Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#301 Posted: 01:57:45 29/03/2019
As the creature approached, there was something else - the more telepathically inclined would be able to somewhat feel a strong psychic presence, even if the creature itself wasn't visible. The mastermind floated in the air, silently observing, seemingly impervious to any of the wind or lightning of the storm...
As the wind picked up, so too did the rain and waves. The trip would most definitely be a rocky one...

On his command, several of the on-duty men began manning the ballistae - as trained by Latnok. The lightning strikes became more frequent - though the lightning rods of the ship in combination with the grounding spell at their base kept the ship and those on or near it safe. They were ready...

Ilasi noticed the silhouette herself - and considering these treacherous waters, she just had to find out what it was. "Please don't mind me, Maverick..." she said, as she sat down on the floor and begin to focus a divination spell to identify the situation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#302 Posted: 02:16:01 29/03/2019
"If I can help, let me know por favor..." Maverick said, ready to assist her with anything. It was during these times that he regretted not having any form of magic. Although he could help in other ways, it would still be nice to have some form of power in order to be more helpful and have certain situations much easier.

In the meantime, Angora left the stairs and got closer to the main deck in order to spot whatever was out there. Remembering the scroll's words, the troll started focusing on the presence, trying to see what was out there. If it was a creature with intelligence and/or power like the White Shadow, perhaps she could establish some communication with it, but if she couldn't locate it, or if the creature blocked her, she knew there was nothing she could do, except perhaps trying to face it personally. It wasn't an idea she was keen to however, so she wanted to do anything she could to avoid recurring to such a plan.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:24:06 29/03/2019 by Felines
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#303 Posted: 02:36:59 29/03/2019
Star noticed Angora and suddenly he was next to her. Grabbing her, he told her "C'mon. You have to see this thing." He practically dragged her to where he'd been standing a moment ago. "It's not in the sky as we expected." The Zoroark pointed in the serpent's general direction. "It's in the sea!"
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#304 Posted: 02:44:24 29/03/2019
Angora wasn't expecting the sudden pull, and was very startled by it.
"Wha... hey! What do you think you're doing?" she asked angrily, annoyed at being dragged this way.

It was then that she realized the other thing Star said.
"The sea? Don't tell me it's another sea monster!" she then said annoyingly, not in the mood for another White Shadow. But that beast was a deity that left this world after it's defeat according to Orion, so this thing had to be something else. Just how many monsters these water had? It was quite irritating. But now that she knew the new fiend was underwater, she focused her telepathic search there...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#305 Posted: 02:50:19 29/03/2019
Quote:
Darkheart accepted Raclaw. While at first she initiated the activity between them, now she simply allowed him to guide the motion, while her movements mirrored his in a surprisingly elegant fashion. She murmured wordless affection into Raclaw's ear, mostly purrs and croons.
Grace's entire back blossomed, causing her to blush at being covered in pretty pink flowers.
Quote:
Latnok could feel Raclaw's own feeling on account of their mental link - and he was very pleased with how everything turned out. He was originally joking about the arrangement, but not only did it actually happen, it worked perfectly. "Well, that was easy," he said over another swig of wine. "Now, I can stay here, or I can go to my cabin to give you two some more 'space.' Oh, yeah, and I can make more food if you want." Veris licked his lips at Latnok's suggestion.
"You owe me a favor now," Latnok teased telepathically to Raclaw. Time would tell how well Latnok's own "favor" worked out.

"Hmm... maybe some desert for the fine lady.," Raclaw said between motions as Darkheart purrred into his ear. As he led-- he tried his best to remain as elegant as possible, although of course he wouldn't be perfect. It didn't matter though as Darkheart had already accepted him. He was now a claimed.. and a claimed dragon? Only time would tell how well he, Darkheart, and Latnok worked together. And Chester of course; the little Beagle would now have three loving companions. 'Thank you Latnok-- and anytime.,' he responded. Indeed, he wondered what "favor" Latnok would ask of him. Maybe Latnok would one day find someone of his own? Again, only time would tell. Chester would follow Latnok, leaving Raclaw and Darkheart as necessary.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#306 Posted: 03:09:34 29/03/2019
Leoquin stayed at the wheel, diligently keeping the ship on track despite the rough weather and the seas. As he shifted form, it would be somewhat harder - but he had enough practice. He would manage. No little drizzle would get in his way. He knew Sere was capable, but wondered how well Maverick would fare in such weather. Perhaps Leoquin would monitor Maverick's shift, and take over if he proved to be incapable in the weather.

With some intense focus, Ilasi was finally able to discern... something. "It appears to be a giant electric eel thing," she informed Maverick. "I doubt it's something the fighters will have a problem with." Ilasi thought about what Angora said - about how she always had the protection of Aelinon and didn't have to worry. Was it selfish of her to not participate? She was to avoid combat under Sere's own orders - but couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt nonetheless.

