Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Is the Skylanders series over and done?
Page 1 of 1
Is the Skylanders series over and done?
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 17:34:20 21/03/2019 | Topic Creator
I won't throw a fit or start crying, naturally, but I'm just wondering if the Skylanders have put out their last game.

I've been playing "Ring of Heroes" on my iPad, but I wouldn't mind a new Skylanders console game.

And if so, what would be the theme?
The Skylanders finally get rid of Kaos for good?
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 18:26:14 21/03/2019
Acti decides if it lives or dies. And since RoH has had a total of one global server month and the meta community is already on fire... I think it'll stay dead until it's relevant to their interests again, just like Guitar Hero.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:32 21/03/2019 by Bifrost
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 11:35:25 22/03/2019
Once Activision runs Spyro & Crash into the ground, then I'm sure they'll bring back another Skylanders console game.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#4 Posted: 17:50:42 22/03/2019
I hope there's some sort of toy support when they bring it back to consoles. I spent way too much money on those figurines and I wanna make it worthwhile.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#5 Posted: 16:25:41 23/03/2019
I think the Toys-to-Life genre's pretty much done for the time being. Starlink: Battle for Atlas, the latest TTL IP to my knowledge, had a price drop from £60 minimum to the low low price of £18 a mere month after its release. Lightseekers, a mobile game IP, has long dropped the Toys-to-Life model to further support its once companion and now main CCG feature. The card component has seemingly done well on mobile and in RL tournaments, but on Steam it's getting Mixed reception (to no-one's surprise, I'm sure).

Like SuperSpyroFan, I subscribe to the notion that Activision will put it on hold while Spyro and Crash are doing well enough. They're not Electronic Artshole, they don't hold pit fights between their own titles (though I think the Reignited Trilogy was robbed of plenty of remaining hype when Nitro Refuelled was announced). When Spyro and Crash are done again, Skylanders may return with new tech, developers, ideas and of course a non-competitive price tag.

I doubt we've seen the last of Kaos, and truth be told I don't want to. I like his appearances as a villain, just like old Saturday morning cartoon villains - their defeats are never canonical, just another day in the proverbial office. Plus it keeps their options open, Activision's especially. To say Kaos is done may alienate a lot of potential players, especially veterans of the series who may be the only ones who buy it (and if the Battle Royale genre remains as popular as it is, we may well be).

To conclude, I'd love to see another Skylanders game, and I reckon there will be one in the future if TTL ever becomes popular again. I'm just not sure I want Activision doing it especially due to the lack of competition, and I definitely don't want it now when there's so many untapped ideas for Spyro and Crash games. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me