Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 47 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#2301 Posted: 23:51:27 27/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Angora would pass a shop with the sign saying communications and fortunes. A mage was sitting at the counter with a Crystal ball on a table in the back most likely used for the business.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2302 Posted: 00:51:25 28/02/2019
The troll immediately entered the shop, being the first and most accessible she could find. Finding herself a seat, she immediately told the mage her pleas, but not before politely greeting him.
"Good morning, sir. I... I'm in a rather serious predicament right now. You see..." Angora started to say, hoping the mage was patient and kind enough to hear her out. She was planning to pay him anyway, so she told him about Shade, how he was in captivity and how she was doing anything she could to save her, though leaving a secret the real reason for her journey to the archipelago.

"Please sir, I just want to know how he is. Where he is. And... if I can communicate with him, then better. I feel awful for leaving him, but there's nothing I can do. The guards will simply kick me out when they see it fit, and who will be my boss in the vessel hates me with a passion. Please... I just want to know how Shady is, if he's feeling strong... and... what the future may hold..." Angora asked, very skeptical about the last one. She just wanted to know the possible future, not the real one, and know if Shade would fine without her...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2303 Posted: 01:01:24 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“Calm child. I sense your friend is alright. No need for payment first time is always on the house. Come back with me and we’ll get in contact with your friend.”
---
SC
#2304 Posted: 01:20:24 28/02/2019
"Ok. Thank you." Angora said, ready to follow him, if that's what he was planning.
"Should I... go with you or something?" she asked meekly, not understanding what he meant with coming back with him. The whole situation really stressed her out, but she wanted to believe Shade was being strong and that he will be fine even in her absence.
---
#2305 Posted: 02:09:25 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
The mage lead her back to the table. “Please have a seat and hold my hand. I will use my mind to temporarily increase your telepathic ability to reach him.
---
SC
#2306 Posted: 02:26:09 28/02/2019
Angora obeyed without question, letting loose a small smile for this mage's open will to help her,meithout criticizing or being mean to her like Sere or so many others. She hold the man's hand, in deep concentration. If she could speak to Shade and see how he was doing, it would at least give her some peace of mind...
---
#2307 Posted: 10:38:42 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
The mage closed his eyes and soon an image of Shade inside a mysterious machine he was trying hard to stand up. He had to lean on the walls to keep from collapsing.
---
SC
#2308 Posted: 13:55:35 28/02/2019
Angora couldn't really see Shade yet, but she could sense from the mage's vision the tension Shade was feeling.
"Sir, what is going on? Where's Shady? When can I talk with him?" Angora asked desperately, grasping the mage's hand tightly so the connection wouldn't be lost...
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2309 Posted: 14:02:25 28/02/2019
With Shade in the machine, the soldiers ran the mechanism to shut the door. With them closing with a slam, the machine began to run once more, just as it had previously, siphoning power from Shade as the runes inside glowed.

Ilasi was content for the time being, not feeling in the particular mood for anything. "Whatever you want is fine," she said, as she ran her fingers through Dahlia's fur. "I'm going to do some violin practice while you do that." Despite how unskilled she was, Ilasi still found the practice rather satisfying, believing that she would become good enough should she keep at it.

Latnok gave Raclaw a shake and a genuine smile. "Don't worry too much about it," he said. "Things happen. How about I get you some breakfast?" While Latnok was down there, he would see about sorting out any compensation for the damages somewhere out of Raclaw's immediate presence.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2310 Posted: 15:05:42 28/02/2019
Quote: A Guy
Ilasi was content for the time being, not feeling in the particular mood for anything. "Whatever you want is fine," she said, as she ran her fingers through Dahlia's fur. "I'm going to do some violin practice while you do that." Despite how unskilled she was, Ilasi still found the practice rather satisfying, believing that she would become good enough should she keep at it.

Good music or not, Dahlia didn't like the sound of the violin. However, she didn,t want to be rude so she remained on her spot, wrapping her ears to make the sound more bearable. Maverick took no notice and continued attending to Ilasi.
"Ok then. I'll try to make something good." Maverick expressed as he left, using an outside kitchen not too far from there. He could hear Ilasi's music from there, and even though she wasn't very good at it, he had faith in her, and was certain she was going to get better with time.

When Maverick was done, he came with a stack of pancakes for the both of them, decorating them with a small flag and making the syrup look like a running, albeit sticky waterfall. He had made it with some of the delicious milk he had purchased on Alya's island, hoping it would give it a very special touch.
"Here you go Ilasi. Enjoy. Anything special planned for today?" he asked, putting the plate on a small table near her to avoid interrupting her practice.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#2311 Posted: 17:32:12 28/02/2019
Quote:
Latnok gave Raclaw a shake and a genuine smile. "Don't worry too much about it," he said. "Things happen. How about I get you some breakfast?" While Latnok was down there, he would see about sorting out any compensation for the damages somewhere out of Raclaw's immediate presence.

"That.. that sounds good. Thank you.," Raclaw said with a faint smile looking up at Latnok. It didn't matter what kind of breakfast, as he wouldn't be particularly picky that morning. Elsewhere-- Risar had awoken and was organizing the daily tasks for the prisoners.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2312 Posted: 21:04:45 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade struggled a little but soon he collapsed drained. He was trying to stay awake.

