at around 5'8. She has long strands of hair that matches the russet tones of her tentacles, almost appearing to be another set of them. She wears a skintight, sleeveless, waterproof shirt that matches her sky blue eyes. She has a tattoo band on her upper right arm, that wraps around her arm, and looks like a wave of water. She also has a tattoo on her left arm of an eel, with its body wrapped around her arm, its tail up near her shoulder, and its head down by her wrist. She keeps a hyperspace bag strapped to her waist.

Personally: Iryani is a strong-willed, intelligent, and confident person. While capable of following the orders of a superior, she has a tendency to speak her mind if she feels they aren't doing a good enough job, and may even try to take over as leader. She can be sassy and rude to people she doesn't respect.

Weapons: Carries multiple short swords, daggers, and throwing knives in her hyperspace bag. Also has several maps, a telescope, a compass, and some blank scrolls.
Elements: Water and Ice

History: Iryani has honed her seamanship skills in order to help any potential crew she may join, and often serves as a navigator and cartographer for the crew. Her curiosity towards surface dwellers, as well as an interest in old trinkets and artifacts, is partially what led her to this career path. She has helped crews with investigating sunken ships and other underwater areas where precious artifacts may be hiding. She has even joined up with pirates and helped them get treasure. She has been working with Captain Maddela for several years now.

~ ~ ~

Name: Angus
Species: Highland Minotaur

Appearance: Angus is powerfully built, as expected of a minotaur, and stands at around 7'3. He has long horns and a long, wavy, woolly coat that is colored white. He has long bangs that cover his eyes. He wears a green plaid kilt, with a matching tartan. He also wears green, scaled, spiked gauntlets. He has an emerald nose ring. He keeps a hyperspace bag strapped to his waist.

Personally: Angus is a curious person, who enjoys exploring new areas in search of new beasts and monsters. He loves the thrill of battle and the hunt. He's bold, seemingly fearless, and has no issue with running head first into danger. While he doesn't seem to take battle too seriously, he is cautious enough to not do anything too reckless.

Weapons: Scottish claymore, Lochaber axe (Scottish halberd), warhammer, heavy crossbow, spiked gauntlets, and some traps for hunting that he keeps in his hyperspace bag. He also has a magical white orb which allows him to view and communicate with someone who has the other connecting orb that is part of a set with his own.
Elements: None

History: Angus is from the land of Saolgire, a nation that is part of a separate continent from Aelinon. He was intended to be a slave when he was born, but was bought at a young age by a man, who legally got him his freedom. The man was a hunter, who raised Angus like a son, and trained him in his profession. The man had no family of his own, no one to leave his legacy to, except for Angus. So the man made sure that when he died, everything he owned would legally belong to Angus. Angus has since kept up the family business of hunting, just like he was taught. He kills any dangerous beasts he finds, but his main focus is actually capturing and training beasts to be sold off to potential owners. He also aids breeders, by bringing them prime, tamed beasts to domesticate. Angus has a minotaur servant he freed and hired to take care of his house while he's off on adventures. This servant is the one with the other white orb. Angus was a recent addition to Captain Maddela's crew.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:22:59 18/09/2019 by Cynder09
#145 Posted: 04:23:39 18/09/2019
Name: Griogair
Species: Tirsiorc
Appearance: He is about 5'10 in height. https://sta.sh/028ktl791kb3 (This is a quick, temporary reference for him. He will hopefully have a better quality one soon, but certain design details may change. Just go by this one for now.)
https://sta.sh/07oqolsip5k (This is a reference for his saddle.)

Personally: Griogair is an intelligent, curious, and social creature. It's these traits that are partially the reason why he works well with people, despite his wild nature. He is quick to learn new commands and responds well to bribes and offers of food. While he still can be wary of strangers, it is not too difficult to gain his trust. He is normally more docile and well-behaved, on account of his training, but can still become aggressive.

Weapons: Teeth, claws, and tail. He also has all the natural abilities of a shark.
Elements: He can use his natural bioluminescence to project light from his scales, which can also be used to reflect light to make him appear invisible. He can drink blood to boost his abilities and heal faster. Normal blood from non-magical creatures brings his natural abilities up to peak performance, while special blood from magical creatures pushes his abilities to supernatural levels.