The sounds of the storm intensified within the wyvern pen as the ship got deeper and deeper into it. "Yeah... might be a bit late for that now," Latnok said. "Any dessert I could prepare would be ruined by the weather between here and the entrance to the inner ship. Looks like I'm stuck here until Godfather Sere pulls me out." Latnok remained seated, somewhat disappointed that he wouldn't be able to prepare food as he had offered, but curious to see how the situation would play out with the dragons and the one flowery creature holed up together.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:46 29/03/2019 by A Guy
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#307 Posted: 03:20:02 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The rain started to fall harder as the waves grew. There was a distant screech but seemed like it was getting closer. “Captain What should I do?” Shade said. Just then a bolt of electrical energy was directed at Shade rendering him unconscious. Then suddenly about four tentacles cam from the water latched onto him and started to drag him off.

“Captain! Shade is in danger!” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#308 Posted: 03:32:42 29/03/2019
The lightning didn't go unnoticed by Angora. The next thing she knew was two pairs of tentacles effortlessly dragging off the dragolet into the water. She lost herself at that moment, and knowing her telepathic approach was failing, she took advantage of the slippery desk floor to slide herself towards the scene. She was so close, but Shade and the tentacles were getting out of reach. She nevertheless managed to grab ahold of one of Shade's nostrils, trying to pull as much as she could to avoid the tentacles from dragging Shade and herself underwater.
"Shade! You idiot! This is no time to be playing Sleeping Beauty! Wake up!" Angora said, trying to reach for the knife to try and strike at one of the tentacles, but she was too much into an uncomfortable position to reach it...

Quote: A Guy
.With some intense focus, Ilasi was finally able to discern... something. "It appears to be a giant electric eel thing," she informed Maverick. "I doubt it's something the fighters will have a problem with." Ilasi thought about what Angora said - about how she always had the protection of Aelinon and didn't have to worry. Was it selfish of her to not participate? She was to avoid combat under Sere's own orders - but couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt nonetheless.

"An eel? Well that explains why it would want to be around a storm. Or maybe it's producing the storm?" Maverick commented, pondering on what this creature was doing, or even what it was after.
"Perhaps it's upset that we're in it's territory?" he then said, hoping it was that and not the other reason. Animals mostly attacked due to territory, for defending themselves, and food. He didn't know which one was the most dangerous, but the last one wasn't very pleasant, especially since it's when animals are the most persistent. He didn't know how probably right he was when he failed to notice what was happening to Shade...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:44:35 29/03/2019 by Felines
#309 Posted: 03:57:29 29/03/2019
OOC: I'm going to bed. Good night everyone.
Darkheart crooned sweetly, continuing her affection.
Star snarled, and in a twirling motion used his cybernetic limbs to slash down on the tentacles. "Leave him be!" Star didn't slide on the deck at all, moving with absolute ease. "Some kind of electric eel?" Star questioned. "I've seen some back home... But never this big!"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:32 29/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#310 Posted: 09:31:32 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The creature screeched and let Shade go. It then swam away but wasn’t gone. It then appeared again some distance away and electrical energy was shooting off it in all directions as it dived in and out of the water. It was going to ram the ship.
---
SC
#311 Posted: 13:33:47 29/03/2019
Sere unsheathed Grimbane, its oscillating light and darkness being a distinct view on the deck which would otherwise be a rather bland sight in the rain. Focusing his own power, he braced the ship for impact the same way he did before - with shadow magic forming a layer around the base of the ship and force distribution magic to neuter the effectiveness of ramming at any one point. The shadows were prepared to react to the ramming by immediately jutting out in a spiked form afterwards.

"If we're in its territory, then it can't be helped," Ilasi answered. The group had to go through this territory regardless - there was no avoiding it. "We'd best prepare for impact - it looks like the creature wants to ram the ship. I don't know exactly how successful it'll be, with our size and weight... and it looks like the captain's using his magic to protect it again." What Ilasi was thinking about at the moment was the grounding spells used for the lightning rods - they would need to be reinforced frequently throughout the storm.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#312 Posted: 14:50:35 29/03/2019
"That's not good. I know you can swim well, but if we fall into the water, we'll be at it's mercy." Maverick warned, surrounding Ilasi with his arm and grabbing one mast to prevent themselves from falling overboard.

