Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 48 49 50
Shining Light (legend of Orion. Private) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#251 Posted: 03:59:31 27/03/2019
Latnok headed down to the inner ship with Chester - he would briefly rummage through the stockpiles for meat, before finding some brined beef and several herbs for seasoning. "You're going to be my taste-tester, Chester," Latnok said eagerly. He quickly carried the goods into the kitchen, laying the meat out on the counter to be diced.

The Prison Bottle spirit proved to be ever persistent - why was it curious about Angora? Sere wondered. "I treat her like I would anyone else," Sere telepathed. "I enforce discipline amongst all of my crew, and all of my crew is respectful and obedient. In time, she will also succeed - it'll be as easy as she wants it to be." Sere contemplated how Angora could still, after all this time, still refuse to treat him and others with the proper respect.
---
I'm just... a guy...
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#252 Posted: 04:12:55 27/03/2019
Quote: darknessdawn
Darkheart nodded, her face turning redder and redder. She couldn't stop blushing, and had no clue why!

As Darkheart began to blush more and more-- so too did Raclaw. "I'm sorry about this-- it was more Latnok's idea than my own, but..," the fur dragon started to say as his face got redder. "Well.. I've been meaning to.. I mean to say..," he started to say as they walked only to come to a sudden loss of words. They were really doing it; and they would be 'trapped' in this first date for who knew how long depending on the storm. Latnok was no doubt already thinking of what to prepare them and he didn't even want to know just how large that 'tub of wine' would end up being. Knowing Latnok, it would be a very *grand* meal indeed. He just hoped that it would go well, that Darkheart truly felt how he suspected the dragoness had felt, and that they weren't unknowingly incompatible with each other despite whatever feelings the two dragons may have felt for each other.

---
Quote: A Guy
Latnok headed down to the inner ship with Chester - he would briefly rummage through the stockpiles for meat, before finding some brined beef and several herbs for seasoning. "You're going to be my taste-tester, Chester," Latnok said eagerly. He quickly carried the goods into the kitchen, laying the meat out on the counter to be diced.

"Okay!," Chester barked with one single bark of joy. The little Beagle was already tasting his lips at the mere thought of whatever grand meal Latnok had in store for his favorite fur dragon. He felt somewhat bad for Raclaw though and the awkwardness/whatnot that was no doubt infecting Raclaw's mind.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:16:11 27/03/2019 by redwes
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#253 Posted: 04:23:16 27/03/2019
Ilasi was visibly startled by Angora's sudden appearance, and surprised by her seemingly initiating a conversation. "Oh, uh, hey Angora... yeah, the whole transformation thing isn't all it's made out to be. Just nature's way of making sure we're always ready to swim, I guess... Maverick insisted on carrying me the last time I was in my aquatic form. Sometimes, I wonder what I ever did to deserve his kindness..." Ilasi's gaze subconsciously drifted away as she started mentioning Maverick - though her confidence had grown, there was still something to be desired.

Angora was almost tempted to answer that last question, still not forgiving Ilasi for practically telling Maverick that one time to ditch his friends to 'get on with his life' whatever that meant to her. But she knew too well that would simply bring a worse strain than before, so she left the subject out.
"Well, now you have him... and I have Shade... as soon as his restriction is off." Angora expressed, believing she was losing Maverick to Ilasi. In her melancholy and negativity, the little troll still believed the mermaid hated her, despite Ilasi herself having mentioned several times in the past that wasn't the case.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#254 Posted: 04:26:20 27/03/2019
The spirit responded with more laughter. You responded harshly over a single word. She's never been in a military or been a sailor, so saying "sir" or "ma'am" isn't automatic for her. More laughter echoed in Sere's head. Even I can see how much effort she's putting forth to cooperate. She seems... Defeated, more than anything else. The echoing laughter continued. Your fallacy is revealed by your own words. She's completely unused to your way of life. So why expect her to follow it flawlessly? The spirit was enjoying the chance to taunt Sere, mocking him for sport - and to glean more information about Angora.
Darkheart nodded shyly. "Yes, let's do that." She followed Raclaw.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:18 27/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#255 Posted: 04:29:15 27/03/2019
Latnok happily continued to toil away in the kitchen. Once the meat was appropriately diced, he began the delicate process of cooking the meat to perfection - supplemented by his own application of magic, naturally. As he moved through the process, he experimented with many different flavors - trying to find one that seemed "fancy" - and Chester was more than willing to offer his opinion after tasting every sample. In the end, he allowed Chester to pick the flavoring, considering that his diet had many similarities with Raclaw's.

Once Latnok had loaded an entire cart full of meat, he began to set out. He wondered if Raclaw and Darkheart had moved into the pen yet...

Sere could tell that the spirit was attempting to rile him up, wanting him to show some sort of weakness. He wasn't going to give the spirit that satisfaction. "She has had much more time to adapt than an any civilian entering the military would. I have rules, and she knows what they are. I have certainly rewarded her good behavior, as you have seen - my treatment is just. I do not make exceptions for specific crew members." The spirit was obviously prying for information - but maybe Sere could get information of his own. See how much it knew...