“Your friend is in an odd machine that is taking his energy by force. He is in a military camp.” The mage said as an image of shade appeared in the Crystal ball.
---
SC
#2313 Posted: 21:46:34 28/02/2019
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade struggled a little but soon he collapsed drained. He was trying to stay awake.

“Your friend is in an odd machine that is taking his energy by force. He is in a military camp.” The mage said as an image of shade appeared in the Crystal ball.

Angora unwillingly grasped the mage's hand even tighter in frustration, both angry and horrified by the news.
"Machine!? Already? Those imbecile snakes! Wh..." Angora choked mid sentence, hating this situation with a passion. Was there no boundaries to Aelinonian's monstrosities.
"Do you know where is this camp? Is there a way I can arrive there fast? Teleporting or something?" she asked desperately, having believed the machine was still a work in progress and that the journey to the archipelago and back would be before it could be used. She could barely believe the machine was up and running as soon as today. A contraption to drain energy? Just how many blasphemous contraption these bipedal beasts had? She wanted to be with Shade and try and give him more support, but she was at a loss on what to do exactly...
---
#2314 Posted: 21:59:51 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“Unfortunately I do not know where this camp is but your friend you can sense his great power. He is containing it within him for you. He is resisting for you. He does this in compassion for you.”
---
SC
#2315 Posted: 22:20:26 28/02/2019
As Maverick brought the food, Ilasi set down her violin, satisfied with the practice for now. "First, thank you for the food. Uh... Hmm... I... I'm not quite sure..." she said, as she looked off in thought. "We've been up here for a while. We could go underground to see more of the city in the galuds' preferred living space, or we could head underwater so you can meet more merfolk. I've been here for a long time, so I'm not quite sure what would catch your interest..."

The machine eventually shut off, with the doors opening. The captain and several of his men remained alert and on guard. "Get out," ordered the captain. "It would be in your best interest to behave today."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2316 Posted: 22:41:23 28/02/2019
"Galuds...?" Maverick repeated remembering immediately the name. He was once kidnapped by one of those lizard humanoids, not exactly a pleasant memory. As he recalled everything, he also remembered who,mor rather what else was underground.
"Underground, that's where this giant beasts live too, don't they? Yeah... well, in that case, I think I'd rather visit the merpeople. It would be nice to see some of your world." Maverick then suggested with a bit of a sweat, the decision being very easy. He wanted to avoid seeing galuds, and since he once saw a behemoth feeding, it was another creature he didn't want to see. He didn't know if Ilasi's magic would be enough to make Dahlia go underwater, but he imagined they would receive help, not to mention that he was certain the dirt buffalo would also prefer exploring the underground full of elegant merpeople rather than the underground with intimidating, nocturnal creatures and monsters the size of mountains.

“Unfortunately I do not know where this camp is but your friend you can sense his great power. He is containing it within him for you. He is resisting for you. He does this in compassion for you.”

Even though Angora's throat hurt, she remained composed. It wasn the a good idea to teleport right there with Shade or the guards would believe she trespassed without permission, and knowing those abusers, they would use whatever little excuse they could to arrest her.
"Have they stop? Can I speak to Shady now?" she asked the mage, loosening her grip. As much as it pained her to know the machine was being used, Shade has shown many times to be powerful and full of endurance. Plus if he kept behaving and obeying, he would be kept alive long enough for her to return from Falcon's Beak with the necessary help.
---
#2317 Posted: 22:53:38 28/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“You May speak with him.” The mage said. “Just simply speak and he will hear.”

