darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > There is hope for a remake of The Legend of Spyro games
Page 1 of 1
There is hope for a remake of The Legend of Spyro games
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 07:28:02 12/08/2019 | Topic Creator
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/...ting-ips/90646/

Activision sees a bright future in re-visiting older IPs in its catalog of games now. so there's a bigger chance than ever we might see a remake of The Legend of Spyro games smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#2 Posted: 07:39:29 12/08/2019
No with the remakes of the classic trilogy they more than likely going to continue the classic game stuff. In fact when Reignited was announced/released Activision told F4F to not make Legend of Spyro statues, and focus on Reignited statues instead.

They only brought up the success of Crash, Spyro, and CTR. Seeing remaking other IPs might be a good profit, not that they were remaking more games from Crash or Spyro.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 19:22:18 12/08/2019
People are taking what they said out of context. They're definately going to be making new Spyro content, but I doubt they'll be remaking any of the games. They'll probably use ideas from the later games, sure, but none of them are worth remaking because they all sold pretty poorly lol.
I do hope they eventually include some characters from tLoS in some new games though! Classic Iggy! Imagine!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 474
#4 Posted: 23:42:44 12/08/2019
I want new games, **** remakes lmao
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#5 Posted: 05:39:47 15/08/2019
This set of games, for as much as some Spyro franchise fans like them, killed the franchise a second time. We wouldn't have Spyro Reignited if Skylanders and Crash N'Sane hadn't a) rebooted Spyro a third time and b) proved that old IPs (literally old, not just a decade) were worthwhile. Some elements of LoS might make it into future Spyro titles, but these games aren't well known by the wider public at all, let alone fondly remembered. It's just not financially sound for Activision to bring these games back.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#6 Posted: 22:10:03 15/08/2019
I doubt these babies will be remade anytime soon, but if they ever do get to that point, I hope that the developers can improve on whatever was missing.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:01 15/08/2019 by ThunderEgg
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#7 Posted: 22:24:39 15/08/2019
Only remake that TLoS series needs is a full Krome studios developed iteration of Dawn of the Dragon. The Dawn of the Dragon we all got was poor copy of God of War with plot-hole-ridden fanfiction story with boring controls and botched flight controls.

P.S.

I really hate TLos: DotD, it is the worst Spyro game in existence.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#8 Posted: 01:24:07 21/08/2019
YES. You can tell in the first two games just how much of the heart that’s in the series was put there vpby the Krome staff.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 15:30:17 21/08/2019
I would like a remake but unfortunately I can't see it happening with Classic Spyro being brought back successfully. It makes more sense for them to carry on with Classic Spyro in a brand new game. A Hero's Tail is not broken, it's fine as it is. EtD is very broke and everyone hates it, I can only see certain levels from it being remade and brought back into a new Spyro game. A full remaster is a no.

If the new Classic Spyro hype dies down again, and there's a few years with no release of Spyro. Then I think a LoS remake would be possible. It would certainly be the right time. Change up the gameplay, add in the extras they didn't have time for, and with it's interesting story and characters it could be great.

I disagree with the LoS 'haters' claiming it killed Spyro. If that was true there wouldn't have been 3 games. They would have stopped at ANB. And DOTD was the most successful in terms of sales. It is now quite expensive in second hand game shops!
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#10 Posted: 16:31:54 21/08/2019
Quote: Ice Dragoness
I would like a remake but unfortunately I can't see it happening with Classic Spyro being brought back successfully. It makes more sense for them to carry on with Classic Spyro in a brand new game. A Hero's Tail is not broken, it's fine as it is. EtD is very broke and everyone hates it, I can only see certain levels from it being remade and brought back into a new Spyro game. A full remaster is a no.

If the new Classic Spyro hype dies down again, and there's a few years with no release of Spyro. Then I think a LoS remake would be possible. It would certainly be the right time. Change up the gameplay, add in the extras they didn't have time for, and with it's interesting story and characters it could be great.

I disagree with the LoS 'haters' claiming it killed Spyro. If that was true there wouldn't have been 3 games. They would have stopped at ANB. And DOTD was the most successful in terms of sales. It is now quite expensive in second hand game shops!

Pretty much this.