OOC: God damn it, darknessdawn...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:42:40 27/03/2019 by A Guy
#256 Posted: 04:43:25 27/03/2019
Raclaw wasn't immediately sure how to respond, but would soon lead Darkheart into the pen. "Hey Veris-- don't mind us. We'll just be over here.," he casually greeted the Wyvern as the two dragons tried to make room. It wasn't the largest space in the world, but it really was the only space available that could manage to hold both dragon and dragoness alike. Raclaw wondered if he should've tried to clean up at all, but of course he had almost no warning before Latnok had immediately got the ball rolling. He thought about maybe adapting the tail band to look more 'fancy,' but Darkheart had already seen him anyway.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:48:06 27/03/2019 by redwes
#257 Posted: 04:55:41 27/03/2019
Veris was a little bored, though satisfied with the usual morning flight that Sere gave him. He would soon brighten up, however, as Raclaw and Darkheart came in. "Raclaw! How are you doing, buddy? What's the dragoness doing here? Didn't she go her own way months ago?" he asked in his own tongue. Having someone he could just speak to without gestures did wonders for him.
Veris would soon be too distracted to receive an answer, at least for the time being. He raisee up his head, sniffing the air audibly and intently. "Can you smell that? FOOD!" he called out, eager as ever.
Latnok would soon come in with the cartful of cooked, seasoned meat, Cheater in tow, with Veris giving him an expectant stare. "Don't worry, Veris, there's enough for you here too," he said, not even needing to hear Veris ask. The wyvern was rather predictable in that regard. Latnok set the meat down before Raclaw and Darkheart, grabbing some large pieces set aside to toss at Veris - the wyvern wolfed down the meat without a second thought.
"Now, you guys wait right here... I'm going to bring something to wash it down with," Latnok assured, leaving the two alone again (as alone as they could be with Veris, anyway.)
---
I'm just... a guy...
#258 Posted: 05:24:59 27/03/2019
As Latnok left the pen, Raclaw quickly addressed Veris so as to avoid too many interruptions dealing the big event. "It's a long story, but she has decided to return to us. And I'm doing alright-- some embarrassment aside. We are actually.. uh.. on a date if you can believe it. That is also a long story.," Raclaw responded to Veris via telepathic bond although some of his feelings would also be clear to the Wyvern. "Don't worry-- Veris is pretty friendly. This is the only space on the ship that can uh.. protect both a dragon and dragoness from the storm.," Raclaw then said out loud explaining Latnok's reason for choosing that location as the location of their (known to him) first date. Chester would follow Latnok, prepared to leave the two dragons alone once again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:47 27/03/2019 by redwes
#259 Posted: 15:29:40 27/03/2019
Veris gave a toothy grin as he picked up his head in understanding. "Oh! I see! Try flaring your wings! Give a mighty roar! Show your strength and size! That always works for me, getting a mate!" Veris urged Raclaw - his speech coming off as a series of hisses and shrieks to those unfamiliar with it. Veris was woefully unaware of just how different his typical situation and his calculated, perfected heritage and upbringing varied from Raclaw, who was born a dragon like any other (with fur instead of scales) and grew up with a simple family. Getting a mate wouldn't just be as simple as showing off his perfectly developed features.

Ilasi listened to Angora, detecting the sadness in her voice - and noticed something else she said, or rather what she didn't say. "I have Maverick... and you have Shade... What do you mean? Maverick loves you to death," Ilasi said in her attempts to reassure the troll, as she brought herself into a sitting position on the floor to be level with her. "He has told me - that he just can't abandon you after all you have done for him. Just about a fortnight ago, he dismissed me with Dahlia so he could spend time with you. Meanwhile, when he was with me, he had no problem letting my lecherous mermaid friend get all over him and make advances - I was the one who had to tell her that we were in a relationship... And then he tells me to just get used to it! I... I just want to know if he... cares as much as..." Ilasi's tone soon changed from comforting to resentful as she trailed off in her own doubts. As much as she wanted to completely forget about what happened, the issue had never truly been addressed, having seemingly been swept under the rug by both parties, neither wanting to acknowledge it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#260 Posted: 18:01:19 27/03/2019
Angora didn't believe what Ilasi told her about Maverick. She have no doubts the mermaid was overreacting.
"Well I'm certain you misunderstood. The way you're saying it makes it sound like he was rude to you, and that's no Maverick. I've known him for far longer than you have. Are you sure you weren't just jealous? Maverick does tend to attract attention, and being the stupidly gentle man he is, he can't dismiss it." Angora theorized, believing that whoever Ilasi's friend was, she clearly showed an interest in Maverick and he just couldn't shake her off, even if he was currently on a relationship.

"You really have to stop that Ilasi. Maverick is the kindest man you'll know. Do you know who his father was? The most disgusting, bloodthirsty piece of crap you can imagine! He was forcing Maverick to be as ruthless as him, but he just wasn't that way! Have you seen those scars on his belly? That was his own father's doing whenever he disobeyed an order! One time it was so severe, I almost believed he was gutting him! I lost count on how many times Maverick came to my cabin crying his eyes out cause he couldn't stand his own life! He relied on me, a hated troll... or in their belief, an ugly little goblin, for some comfort." Angora lectured harshly, really believing Ilasi was being unfair to poor Maverick, someone who would do practically anything to help those in need, whether it was his girlfriend, his friends, or even complete strangers.
---
#261 Posted: 18:20:49 27/03/2019
The depressing story, naturally, did little to uplift Ilasi's somewhat somber mood - the thought of Maverick being ruthlessly slashed by his own father, again and again and again, made her physically wince. "Yes, I... I know all that..." she said. "He's told me the story. With special attention to how you were his shining jewel, his light at the end of the tunnel. I know... but... he essentially just laughed off my concerns. Like they weren't even worth considering! He's kind beyond all reason... but that... It makes me wonder - what happens when he finds someone better than me, and casually goes out with her for a night of fun? Will I just be tossed aside? ...I just want something that tells me that he actually cares about what I said about that." With Angora seemingly not caring about her concerns either, Ilasi was internally becoming more frustrated - was this conversation as futile as she feared it would be?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#262 Posted: 18:47:29 27/03/2019
Angora clenched her fists, Ilasi's paranoia being quite annoying. She didn't want to be mad, so she shook her frustration rather easily. Still, it was hard to digest the way Ilasi was expressing herself about Maverick.
"Laugh at your concerns? Find someone better than you? Are you sure you're talking about the same man? For Heaven's sake mermaid, why would you say those things about him? Can't you see Maverick is really trying hard to please you? To make you happy? I know of his annoying loyalty to me, which is why I always reject his invitation to go anywhere with you two! I know you don't like it when I'm around. I know you'll always feel like a third wheel, which is why I always leave you two alone!" Angora expressed calmly but with some firmness, unable to understand why Ilasi was seemingly so insistent in seeing and thinking the worse on everybody, especially Maverick and herself.