Shade shakily got out he slowly with a few stumbles went back to his spot and layed down.
---
SC
#2318 Posted: 23:26:54 28/02/2019
Angora proceeded to do just that. She couldn't see him. Her magic wasn't strong enough, but she could sense him.
"Hey there Shady? How are you? I can speak to you through telepathy thanks to a mage here in Redwater. Hold on big guy. Please don't be mad at me for leaving. I'll find the help we need, I promise..." Angora said, almost certain the dragolet could hear her. He was already suffering so much, and it pained her greatly to leave him like that. This stranger... he was her only chance, and even though it made her feel uneasy not knowing exactly what he was planning, he was the only option she had. Nobody else wanted to help her.
---
#2319 Posted: 01:32:42 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“A-Angora? Is that you? I could be better but I am holding out for you. I am trying my best.” Shade said. One could tell he deeply cared for her.
---
SC
#2320 Posted: 02:07:30 01/03/2019
Angora almost let out a tear, but she held on, not wanting to express any emotion and hurt him or herself even more.
"Shady... I... I'm sorry! I never expected the machine to be ready so soon! Those monsters! I... I hate to ask this from you, but you have to hold on. I need you to tolerate the pain until I return. I'm getting help, but I'm not sure how long it will take. It could be days... but... it could be weeks. I pray they don't reach the months, but I need you to be strong! I know it's asking for way too much, but we don't have a choice. You know they won't let me be there with you for very long, and they won't let me stop them from doing those things to you. I bet they will even go as far as to arrest me and send me to that awful arena, and I don't think I'll get a second chance there." Angora explained, wanting Shade to understand why couldn't she be there with him no matter how much she wanted to.
"It's... I can't even imagine what you're facing, but you have to be strong. Be good. Be brave. Obey them. Don't give them reason to believe you can't be redeemed... or whatever the hell that is to them. Just, be docile and obedient. They want to see a monster, but prove them how wrong they are. Don't be defiant. Let them keep having reasons to want you alive. Please, do it for as long as you take. No matter how far I'll be, I'll still try to contact you..." she begged, knowing she was asking too much of him, but none of them could do anything about it. It was just another harsh life trial, which Angora hoped would be the last after she finally got the help from the stranger of the orb.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:02 01/03/2019 by Felines
#2321 Posted: 02:30:48 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“I-I’ll do it for you and Maverick.” Shade said. “You’re like family to me. And if enduring this is what it takes then so be it.”
---
SC
#2322 Posted: 02:56:53 01/03/2019
Angora was glad and happy that Shade was feeling this way. Perhaps he was finally learning to have the patience and control he desperately needed. Smiling warmly after such a long while, she spoke to him again.
"That all I need. That... that's all we need. Maverick will be so happy too to have you back Shady. Don't worry big guy. We may be leaving for a while, but that doesn't mean we're abandoning you. We'll be back. And we'll finally get our freedom and happiness back." Angora assured, wanting Shade to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that she was going to return, and was certain Maverick wouldn't abandon him either even if he spends more time with Ilasi. Although Angora wanted to talk with Shade for a little while longer, she didn't want to abuse the mage's hospitality. Despite having the money, he wasn't asking a penny for his services, and that was more than enough for the slightly less distressed Angora.
---
#2323 Posted: 03:23:15 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“And I await that day. And all the more to keep my spirit up.” With that Shades hope had once more flared to life. He was now ready for what ever they threw at him.
---
SC
#2324 Posted: 03:41:52 01/03/2019
With a final smile, Angora finally felt relieved enough to have some peace of mind and an increase of hope.
"Good Shay. I shall await the day we meet again. And if I find out you were a really good boy, I'll let you do anything to me... even... lick me all you want." Angora said before the connection could be completely lost, having a bit of a scowl as she made the promise. As happy as she was going to be to see Shade again, she knew that particular display of affection was something she was always going to dislike, but Shade was going to deserve it, and she knew how fond she was of such activity, so she was going to allow him to have that freedom once all this ugliness was behind them.
---
#2325 Posted: 03:45:35 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“See you later Angora!” Shade said as the connection faded away.
---
SC
#2326 Posted: 04:13:31 01/03/2019
With the connection gone, Angora smiled meekly to the mage, clearly happy and satisfied with the service.
"Thank you so ever much sir. I... I really can't thank you enough." Angora said full of gratitude, wanting to give him a tip for his marvelous service and warm hospitality. Kindness from people at first meeting was so rare to her, she was even trembling. Shade and Maverick were pretty much the only ones who cared for her and treated her kindly. Even though there were others that didn't dislike her like Raclaw and possibly Chester, someone treating her like this was foreign, yet very welcoming. She realized the mage was probably doing it due to being his job treating customers with hospitality, but even so, she was glad.
---
#2327 Posted: 10:38:45 01/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“No need. It’s my pleasure.” The mage said. “Always happy to help others.”
---
SC
#2328 Posted: 16:21:13 01/03/2019
After a bit of time away, Latnok would return with some nicely seasoned beef, brought on a tray with three dishes, one for everyone. He set them down before sitting down on the floor to begin eating.
"Last day before things become a bit more annoying around here," Latnok said. We'll check in with the ship, then see what's happening from there. Hopefully we'll be leaving soon."

"Underwater... that sounds okay..." Ilasi said. "I should be able to maintain the bubble for both you and Dahlia. Maybe you'll even like it down there." Ilasi didn't sound hugely fond of returning home, though she didn't have a particular aversion to it. It was just one place out of many, after all. The tricky part would be the bubble - maintaining it was the easy part, but building a bubble that big would take some effort on her part.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2329 Posted: 17:41:01 01/03/2019
Maverick heard the skeptisism in Ilasi's voice, and inmediately decided that maybe a trip to the galud and behemoth's world wouldn't be so terrible.
"Well if you rather go underground, we can do it. I... I can leave Dahlia in a pen to prevent her from getting scared." he commented, pretending his unwillingness was for Dahlia's sake alone.

“No need. It’s my pleasure.” The mage said. “Always happy to help others.”

Angora left the place, feeling content and satisfied. But after a while, she was at a loss on what to do next. She wasn't in the mood for sightseeing. What was worse, she felt so alone. She usually had Shade, Maverick or both, But right now, she was completely lonely. She felt so pathetic for feeling this way. She used to be a strong, independent troll who loved her solitude, but after a taste of friendship and real family, she was already starting to miss it.