Besides, TLOS doesn't feel like it even needs a remaster, at least when compared to all the games that are/were remastered.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#11 Posted: 19:30:09 22/08/2019
DotE sold okay, though not as well as ANB given that ANB became a red box best seller and DotD...didn’t. Critically, ANB did fine, while DotD was only considered okay because it wasn’t TEN. And it did kill the Spyro franchise for a second time. Why do you think we have Skylanders and not Spyro’s Kingdom (which was a LoS sequel that just didn’t pan out)?

Regardless, I do agree with everything else stated above. Although I’m not sure if we’ll ever go back to that sort of “gritty, dark” reboot. That was kind of a thing in the late 00s and it was kind of stale by 2009 already. These days, there’s a huge upswing in happier, brighter games, even in the more serious genres.
#12 Posted: 11:50:15 23/08/2019
Quote: Razz
DotE sold okay, though not as well as ANB given that ANB became a red box best seller and DotD...didn’t. Critically, ANB did fine, while DotD was only considered okay because it wasn’t TEN. And it did kill the Spyro franchise for a second time. Why do you think we have Skylanders and not Spyro’s Kingdom (which was a LoS sequel that just didn’t pan out)?

Regardless, I do agree with everything else stated above. Although I’m not sure if we’ll ever go back to that sort of “gritty, dark” reboot. That was kind of a thing in the late 00s and it was kind of stale by 2009 already. These days, there’s a huge upswing in happier, brighter games, even in the more serious genres.

I'm sorry but you are incredibly wrong with the sales //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=12983. And I don't know where you're pulling the rest of the 'facts' from.

It didn't kill the franchise, LoS was a trilogy that ended. Have you played the Spyro's Kingdom demo? It's awful, anyone would say 'no that's not good enough, come back with something new'. Spyro would not be in Skylanders if LoS killed it. EtD killed Spyro's sales. If it wasn't such a bad game the latter games would have sold better. People can't seem to get over one bad game.
#13 Posted: 19:24:26 25/08/2019
Sorry Ice Dragoness but that link proves my point. If people had enjoyed LoS, the sales would have been better than that. I’m getting more of my info from reviews of the games; the only people who thought LoS was anything but mediocre were dedicated Spyro fans, if even them. Critically, the series was pretty looked down on. Spyro was in Skylanders because the original trilogy is fondly remembered by a lot of people outside the fandom and Activision, rightly, was banking on that nostalgia to help launch that franchise (which worked). If LoS had been more successful they would have worked harder to continue it instead of just dumping Spyro’s Kingdom (which of course plays bad; it’s not even a demo and at that stage in development all games are bad).

Regardless, my point stands. LoS was never enough of a success for Activision to consider remaking it. The only people who even remember it at all are Spyro franchise fans like us. On the whole, more people remember EtD. If not for Skylanders and the success of the Crash remakes, DitD would have been the final Spyro game.
#14 Posted: 17:39:44 26/08/2019
But you claimed ANB sold the most copies when it actually sold the least??? That's not proving your point. DOTD was still the best selling game since EtD, that's not the huge failure you're making it out to be.
Enough people enjoyed it for it to get 3 games and a completed story. That wasn't the case for Crash's reboot which only got 2.

Spyro was in Skylanders to get a foot in with sales. Everyone knows that.

Spyro's Kingdom was not just dumped. More development was made after they decided it would have been a different universe to LoS while it still had the name 'Spyro's Kingdom'. There's screenshots of an early version of the website to prove this.

If anything Shadow Legacy killed Spyro, if that had been a success we wouldn't have had LoS.
#15 Posted: 23:46:43 29/08/2019
All I remember is that ANB made it to PS2 Greatest Hits and DotD didn’t. I thought Greatest Hits was based on sales but maybe not? Or it could just be that DotD being on a bunch of other systems boosted its overall sales. Doesn’t change that it was a critical flop and so bland that even Spyro fans can’t agree about it. We can all agree EtD was memorably bad and the public has heard of it. LoS was just mediocre all around and even the fandom stayed small and obscure until Skylanders came out.

Sales figures aside, it seems like it would be easier to find used copies of DotD if people had really bought it. Those figures don’t account for people returning the game.

