Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Game Question ..
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#1 Posted: 04:28:09 07/12/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm looking to get some games on Steam in celebration of getting a new laptop, anyone got any recommendations?

And aside from said recommendations, I've already got a few in mind ...

Okami
RWBY Grimm Eclipse
Dark Souls
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 06:35:39 07/12/2018
Portal and Portal 2 if you haven't got them already.
Freedom Planet is a cute, cheesy Sonic-esque game that's good.
NieR: Automata
Ori and the Blind Forest

I've got a ton and I'd have to look through my library for more recs than those. I've heard Hollow Knight and The Messenger are good, too, but don't have them yet myself.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 12:55:55 07/12/2018
Didn't RWBY Grimm Eclipse catch the early access syndrome super hard?

Hollow Knight is VERY good. There's also Yoku's Island Express, Battle Chasers Nightwar, Shovel Knight if you don't have it somewhere already...

Another non-exclusive series is the stuff by Supergiant Games - Bastion, Transistor and Pyre. Their newest game, Hades, is out on early acess but it's not on Steam even if it looks great. AMAZING art, and the sort of special touch that only comes when you have musicians helping with the game's direction, kinda like Undertale where the gameplay isn't groundbreaking but the story and the atmosphere are tied very neatly.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:30 07/12/2018 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 22:17:33 07/12/2018
Sonic Forces obviously.

In all seriousness, if you wanna play some heavy Sonic games, try out Sonic Generations and All-Stars Racing Transformed. As for the rest, try out the Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and maybe Nier: Automata (but try to look for fan mods that enhance the performance because the PC port is very rough without those). Tekken 7 maybe? I've heard it's pretty good. If you're going for something less intense for the machine, try out Steamworld Dig and Sonic Mania.
---
Bruh
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#5 Posted: 23:41:40 08/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the replies so far, I'll be sure to check them out.

I gotta say I'm not too interested in Sonic though, so that's not likely to be visited, and I can't say much about Grimm Eclipse's early days, I didn't give it much thought back then, just the show. And Portal is definitely an interest, but a low one.

Edit: Yeah .. as it turns out, I'm not really looking for 2d games right now. I'd think of Assassins Creed, considering it's on sale, but I've never really taken to the series, let alone to choose any of the games. (Preferably one of the cheaper ones, with my limited budget.)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:21 09/12/2018 by theuone
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#6 Posted: 14:53:41 14/12/2018
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is a pretty sweet side scrolling story game where you play as a young girl named Nuna and go on an adventure to solve the mystery of a never ending blizzard with her fox. And either Tropico 3 or 4 if you like city building games with helluva catchy music.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me