As she pondered what to do, she was tempted to see Raclaw again. He was friendly and likable, but seeing him meant seeing Latnok as well, and she didn't want that presence today despite the slight politeness of his part. She already went to the ship yesterday and talked to Risar. She didn't want to interrupt his job, so visiting was out of the question as well. She thought about the arena as well, but she wasn't in the mood for carnage either. Although that last thought gave her an idea. She was going to visit the behemoth she faced in the arena and do something as simple as greeting him. She had been slowly losing her fear of those beasts, and if she could interact with one for a little longer, perhaps it would do her some good. She doubted the behemoth would see her differently even if she treated him friendly, but perhaps a little change could happen. She was mostly doing this for herself though, so whatever the outcome from his part, it wouldn't matter very much. Her decision taken, Angora took a carriage not so far from there that worked as a taxi, and made her way to the behemoth pens, or at least as near the carriage allowed, and as always, using her hood to avoid being recognized...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:39 01/03/2019 by Felines
#2330 Posted: 17:42:04 01/03/2019
"Agreed.," Raclaw said as he started to eat. He hadn't forgotten their original purpose for setting sail and despite many good things happening along the way (at least between him and Latnok); they had unfortunately suffered many a delay thanks to numerous factors including Shade. Part of him still wondered about-- and feared --his parents' potencial reaction to who he had now become. While he had started this journey a free fiercely independent dragon... he would come to them instead as an bonded, claimed, and technically owned dragon. He had no regrets-- he liked his lot in life and he liked Latnok. He had chosen the Guardian and two now shared a very special bond unlike any other. 'But how would the parents see that?,' his thoughts couldn't help but to worry.

Chester looked up at his two beloved companions and suspected where the fur dragon's thoughts had gone. "Raclaw... don't worry. We'll find a way. All of us.," the little Beagle said showing that despite the two not sharing a direct telepathic bond-- the little guy had a pretty good reading on Raclaw's thoughts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:03:06 01/03/2019 by redwes
#2331 Posted: 20:57:19 01/03/2019
As the carriage took off for what nearly looked like an hour, Angora tipped the woman and headed off. She was left near the arena, and despite being no activities today so far, it was still full of tourists and general people who liked to frequent the place and buy souvenirs and food in the stands around. But she wasn't there as a tourist. She knew this place rather well, and knew where to look. It was a considerable walk, and the possibility of the behemoth that battled not being there could be high. They were constantly moving after all, but she would still give it a try. It wasn't long until she spotted a galud guard with one of their notorious daytime masks.
"Excuse me sir. Good morning first of all. I was wondering if you could lead me to the behemoth pens. I'd like to see the one I faced in the arena." Angora asked politely, removong her hood a little so the galud could take a good look of her face. It has been a little while since her battle, but she doubted she had been forgotten so easily with her stature and unique circumstances back then.
---
#2332 Posted: 01:49:05 03/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile gave a faint smile knowing Angora was working to help him. He would make it up to her for all of this. His hope and spirit had weakened due to the captain but now they have rekindled and are stronger than ever. He breathed in deeply and let it out. A green aura surrounded him indicating his body was recovering.
---
SC
#2333 Posted: 21:20:22 03/03/2019
Ilasi changed her expression to something more pleasant, having not expected nor wanted Maverick's reaction. "Oh, that's fine," she said. "We can do both! We'll start with my home, then move on to the underground a bit later. It'll probably be the best opportunity we'll have before things get a little more orderly anyway." Ilasi was probably going to have to ask another mermaid for help creating the bubble for Dahlia, but was sure it'd be manageable. She just hoped to avoid seeing her parents again.

Once the group had completed their meal, Latnok got up, to return the tray and dishes to the counter. There would be someone to appraise the damage a bit later, from what Latnok was told. With the trays turned in, it was time to head back to the ship.
"Well, I really wonder what the man in charge wants to do with recent events in mind," Latnok said. "No doubt Shade has been driving him crazy as of late."

"Oh, that guy..." the guard said. "We call him Gregor. A bit of a long-winded story, but basically, because of how many people he gets to know, he's a pretty 'gregarious' behemoth, so we shortened that a bit... but anyway, he went on an expedition to move supplies to the front lines a few days ago. He's expected to be back in the city tonight for a bit of feeding.You might have better luck then."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:55 03/03/2019 by A Guy
#2334 Posted: 21:51:24 03/03/2019
Angora was calm with the galud's politeness and open minded behavior, something much more than she expected. But of course, the galud was no Laszur.
"Oh, ok then. Thank you sir. Should I... wait in the place where he arrives or stay around the city? I have to go out soon, just don't know when." Angora explained patiently, not a behavior expected from a troll. The treatment made her quite happy, and it was very cool from the galud not to ask why she would even want to see who almost was her killer. It was quite surprised to know the behemoths were given names, but then again, they had to be identified somehow.

Ilasi changed her expression to something more pleasant, having not expected nor wanted Maverick's reaction. "Oh, that's fine," she said. "We can do both! We'll start with my home, then move on to the underground a bit later. It'll probably be the best opportunity we'll have before things get a little more orderly anyway." Ilasi was probably going to have to ask another mermaid for help creating the bubble for Dahlia, but was sure it'd be manageable. She just hoped to avoid seeing her parents again.

