Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Old DOOM games require Bethesda accounts
Page 1 of 1
Old DOOM games require Bethesda accounts
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 09:38:25 27/07/2019 | Topic Creator
So DOOMs I, II and III are all on PS4, Xbox One and Switch. Yay! How could Bethesda screw that up? By being Bethesda. Apparently, you need a Bethesda account to play these very very VERY old games, so you can just play DOOM on the Switch. Fortunately, you don't need to do such thing the versions on Steam, GOG, PS3 or 360-Oh wait! The last-gen versions were removed around the same time because the publisher is petty. Seriously, I think Bethesda, especially Todd Howard, is pretty salty over their cash cow franchises declining in popularity (or how they can't even maintain servers for their storefront) while the other games they publish but didn't make are surpassing them.

I can imagine Bethesda will begin to force other developers like Tango Gameworks to force players to need a Bethesda account for all future games they publish. Heck, I can even see Todd Howard telling Shinji Mikami and Ikumi Nakamura they won't release Ghostwire: Tokyo unless it runs on the Creation Engine.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 05:19:32 28/07/2019
Apparently it is optional but some programming mistakes made it accidentally become sort of required. Bethesda's already taking care of it. Check their post on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/bethesda/s...3215649793?s=20
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me