Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > *Webcomic Thread* - Share your favorite comics!
Page 1 of 1
*Webcomic Thread* - Share your favorite comics!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1 Posted: 22:35:29 29/12/2018 | Topic Creator
I took too long to create this. So, while there's comic series out there that are from big publishers with extremely high quality, sometimes you want a bit of indie flair. What are the webcomics you read that you'd want to recommend to other people?

Here's a list of highlights that I compiled since my return to this black hole in October, in a rough order of what I started reading first. Some are on Tapastic and Webtoons which is why the URL might be odd. NSFW warnings are usually for some violence and blood, even the ones with other mature content are heavily censored for obvious reasons.

• Cucumber Quest - I've been on and off reading this for years. Hiatus is very common, but Gigi's art is a treat and I'm always ready to read it when she's avaliable to make more. Also has several published issues in bookstores! edit: it's been cancelled and turned into an illustrated script halfway through the Quakemaster arc.
  • Woven - was the first one that pulled me back in. It's still very early but the art is great!
  • Lies Within - The big "oh god there's no coming back now" comic that got me searching for more and more. Amazing art, interesting take on writing, and the creator's love for their characters is very easy to see on social media. First one with an NSFW warning from me, though most of the mature content is Patreon-only and I don't have that.
  • Devil's Candy - THAT ART. Great worldbuilding, fun use of slice of life that quickly turns into a very surprising storyline. But the highlight really is the godly use of simple black and white to convey so much; but it might be a bit busy to read and slow to get used to.
  • Clockwork - Did you guys notice that I love clean art yet. I've actually seen Hiveworks ads for years but never had the courage to click until recently, no regrets. This becomes a trend.
  • Out of the Blue - Short story that quickly becomes way bigger than intended if the creator's notes are any indication. Cute art style! Horrifying events.
  • Wilde Life - Hiveworks part two. This one is more grounded than most of the examples here, but still an incredible comic that's been running for a while.
  • Demon Studies - Hiveworks part three! Very odd premise and still very early in the story, but very pleasing to look at! NSFW warning though there's no specific content just yet. edit: Hiatus while the artist is studying in Japan.
  • Unknown Lands - VERY SERIOUS NSFW WARNING - This is a comic made by someone who works for publishers and it shows. Clean, concise, characters are very well defined right away, brutal right away as well.
  • Missummon - This is a lot of demon related comics huh. A strange color palette and lore, but it's still pretty fun and the artist also experiments with animation at times.
  • (Un)Divine - Hiveworks part four! Very clean and high quality art, interesting story that reminded me a little of Lies Within. Don't let the style fool you, this gets NSFW.
  • Long Exposure - Been sitting on reading this one for a while - more grounded than the rest but amazing pacing and is just about romance as much as it is about the mystery of the situation. NSFW content, the not fun kind, but there are warnings in each page with it.
  • Rephaim - Amazing website design that matches the equally amazing comic. It's pretty weird and has a content warning at the start, but nothing truly violent yet.

There are SEVERAL others not posted here, either because they're too early to tell or because I'm actually still reading through them, but this is a lot already. So, any recommendations from you guys?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 20:04:26 10/01/2020 by Bifrost
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 21:37:24 31/12/2018
Suihira By Riana Dorsey.

I'd love to read more webcomics if only i had the time. ::
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3 Posted: 21:53:16 31/12/2018
Kill Six Billion Demons is probably my favorite right now. I'm not too far into it yet, but it's already kinda NSFW and probably will get even more so, so warning for that. The art in this is FANTASTIC and extremely detailed, especially on the splash pages. The story is kinda straightforward, a girl has to kill six billion demons.
Gloomverse is also really good, especially once the story ramps up. It's about a girl working under a self-absorbed magician, but it's so much more than that, I don't want to spoil it.

Also because it was coming eventually, Homestuck and Problem Sleuth. I don't think I really need to say anything about those two.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:30 31/12/2018 by Vespi
#4 Posted: 04:06:16 01/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
Suihira By Riana Dorsey.