"Orderly...? Oh right, that order from yesterday. Almost forgot about that." Maverick stated, hiding the fact that it made him rather uneasy to know Aelinon would involve civilians in their war, although he hoped it was merely to teach them self defense and not throwing them in the line of fire as well.
"Alright then Ilasi. Lead the way. We can ride Dahlia to get anywhere faster if you want." he then suggested, wanting Ilasi to guide her, though he didn't believe the mermaid was ready to take the reins herself.
---
#2335 Posted: 00:34:18 04/03/2019
Once the group had completed their meal, Latnok got up, to return the tray and dishes to the counter. There would be someone to appraise the damage a bit later, from what Latnok was told. With the trays turned in, it was time to head back to the ship.
"Well, I really wonder what the man in charge wants to do with recent events in mind," Latnok said. "No doubt Shade has been driving him crazy as of late."

"No doubt.," Raclaw said agreeing with Latnok as the trio walked. "I know he was wanting the King's men to personally handle him, although I hear that we may now possibly inherit him once more. And hopefully without the corruption this time around.," the fur dragon than said remembering the effects of the 'substance' well. He had overheard surface thoughts of Shade ether possibly going to the Guardian base or back aboard the ship. And with him and Shade still very much connected-- he knew that Shade wouldn't be the only one suffering from any such effects. "Agreed.," Chester barked having comforted his furry friend during and after such moments.
---
#2336 Posted: 16:47:04 04/03/2019
The galud shrugged his shoulders, spear still firmly in hand. "I would just come back later," he said. "No telling when he actually gets back. It'll most likely be easier to meet him tonight, if you wish to do so - there will be more security protocols in place tomorrow." He didn't seem partial one way or another, simply doing his duty of giving people directions.

"Before we do any of that," Ilasi said, "we're going to have to check in with the ship. It's almost that time. We should be headed there now. I'll be happy to guide Dahlia... on the way back, maybe. We should try getting to the ship first." As much as Ilasi wanted to just break away and have fun, she had to fulfill her contractual obligations. There was still plenty of daylight to burn, however, so she wasn't too concerned.

When Latnok and company arrived at the ship, what they saw was a mass gathering of the sailors and adventurers that crewed the ship, Sere standing before them. The atmosphere was somewhat tense, like it would be with uncertainty about a choice to be made. "Well... let's hope we're not too late," he said. He knew they were on time, but would've preferred to be early if he knew what was happening.
When they came on board, Sere immediately directed them to a spot near him, not too far from Risar. "Glad you two - er, three, could make it," he said. "We have an important matter to discuss concerning Shade. This involves every man on board here, so we will decide his fate here."
Leoquin was sitting somewhere in the front - having been on the ship when the assembly was announced, there was no one there before he took the spot. He knew exactly what was going on. He wanted nothing to do with the monster that killed his fellow people, and would make his feelings on the matter heard.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2337 Posted: 17:17:45 04/03/2019
Angora was slightly disappointed at the fact that she couldn't see the behemoth right now. She wanted to get out of that step as soon as possible, but there was nothing she could do. Meeting a behemoth at night could be scary, but she intended to go along with it anyway.
"I understand... thanks sir." she said politely, leaving passively before the galud would change his mind about treating her with kindness.

With not much to do, Angora took another carriage back to the city, which fortunately left her near the dock where the ship was. Since she was already so near it, she decided to head to the vessel. Chances were Risar was still working, but maybe another visit wouldn't hurt. Perhaps she could cook something to him to get more on good terms with her, but she didn't want to come off as too strong. What could she do? The train of thoughts was abruptly stopped when she saw the crowded dock, some sailors which she recognized, as well as the tall Sere. Just what was going on?

"Before we do any of that," Ilasi said, "we're going to have to check in with the ship. It's almost that time. We should be headed there now. I'll be happy to guide Dahlia... on the way back, maybe. We should try getting to the ship first." As much as Ilasi wanted to just break away and have fun, she had to fulfill her contractual obligations. There was still plenty of daylight to burn, however, so she wasn't too concerned.

"Good call Ilasi. Better do that right now while we have the chance. We don't want to risk getting left behind." Maverick commented, getting on Dahlia and putting Ilasi behind him so they could arrive faster. He had been having so much fun that he hated the fact that he would still have to work on that ship again, so it was a good thing Ilasi remembered. When they arrived, he could see the mess of sailors gathering, as well as Sere in the distance. Departure already? So soon? It really discouraged Maverick the fact that they already had to leave, but he was getting ready for it if necessary.
---
#2338 Posted: 20:34:50 04/03/2019
As they were directed towards their spot-- Raclaw and Chester quietly took their place alongside Latnok. With a heavy heart, Raclaw had a pretty good idea of what was about to go down. Shade was being returned to them and it would up to the entire crew as to his fate.. or more specially rather he would live or die. It wasn't a pretty decision to have to make, but it was an understandable decision at least from Godfather Sere's perspective. Shade had been seen as a burden to the Guardians; the Dragolet's at times uncontrollable powers had killed and they had believed him to be out of their hands. As Raclaw sat, Chester resumed his usual 'viewing' spot on top of of Raclaw's head. The Fur Dragon had grown accustomed to the little Beagle taking advantage of the height and enjoying a comfortable position during events that involved any number of crowds. This was no mere event though and the tension in the air was tight indeed. For Shade's sake, Raclaw hoped that the crowd would be agreeable and that Angora/Shade would be gentle with their words.

