Page 1 of 1
Do you think it would've been better... [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 04:25:56 22/02/2009 | Topic Creator
If Spyro and Cynder remained little dragons and not mysteriously grow into teens in DotD? I'm just curious. I mean with all the plotholes of how they grew up frozen in time and all, and they're still the same size as they were in TEN, they haven't grown a bit.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:34 22/02/2009 by Aura24
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 04:30:00 22/02/2009
Well... it made a major plothole. Also, the whole SpyroxCynder thing can go crazy with both the fanbase and future games if they desire, because they're teens now and have hormones and what not. Yes, I'm saying I openly do not support SpyroxCynder at all. >.> Another problem with them being teens is they can fly now. And no doubt Sierra will continue to use flight. Having Spyro able to fly destroys one of the biggest running gags in the Spyro continuity: that despite being a dragon, Spyro EPIC PHAILS at flying. DotD killed the gag. ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7090
#3 Posted: 04:31:57 22/02/2009
No. i like their older forms.
#4 Posted: 18:09:08 22/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, if EL kept Spyro and Cynder's design as they were in TEN, then there would be no plotholes. Plus we would have had the chance to play as Little Cynder too in co-op.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#5 Posted: 22:34:19 22/02/2009
It made no sense how they were, but it wouldn't have affected the game in anyway.
supermalefor Green Sparx Gems: 148
#6 Posted: 22:35:44 22/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
It made no sense how they were, but it wouldn't have affected the game in anyway.

True. So true.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#7 Posted: 02:59:46 23/02/2009
Erm...I would have liked it better if they were younger.
spyrofan_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#8 Posted: 06:10:36 23/02/2009
i like they in this form from dotd...they are much cooler nowsmilie
---
my Deviantart profile: http://spyroexpert.deviantart.com/
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#9 Posted: 06:34:39 23/02/2009
Okay, something I have to point out:

I don't know much about being stuck in a crystal, but those things don't exactly look like they'd stretch to give you room to grow for three years
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#10 Posted: 11:57:00 23/02/2009
In most movies and stuff when people get frozen and wake up about 7 years later, they don't grow up or anything, they stay the same size and they look the same. So I don't know how they grew up in that cristle....
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#11 Posted: 12:24:04 23/02/2009
Maybe as soon as Spyro, Cynder, and Sparx were released from the crystal they changed into their older forms, maybe by the magic of the world? I mean when they were released the magic could have changed them to the proper age they should be. Maybe the crystal was just a way to shield them from the collapsing mountain, and put them into slumber. Either way, in my opinion I still think Spyro should be a small purple dragon. I don't think he was meant to age, but maybe for the TLOS series, the developers wanted to add growth to Spyro. TLOS is his legend, so I would guess they are trying to show you how he grew up, and learned about the the true power of the purple dragon, and his destiny...
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
#12 Posted: 13:46:50 23/02/2009 | Topic Creator
I received the answer why mysterious Spyro and Cynder grew up a little, from Chris Wilson himself on an email. Here's it is:

Regarding your question, when we began working with the new team at EL, we took the opportunity to explore different looks and "ages" for Spyro and Cynder. We also had to make some changes to allow for the new gameplay features, such as needing larger wings to work with the flight feature and to allow the characters to block with their wings. The team came up with a variety of concepts and we settled on what you see in DotD.

We didn't want to change it too much, but it was a good opportunity to allow the characters to grow up a bit (just like many of the fans were growing up too). It was also a good time to make this change given that it was the 10 year anniversarry for the Franchise. Had we made the game with Krome, its difficult to say what would have happened, but I'm sure there would have still been some changes. Since this was the first time Spyro was on the next-generation consoles, we had to update the model to take advantage of the new technology on the PS3 and Xbox 360.
---
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6132
#13 Posted: 14:17:00 23/02/2009
make sense ^
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#14 Posted: 00:24:23 24/02/2009 | Topic Creator
I still think they shouldn't change Spyro and Cynder's design. I mean if the game was going to be made in EL, then they could've left their TEN design alone and enhanced everything else, like the levels' openess.
---
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#15 Posted: 01:34:09 24/02/2009
Not really. I liked the previous looks of the characters HECK lot better; but I don't see how it would have much affect in the game in general.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#16 Posted: 03:07:19 24/02/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
Okay, something I have to point out:

I don't know much about being stuck in a crystal, but those things don't exactly look like they'd stretch to give you room to grow for three years

And where would the energy and nuetriants come from to do that?

Quote: Aura24
I received the answer why mysterious Spyro and Cynder grew up a little, from Chris Wilson himself on an email. Here's it is:

Regarding your question, when we began working with the new team at EL, we took the opportunity to explore different looks and "ages" for Spyro and Cynder. We also had to make some changes to allow for the new gameplay features, such as needing larger wings to work with the flight feature and to allow the characters to block with their wings. The team came up with a variety of concepts and we settled on what you see in DotD.

We didn't want to change it too much, but it was a good opportunity to allow the characters to grow up a bit (just like many of the fans were growing up too). It was also a good time to make this change given that it was the 10 year anniversarry for the Franchise. Had we made the game with Krome, its difficult to say what would have happened, but I'm sure there would have still been some changes. Since this was the first time Spyro was on the next-generation consoles, we had to update the model to take advantage of the new technology on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Ha ha, worst answer to be given. They simply thought it'd be a good thing.
#17 Posted: 04:24:10 24/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Well, I know they wanted to do a good thing for Spyro fans in making Spyro a teen, but still...when he and Cynder are frozen in a time crystal, it doesn't make sense for them to grow inside it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:38 24/02/2009 by Aura24
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#18 Posted: 05:34:39 24/02/2009
I think it's a good thing that they grew up a bit! We don't want them to stay as kids forever...do we?
---
N/A
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#19 Posted: 08:30:09 24/02/2009
Quote: Aura24
Well, I know they wanted to do a good thing for Spyro fans in making Spyro a teen, but still...when he and Cynder are frozen in a time crystal, it doesn't make sense for them to grow inside it.

Yeah, its funny how they grow up inside the crystal..

But hey, it has to take some time for Malefor to Build an army of that size. Not even mentioning The Ring of fire and the Floating isles. It couldnt just have happened in a month or so..

Oh yeah, its true that Spyro and Cynder dont really seem to grow up. They stay the same size, only they look more adult now, because their heads are smaller compared to their bodies. Their wings still look too small and weak I think. And you can clearly see what size Spyro was before he "grew up", you can see him in enemies gallery.

But in general, Im glad they made Spyro look more teen like.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:33:25 24/02/2009 by Samius
#20 Posted: 19:19:01 24/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, maybe in the next Spyro game, they'll have co-op again or maybe add young Spyro and little Cynder skins in it.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#21 Posted: 22:49:10 24/02/2009
The differences weren't as huge with Spyro... they were more with Cynder. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#22 Posted: 00:08:02 25/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Really? How? The way she walks, fight, or runs?
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me