But knowing that her attempts at a decent and eye opening conversation was failing again, Angora quickly spoke once more.
"You know what? You're just starting. Let's hope that in the future, you have a better opinion of him, cause he got a second chance in life and he wants to make the most of it. I just hope you realize how lucky you are. Not everybody will ever have that luck." Angora concluded with droopy ears, ready to end the conversation if Ilasi was. She really wanted to be happy for Maverick and Ilasi, but the mermaid was so negative and paranoid, the troll was starting to doubt at the success of their relationship.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:11 27/03/2019 by Felines
#263 Posted: 20:24:18 27/03/2019
"Okay," Ilasi said simply, as she turned around to leave. The conversation was utterly fruitless - Angora didn't even try to see where she was coming from. Ilasi didn't know why she expected anything different to happen this time. Maybe she would get some rest before the storm...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#264 Posted: 20:40:49 27/03/2019
Angora dropped her ears, really expecting more from Ilasi. As proud as she felt, the little troll knew she couldn't leave things like this.
"I'm sorry! Alright! I'm sorry... for whatever I did to you! I don't ever know what I'm doing! I don't know how to address to people. Do you have any idea what it's like to be hated just for being born a certain way? I don't even know when I offended you, when I do it, or even IF I'm doing it right now! I seriously have no idea why Maverick just can't leave me alone! Someone like me doesn't deserve his kindness! I'm really trying to be friendly to you! But no matter what I do, I always mess things up! You think I WANT to be hated? You really think I WANT to draw people away? I do try to improve, but I always seem to fail miserably!" Angora bursts as Ilasi walked away, feeling so despaired she scratched her head with both hands to the point of drawing blood. Angora wanted Ilasi to give her a chance, but the mermaid always refused. This conversation was started by the troll, not the mermaid, but as always, it ended badly. Angora started the conversation in hopes of having a better relationship with Ilasi, but that always failed. Was it because Ilasi was too overly sensitive and easily offended? Or was Angora indeed doing something wrong and she didn't know exactly what?
---
#265 Posted: 22:26:11 27/03/2019
Veris gave a toothy grin as he picked up his head in understanding. "Oh! I see! Try flaring your wings! Give a mighty roar! Show your strength and size! That always works for me, getting a mate!" Veris urged Raclaw - his speech coming off as a series of hisses and shrieks to those unfamiliar with it. Veris was woefully unaware of just how different his typical situation and his calculated, perfected heritage and upbringing varied from Raclaw, who was born a dragon like any other (with fur instead of scales) and grew up with a simple family. Getting a mate wouldn't just be as simple as showing off his perfectly developed features.

Raclaw returned the advice with a smile, understanding that Veris was at least trying to help. "Uh-- thanks, but it's not that simple for me. I appreciate the advice though.," he responded via telepathic bond. As a Fur Dragon trying to go for his scaly counterpart, he had many things going against him. For starters; how accepting would Darkheart be of having a fur dragon as a mate? He wasn't exactly the ideal dragon at least probably not for most. And then there was the collar and the fact that he was technically an owned dragon. Darkheart was already aware of his working together with Latnok and had no doubt seen them together elsewhere, but just how much did she know about their bond? And would she even be accepting of it? There were many questions and that was assuming that she was even interested in him at all-- and that he hadn't imagined the intentions behind some of her actions.
---
#266 Posted: 23:17:03 27/03/2019
Ilasi turned around, not expecting Angora to attempt to speak to her again. Was she... apologizing? This was completely unlike her, and unlike what just happened a few seconds ago.
"Oh, uh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that... uh... it's just that..." Ilasi nervously rubbed the back of her head with a hand as she looked away, feeling guilty for bringing this reaction from Angora - as much as Ilasi wanted to avoid any more frustration from dealing with Angora, she didn't want to make Angora feel bad.
"It's just that... the way you and Maverick talk... it's like I have no reason to feel like I do. I mean, I don't think he'd quite like it if I just let some random human on board put his hands all over me and invite me on a date... am I wrong? Or maybe I am wrong. Maybe I... I'm sorry, I'm a bit new to this. Is that the norm now?" Ilasi's voice was completely sincere - at this point, the responses she had received on the matter was making her legitimately question whether she was overly concerned about what was actually a regular occurrence in a relationship.

Veris simply gave a nod, withdrawing to give Raclaw his space. He might be tempted to offer more pointers... but not now, at least. Darkheart wouldn't understand him - at least he didn't believe she could - so it would be pretty smooth.
"Oh, is there any more food set aside for me?" Veris asked. If it weren't for his size, one would likely think that he wasn't being fed properly, with how often he begged.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#267 Posted: 23:52:46 27/03/2019
Angora shook her head, realizing now what Ilasi meant and putting the pieces back together.
"Hmm... let me guess, this friend of yours asked to touch Maverick's hair, didn't she? Been there. He is a half faun after all, not exactly a common thing." Angora summarized, knowing Maverick well enough to know the things that happened to him.
"I suppose the feeling is understandable. This is your first relationship too, isn't it? You're afraid somebody... will take him away..." the troll commented, now believing all Ilasi was feeling was a strong jealousy. Angora wanted to be more comprehensible, but Ilasi was making Maverick seem like such a horrible person, which was something that was annoying her quite a lot.
---
#268 Posted: 00:49:22 28/03/2019
Ilasi didn't pick her head up, still looking down as she continued to speak - somewhat ashamed of her own shortcomings. "Well... I guess you could say that..." she reluctantly admitted. "The first time I've ever had someone who cared about me as much as he does and... and then... I love Maverick. I don't want to just lose him.. but I don't know what I can do to keep him if someone better comes along. What do I have to do so I keep his attention, and they don't just take him from me?" Ilasi finally came out and put her feelings into words - she didn't want to say the dreaded "J" word, but it would be to the interpretation of others...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#269 Posted: 01:26:42 28/03/2019
Knowing it was the infamous j that got Ilasi so upset, Angora found it more understandable, yet petty.
"You love him. He loves you. What's more there's to it? There's no such thing as better when there's love." Angora stated, hoping Ilasi would take the words by heart. She has never fallen in love, but hanging out with Maverick made her wise in terms of emotions, even love. Angora knew that if it wasn't for him in her life, she would've had a far worse personality. She really wanted to be friendly and have other people like and respect her, even if it was just a little bit. She didn't think Ilasi liked her, which is why she went as far as to apologize earlier.
---
#270 Posted: 01:39:12 28/03/2019
There was a long, long pause as Ilasi remained motionless, thinking on what Angora said, with her uncertainty being palpable. "You know... I think you might have a point. He's always shown that he cares for me - and he hasn't run off with any other mermaid yet. He didn't care tht I was working some lowly job - he never saw me as beneath him... he was the first to treat me as Ilasi, a person, not just another name on a roll call list.
"After all that... you're right. He would've left already if he wanted to. Gods know he had the opportunity to with all the time he spent at Redwater. I just let one little thing get to me because I... you know, I've always worried hat I'm not good enough. That this is all a fluke. But it has to mean something. Thank you, Angora." Ilasi's gloomy expression suddenly changed to a satisfied, happy smile - as much as she wanted to hug Angora, she refrained from doing so, not knowing how the troll would take it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#271 Posted: 01:46:48 28/03/2019
Veris simply gave a nod, withdrawing to give Raclaw his space. He might be tempted to offer more pointers... but not now, at least. Darkheart wouldn't understand him - at least he didn't believe she could - so it would be pretty smooth.
"Oh, is there any more food set aside for me?" Veris asked. If it weren't for his size, one would likely think that he wasn't being fed properly, with how often he begged.