And as the Dragon/Dog/Human trio took their place-- Risar offered an solemn nod in greeting. This was no time for friendly chit chat, although the large Minotaur was pleased to see the three still together and in one piece. He hadn't personally witnessed their deeds during the last several days, but had heard something about a neighborhood being safely and humanely cleared of strays-- no doubt the the work of the trio. Little did he know that Chester had actually done the hard job and stepped up for them. Regardless of who was responsible for what, however, the trio had shown themselves to make a good team. And thanks to the trio's unique abilities -- they could both work more closely together and handle the more unique jobs.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 22:52:16 04/03/2019 by redwes
#2339 Posted: 23:53:23 04/03/2019
Ilasi didn't have any immediate comment as they approached the ship; it was clear something was happening. Were they leaving, then? It would make sense, with what was happening - but at the same time... why couldn't it wait a bit?
She, Maverick, and Dahlia would soon board the ship. Sere silently handed a letter to Maverick as they boarded the ship - not seeming surprised by Maverick's appearance. "That came in this morning. Take a seat, please," Sere directed. "We will be in discussion soon."

After a sufficient waiting period, Sere began his announcement. "I believe I have informed you all of why you are here. We are in a precarious situation - as many of you know, we were hoping to be rid of Shade before returning to sea. However, recent events have made things undoubtedly difficult. With the increased tensions between Aelinon and Silvianesti, we are in a situation where keeping him in Aelinon may no longer prove to be safe for anyone involved. In addition, contrary to what we believed to be true, Shade can have - and has had - another outburst."
With the last bit of information, the previously silent sailors began becoming audibly unhappy. "Captain," Leoquin interjected, "with all due respect, that thing shouldn't even be alive right now! We've gone through too much effort to keep him alive, and for what? So he can go and kill more people when we drop our guard for a second? That thing is a danger to everyone around him!"
Though Sere didn't quite appreciate Leoquin speaking out of turn, the situation was understandable - and considering Leoquin's various skillsets for the journey, Sere was not going to risk riling him up further at a time like this, with high tensions, just for the sake of putting his foot down. "That is where you all come in," Sere said. "Aelinon has asked us to see to keeping him away from the war, and retraining him. They are willing to supplement the pay of every man on this crew by 40 percent should it go through - but I will not take any chances. Should we choose to accept him, Latnok or I will kill him the first time we see the need to. I will not risk any more than I already have with him. Should we choose not to accept him, he will be put to death. While this is my preferred option, I will leave the choice to you - as you will all be bearing the brunt of the risk.
"I will be giving you sufficient time to discuss the matter amongst yourselves, before taking a vote. I will be here to answer any questions in the meantime."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:40 05/03/2019 by A Guy
#2340 Posted: 00:30:37 05/03/2019
When Maverick took his place, he knew that the letter would have to wait. Shade coming to this journey too was truly unexpected, and even though everyone's concerns were understandable, he hated the idea of Shade being executed.
"Another outburst? That's impossible! We know how much power he discharged during that blood moon. How could he have more?" Maverick commented to Ilasi, having nobody else to talk to. How can anyone have that much power? Maverick's theory was that either Shade threw a tantrum and disobeyed an order, or perhaps the soldiers threatened Angora and he became defensive. Whatever the case, he believed the soldiers were exaggerating the facts. Feeling desperate, Maverick began talking to the other soldiers in a calm demeanor, wanting to show them he really understood why they didn't want Shade around, but at the same time trying to convince them that he was worth having around. To do that, he reminded them of the battle with the White Shadow, a fight they would've most likely lost if Shade hadn't aid them. By this time, Dahlia had left the commotion and was on one corner of the ship sulking, unable to stand the tension that overcrowded the atmosphere.

Although Angora had come somewhat late for Sere's speech, she was nevertheless near enough to hear the entire thing. She was in an uproar within herself. Shade having another outburst? Like Maverick, she believed it was all an exaggeration of the Aelinonians. They did make a big deal out of every little thing, just like they have done with her plenty of times in the past. This was unforgivabe! She had spoken to Shade not more than an hour ago, and he was calm, even if a bit tired and pained. When she climbed the gangplank and reached the ship, she could already see the commotion between the sailors. It was obvious that most of them wouldn't want Shade around after everything they have heard about him, although she remained hopeful that many of them would be greedy enough to accept him if it meant a much higher paycheck. She made her way among the arguing crowd, not noticing Maverick, Ilasi or Dahlia. Once out of the way, she got ready to approach Sere and demand and explanation... but she came to an abrupt stop. It was as if she had hit an invisible wall, an act so well done, it would even make a mime proud. Their last talk truly traumatized her, and she couldn't find a way to approach him.
"Come on Angora! You can do this!" she whispered to herself, gathering the courage to look at him in the eyes, although she remained put. She didn't dare to speak with him, but she did managed to look at him deep in the eyes, her face pleading for an explanation. For how long this nightmare had to last?
---
#2341 Posted: 14:00:46 05/03/2019
As Maverick attempted to persuade members of the crew, Ilasi joined in, offering her own story with her experience with Shade. Regardless, it was difficult to gauge how much of an impact their attempts were having on the perception of the rest of the crew.
Sere, meanwhile, gave Angora little more than a light shrug. "You have your chance," he said. "You might want to try convincing some here." His own mind was made up, but he would still give her the option to influence others, provided she was convincing enough.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2342 Posted: 14:37:44 05/03/2019
Maverick was very moved by Ilasi's own attempts. It made him feel so happy that she didn't leave him alone in this ordeal. Angora, still not noticing her friend, just looked at Sere, still silent. He wasn't particularly hostile with his comment, but she could still sense some roughness in his tone of voice. Maybe it was just her, but then again, Sere could be cruelly insensible, especially concerning her. But with the green light on, Angora proceeded to do just as he instructed and began talking with some members of the crew, reminding them that Shade didn't kill any of the crew while he was on the ship, not even during the close call that was the blood moon. She also reminded them how calm Shade always was when he had her to take care of him, and that not once did he acted up inside the vessel. Many of them gave her the cold shoulder like they usually did, but she believed that, just maybe, she got through some of them, or they were at least in the process of pondering things. One of her biggest focus was Risar, whom she believed was growing some fondness for her, even if just a little bit.
"Risar, please. You have seen Shady. What he did was terrible, but he's trying very hard to correct things. He never attacked anybody while he was on the ship. He never acted up. Even during the blood moon, he contained his powers enough to avoid killing anybody." Angora reminded, believing that if Risar could be convinced, soon many of the sailors would follow. The minotaur had great influence among them, so if she couldn't convince them herself, perhaps Risar could.