I'd love to read more webcomics if only i had the time. ::

I saw Suhira on Tapas! Not my cup of tea but the art is lovely.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#5 Posted: 21:53:31 28/01/2019
problem sleuth is still the best
i reread it recently and it's like a fever dream
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:59:51 29/01/2019 by Carmelita Fox
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#6 Posted: 16:36:24 28/02/2019
Oddity Woods. I don’t read many webcomics but I was so hooked when I found it I read all 250+ pages. It’s on hiatus for a while, but eh.
---
Soon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:39:05 28/02/2019 by emeraldzoroark
#7 Posted: 16:51:59 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Link is broken, Emeraldzoroark, but the art style looks very nice!
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#8 Posted: 21:39:23 28/02/2019
Oh whoops. Fixed it.
---
Soon.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#9 Posted: 16:43:42 05/03/2019
Please read Scoob and Shag
I'm gonna give a NSFW and gore warning, but please get past the first few pages. The real fun begins around page 13, I promise you won't regret it.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#10 Posted: 16:53:59 05/03/2019
Pokemon X
A sprite comic based on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but denser and wackier and kinda NSFW due to language and adult humor. It has been running since R/S's release year back in 2003 and it is still being updated to this day.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:12 05/03/2019 by alicecarp
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#11 Posted: 17:19:25 06/03/2019
Out Of Placers
It is a really enjoyable comic for me. It's an ongoing series about a person thrust into a new life.

The world featured is an original creation.
---
No.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:45 06/03/2019 by icedragon333
#12 Posted: 16:37:02 03/09/2019 | Topic Creator
New comics I really got into recently!

Castoff is an adventure fantasy comic with a really interesting main trio. It's also got a lot of magic fighting, which you can never have too much of.

Novae is a pretty and soft romance comic with supernatural themes. Has a very nice aesthetic!
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#13 Posted: 03:48:00 09/09/2019
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover
Please read Sleepless Domain, a simple comic about magical girls. nothing else. just magical girls, yup the typical magical girl genre. totally not madoka magica ish at all. nope
it's so incredibly good
The art is so good and the artist is amazing and she had a cat twitter and it's great and i cry
she also roasts RWBY all the time which i'm here for

also yes Long Exposure is very good
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:11 09/09/2019 by DragonCamo
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#14 Posted: 00:19:24 23/11/2019
I don’t have a favorite haha. This is literally the first time I’ve read one in years, and I wanted to get the word out. Figured The Draconem Nebula would be perfect for the Spyro fandom. It hasn’t gotten to the meat and potatoes yet, but seems interesting. Love the backgrounds.

https://www.thedraconemnebula.com/
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#15 Posted: 21:33:13 06/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
Please read Sleepless Domain, a simple comic about magical girls. nothing else. just magical girls, yup the typical magical girl genre. totally not madoka magica ish at all. nope
it's so incredibly good
The art is so good and the artist is amazing and she had a cat twitter and it's great and i cry

I read it and HOT DAMN, OP's approval right there. Shame the main artist left after the first chapters but the creator worked it out nicely. And it doesn't have the constraints of Madoka, so it allows for a lot more human interaction! And, a lot of too real and human interaction.

tangent edit: I've removed Terra Fray as the artist deleted it entirely for personal reasons, and Cucumber Quest is in italics because the comic half was cancelled and it's script only now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:25 10/01/2020 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 19:51:19 10/01/2020
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: DragonCamo
it's so incredibly good

I read it and HOT DAMN, OP's approval right there. Shame the main artist left after the first chapters but the creator worked it out nicely. And it doesn't have the constraints of Madoka, so it allows for a lot more human interaction! And, a lot of too real and human interaction.

I do feel the same but I've always liked Mary Cagle's style so it didn't bother me too much.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#17 Posted: 22:17:21 17/01/2020 | Topic Creator
Three more recs this week!

Lady Crows - Spooky fun, the plot hasn't quite started yet but I love the use of art shifts rather than straight up gore for the scary bits.

Copper Eyes - Also another one using the art medium to tell the story. So far only gay but probably gonna get a bit dystopian.

Ivory Weald - Adventure inspired by comfy JRPGs like the Atelier series. The watercolor/markers style definately nails down the comfy even with the darker side creeping into the world, and I also know the artist and she's a really nice, passionate person about her story! (and also helped me fix some parts of my works, bless)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:10:31 18/01/2020 by Bifrost
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#18 Posted: 22:29:39 17/01/2020
Ooohhh thank you bifrost! I need to start reading more webcomics ;~;

Quote: BlueFox
I don’t have a favorite haha. This is literally the first time I’ve read one in years, and I wanted to get the word out. Figured The Draconem Nebula would be perfect for the Spyro fandom. It hasn’t gotten to the meat and potatoes yet, but seems interesting. Love the backgrounds.

https://www.thedraconemnebula.com/

OH YES I follow this artist and I completely forgot about her comic! Didn't realise she'd started updating it, how exciting!!