"I'm sorry-- You'll have to ask Latnok.," Raclaw telepathically responded not getting the 'starving' Wyvern's hopes up. He wondered what Darkheart's thoughts on everything were thus far. He just hoped that this whole thing wouldn't end up being one big mistake and that he wouldn't end up permanently damaging his/Latnok's/Darkheart's existing relations. In just under a year-- he had found Latnok, had found the Guardians, had started on the path to finding his parents, and allowed an Guardian to claim him. And now he had possibly found an dragoness--not a fellow fur dragon or even some wild dragon, but one of their own. It had certainly been unexpected, but certainly not unwelcome.

Darkheart had once been an traveling companion, was now part of the crew, and now might possibly become even more to him. The last thing he wanted to do was to mess it up all up, but then again.. Darkheart had made the first move. Unless he had indeed imagined that? He was simply following up with a move (or rather Latnok's) move of his own, so perhaps there was hope. He couldn't help but to blush somewhat in the dragoness' presence as they waited for the beloved Guardian to return with drinks. The food smelled good at least. In fact-- it smelled great! It smelled like possibly Latnok's best cooking yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:38 28/03/2019 by redwes
#272 Posted: 02:16:56 28/03/2019
There was a long, long pause as Ilasi remained motionless, thinking on what Angora said, with her uncertainty being palpable. "You know... I think you might have a point. He's always shown that he cares for me - and he hasn't run off with any other mermaid yet. He didn't care that I was working some lowly job - he never saw me as beneath him... he was the first to treat me as Ilasi, a person, not just another name on a roll call list.
"After all that... you're right. He would've left already if he wanted to. Gods know he had the opportunity to with all the time he spent at Redwater. I just let one little thing get to me because I... you know, I've always worried that I'm not good enough. That this is all a fluke. But it has to mean something. Thank you, Angora." Ilasi's gloomy expression suddenly changed to a satisfied, happy smile - as much as she wanted to hug Angora, she refrained from doing so, not knowing how the troll would take it.

Angora could only give a small chuckle as Ilasi finished.
"Not good enough? You're a mermaid, a beautiful species from a respected community. I'm a vulgar troll, not even loved by her own parents. You had jobs, but at least you got paid. I had to steal to survive. My only job... if you can call it that, was as a crew member for a desperate pirate captain..." Angora didn't elaborated on the last one, imagining Ilasi knew whom she was talking about.
"You lived in Aelinon, a place with powerful military. I figure you didn't have to do much to defend yourself from those who meant you harm. I had to defend myself from muggers, racists and predators. You think you're not good enough? Heh, imagine how I feel?" Angora finished, giving a small smile in return. Was she joking? Or just reminiscing about a mostly miserable life? It wasn't Angora's intention to take pity on herself or make Ilasi do so, but perhaps if she could see how much their lives contrasted, the mermaid could feel better about her own.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:30 28/03/2019 by Felines
#273 Posted: 09:24:36 28/03/2019
OOC: Sorry about the short post, but I'm still frustrated by the nice, long post I typed up that got eaten by my phone.

Darkheart normally didn't eat much,which her lithe body implied, but for the moment she'd happily indulge. Seeing as how a storm was approaching, she might regret it.
The spirit of the Prison Bottle laughed more, bemusing on how emotionally distraught Angora was. I've always enjoyed watching the effects of various emotions. Stress is easy to find or create, and has interesting effects, such as physical exhaustion, reduced mental capacity, and a weakened will. The spirit suddenly realized that Sere, perceptive as the mortal clearly was, would likely realize the reason for the inquiries, and silently cursed the screw up before hurriedly changing the subject. As you may or may not know, I was once the wealthiest Sultan in the world.
Star stared directly into the storm, unafraid. He'd stared Arceus himself directly in the eyes without flinching. This little squall was nothing to him.
---
#274 Posted: 10:47:47 28/03/2019
OOC: Understandable-- I hate when that happens. smilie

Quote:
Darkheart normally didn't eat much,which her lithe body implied, but for the moment she'd happily indulge. Seeing as how a storm was approaching, she might regret it.

