Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > how to train your dragon? Hidden world
Page 1 of 1
how to train your dragon? Hidden world [CLOSED]
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#1 Posted: 05:53:27 23/01/2019 | Topic Creator
I can't wait to watch
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 05:56:20 23/01/2019
It was really good gary, you'll love it!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#3 Posted: 18:23:30 23/01/2019
HOLY CANNOLI HOW COULD THIS HAVE COME OUT WITHOUT ME NOTICING
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#4 Posted: 20:28:45 23/01/2019
Are you in America? It came out a month early in Australia. X'D
---
I draw stuff.
#5 Posted: 21:31:03 23/01/2019
I checked my region, and apparently its out there, too. 0_0

I'm a bit oblivious when it comes to movie releases.
---
#6 Posted: 04:52:11 24/01/2019 | Topic Creator
way early. smilie I hope gift Light fury plush too
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#7 Posted: 11:43:33 27/01/2019
I can't wait to see it
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#8 Posted: 21:55:37 27/01/2019
i really want to see it too
#9 Posted: 22:03:29 27/01/2019
Quote: whirlwind fan

you're in australia you can watch it!!!
---
I draw stuff.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#10 Posted: 03:05:08 28/01/2019
Quote: Bolt
Quote: whirlwind fan

you're in australia you can watch it!!!

i know, i just need to rewatch the second one, it's been awhile!
#11 Posted: 05:08:52 28/01/2019 | Topic Creator
if I am in Malaysia.
---
#12 Posted: 08:40:18 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
A month?
---
#13 Posted: 09:21:32 05/02/2019 | Topic Creator
You enjoy to watch movie. X3
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#14 Posted: 12:54:29 05/02/2019
gotta wait till march :(
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#15 Posted: 00:31:42 06/02/2019
ive been avoiding spoilers SO HARD this is my favorite franchise and i dont want to ruin it for myself

it comes out the 22nd in america so im just going httyd dark for a while to avoid everything
#16 Posted: 15:30:13 06/02/2019
Seeing the ads, I'm super worried that it'll just be a generic love story or something. I keep getting the dates wrong for when it comes out in my region! Still have to wait.

X__X
---
#17 Posted: 05:48:18 08/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Free Plush gift.
---
#18 Posted: 05:25:10 27/02/2019 | Topic Creator
brand new ice cream now in malaysia
---
#19 Posted: 07:25:36 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Hiccup's left leg come off
---
#20 Posted: 17:08:55 01/03/2019
Short Hottake:

I feel like Hiccup and the crew felt older in the second movie than they were in the third one.
---
#21 Posted: 07:14:58 04/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Do you like movie?
---
#22 Posted: 19:56:47 04/03/2019
I honestly was kind of meh with it overall.

I felt like there were some thematic inconsistencies. It was very obvious to me that it was trying to appeal to a wide audience, and therefore focused more on crowd pleasing things as opposed to things that would make the story communicate a clear idea.

What I mean is that although the "thesis" of the movie was that humans corrupt nature (the Berkians had to give up the dragons bc of the hunters using them), there was a ton of extra stuff that distracted from this idea. I'd recommend Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind if you want to see a movie about man's interaction with nature.

Other nitpicks: I also feel like the idea of having a love plot was shoehorned in. I hate it when there's a female character created only to be the romantic partner of an established character. Also, Night Furies were established in the first movie to be black to camouflage into the night sky, so it doesn't make sense that the Light Fury is the same species as Toothless -- or that it's white. They should not be able to interbreed.

The animation was very good, though. I was super impressed by the realistic sand. Some of the references to other HTTYD material was nice to see as well.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#23 Posted: 20:11:42 04/03/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg

I felt like there were some thematic inconsistencies. It was very obvious to me that it was trying to appeal to a wide audience, and therefore focused more on crowd pleasing things as opposed to things that would make the story communicate a clear idea.

What I mean is that although the "thesis" of the movie was that humans corrupt nature (the Berkians had to give up the dragons bc of the hunters using them), there was a ton of extra stuff that distracted from this idea. I'd recommend Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind if you want to see a movie about man's interaction with nature.

Other nitpicks: I also feel like the idea of having a love plot was shoehorned in. I hate it when there's a female character created only to be the romantic partner of an established character. Also, Night Furies were established in the first movie to be black to camouflage into the night sky, so it doesn't make sense that the Light Fury is the same species as Toothless -- or that it's white. They should not be able to interbreed.

The animation was very good, though. I was super impressed by the realistic sand. Some of the references to other HTTYD material was nice to see as well.

Light Furies are a subspecies of Night Furies. Or moreso a different breed of fury. Think of it like how you can get a Golden Doodle or a Labradoodle.

THE MOVIE IS AMAZIIIING BTW
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#24 Posted: 02:50:28 05/03/2019 | Topic Creator
oh wow
---
#25 Posted: 03:50:06 05/03/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: ThunderEgg

Light Furies are a subspecies of Night Furies. Or moreso a different breed of fury. Think of it like how you can get a Golden Doodle or a Labradoodle.

THE MOVIE IS AMAZIIIING BTW

Ahh. I didn't think about the Light/Night fury connection that way...
---
#26 Posted: 05:15:25 05/03/2019 | Topic Creator
light fury do have. X3
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#27 Posted: 20:55:22 09/03/2019
I saw it today. I did enjoy it but don't think the villain was as scarily portrayed as the second's. I think they were going for asshole hunter that shoots lions and elephants rather than a threat to all vikings.
The story and setting overall was weaker. Quite a bittersweet ending. The light fury's design in the film I liked compared to the poster art that make her look like a beluga whale!
#28 Posted: 07:45:32 14/03/2019 | Topic Creator
some are half black light fury
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me