History: Griogair was wild for most of his life, and generally stayed close to his school, at least until a terrible storm got him separated from them. The storm caused a flood that washed him up into a city in Saolgire. When the storm died down and the water retreated, Griogair was left in a nearby lake, separated from his family and ocean home. The lake was sizable enough to sustain him for awhile, but he was alone and unwelcome by the people of the city. They wanted this potential threat eliminated, so Angus was called in to deal with the problem. However, the minotaur didn't see a monster, but rather a lost animal, who could possibly be worked with. So Angus captured him instead and started training him. He hopes to find an owner for Griogair sometime soon.

Galaxy Dragon
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:30:36 18/09/2019 by Cynder09
#146 Posted: 08:16:57 18/09/2019
OOC: Those characters are good whenever you want to present them.

If the dragolets were indeed here for over a millenium, then Sere could see the Ishulgites' claims being imperialistic. From the previous island, he knew that the Isbulgites imposed their will on their neighbors - though they apparently sought diplomacy and coexistence before utilizing superior force, even when they had a measurable advantage against others. The other islanders also suspected a connection between the Ishulgites and the storm - were the Ishulgites manipulating it somehow? Such a feat would take vast amounts of magical power - but if that was the case, why was such a thing limited to keeping a barrier around the island, and not turned inward towards their enemies? Perhaps it wasn't a complete control? Or perhaps they weren't involved at all - just opportunistically using the isolation to develop themselves out of the eye of more powerful nations.
It was much to think about. "You certainly have a strong case," Sere said reluctantly. "If the case is as simple as that, then I would perhaps take your side. However, just as I had promised before when I had taken a fugitive, I must hear both sides of the story; the Ishulgites have the power to wipe out a town built on an island they deem valuable, but have chosen diplomacy instead. I must question them and hear what they have to say on the matter. Only then can I make a fair judgment."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#147 Posted: 10:10:00 18/09/2019 | Topic Creator
“Don’t tempt me.” Shade said with a giggle.

“Very well but when you do make that decision I hope it is the right decision. We are all that is left of my people.” Zera said.
---
SC
#148 Posted: 13:27:21 18/09/2019
OOC: One question though; are there other random crewmembers? Or just them?

“Don’t tempt me.” Shade said with a giggle.

"Oooh, the big, scary dragon is tempted. I'm shaking." Angora said tauntingly, shaking her arms and legs to mock him. Perhaps teasing Shade would not only take her mind off the negative thought, but maybe also make her forget they were still on that irritating ship. Not to mention of course, to have her little revenge against Shade's own teasing. She took a very brief glance at Mischief, who was with Maverick. Knowing him, he was getting to know her for sure. At least both him and Digi could help watch over her while she took care of Veris and the annoyingly playful Shade.
---
#149 Posted: 19:10:48 18/09/2019
OOC: Just going to shoehorn in excuses for my characters. I hate being unavailable when big plot developments happen.
Mischief had noticed the smoke but tried to restrain curiosity. It was often dangerous to be curious. Finally she gave in to curiosity and mustered the courage to paw at Maverick. "Mister Maverick? Did you smell smoke a little bit ago?" Smoke meant fire. In a forest area fire was bad. She avoided such spells as fireballs in forests.
Darkheart pulled away, back into Raclaw's room. She suspected if she went with Raclaw and the others she'd be discovered. So she returned to hiding in a shadow.
---
#150 Posted: 20:22:55 18/09/2019
Maverick smelled the ai, and with his ends not being very well developed and the wind blowing another direction, he couldn't smell anything.
"Um, no. You think someone is cooking below?" he said cluelessly, not believing something like a wildfire could happen all of the sudden like that, especially with Sere in charge. It wasn't like him to damage the ecosystem like that... but then again, something similar happened to another island they visited not too long ago. Mischief's concerns soon became his as well, but he was not instructed to leave the ship, so he knew there was nothing he could do...
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me