As Darkheart indulged-- so too did Raclaw, the prepared feast indeed being Latnok's best cooking yet. The meat had a slight nuttiness to it and yet was also somewhat sweet at the same time. The base flavor itself was similar to something that Latnok may had normally feed him and Chester (who no doubt had some involvement in taste testing), but the overall taste was so much more enhanced and adjusted to the point where it read as sweeter and more 'fancy.' And knowing how enthusiastic Latnok was about his possibly having found a dragoness; that was likely the goal of the cooking.

Raclaw smiled and blushed as he ate in Darkheart's company, the dragoness seemingly too ravaged or at a lost of words. "So-- how's the food?," the fur dragon somewhat awkwardly asked hoping for the question to serve as an ice breaker to a deeper conversation. Latnok would also presumingly be back soon with the wine and hopefully that would also open them both up more...
---
#275 Posted: 14:24:25 28/03/2019
Darkheart found the food to be... Unusual, vaguely familiar. It's almost sweet... Pork? I can't even tell, but it's clearly touched by magic. Taking a moment to assess it, she smiled. Of course, a dragon's smile wasn't necessarily friendly, but then she had just as little contact with her kin as Raclaw, and the contact she'd had wasn't friendly. "It's positively delicious, though I suppose magic will do that. Magic does add a distinctive flavor."
---
#276 Posted: 14:41:14 28/03/2019
"Well," Ilasi began, "you've certainly shown that you can survive, no matter what seems to happen to you... but I need more than that. There have been ... those... who have doubted me." Ilasi didn't clarify exactly who she was referring to, figuring that Angora either knew already or would find out at some point. "I need to show that I'm not some failure. I can't just flounder about life. I need to thrive... I need people to stop doubting me. I need them to see that I'm not the failure they think I am - or might think I am. I need them - someone - to care about me... and now I have a well-paying contract and a man who loves me. This is more than I could've hoped for... and I don't want to lose that. I have to show that I'm better."
In hindsight, Ilasi realized that Shade being voted to stay on board was actually a huge boon for her, due to the increased pay. She really hoped now that it didn't just seem like a selfish decision, after all she said.

The evil spirit wasn't nearly as subtle as it might have thought it was. Sere was somewhat disappointed, hoping that there would be a bit more nuance to its attempts. "For someone with so much wealth and power, you don't exactly come up with the best plans," he said condescendingly. "How exactly do you think the troll will be able to get your bottle out? She would have pull you out of the bag - which she would only be able to grab from my corpse. Do you think she's capable of besting me in a fight? Or do you think that she would somehow manage to rummage through it while I'm carrying it, or break into my locked, warded room while I'm sleeping?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#277 Posted: 14:49:55 28/03/2019
"Ah yes-- Latnok is rather fond of magic.," Raclaw commented noting the distinctive flavor. The beloved Guardian had no doubt gone all out with the magic, so as to please him and to help attract Darkheart. "It is good though, possibly some of his best cooking yet.," the fur dragon then said appreciating the effort put into the meal. He didn't know what else to talk about at that very moment, but it was a start at least.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:42 28/03/2019 by redwes
#278 Posted: 14:59:07 28/03/2019
Raclaw wouldn't have to be at a loss for words for long. The doors to the pen soon opened, with Latnok remaining true to his word - there was what could best be described as a wide, giant bowl in his grip, filled with a strong liquid with the scent of grapes, reddish-purple in color. He carefully brought the bowl over, gently placing it down between the two guests.
"Is there any more meat for me?" Veris inquired almost as soon as Latnok had set the bowl down.
"Not now, but it's almost your lunch time. I'm sure Godfather Sere will be here to feed you soon enough," Latnok answered. He would soon take a seat on the floor in an intermediary position by the bowl. Now, how to move this along...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#279 Posted: 15:10:33 28/03/2019
Darkheart leaped on the distraction gratefully. Taking a small swallow, she suddenly felt her tongue tingling, a sensation that brought back memories. "Ah, wine, a drink to lubricate the tongue as oil lubricates a wheel. Truly a fine drink." She covered her mouth, trying not to laugh at herself. "I swear, that just sort of slid out! I didn't even think first!"
The spirit laughed. You underestimate my grasp of the situation... And my abilities. I care little who frees me in the end. They'll get their just reward. The spirit made it sound even more ominous. You are but a mortal while I am immortal. I have all of eternity to plot my escape and takeover. Of course, we have more pressing concerns, don't we? The storm is close. I wonder... What created it? I suggest preparing. the spirit laughed wickedly.
---
#280 Posted: 15:19:19 28/03/2019
After taking care of Dahlia, Maverick went to the main deck, having thought of giving the dirt buffalo some freedom, but she was already nervous enough as she was with the upcoming storm. He prepared his gear and put his trusty compass away to avoid losing it, getting ready for the storm. He was used to them, as long as no otherworldly creature appeared. The battle with the White Shadow had been scary enough as it was.

"Well," Ilasi began, "you've certainly shown that you can survive, no matter what seems to happen to you... but I need more than that. There have been ... those... who have doubted me." Ilasi didn't clarify exactly who she was referring to, figuring that Angora either knew already or would find out at some point. "I need to show that I'm not some failure. I can't just flounder about life. I need to thrive... I need people to stop doubting me. I need them to see that I'm not the failure they think I am - or might think I am. I need them - someone - to care about me... and now I have a well-paying contract and a man who loves me. This is more than I could've hoped for... and I don't want to lose that. I have to show that I'm better."
In hindsight, Ilasi realized that Shade being voted to stay on board was actually a huge boon for her, due to the increased pay. She really hoped now that it didn't just seem like a selfish decision, after all she said.

Angora shrank her shoulders at her comment, giving a small smile afterwards.
"Well, you are getting paid at least. I don't think I will. I'm just a burden to everybody it seemed..." Angora said, but she didn't want to get depressed about the matter.

