Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Here's a wack idea [Discussion]
Page 1 of 1
Here's a wack idea [Discussion]
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#1 Posted: 21:58:22 17/01/2019 | Topic Creator
What if the original PS2 Ratchet & Clank was given the Reignited treatment? I'm not counting the 2016 Reimagining, I'm talking all of the original levels, all the original weapons, and the original story. It would be awesome to see the originial R&C given the same love and care Spryo Reignited was.
---
NoUb
#2 Posted: 23:07:55 17/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Let's remove this thread then, my apologies.
---
NoUb
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#3 Posted: 05:35:46 18/01/2019
Yes please
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 07:20:39 18/01/2019
Is the remake so radically different that it'd be worth doing a more "traditional" remaster, in the sense of the Reignited Trilogy? Personally I'd find it a bit confusing.

I lean toward what Sesshomaru75 sort of says, but not as a pop at you, rather the idea of the conversation in general. It's hard not to say "there should be a remaster for [thing I like]", because there'll be a market for it and it probably doesn't cost a lot to make. I always point to the Legacy of Kai of all games getting a remaster. Who'd've thunk it?
#5 Posted: 23:05:55 18/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Johnbonne
Is the remake so radically different that it'd be worth doing a more "traditional" remaster, in the sense of the Reignited Trilogy? Personally I'd find it a bit confusing.

Very much so. A whole bunch of levels did not make it in, the weapons from the first game were rarely if ever even used, the writing of the plot and character development are weaker in every sense and the soundtrack can be summarised as generic movie orchestra which entirely replaces the unique, jamming sci-fi funk of the original.
---
NoUb
#6 Posted: 23:41:48 18/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
People need to realize that it wasn't meant to be a remake in the same vein that N. Sane and Reignited were, but rather a remake more akin to the what the FF7 remake is trying to be.

I'm well aware is not a Remake, but instead a Reimagining that takes the original in a different direction. Hence why I'm saying what I am in this post. Ratchet and Clank 2016 is already out and has done it's own thing, and I feel after Spyro Reignited it's time for a proper Remake.

Personally glad that Ratchet isn't an unlikable asshole either, though I admit that Clank's own development suffers a bit for it. Drek is 50/50 for me, however.

Ratchet being an asshole is the whole point of his character arc throughout the whole of the original game, where he developes into a more likeable individual. It's a lot better than him being a bland, uninteresting clean slate of a character the entire game.
---
NoUb
#7 Posted: 01:00:31 19/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: BroGuy
People need to realize that it wasn't meant to be a remake in the same vein that N. Sane and Reignited were, but rather a remake more akin to the what the FF7 remake is trying to be.

I'm well aware is not a Remake, but instead a Reimagining that takes the original in a different direction. Hence why I'm saying what I am in this post. Ratchet and Clank 2016 is already out and has done it's own thing, and I feel after Spyro Reignited it's time for a proper Remake.

I mean, it's still a remake, just not the same kind as N. Sane or Reignited.

Regardless, a "proper remake" after 2016 would be jarring and counterproductive, imo, so I'm personally against it. More inline with the original? Sure. But completely different from how 2016 was? No.
(And if you're meaning to make a "proper remake" of the first game, to remake it again would be absolutely idiotic when the previous remake hasn't even been out that long :/)

Not even gonna argue with that cause that's pretty fair lmao
---
NoUb
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 03:22:26 19/01/2019
The whole thing about Ratchet & Clank 2016 was that it was, technically speaking, a movie tie-in game. In some respects, it was always going to be handicapped by virtue of being tied to the movie, which itself went through some radical changes from what I heard. If Going Commando got a remake, I imagine Insomniac would have much more creative leeway, as it wouldn't be shackled to a kids movie. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#9 Posted: 12:39:39 19/01/2019
I honestly prefer R&C3 to 2 but it has been a long time since we last heard of Megacorp but since Qwark's character is a bit different now compared to back then, I don't expect him to be a villain ever again so maybe Dr. Nefarious can still fit in somewhere. I hope Sony doesn't try to make another Ratchet & Clank movie and just skip straight to the game sequel, which mighn't even happen for a while because of how hot Insomniac's Spider-Man is right now and no other developer could do R&C justice right now.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me