How did SL kill Spyro? Nobody even knew it existed. XD It came out in the years after EtD when the franchise was already a shambling corpse of itself and on a handheld. It’s not the sort of thing that would make or break a franchise, it just exists and that’s it.

tl:dr: My point is that LoS was not good enough by any metric for anyone to remake it. I won’t be changing my mind unless this very improbable remake happens. And I don’t think it ever will. Most Spyro fans aren’t even interested and that’s the only demographic that even remembers LoS.
#16 Posted: 09:19:13 30/08/2019
I remember reading that Shadow Legacy would have been the last Spyro game if they didn't reboot the series. So without TLoS, SL would have been the end of Spyro.
#17 Posted: 15:09:14 31/08/2019
pokemon go killed spyro
---
#18 Posted: 23:49:54 02/09/2019
I’d say there’s a difference in a poorly selling handheld for a functionally dead franchise (which Spyro was at the time) and an poorly ended reboot that sort of revived the franchise only to nearly kill it again. At least we all agree that LoS doesn’t need/will almost certainly never have a remake.
#19 Posted: 10:22:12 03/09/2019
I think we ALL...
[User Posted Image]

sorry not sorry couldn't resist
#20 Posted: 02:56:18 04/09/2019
I literally can't see what that is. XD A blurry picture of someone pointing at someone else? What does it mean?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#21 Posted: 12:49:13 04/09/2019
Quote: Razz
I literally can't see what that is. smilie A blurry picture of someone pointing at someone else? What does it mean?

Nope you're seeing it exactly how it is. I looked it up and it's apparently an iCarly meme where they tell each other they sing everything, but... I don't get it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#22 Posted: 03:31:42 05/09/2019
Thank you Bifrost! Haha, sometimes the picture really IS as blurry as everything usually looks to me. :D Also I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't get it. I've seen about five minutes of an iCarly episode and all I know is that she may or may not be a popular YouTuber? *shrug*
#23 Posted: 09:00:22 05/09/2019
Hahaha nooo it's a meme popular with Ariana Grande fans (she's the one with the red hair). It's an interview with the Victorious cast. Victoria is jealous of Ariana and has to put it down that they ALL sing.

The meme can be used whenever someone makes a flimsy statement in a firm way using the word "all". Razz you said we ALL agree TLoS shouldn't get a remaster when many fans want one smilie
#24 Posted: 09:15:12 05/09/2019
I said “all” because look at this thread: the only one who wants a remake is OP. XD You Don’t even want one, unless you changed your mind between your first post and now. :D
#25 Posted: 13:35:05 05/09/2019
I said I would like one, but in a few years time in my first post....
Lots of Spyro twitter has that opinion.
#26 Posted: 13:52:38 06/09/2019
I'd honestly prefer a re-release of the games on modern consoles. If there aren't any already.

Spyro games, in my opinion tend to look pretty good in their original form. Like, the PS1 games paid a lot of attention to the effects of color and stuff, while TLOS brought a unique art style to the table. In my view, none of the games need a visual upgrade.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#27 Posted: 17:47:16 12/10/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg
I'd honestly prefer a re-release of the games on modern consoles. If there aren't any already.

Spyro games, in my opinion tend to look pretty good in their original form. Like, the PS1 games paid a lot of attention to the effects of color and stuff, while TLOS brought a unique art style to the table. In my view, none of the games need a visual upgrade.

Ehhh, I don't agree with that. The TLOS trilogy as a whole has a problem with bloom and some of the games look like they were rubbed with Vasoline.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#28 Posted: 20:17:22 12/10/2019
I didn't think of it as a whole considering Krome LOS basically has no major lighting outside of the CGI cutscenes. If it's bright out Spyro's slightly more orange and that's it outside of glowing sources. And considering someone managed to get a Reignited Krome Spyro working AND a level from Eternal Night, the first two games really have an easier time - but we know they'd get overly fancy and try to redo it all in EL style or adapt it to the style of Reignited too much.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:56 12/10/2019 by Bifrost
#29 Posted: 01:59:35 13/10/2019
Personally, to each their own. If it's purely art style we're talking here, everything is going to be subjective. I stand by what I said because it reflects my own artistic preferences.

However, from a marketing standpoint, re-doing the graphics of a game allows a company to sell it for more money. I think RT has made the Spyro brand much stronger -- or at least much more relevant -- so I think they already have a strong base to get people to pay a lot of money for games. Although I personally would like to see a re-release, I think if TLOS comes to us in any form, it'll have entirely new graphics because of this.

Ultimately, I feel like the chances of getting more TLOS content is far away, though. RT is a great jumping-off point to explore the classic playing style further. It would be a big financial risk for Acti to start pumping out Spyro in any alternate form.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me