"You really shouldn't bother with what people say. People that criticize others is often because the have issues with themselves, and criticizing others is the only way they feel good about themselves. I know too many people hate me. But despite my many mistakes and flaws, I know I have done good, far more than so many of my kind. It doesn't matter how evil others think I am, or how much misery they want to bring to me, I know I have done good, no matter how little. I defeated an abomination that could've caused great destruction. Orion himself tasked me to it because he could see... something that I couldn't see in myself... just like Maverick. That man may be very kindhearted, but he isn't loyal to just anybody. He could see the good in me when nobody else could, or even wanted to. Maybe it was just out of desperation, but he brought a side in me that I refused to see." she said before continuing.
"And not only that, I helped defeating that White Shadow, even if nobody else wants to see it, not even Sere who was a witness. He wants to keep treating me like a piece of crappy burden, but if that's the way he wants to feel, then so be it. I'm done trying to please and appeal to him. If he wants to see the worse in me always, let him. If people do the same to you, let them. Even if you know your flaws, don't let them be an obstacle, especially if people point them out to you. It doesn't matter what they say! It matters what you say. Somebody already loves you just the way you are, and as hated as I am, they are still one in a million... if not billions, who desptite everything, like me, and nothing else should matter, especially other people's negative opinions." Angora lectured strongly, with much sincerety, not only for Ilasi's sake, but for her own as well. She has despaired so much, and felt much misery, which is why Angora said those words in order to keep having faith and maintain her own sanity, not to mention have Ilasi erase all those doubts.
---
#281 Posted: 15:22:30 28/03/2019
Raclaw tried hard to hold back a laugh as Darkheart *instantly" took to the wine-- following though with a swallow of his own. "It's quite alright.," Raclaw said with a big grin as some of the wine soaked his fur.

Chester followed Latnok back and laid nearby.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:32 28/03/2019 by redwes
#282 Posted: 15:55:13 28/03/2019
Latnok had a bottle of wine for himself, his anatomy not particularly facilitating drinking out of a bowl. He took a swig from it before he spoke. "So... you guys do anything fun lately? Well, of course Raclaw's been doing fun things - we ran into this little guy here," he said, indicatively petting Chester by his side. "Loyal and dependable - just like Raclaw. You can't go wrong with having either of them as a companion."

"Oh, don't you worry about us," Sere said. "We'll be busy getting ready, while you can keep busy being immortally worth little more than a trinket used to for cheap parlor tricks to impress people." Sere remained unfazed by the spirit's boasting. The storm would undoubtedly be brutal - but they would be prepared.

"Well... I wouldn't go quite that far..." Ilasi reluctantly replied. "If so many people say the same thing... it could be a problem that needs fixing. But I see what you're getting at. You can't let that stop you from doing what you have to, doing the right thing - and if you know that people are wrong about you, that gives you all the more reason to prove them wrong." Ilasi maintained her smile as she spoke, still being in quite a good mood after the conversation. Perhaps she could find Maverick soon...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#283 Posted: 16:05:26 28/03/2019
Angora lowered her ears, knowing where Ilasi was going with that first sentence. But not wanting to mess the conversation after finally fixing it, she kept a few opinions to herself. A single strike of lightning in the distance provided her with the best opportunity to change the subject.
"Well now, you better be ready for the storm. It looks like it's less than a mile away now." she said, hoping this was just another ordinary storm and not one housing another giant abomination. Some crew members were talking about that, and it was frustrating Angora quite a lot.

Maverick looked at the horizon, feeling nervous on how close the storm has gotten. It'll probably be minutes before it arrives. As he searched for his map, he spotted Ilasi and Angora together not too far away, and it made him happy. Neither of them seemed upset. It made him believe Ilasi finally gathered the courage to talk to her, unaware that it was Angora the one who started the conversation.
---
#284 Posted: 18:12:24 28/03/2019
Ilasi was distracted with the conversation, and was unaware of the time it would take for the group to approach the storm. "You're right," she said. "It was a pleasure talking to you. Hopefully we can have a chat again some other time." Ilasi would be off to see either the captain or one of his second-in-commands. She had just seen Latnok enter the wyvern pen with something, and neither Sere nor Risar were hard to miss.
Ilas was moving but soon caught sight of Maverick nearby. She instead came right over to him, looking very much elated. "Maverick!" she happily greeted him, giving him a big hug.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#285 Posted: 18:44:45 28/03/2019
Maverick returned the hug, putting away the map just in time before Ilasi could wrinkle it.
"Hola Ilasi querida. Are you prepared? I know it's uncomfortable to you to transform this way. But if you need to do magic or just run around, I can carry you on my shoulders. We can both do our jobs that way." Maverick offered, knowing that the two of them would have their hands free that way and it'll be much easier for Ilasi to move around that way than drag around her body like it was the case for merfolks in those circumstances. And if he fell overboard, he knew Ilasi could save him from drowning. How convenient it was to be able to breathe both fresh air and underwater.

Angora looked at them for a brief while, and then turned her back at them to see at the horizon. She felt rather envious for them. Not only would that mean spending less time with Maverick, but it also reminded her of the microscopic to none chances she had of feeling the same way someday. Having someone to care for that way and be reciprocated, it was something she firmly believed it wasn't for her. While it was a thought that saddened her, she was nevertheless starting to become accepting of the possibility. For now, her priority was to survive the storm. She found it ironic how Sere decided to gave her a time off just hours before they would walk into a storm. Coincidence or on purpose? Angora thought it was the latter.
"Well then, a big storm is coming... again. That must mean we're close. I'm coming to you sir." Angora commented quietly to her orb, realizing it has been days since she last spoke to it. She has succeeded in keeping it a secret from everybody. She has told only Shade and Maverick about it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:38 28/03/2019 by Felines
#286 Posted: 20:46:51 28/03/2019
OOC: I'm just going to imply Darkheart babbling while under the influence of wine.
Darkheart shrugged and began chattering. As it turned out, the normally quiet dragoness was a VERY chatty drunk.
The spirit seemed peeved, his pride insulted. I'm more than a mere parlor trick. When I'm freed, I'll keep in mind that I need to prove it to you. The disembodied eye glowed with a brief, rage-fueled surge of anger as the spirit attempted - and failed - to manifest his numerous arms, only managing to reveal their shape. This damned Prison Bottle is the only reason you aren't dead yet.
---
#287 Posted: 21:11:43 28/03/2019
OOC: There's little I can do with that unless I actually know what Darkheart is saying.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#288 Posted: 21:29:47 28/03/2019
OOC: This could potentially be an very important moment between our characters-- actual words would be more ideal.