Angora could see from the distance how the water broke as the creature approached, and in a swift reaction, tied the unconscious Shade's tail to a pole, climbing to his head and bracing herself by grabbing one of his horns. In the heat of the moment, she didn't notice Sere using his magic, so she tried to use her own. She wanted to try to produce her shield at one side of the ship, but with the swinging of the ship, it was too hard to concentrate.
"Come on! Just leave us alone!" she begged the creature telepathically, who was now feet away from ramming the giant ship. Speaking that way was much easier than producing the shield, and since she could see where the beast was, she could focus her telepathy better. However, at this rate, it was just another animal beyond reason, but if there was a chance this creature had some level of intelligence, it was worth trying. If it didn't work, all that was left to do was get ready for impact...
---
#313 Posted: 16:59:18 29/03/2019
Star realized what the creature was about to do. With his light frame, he'd be sent overboard on impact if the jolt wasn't mitigated. He dug his claws in, survival instinct overwhelming his usual logical approach. "Th-that thing's gonna ram us!?" He crouched low, bringing his center of mass as low as possible.
---
#314 Posted: 20:03:32 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Just as Sere fired the light beam the creature heard Angora telepathic pled. It dove under the water just before it could hit the ship. ”Tell Your Captain you’re in my waters! Tell him to put down sword and I will talk with him.” the creature said it’s voice booming in her mind. ”I do not tolerate trespassing.”
---
SC
#315 Posted: 20:23:16 29/03/2019
Angora was startled at the creature's answer. She wasn't expecting the beast to answer her plea, even less to cease it's attack. While she didn't like the idea of lowering their guards, especially after this thing tried to take Shade, she nevertheless answered.
"Ok. Ok. Just calm down. Please, we don't mean to trespass. We just need to get to a place and this is the fastest route." the troll said calmly, rather relieved that the creature was intelligent enough to talk, which meant there was a possibility of reasoning with it. But the ability to speech didn't necessarily meant he would be willing to listen, so she remained wary. She approached Sere, not even sure who she was afraid of the most.

"Sere? I mean... sir? Captain? The... the creature... it... it talked to me. It can speak through telepathy. He wants you to put down your sword and speak." Angora said to the Guardian with trembling lips, afraid that Sere would take his anger at the creature at her, or not listen to her and make things worse...
---
#316 Posted: 20:29:49 29/03/2019
Though Sere was rather wary of this creature's desire to speak (especially with the request coming from Angora instead of the creature itself), he decided that it wouldn't hurt to try. After all, it would take only mere moments to draw his sword again. He sheathed his blade, before responding.
"We need to pass through these waters to get to our destination," Sere telepathed to the creature. "Permit us to pass, and we won't be in your territory for long."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#317 Posted: 20:35:40 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The creature reared it’s head from the water. It’s face was full of scales and fins on both sides of its head bustling with electrical energy. It would be unwise to make it angry at this range. “And what do you have to offer in exchange for passage?”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:32 29/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#318 Posted: 20:48:19 29/03/2019
Djinn interjected a telepathic question. Are you hungry? I could supply all the food you could ever want! Or maybe you want shinies? Any wish I could grant!
Star forced himself not to attack.
---
#319 Posted: 21:16:48 29/03/2019
Angora took a closer look without leaving Shade's side, seeing for herself the size of the creature's head, and how bizzare looking it was. From what little she could see, it looked like a combination of a fish, and eel and a dragon. It was nowhere near as big as the White Shadow, or so it seemed. It was hard to tell with just part of it's head sticking out. Something in exhange? She shuddered to think what could this creature possibly want from them. Maverick had many stuff in his bag. Perhaps he'll accept a gift from him?

Maverick had been bracing for impact this entire time, and he was beyond confused when absolutely nothing happened. Did the creature... stopped in it's tracks? What was going on? He would soon get his answer when Angora contacted him.
"Hey Maverick! Another giant creature, huh? Luckily, this one seems to be willing to let us go if we give it something in return. Please tell me you have something in that miraculous bag of yours that could please this creature." Angora told telepathically, with Maverick still confused but hopeful that he could have anything. But what could a creature like this want? He didn't know about Djinn's ability, and neither did Angora. While Maverick searched and thought on what the beast could want, the troll was instead more worried about the request. It tried to take Shade away, and she didn't want to think why. All that was left was to hear it's request...
---
#320 Posted: 21:50:40 29/03/2019
Sere was rather unwilling to negotiate with this creature, not feeling it trustworthy enough - and this creature would pose a threat to other ships in the area. "In exchange, we won't have to kill you," Sere said simply, as he gripped Grimbane in its sheath. "Stand aside, or you will be swept aside." The crew trained the heavy ballistae at the creature, as the ship kept moving forward.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#321 Posted: 21:58:51 29/03/2019
Angora pulled her ears in frustration and fear. Just how arrogant was this man? Even if they could defeat the creature, it would clearly do a lot of damage before it died. It just pulled Shade with ease earlier, and even rendered him unconscious. There was no telling what he could do to them.
"Captain? Can't we just... see what he would want before doing anything?" she asked respectfully but with clear nervousness, hating how Sere was already threatening the beast without even trying to give it something that may please him and prevent any unecessary violence.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:07:41 29/03/2019 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#322 Posted: 21:59:02 29/03/2019
Quote:
The sounds of the storm intensified within the wyvern pen as the ship got deeper and deeper into it. "Yeah... might be a bit late for that now," Latnok said. "Any dessert I could prepare would be ruined by the weather between here and the entrance to the inner ship. Looks like I'm stuck here until Godfather Sere pulls me out." Latnok remained seated, somewhat disappointed that he wouldn't be able to prepare food as he had offered, but curious to see how the situation would play out with the dragons and the one flowery creature holed up together.
Quote:
Darkheart crooned sweetly, continuing her affection.