It was an arduous process, and due to the large number of sailors and the tension around, Maverick and Angora still hadn't noticed each other, the hybrid still being too focused on convincing the sailors, using the White Shadow as his main argument. Even though he didn't noticed Angora, he did noticed his beloved mount, so nervous in that corner. He wanted to help her, but he had to take care of this matter first...
---
#2343 Posted: 16:07:46 05/03/2019
As the group conversed, Latnok stayed silent. He was personally not of the feeling that Shade was worth attempting to redeem. Shade would be his responsibility primarily. At this point, keeping Shade alive was doing little good for the rest of the world, and a lot more harm.
"I don't want to have to deal with keeping Shade restrained, personally," Latnok explained to the nearby Risar. "What good comes out of it at this point besides a fatter paycheck? Sure, some greedy folk here might take it, but that is the least of my concerns. The fact is, there's no telling if we'll be able to stop him like we did last time if he has another moment and we don't have the restraints in place?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2344 Posted: 16:27:01 05/03/2019
Angora looked at Latnok, though not directly. It wasn't surprising to her that he hadn't changed at all regarding matters of Shade.
"Aelinon once considered me a threat..." Angora said briefly to him, hinting what she was trying to say. If Aelinon was paranoid enough to believe a tiny troll like her could do much harm to the point of wanting to sacrifice her in the arena, it wasn't hard to believe why they would be scared of Shade, especially after what he did. She was still firm in her belief that whatever Shade did this time, the soldiers were greatly exaggerating, or maybe they went too far in their quest for obedience that they made Shade's instincts briefly act in self defense.
"Shade listens to me. He's calm around me. I can handle him. I can even feed him directly without getting burned or eaten. Would a monster do that? He may be an uncontrollable beast to some, but I know better. He can get much better. Whatever happened in that containment, it clearly was nowhere near as bad as to what happened to the city... or this crew." Angora then stated, addressing to Risar again. If there had been fatalities in this latest "outburst" everyone would know by now. Everyone else saw Shade as a form to be control, but to Angora, they were all of them were simply ignorant people who were unable to comprehend they were making things worse. Shade's death wouldn't bring those people back. She knew he would never hurt anyone on purpose, but everyone else treating him as a monster was causing these troubles. Angora knew the dragolet well enough, and she wanted him to live. She knew he could even save people for real if given the chance.