As Darkheart began to babble-- Raclaw listened very much interesting in what the dragoness had to say. He would follow suit by describing some of his own adventures with Latnok including how they met Chester. He would describe how he and Latnok had discovered Chester running away, how he had mind tricked Chester's old owner to see nothing, and how they had formally adopted the little Beagle not long after. "And he's been with us ever since.," the fur dragon concluded a story as he began to open up more and more under the influence of alcohol. He smiled at Latnok and Chester, clearly having formed a very tight bond with his two two companions (and vice versa). "So Darkheart... what about you? Did you ever have any pets? Any companions?," he then asked wanting to know more about Darkheart's life. Chester watched alongside Latnok, but mostly remained quiet not wanting to interfere.
---
#289 Posted: 21:38:04 28/03/2019
OOC: I just didn't feel like specifying what she was saying. I'm not as creative as everyone seems to think. Now, actual direct questions about specific things make my job easier. Now let's do this.
Darkheart proceeded to respond at about a hundred words a minute. "No pets but I have had companions in the past. Notably you Raclaw. Before I met you guys I didn't have any friends but now I do because of you guys and I'll be grateful for that forever." The hard part at this point would be getting Darkheart to talk about a topic of any use to others.
Grace felt flowers bloom in her hair. "Huh. Someone's feeling grateful about something. About time."
---
#290 Posted: 22:03:00 28/03/2019
OOC: I was thinking more along the lines of response to statements rather than random topics - such as Latnok's not-so-innocuous line: "Loyal and dependable - just like Raclaw. You can't go wrong with having either of them as a companion."

As Darkheart seemed to speak, Latnok laughed. "Well, then, besides Raclaw and Chester, I can't remember anyone but another member of the Ardent Guardians saying anything similar to that to me. Funny, though, I don't need anyone else to give me purpose, I have one ever since the ritual. Lately sometimes I've been wondering what it is that I really want. Funny thing. Eh, yeah, but besides that, these two are my best friends, so you can be whatever else you want to be to them, but the 'best friend' role is already taken, sorry."
Latnok took another swig from his bottle as the slow patter of rain started to become audible. "Ah, look at that. Glad it's already Laszur's shift to keep track of Shade. Maybe this'll be over before then. If not, well, I should be fine."

Laszur stood by near Shade as the first signs of rain became tangible. Though he was never trained as a seaman, he had enough experience on ships to be comfortable on them and have a general idea of the things to be done. On the ship design of the Enduring Legacy, the lightning rods would protect them from the potentially most dangerous part of the storm - provided the grounding spells held. They would need to be reinforced throughout the voyage to ensure the deck was safe to work. Those who fell overboard could be saved by one of the merfolk - if they strayed too far from the ship, however, they risked losing the protection of the lightning rods.
The fungi he had eaten a few hours before had started to take effect, and his body was exuding heat - enough to keep himself warm throughout the rain, if not exactly comfortable. He was more curious as to whether Shade would remain obedient enough to follow orders during such a chaotic situation. From what it looked like, the storm was starting very light, but would only be getting worse with time.

"Uh... thank you, Maverick," Ilasi said gratefully. "I just hope it's not too much of an issue for you. I know you, Leoquin, and Sere will have your hands full with keeping the ship on track. I'll try to stay near you, in case... you know... you fall... not that I think you will! Just in case."
Ilasi would soon feel the beginnings of rain touching her skin. "Well, it seems that Leoquin and I will be shifting soon," she noted. "Leoquin has said he intends on giving it his all during the storm. What exactly he means, I don't know - he's been working pretty hard as-is."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#291 Posted: 22:24:56 28/03/2019
OOC: Yes, but Darkheart is A: drunk, and B: rather reserved with affection due to being betrayed by the last group of dragons she considered her friends. Don't worry, one way or another Darkheart and Raclaw will kiss in the end. Or whatever dragons do at that point.
Darkheart grinned like an idiot at Latnok. "Thanks Latnok." She gazes lethargically at Raclaw through half-lidded eyes, blushing more than ever. She got a little closer. "I *hic* think I have a role in mind..." She nuzzles Raclaw.
Star growled at the storm, covering himself with his cloak. "Ugh... Good thing I waterproofed my cybernetics."
Grace shivered from cold. "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." She attempted to speak through chattering teeth. "I-I-I h-hate t-t-to a-abandon y-y-you, b-b-but I-I-I c-can't st-st-stand th-the c-c-cold... I-I-I'm g-going i-inside..." The Shaymin's body shifted to Land Forme, too cold to maintain Sky Forme. She walked in on Latnok and the others, nodded in acknowledgement at them before curling.
---
#292 Posted: 23:36:27 28/03/2019
Raclaw's face began to turn a visible shade of red when-- *the door!* Raclaw's ears perked up, but something quickly pulled him back towards the familiar dragoness that had now began to embrace him. He soon found his tail curling around that of Darkhearts, although the action had been more intinctive than anything else. And as the half-lidded eyes awaited him... he pressed his muzzle against that of Darkheart's and briefly stared into the black dragoness' eyes.

"Darkheart-- I.. I've always wanted to.. I've always..," he spoke as if he was waiting for a sign. "Raclaw-- she's clearly into you. Just go for it.," the voice of Damon could be heard to Raclaw and Latnok. And with that bit of encouragement, Raclaw would initiate the motion and begin kissing Darkheart. For a brief moment, his worst fears would come to mind-- Darkheart rejecting him and/or Darkheart suddenly changing her mind. But then-- feelings of bliss and happiness quickly began to develop his mind...