Raclaw didn't immediately offer an response an account of being otherwise distracted. He gleefully returned the black dragoness' show of affection and followed through with more affection of his own. With their tails tightly coiled and Darkheart not letting go anytime soon.. he was most definitely a dragon claimed on two fronts now. Latnok had his collar/loyalty and-- assuming all worked out --Darkheart would now have his heart and continued faithfulness. He would continue to be a good friend and a loyal companion for as long as such an arrangement continued to work out. And with Darkheart, he would try to be the best mate that he possibly be given his previous inexperience on the subject. He was now experiencing feelings that he had never felt before and he would be happy to explore them further for long as his dragoness would have him. He would soon follow up on Darkheart's purrs and croons by his own variation on the verbal sign of affection-- a content noise that lied between dragonoid and canine, perhaps distinct to the fur dragon or distinct to just him.

And as the lovefest continued between the two dragons-- Raclaw would eventually begin to notice *else* watching the ship. As he got more and more into the act, his senses would at times inadvertently activate and expand. He sensed the very passionate Darkheart of course (whose emotions were very... intense) and he of course sensed Latnok-- the Guardian seemed pleased in what his favor for had brought his beloved companion. There was nothing like feeling your own love, both via Latnok and via the much closer Darkheart. But beyond that-- there was something else too. 'Chester, Crew members, Angora, and ...a mastermind?!,' his thoughts exclaimed having not expected one to arrive so upon entering the zone. As his telepathic senses read the ship, he would also inadvertently relay these findings and his own thoughts to both Latnok -and- Darkheart. Chester continued to lay down aside Latnok.

And elsewhere-- Risar issued orders and kept the ship ready for combat. The large minotaur encouraged the men and some of the newly converted prisoners to be fearless. And even if some of the former prisoners weren't entirely fearless, they would at least try to act the part so as to at least retain their freedom and place aboard the Enduring Lagacy. The men would be ready for any required effort.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#323 Posted: 22:11:56 29/03/2019
Sere continued to speak, without removing his gaze from the creature. "Let's say we appease this creature. What then? We move on, and it attacks another ship, and destroys it. Hundreds of people gone. Then another ship. Then another ship. This creature is no better than any highwayman, and I've put them down where I've seen them, too." Sere wasn't surprised at Angora's short-sightedness, and would see what she had to say next to justify such a scenario.

"Oh, not these things again," Latnok said in frustration. Fortunately, he hadn't had *too* much to drink, but nevertheless, he much preferred fighting sober. Though he was off-duty, he figured it in his best interest to engage whatever might be in store for them. Grabbing his weapons, he ran out into the storm, to be greeted by the sight of the massive eel.

Meanwhile, the mastermind continued to watch the encounter patiently. During this time, it sent a telepathic message to something in the general area. Time would tell what this was...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#324 Posted: 22:28:39 29/03/2019
Angora with a lowered head and submissive stance replied to him.
"We're trespassing... sir. The creature's upset because of that, not anything else. It's... understandable to feel upset when your home is invaded..." Angora explained meekly, avoiding eye contact, despising the way Sere's solution to everything was to exterminate others so that their homes could be used and claimed by other humans and their subordinates. However, she knew she was taking a risk, since that's what the creature to,d her, but it might as well be lying to lower their guards. She remained cautious herself despite her attempts of reasons...
---
#325 Posted: 22:32:29 29/03/2019
"We are 'trespassing' as much as passers-by are 'tresspassing' on a highwayman's turf," Sere retorted, his sight still firmly focused on the eel. "I don't negotiate with criminals. If it feels that passers-by have no right to these waters, well, we'll correct that perspective now, won't we?"
Latnok would soon bring himself to Sere's side. "I'm here, ready for whatever might happen," he said.
"Good. Man one of the ballistae," Sere ordered. "Your enchanted bolts will come in handy here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#326 Posted: 23:45:43 29/03/2019
Asking herself why she was even bothering to try and reason with Sere. He only went along with his own plans and barely listened to anybody, especially her. Not wanting to talk to the captain anymore, Angira instead took a few step to be closer to the creature, wanting to demonstrate she could be brave enough to face it and plead for their safe passage.
"Please. Just let us through..." she said, both with her mouth and telepathically, uncertain on what the creature could want but trusting Maverick had something in that bag of his if it became very insistent with receiving something.