Reminds me of the old Accidental Elemental comic that I used to love.
The creator revamped it and made it into an original story!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#19 Posted: 03:28:52 18/01/2020
AAAA ACCIDENTAL ELEMENTAL

hkghdfgjkds;h I love Sequoia's art!!

i have to admit i bought both of her books years ago and read them. she's one of my art crushes smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#20 Posted: 03:37:26 18/01/2020
All of these are on WEBTOON:
Cursed Princess Club
Lore Olympus
Luff
Rot and Ruin
SubZero
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#21 Posted: 06:27:17 24/01/2020
Oh my god I remembered Son of the Philosopher. Did anyone used to read this? It is one of, if not my most favourite webcomic. Chelsea is rewriting it too!! So excited!

Quote: ThunderEgg

i have to admit i bought both of her books years ago and read them. she's one of my art crushes :blush:

That is very very valid!! You know she used to have an account on here too!!!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#22 Posted: 16:29:42 24/01/2020
fdjjfklasjfdksl

what!! woah i just found her profile page!!

thanks bolt smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#23 Posted: 02:07:33 31/01/2020
Quote: Bolt
Oh my god I remembered Son of the Philosopher. Did anyone used to read this? It is one of, if not my most favourite webcomic. Chelsea is rewriting it too!! So excited!

Quote: ThunderEgg

i have to admit i bought both of her books years ago and read them. she's one of my art crushes smilie

That is very very valid!! You know she used to have an account on here too!!!

Kinda need advisement on Son of the Philosopher's chapters, cause there's a new one and an old one with many more parts to it, plus the one that claims to be a sequel to them, and whatever the fourth one is.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#24 Posted: 21:31:37 15/03/2020 | Topic Creator
I've been reading Falconhyrste, and just like their sucessful marketing the comic has a pretty nice style! Highschool with supernatural elements, pretty art, demons, you guys know the deal.
---
icedragon333 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6076
#25 Posted: 15:51:04 28/03/2020
It'd have to be Out of Placers for me. It's a unique world.
---
No.
#26 Posted: 00:14:06 06/07/2020 | Topic Creator
One more rec, The Shufflers! This is a fantasy slife-of-life comic that's got some really good personality and panel composition, and though it's not the usual thing I read, it's pretty fun! I do have to give a warning though, there's a lot of jokes about weight, that might be a bit on the yikes side. It's hard to tell if it's the authors being self-depreciative or legitimately kind of bad about it, I haven't seen this issue in a comic before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:28 06/07/2020 by Bifrost
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#27 Posted: 00:15:46 06/07/2020
Ava's Demon and Noblesse were great
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#28 Posted: 03:34:32 03/08/2020
Does the Persona 5 Adult Confidant AU count? @.@
https://www.webtoons.com/en/ch...title_no=393408
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#29 Posted: 13:54:41 03/08/2020 | Topic Creator
It's fanwork but it counts!

Small recs because I'm still getting through them, both on Webtoons!

Lawbreaker - dragon shifters! Interesting worldbuilding!
Stray Souls - Good character design, very illustration feeling art!

edit: one more once cuz it's late and I'm feeling wholesome

The Hunt - Romance with werewolf for those who like that niche. Absolutely sharp inking and nice consistent colors! First episodes are standalone funny things, I actually missed it the first time thinking it was a comedy series.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:01 10/08/2020 by Bifrost
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2459
#30 Posted: 16:23:35 20/08/2020
Quote: Vespi
Please read Scoob and Shag
I'm gonna give a NSFW and gore warning, but please get past the first few pages. The real fun begins around page 13, I promise you won't regret it.

please check out scoob and shag. the way all my friends and i starting reading the series is by reading page #41 first (Click here for that) and then going back to read pages #1-#40 at your own pace. #41 is enough to get you at least a little hooked with how strange it is, and the first #40 explain how you got there. Trust me, there is some wild stuff in this comic once you get past page #13 and especially once you get past page #40. do mind the gore warning tho.

also it's been dead since forever but brawl in the family deserves a shoutout.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:52 20/08/2020 by Lunar
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me