As Maverick tried convincing the sailors from his end, it was then that he spotted Angora. Nobody else looked like her. How? How was she there? Since when? Was she called to the ship? Perhaps. It wasn't his imagination since Latnok and Risar were looking down on her, so that was no mirage. He almost cried in joy at seeing her again, and wanted nothing more than to run to her and give her a big hug... but she was talking to those two and he didn't want to interrupt. Letting aside his brief joy, Maverick continued with his job, in much high spirits than before though keeping some seriousness intact.
---
#2345 Posted: 16:39:01 05/03/2019
"Who cares if he listens to you?" Latnok asked rhetorically. "It's not you he has to listen to. He has to listen to those in charge of him, and if he can't do so without having a fit, he's worthless. How many lives should we risk for his sake? And for what reward? The cost is not worth it. If we cannot take him at his word about not having any more outbursts, then why should we have any faith about him getting better?
"How will you feel when five, ten more die as a result of his impulsivity? Will you coddle him? Blame the victims? Do you even give a damn about those he's already killed, or do you still think it's all their fault? Because I think it's sad that you, who call me a monster, still cannot even begin to understand the seriousness of what he's done.
This isn't just a matter of 'I believe the power of friendship will see us through!' This is life and death. Real people are at risk every time something like that happens. And I can't justify risking any more lives for his sake." Latnok made no attempt to hide his lack of patience for Shade this time - if Shade was never a threat to anyone again, he would be satisfied.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2346 Posted: 16:56:53 05/03/2019
Angora simply closed her eyes as she listened, showing no emotion whatsoever. Latnok was so predictable, he was even boring. Shade was being judged and mistreated for killing so many people, but she didn't even want to imagine how many Latnok himself has killed. Or Sere who has lived much longer. Even if they were criminals or in self defense, it didn't change the fact that they have also taken away lives, most likely far more than Shade did that fateful day. Nevertheless, she didn't addressed that matter and stayed on topic.
"I don't know what happened back there that made the soldiers feel him like a threat, but whatever it was, there were no deaths, otherwise we would've known already. Why don't we hear what Shade has to say about the matter? Or better yet, look into his memories. Or one of the soldiers' memories to see what really happened. Maybe, look into one of the soldiers who looked from the distance and find the truth. You have magic like that, don't you?" Angora suggested in the most neutral voice ever, knowing too well that Shade wasn't going to be believed, so the only way was unlocking into him or someone else's memories so that whatever happened could be relived and then everyone would see if the soldiers were indeed making a big deal out of a little thing. There was also the risk of Shade being seen as dangerous and have their concerns justified, but Angora didn't care anymore. It was a risk that had to be taken for the truth to be seen. When Angora spoke, she showed no emotion at all and was standing very still, practically like a soldier addressing to her drill sergeant.
---
#2347 Posted: 21:11:21 05/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Suddenly a flash of ember light shown and a fuzzy hologram of a female Dragolet could be seen by everyone. It looked in the direction of Latnok and Sere. It spoke in the same female voice as it did in front of Shade. “Bo amativ.” (Which means “come forward” if one knows dragconic in the rp.)

Ooc: Don’t worry only once in awhile will I use this language. This is what I’m using. https://www.thuum.org/translator.php
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:26 05/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2348 Posted: 22:59:12 05/03/2019
Angora had been waiting patiently for Latnok's response, and she had been doing a really good job not showing any emotions... until this bizzare hologram showed up. At first, she had thought it was Shade, but one very brief glance made it obvious it wasn't him. This was a dragolet alright. Shade wasn't the last of his kind after all. It was too much to process all at once. It was clear that this female dragolet wasn't addressing to her, so she took a few steps backwards to avoid being in the way.

The overwhelming presence didn't go unnoticed by Maverick either. When the dragolet showed up, he immediately went to Dahlia, who was already panicking.
"Easy girl! Easy! Easy! Por favor. I'm here preciosa. Calm yourself." Maverick said as he held her horns and covered her eyes, not understanding what was happening but focusing his attention on the severely scared buffalo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:41 05/03/2019 by Felines
#2349 Posted: 23:10:06 05/03/2019
"Memories? I can't just peer into peoples' memories," Latnok said. "Now, I just might know someone who ca-"
He was interrupted by the sudden, flashy appearance of the holographic creature - something which looked akin to Shade, but more feminine.
It spoke... something. Latnok wasn't quite able to understand what it was saying. "I'm sorry, most of us speak common around these parts," he said rather brashly. "Now if you could repeat that in-"
"I believe she's calling us forward," Sere clarified to Latnok. Sere, due to his noble heritage, was familiar with at least some parts of some older languages, at least enough to understand what was spoken to him. Sere complied with the dragolet's wishes, prompting Latnok to do the same. Sere was filled with a sense of youthful curiosity as to what the creature before them was; in contrast, Latnok was filled with annoyance.

Ilasi was highly distracted by the spectacle before them, not even noticing Maverick attempting to calm Dahlia down for a few moments. "What is that?" she asked in bewilderment, not expecting an answer. Her attention soon returned to the present, however, and she joined Maverick in comforting Dahlia, by petting her soft, pleasant fur.

Leoquin was less than pleased. "Excuse me," he said sarcastically to the creature, "I don't remember you being invited. Why are you bothering us right now? We have actual important business to take care of."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2350 Posted: 23:31:30 05/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Leoquin....” Icestorm said. “I think you should stay out of this one. Whatever she is clearly has way more advanced technology than we do.” He said.

“Ruz zu’u fent tinvaak wah hi ahst hin hahdrim.” Suddenly a kind of mental link was established between all present. “I am Zera queen of The dragolet kind. Shade who you speak negatively about is my son. This power you speak of is present in all my kind. Deep within each of us is a primal power that is locked away forever. That power is uncontrollable and wild like my son. However this power can be tamed and controlled through years of training and great passion.” She said looking at Latnok and Sere. She then turned to Angora. “Step forward child. You have indeed shown great compassion to my son and I thank you for all you have done. Your compassion and trusting in my son are the key to him fully controlling his power. In time his power will become more stable with your compassion and love.” Then Zera image became fully clear. She was wearing golden armor that covered her entire body. This armor gave off an shining aura. She then turned to Sere and Latnok. “That compassion must come from you as well. He is fighting his instinct every step of the way and the captain in charge of him has only made things worse. Yes he has killed many but only because he is untrained in the way of the Dragolet. You see he was separated from us when our planet was destroyed by its own star going supernova. We have been searching for him for many thousands of years. Until we detected a faint siginture of a Dragolets primal power only unlocked by severe trauma from great pain and suffering.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:13 05/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
First | Previous | Page 47 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me