Maverick was still searching his bag, but the wind and rain made it very hard and uncomfortable. He didn't want to damage the items inside, so he simple felt them and figured what they were instead of taking them out in the soaking rain. She then saw his bag glowing, and remembered the glowing fungi he purchased at the galud's caves. He didn't know how to speak telepathically, and he didn't want to yell and startle everybody or be rude to the creature, so he instead waited for Angora to look his way so that she could see the glowing fungus and ask if it'll do...
---
#327 Posted: 00:48:51 30/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Do not test me! My scales are impervious to your weak weapons.” The creature said. “This is my home and you crossed into my home without my permission! I demand an apology!” The electrical energy flared making its body glow blue.
---
SC
#328 Posted: 00:53:49 30/03/2019
Sere was not at all fazed by the creature's attempts at a threat. He unsheathes Grimbane, prepared for battle. "Fire when ready," he ordered.
The sound of ballistae loading bolts could be heard over the storm. Latnok enchanted his bolt for an explosive attack.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:32:53 30/03/2019 by A Guy
#329 Posted: 01:07:34 30/03/2019
Angora wasn't surprised by Sere's reaction. She really wanted to have some little faith in him. But for someone who has been a leader and has lived many years, he was incredibly stupid.
"Captain! If I may, we don't have to recur to violence. Isn't it the best option to pass through here without any bloodshed? Please..." Angora begged, still being respectful despite believing Sere didn't deserved it. Just what was wrong with him? Was his pride more important than his very life? Or the life of his crew? Angora had her own pride, but she still always chose life above it.

Maverick was still trying to get Angora to notice him. He didn't want to leave Ilasi behind to drag herself in this downpour. The rain was so strong, it didn't let him hear what was going on. He didn't even know the creature could talk. He and Ilasi were so soaked, he was afraid that they, or at least him, would catch a cold at this rate. But being with Ilasi and assisting Angora was his top priority now.
---
#330 Posted: 01:17:16 30/03/2019
"The best option is whatever dissuades this creature from ever attacking another ship again," Sere responded with telepathy. "One day you will be able to see further than the next hour and look at years to come. You would choose to discard the lives of thousands who come after us. If you are uncomfortable with how I lead, then by all means, you're free to leave."

Ilasi was amazed at the size of the creature - she had never seen anything like it in her life. But then again, this was the danger zone of Falcon's Beak - anything was possible. Further divination detected some movement below the surface - she was unable to get any more information, however.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#331 Posted: 01:28:13 30/03/2019
Angora wanted to cry with the rude dismissal, but Sere's reaction was so predictable, not a single tear was shed, but even if it did, it would be camouflaged with the rain. She looked at Maverick, pretty much the only being for now that put her in a good mood with his mere presence, and looked at the glowing fungi glowing from inside Maverick's bag.
"Listen, you don't kill people, right? You just want us to leave, no? My friend has some glowing fungi if you like things shiny." Angora commented to the creature, really trying to resolve this conflict peacefully. The old Angora would've let Sere try to kill the creature and maybe even pray for the two of them to die, but thanks to Maverick, she knew the benefits of trying to resolve matters without violence and only use it when there was absolutely no choice.
---
#332 Posted: 03:32:46 30/03/2019
Darkheart blinked, trying to figure out what Raclaw was referring to. She wasn't used to telepathy.
Star approached the creature and gently but earnestly warned it. "We are not a group you want to fight. Rest assured, the others will kill you if it comes to blows." He fidgeted with the ChronoModifier. This creature reminded him a little of Stone. Even entering too deep into the Noctus Woods was taken as a challenge. "Do you have a family of any kind? I just want to know if that's why you're being so aggressive. Or perhaps you're protecting something else. If so, you should know we only intend to pass through, nothing else. If not... You should know fighting us is essentially throwing your life away." The Zoroark's tone was calm and matter-of-fact, but he broiled with internal energy. If the beast attacked... Star wouldn't hesitate to reveal why he was so well-known among even Legendaries. His cloak rippled from the machinery underneath, and he allowed it to open at the front so he could remove it quickly if need be.
---
#333 Posted: 09:16:36 30/03/2019
Sere shot Angora and Maverick a venomous glance. Even after all of their experience on the ship, they still chose insubordination over following orders - to do their own thing instead of being unified in a course of action. "So you two know my stance on the matter - you just don't care, and consciously choose to disobey it. This will be noted." Sere wouldn't tolerate further disobedience from these two - he had already been more lenient with them than he would be with others. Any more, and the rest of the crew might start to follow suit. He would have to make an example of them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#334 Posted: 12:52:43 30/03/2019
Maverick could hear Sere was saying something, but due to the pouring rain, he couldn't listen. The poor hybrid had no clue to what was going on. The troll instead, gave a very disappointing look at her feet to avoid looking at Sere, but her disappointment was more to herself than to him. How could she try to give some friendly advice to him of all people? Hasn't she learned her lesson? Sere was a violent, abusive old man who always had his way. She and Maverick were just pieces of crap that could be disposed of whenever he wanted.
"Ok captain. I'm sorry for the suggestion. I shall await orders... sir." Angora said in a neutral voice, trying to fix things with him, even though she knew it was probably impossible now. She waved with the front of her arm to Maverick, pointing at him to put the mushrooms away.

