Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Skylanders Academy has sadly been officially cancelled.
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Academy has sadly been officially cancelled.
4zy1 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#1 Posted: 03:51:36 01/05/2019 | Topic Creator
https://www.whats-on-netflix.c...n-4-at-netflix/
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2 Posted: 11:38:15 01/05/2019
That’s pretty sad smilie so they actually had plans for a fourth one
I noticed that the first two seasons were very hyped , but the third one wasn’t trending it was all crickets
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#3 Posted: 11:55:54 01/05/2019
I haven't watched it yet as I plan to get Netflix after my exams. Sad it's been cancelled. It was one of the shows I wanted a subscription for.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#4 Posted: 16:54:22 01/05/2019
This is an unlikely wish, but maybe they're making a movie?

Again, I highly doubt it, but I'll at least put the idea out there.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 17:36:33 01/05/2019
Nope, Eric and one of the VAs talked like it was done for already.

A shame because Season 4 was going to be the fan suggestion season, but at least it ended the main story. Here's hoping RoH can supplement the lack of Team B content...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 06:58:34 02/05/2019
this kills the franchise
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 08:54:34 02/05/2019
And now we just wait until ROH will die (which will absolutely happen sooner or later knowing Activision.)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 09:44:28 02/05/2019
That's what Activision does, they milk their franchises to death, and eventually this will probably happen to Crash and Spyro. Just give it a few years. I'm interested in what they're going to do after the remakes, they'll have to come up with new content after Nitro-Fueled.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#9 Posted: 13:44:28 02/05/2019
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
That's what Activision does, they milk their franchises to death, and eventually this will probably happen to Crash and Spyro. Just give it a few years. I'm interested in what they're going to do after the remakes, they'll have to come up with new content after Nitro-Fueled.

That's the thing - it's not an obligation. VV has more than proved they can do Crash levels because Future Perfect was considered among the best in the remake, and Reignited shows TFB can at least make a damn looking game. However, Activision sat on the IPs for almost a decade before, and they can do it again if they don't think it'll pay for another yacht. They could have the best devs in the planet and the execs could blindly go 'nah, it's not going to break worldwide records' and trash the projects.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:05 02/05/2019 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#10 Posted: 12:43:43 13/05/2019
it took a while but RIP, the skylanders are official done.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#11 Posted: 14:26:10 15/05/2019
Quote: ShylaShadow
Rest in peace, Skylanders. I truly hope you get brought back someday.

if it comes back hopefully there will be no more plastic figurines, i have enough to last me a life time now. just a normal fun platformer game will do fine.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Darkness Alpha Green Sparx Gems: 197
#12 Posted: 06:08:53 19/05/2019
I was hoping for them to return with a 4th season it can't end like this. I was hoping to see my little dragon to be reunited with his family. This is just like "The last Airbender" and "Percy Jackson and the Olympians"
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#13 Posted: 02:45:46 15/07/2019
Hi! Anyone remember me? I stopped in to take a peek at what was going on and saw this post. It's been a while because I felt like I had nothing left to talk about with the games over; I'm not playing RoH.

So this is it.

I'm still play Skylanders sometimes. Confession: pretty often. I completed the first couple games at 100%. I did all the heroic challenges for all the figures. Yes, ALL of them! It was quite a feat. I even did most of the blue-based re-poses. And I also collected a couple more chase variants like Snow Brite Stormblade.

I miss the good old days when this site was pumping. I was such a hunter looking for the release dates, trying desperately to find a chase variant in a store. The conversations were fun, and I remember you guys who I feel like I befriended on this site. You know who you are, we chatted in messages, traded figures, etc.

This is probably my last post. So I guess this is goodbye. Thank you all for the memories and support with my Skylanders obsession. I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

-Wishblade
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:48:45 15/07/2019 by Wishblade
#14 Posted: 12:54:31 15/07/2019
See you around Wishblade. Best of luck in life for you as well.
---
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#15 Posted: 13:15:20 16/07/2019
I had a feeling Skylanders Academy would be canceled like this. I don't know if Activision would admit this or not, but with Academy gone, The Skylanders series is pretty much dead now. The only thing left of Skylanders is the Ring of heroes app and we don't even know how long that's going to last.

But still, has anyone ever tried to sent an email to the creators of The Academy series of why it was canceled considering that season 4 was going to grant a lot of fan requests, just like how an email was sent to the creator of The Legend of Spyro movie asking why that was canceled?
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 14:19:18 16/07/2019
The showrunner for season 1 and 2 had already left by the time 3 had started real production. We know it is because Acti wanted to throw the IP into the trash, just like they nearly did with Destiny and did to Guitar Hero twice. It's not breaking records? Then it never existed.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#17 Posted: 17:20:23 16/07/2019
Quote: Bifrost
The showrunner for season 1 and 2 had already left by the time 3 had started real production. We know it is because Acti wanted to throw the IP into the trash, just like they nearly did with Destiny and did to Guitar Hero twice. It's not breaking records? Then it never existed.

This, in bold. And that's the main reason why I'm not too happy that Activision owns the Crash and Spyro IP, because one day down the line, the games won't make a profit, and then they'll dump the franchises like they're nothing.

They already rushed out Spyro Reignited in time for it's anniversary year.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#18 Posted: 19:37:04 16/07/2019
That said, when NDAs vanish, we could do it like other fans are doing now with the LoS production staff and ask Eric what his ideas were for character backstories on the cadets, or if Spyro was going to ever tie into Classic in the fourth season. At least we'd get some closure.
---
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#19 Posted: 12:55:21 17/07/2019
Quote: Bifrost

I see. It's really sad. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#20 Posted: 13:37:21 30/03/2020
It was a great show and i prefer to see good shows cancelled over watching them continue to slowly decline in quality .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me