Chester watched with intense curiosity-- was he actually doing it? Had he and Darkheart actually found love.. found each other?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:12 28/03/2019 by redwes
#293 Posted: 00:22:20 29/03/2019
OOC: YES IT HAPPENED
Darkheart accepted Raclaw. While at first she initiated the activity between them, now she simply allowed him to guide the motion, while her movements mirrored his in a surprisingly elegant fashion. She murmured wordless affection into Raclaw's ear, mostly purrs and croons.
Grace's entire back blossomed, causing her to blush at being covered in pretty pink flowers.
Outside, Star stared out at the storm, his entire mane dripping. Not even the lightning bothered him. Beneath his cloak, he curled his claws into fists. His right eye had opened, the red pupil directed to the sky as the fearless Zoroark glared upward.
---
#294 Posted: 00:30:35 29/03/2019
As the storm started to begin, Sere began to ring his bell. "All off-duty personnel are encouraged to seek shelter!" he called out. "This storm will not be kind - but I'm sure many of you have experience with it. We will overcome this, as we did the White Shadow!" On Sere's recommendation, the few off-duty crew members who were hanging about on the deck for one reason or another decided to head back to their cabins, or to any of the other facilities within the ship.

Latnok could feel Raclaw's own feeling on account of their mental link - and he was very pleased with how everything turned out. He was originally joking about the arrangement, but not only did it actually happen, it worked perfectly. "Well, that was easy," he said over another swig of wine. "Now, I can stay here, or I can go to my cabin to give you two some more 'space.' Oh, yeah, and I can make more food if you want." Veris licked his lips at Latnok's suggestion.
"You owe me a favor now," Latnok teased telepathically to Raclaw. Time would tell how well Latnok's own spontaneous "favor" for Raclaw would work out - if he and Darkheart were truly compatible.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:56 29/03/2019 by A Guy
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#295 Posted: 01:04:17 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade covered himself with his wing to try to keep dry. He kept an watchful eye out at the ruff sea. He didn’t like storms but this one felt especially off. But when Raclaw kissed Darkheart he felt warm and fuzzy inside. “What are you doing Raclaw?” He said to himself and smiled.

Just then a distant flash of lightning had shown a brife outline of an unknown creature going into the waves shade had seen it. “Sir! I think we should be on guard! The storm isn’t the only thing we should be worried about!”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:24 29/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#296 Posted: 01:22:45 29/03/2019
OOC: Raclaw and Darkheart took nowhere near as long as Ilasi and Maverick smilie

Angora didn't take shelter inside the ship, but she still found refuge at the stairs that lead to the cabins. She wanted to be protected and avoid any recklessness, but at the same time still wanted to get a view of the outside, and a cabin window didn't provide much visibility. She was ready for anything, even assisting those in need, though with Sere, she was skeptical. Failing to see the mysterious creature from that position, Angora hoped this was an ordinary storm, and that it'll all be a matter of be protected and wait it out. She was too small to be at the steering wheel anyway, not to mention she was free for two days. She was, however, going to make sure Maverick wasn't tasked with navigating the dangerous storm. He had plenty of experience, yet she would hate to let him be at the nasty weather out there.

"Uh... thank you, Maverick," Ilasi said gratefully. "I just hope it's not too much of an issue for you. I know you, Leoquin, and Sere will have your hands full with keeping the ship on track. I'll try to stay near you, in case... you know... you fall... not that I think you will! Just in case."
Ilasi would soon feel the beginnings of rain touching her skin. "Well, it seems that Leoquin and I will be shifting soon," she noted. "Leoquin has said he intends on giving it his all during the storm. What exactly he means, I don't know - he's been working pretty hard as-is."

"No te preocupes por mi Ilasi. I may look scrawny, but I'm quite strong. Let's just follow Sere's orders and pray this storm isn't as hard as it looks." Maverick said, wanting to assure her and ready to carry her around as soon as her legs transformed into a tail.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:54 29/03/2019 by Felines
#297 Posted: 01:23:59 29/03/2019
Laszur and Sere were both within earshot of Shade's warning. Sere, looking out, was able to make out the same outline whenever lightning came down.
"Gods damn it... I highly doubt that creature is friendly," Sere said. "I wonder if it's spotted us."
"Even if it hasn't yet, it will soon," Laszur said. In these weather conditions, he couldn't keep his veil on - he had to rely on magic to dampen the effect the lightning would have on his eyes. "We can change course... but that would keep us in the storm for longer."
"And the storm is only going to get worse. We can fight a creature, but we can't fight the weather," Sere said, having made up his mind. "I'll have combat preparations made."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#298 Posted: 01:30:24 29/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Soon a very larg glowing unknown serpent could be seen swimming below the ship. Soon it disappeared below. The power could be felt slightly coming from it. It felt like it was giving off electricity. Shade stood up feeling it. “Did you feel that pulse?”
---
SC
#299 Posted: 01:37:47 29/03/2019
Star snarled at the monster, then spread his form and tipped his head back to roar a challenge to whatever beast hid in this storm. "ROOOOOOOOAAARRRR!" At the end of his battle cry, he accidentally tacked on a soft k, and blushed a little. Among Pokemon, unleashing a battle cry in the native language was instinctive.
The spirit of the Prison Bottle watched the beast. Ah, there it is. The beast hidden in the storm. Let us see how this goes. Ahahaha... The mocking laughter, as always, echoed right up Sere's spine.
---
#300 Posted: 01:49:23 29/03/2019
As much as Angora wanted to believe this was just another storm, her senses were strong enough to know there was something out there.
"Ugh! Don't tell me this is another White Shadow?" she said to herself bitterly, already seeing the pouring storm and knowing there was something out there. She could feel the presence, even though she hasn't seen the creature yet.

Maverick and Ilasi took some shelter near the captain's cabin to have a bit of shelter from the storm, though the wind still got them soaked. Maverick did spot a shilouette from the distance, but given the White Shadow wasn't supposed to be present anymore, he figured it was just his imagination. Or a mirage perhaps? It could be an island at the distance reflected by the lightning. Some weren't marked on the map according to his previous experience. Whatever it was, he didn't want to believe it was another creature ready to attack...
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me