Maverick did that, but he was so confused. The beast was still there, apparently just talking, and Angora looked so down. Did the beast say something to her? Or was it possible that Sere chose to scold her at a time like this? He honestly would believe anything from that Guardian. Maverick was desperate to know what was going on, but he didn't want to be there to leave Ilasi alone to drag herself, and he didn't want to bring himself or his girlfriend in front of the beast either.
"This is so extraño. Something is happening out there, but I can't hear a thing." he said to the mermaid, feeling quite frustrated, which was very rare in him.
---
#335 Posted: 13:07:24 30/03/2019
Sere could see that, by Maverick's confused behavior, he most likely didn't hear what he was saying - he would convey his orders through telepathy this time. "You two are a threat to the success of our voyage. I need people who are unified in a course of action, not people who are consistently disobedient and do the opposite of what I say because you think you know better than someone who's been doing this for over a century. I have avoided giving you the punishment that I would give any other crew member who did the same thing - that ends today. Go back to your cabins for now - when we're done here, I will ring a bell, and you two can explain your justification for your mutinous actions to the crew before I throw you in our brig. You will be dismissed on the next island we find." Sere's tolerance had been pushed to its limit, and he saw the actions of Angora and Maverick as a deliberate, brazen attempt to subvert his authority. Such a thing would set a precedent if left unchecked.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#336 Posted: 13:41:01 30/03/2019
Angora placed herself behind Shade and tied his tail to the pole harder in case the ship rocked too much with the creature's attack. If Sere wanted to be a violent jerk, then so be it. If his crewmembers died because of his obsession with attacking anything he considered a threat, it would be in his conscience (if he had any), not hers. She hid her face in her little cloak, finally crying, and speaking to the orb in her pocket.
"I'm close to you sir. But... we have this inconvenience. Even if we survive... if I survive, I just know he'll keep abusing me. I thank you for your attempt for helping though sir. I will still try to make my way to you... but... I can make no promises now." Angora said sorrowfully to the orb, hoping that the stranger could hear her. Despite asking for forgiveness, she prayed that this stranger would know how grateful she was to him for wanting to help her when everybody else turned their back on them.

Maverick listened to Sere's telepathic message, and gave a what did I do now kind of look to him. Shedding a single tear, he vented with Ilasi.
"Sere... the captain... he scolded me. He just punished me. Says he wants to dump me and Angora on an island. Why? What did I do now? What did she do? It couldn't be that bad! Why does he hates us so much Ilasi? Are we really so evil?" Maverick asked, crying on his girlfriend's shoulders. It didn't take him long to realize Angora did something to provoke Sere's short fuse and that he was being blamed too, but whatever it was, he knew it couldn't be so bad to the point of letting them marooned on a dangerous, Falcon's beak island. That is something he knew his father would do...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:21 30/03/2019 by Felines
#337 Posted: 14:09:04 30/03/2019
All of a sudden, Angora's orb would start to emit a vibrant glow, albeit subdued by the weather. "We feel your despair, child," it answered."We have been following your pilgrimage... and have become aware of this creature claiming our waters as its own. It is an interesting specimen, so we will research it." The glow of the orb faded - and the darkening of the waters underneath became more noticeable. Something - or a lot of things - were approaching...

Ilasi was confused and shocked. Now? Of all times? She was with Maverick, and he hadn't done a thing wrong. "This... this is an outrage!" she cried out. "You didn't do anything! I was with you the whole time! How... how? I... I have to speak to the captain... I have to say something." Ilasi couldn't afford to abandon the journey - violating the contract signed in Aelinon would essentially make her a pariah there when Sere came back and presented it to the legal offices - or to Laszur, who was on board. Yet, if Maverick was left on the island, she would be all alone...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#338 Posted: 14:24:33 30/03/2019
Angora was rather confused. Their waters? Was that the truth? Whether it was or not, Angora didn't care. She wasn't going to question the only man besides Maverick who was ever willing to aid her in such a time of need. Too few people ever cared that way about her. The beast seemed simply to be witnessing everything. She didn't noticed the darker waters from her position, so all she did for now was brace for impact in case the creature decided to take on Sere's sadistic option...

Feeling ashamed, Maverick stopped Ilasi and ceased his crying. What kind of man would cry like that, especially when they didn't do anything so wrong to deserve such punishment.
"No, no Ilasi. Por favor mi vida. I don't want you to get punished because of me. El capitán may be a harsh man, but he's not entirely unreasonable. Let me talk to him." Maverick said holding her shoulders, stopping the crying but his cracked voice giving away his depression. He found everything so unfair. Whenever Sere was displeased about something, he always seem to choose him and Angora to take his anger out. He didn't know what Angora did, but she had been so hardworking and obedient throughout the whole voyage, she doubted it was as bad as to abandon them on a treacherous island like a pirate would do.
---
#339 Posted: 14:40:45 30/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The creature looked at Star. “Oh? So you indeed have family? Just as I do.” The glow around the creature went away. “Look I can see you people are adventurous type but these waters are full of dangers. Dangers you have yet to meet.” It said. “Look I only said these waters are mine to make you leave. I do not attack unless attacked by others. I wanted to scare you away. These waters have something that even I’m afraid of.” He then looked at the darker waters and looked wide eyed. It then suddenly swam away in fear.
---
SC
#340 Posted: 15:01:07 30/03/2019
Angora was done talking with the orb just in time to listen to what the beast said. Was that it? Was it going to leave just like that? Was it really over? No fight? But... that can't be right. There was one thing Angora desperately wanted to know.
"Wait! Why did you try to take Shade... the black dragon away?" she quickly asked telepathically, though she wasn't certain the message had reached. Was the beast really trying to protect them from something else?
---
#341 Posted: 15:06:07 30/03/2019 | Topic Creator
”just run from that place!” the creature said before the link was lost.
---
SC
#342 Posted: 15:22:16 30/03/2019
Angora was angry that the creature didn't answer her question, but now she had lost contact with it. She really believed he meant harm to Shade when it tried to drag him away. Was it going to eat him? It didn't matter now. It was gone, and a fight was prevented. She really hoped Sere would decide to move the ship instead of going after the beast, but given how foolishly stubborn he was, she had no doubts he would be stupid enough to do the latter. For now, she was glad that a fight was avoided. Angora still intended to make it to the island, regardless of the creature's warning.

Maverick saw the beast leaving and was now more comfused than ever, but that thing was the least of his problems now. After they braced this storm and reached the island, he would have a more serious problem at hand...
---
#343 Posted: 15:41:23 30/03/2019
Star nodded calmly at the creature before it left. "In the past... I learned what it was like to lose everything I love. Now I have a family again. I rebuilt my life from the ground up, dealing with grief. Whatever it is you fear, I will willingly investigate." He shot a look at Sere. As it turned out, simply talking to the creature revealed valuable information. He glanced at Angora. The troll didn't seem surprised, or even that upset. It was like she expected the harsh treatment. Returning his gaze to what he was saying, he resumed speaking, whether or not anyone listened. "I am the leader of a small group of protectors of an ancient forest known as the Noctus Woods. Some call the forest cursed. I call it home." As always, the Zoroark's tone was calm to the point it seemed he didn't care about much of anything. Then he noticed it was already gone. "Hmm? Oh. He left. Okay." The Zoroark shrugged lazily.
---
#344 Posted: 15:42:19 30/03/2019
As the eel creature moved away, the dark swarm below the water began to follow it - it seems that their attention was already fixated on it. Eventually, however, it ceased and broke apart.
"We will research the creature if we ever manage to locate it again," the orb said to Angora as it glowed once more. "Continue with your pilgrimage. The storm will only get stronger from here - but it has a boundary, and will be no threat to you once you pass it. You all must prove your worthiness and ride it out. The strong will survive."
Sere, not having any effective means to chase the creature as it ran away, was counting on killing it when it attacked - he had no means to kill it should it choose not to fight. "Hmm, bigger threats on these waters, enough to make it run away... We continue for now. Chasing it in this weather would be a futile suicide mission for the sake of a wild goose chase."
Sere hadn't forgotten what he said, however. As soon as the threat was gone, he grabbed his bell and began to ring it. That was calling for all hands on deck - which, in rain and storm conditions, would be the cafeteria on the bottom deck instead. Only the essential personnel would remain on deck to help keep the ship in service; the others would all head down."You will be there," he telepathed to Angora and Maverick, in case they forgot.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#345 Posted: 15:50:14 30/03/2019
With his tail secured, Angora left Shade and headed to where everyone was heading, avoiding eye contact with everybody, even Maverick, and not replying to the orb. The hybrid picked Ilasi gently on his arms to prevent her from dragging herself and followed everyone else, knowing he had to be prepared with whatever Sere had to say to them. The only thing that was calming his nerves is that he had witnesses, and not just Ilasi this time. The new recruits, particularly the one that looked like a cyborg werewolf was there, and he was conscious that this was an unfair treatment, but the Zoroark looked like somebody that could be relied, so Maverick had faith that he and Angora wouldn't be alone in their defense.
---
#346 Posted: 15:56:57 30/03/2019
As the crew all began to pour in to the cafeteria, it was becoming more and more crowded - it wasn't built for an entire crew to sit in at once, but it was the biggest space they had to gather that wasn't on deck, so it would have to suffice.
Sere, stood on a table, watched as everyone came in, including Maverick carrying Ilasi. Once he felt that there was an adequate presence, he began. "Angora. Maverick. Make your way to the table and stand on it so we can all see you," he ordered. "Laszur, you too." The galud complied, maneuvering his way through the crowd quickly despite the crowded space.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#347 Posted: 16:00:40 30/03/2019
Star walked below decks, closing his cloak on the way. His right eye was closed again, and as he passed Sere he looked at the vaguely familiar bell. Some bells could summon Legendary Pokemon. Of course, this one probably couldn't, but...
Djinn used his rings to teleport directly to the cafeteria rather than actually bothering to move.
Star's mind whirled as he readied himself for the inevitable. He hadn't done that different from Angora and Maverick. Why had Sere singled them out? He'd spoken as much to the creature as they had. Or was it that they had the audacity to suggest a nonviolent solution to Sere? He felt a low, instinctive anger at the aggression towards Angora in particular. He'd grown fond of her, and whether she knew it or not, he counted her as part of his rather varied pack.
---
#348 Posted: 16:10:19 30/03/2019
Maverick pulled a chair with one leg and sat Ilasi gently among the front of the crowd, proceeding to stand on the table as Sere had ordered to. He gave a little smile to Ilasi to assure his girlfriend that everything will be fine. Angora climbed the table with some effort and stood besides Maverick, feeling like she was being tried like a criminal like in the past. What hurt the most is that she was being humiliated this way all because she wanted to prevent violence, something that characterized her own species. What was worse, the galud that brought them so much suffering was there too, but Angora had no expression. With her droopy ears and noticeable eye bags, she almost looked like a pitiful creature just waiting to be stabbed in the back and put out of her misery. As Maverick waited for Sere to speak again, he avoided looking at Angora, not wanting to feel guilty and depressed for being unable to do anything for her. He knew she was suffering, yet there was nothing he could do that he hasn't already tried. He wanted to keep his cool in order to remain a respectful gentleman and be ready for anything...
---
#349 Posted: 16:36:51 30/03/2019
Sere gave the two a stern look as he towered above them, ready to begin the discussion. "For those who are not aware," he announced, "we had an encounter with a dangerous sea creature attempting to extort us for safe passage. Before this, the creature attacked us, immediately trying to drown Shade, the Scourge of Redwater, before attempting to ram our ship. Make no mistake, this creature would have had no problems killing us, if we did not show that we wouldn't go down as simply as being rammed.
"Angora suggested appeasing this creature, and I clearly said that we would not be negotiating with it. Nevertheless, she and Maverick chose to continue their attempts to appease the creature, with no guarantee that it would follow its word and not just attack us once our guard was lowered, and they would prefer to leave thousands who may come after us to die.
"Now, tell me, how many of you have disobeyed a direct order from me?"
None of the crew raised their hands.
"You all know why we have leaders. If we all act together, we are unified, and there is strength in unity. Those who seek to do whatever the hell they feel like are a threat to our unity and to the voyage by extension, and cannot be trusted when we may call on them. There has been a consistent pattern of disrespect and disobedience from Angora, and though Maverick fares much better, he was complicit in this as well. If you cannot be trusted to not contradict orders because you personally don't agree with them, then you are useless to us. What do you have to say for yourselves?"
Latnok and Ilasi both watched with suspense, and in Ilasi's case, a feeling of dread and worry. A tear or two began to fall from her eyes, despite her best efforts. Leoquin, being busy navigating the ship, would have to find out the details later.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#350 Posted: 16:48:30 30/03/2019
Maverick was about to speak, understanding now why Sere was so upset with him, but Angora saw his intentions and pinched his leg to make him shut up. He was already in trouble for something he didn't do, and if he opened his mouth, the troll had no doubt the old Guardian would direct his anger on him even more some and maybe even make his punishment worse.
"It's all due respect, captain, I was only trying to make us pass through these waters without any conflict. I wanted to avoid violence if there was a chance. Maverick didn't know what was going on. He was too far to hear us and I'm sure the rain didn't help. I telepathed to him to give me something from his bag, nothing else. He didn't know what was happening. And I just wanted to help..." Angora explained submissively, being as respectful as possible to Sere even though he didn't deserve it. If she was going down, she wasn't going to let Maverick take the fall with her. She was speaking politely to Sere in hopes there was a tiny bit of chance he would change his mind, but even if he was impossible to please, them perhaps the crew would be more understanding. If they could see how submissive she was being, and how she genuinely tried to help, then maybe things will be easier on her. After all, the creature stopped it's ramming because she decided to speak to it. Sere didn't even had that iniciative and wanted to go straight to the violence.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:49:32 30/03/2019 by Felines
First | Previous | Page 7 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me