Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2251 Posted: 15:48:39 25/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade was very weak from his powers being drained. “W-What did you do to me?” Shade said weakly. He slowly crawled out afraid he would endure more pain and suffering. His body was reacting to the torture something deep within him was awoken. Shade could feel it. He grabbed his chest and panted and cringed as he was resisting his body’s natural defense mechanism and this primal wild power they have awoken. “Y-you are all fools!”

Suddenly in a flash of light a type of light shield appeared around Shade to calm him. A soft and comforting voice came to him. “Calm, calm my child.” A faint image of another bigger Dragolet with gold armor could be seen. But this one was female.

Shade looked up and he could feel the lulling effect of the other female could be felt on him and he began to calm and his primal powers reside back within him. “W-Who are you?”

“We will meet in time my child.” With that said the image faded away along with the shield. Shade was left there looking up into the sky.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:10:30 25/02/2019 by Spyroconvexity
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2252 Posted: 21:46:24 25/02/2019
Ilasi was quite lucky that her face couldn't turn any more red than it already had, or it would've. Despite being much more willing to talk about the matter, she still felt very, very vulnerable. But Maverick's comments did give Ilasi another perspective on the matter. "You... you say you... scare away women? Does that... does that, uh, mean that I can... I can have you to myself?"
As soon as the words escaped herself, she wish she could snatch them up and revoke them; suddenly, she has an intense feeling of doubt, that everything up until now was just a masive misunderstanding, and she got completely carried away. There was a reason her parents were never proud of her... what would this human see in her? He was probably just bored, and she was the only one available to spend time with...

"Eh... I don't know too much about them," Latnok admitted. "Never did spend a ton of time with them. From what I know, they tend to be a rather xenophobic bunch. They were never really compatible with the attempts of Godfather Sere, our leader, to expand some of our operations into their space for that reason. Don't know if it's just the higher-ups or the entire population, but... I'm not particularly invested in what happens to them for that reason. Damn shame too, since I'm sure that their citizens would appreciate a lower chance of being eaten by monsters just as much as the next guy. I always did feel that Godfather Sere's plans for expanding the capabilities and responsibilities for the Ardent Guardians were always a bit nai- uh, pardon me, ambitious, but that sort of thing is his job, not mine - I just do what I'm paid to do." Though Latnok had perhaps gotten a little sidetracked in his conversation, he wasn't speaking in any form of official capacity, so he felt more at liberty with what he had to say.

The soldiers in Shade's company, if they were surprised, didn't show it - most likely, they were uncertain of Shade to begin with, and any surprise, as a result, would ironically be anything but. After the display, the captain waited a few moments before continuing. "Okay, that's all very cute," he said. "Now get moving."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2253 Posted: 21:52:40 25/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“T-that wasn’t me.” Shade said. He then moved over to get his food. “You don’t even realize you could of killed me and this entire camp. What you did awoken a primal power deep within me. I don’t even know how to get to it nor do I want to. That amount of raw untamed power could of killed me. You’re lucky whatever happened has contained it.”
---
SC
#2254 Posted: 21:57:58 25/02/2019
The captain rapidly grabbed the remote control device from his belt, pointing it menacingly at Shade's collar. "Are you threatening us?!" he asked. "I promise you, you do something like that again, and we're going to have a lot more fun than we did last time. Do I make myself clear?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2255 Posted: 22:00:49 25/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“I am not threatening you I am telling you what could of happened.” Shade said. He then layed down. “Please I don’t want it to go wild. Don’t put me in there again.”
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2256 Posted: 22:21:26 25/02/2019
When Huntress heard the name Godfather Sere, she immediately remembered it was that old Guardian Seraos was talking to in the Orcford arena. However, she didn't find the need to mention that little detail.
"Well, at least dealing with spiders sounds a little easier than dealing with, say, dragons." Huntress commented, once again remaining with a casual tone.
"Give me a giant shoe and I'll squash whatever nasty insect comes my way. The nerve of those Silvianesti, sending disgusting creatures to do their dirty job for them." she then expressed, eyeing Raclaw again, but briefly drifting her attention to the small beagle. She did like dogs, and even though she could afford one or two, her lifestyle was too risky and nomadic to have any pets.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi was quite lucky that her face couldn't turn any more red than it already had, or it would've. Despite being much more willing to talk about the matter, she still felt very, very vulnerable. But Maverick's comments did give Ilasi another perspective on the matter. "You... you say you... scare away women? Does that... does that, uh, mean that I can... I can have you to myself?"
As soon as the words escaped herself, she wish she could snatch them up and revoke them; suddenly, she has an intense feeling of doubt, that everything up until now was just a masive misunderstanding, and she got completely carried away. There was a reason her parents were never proud of her... what would this human see in her? He was probably just bored, and she was the only one available to spend time with...

Maverick raised an eyebrow, shocked by the way Ilasi saw everything. He couldn't help but chuckle at the way she expressed such a feeling.
"Well, that's one way of seeing it... but it's not exactly what I meant. Well... you have seen how I... goof up my words and mess things up. And I know my choice of friends is... not the best through many eyes. Plus I do intend to keep living as a traveling merchant once all of this situation is over, so you see... not exactly the most ideal lifestyle. I don't want to burden anybody. And... well let's face it, I'm not exactly the best at communicating and reading emotions." Maverick expressed sincerely, some of his blush disappearing. He was speaking from the heart. Despite all the strains and tensions they have faced in the past, Maverick still harbored some feelings for Ilasi, although he still didn't know if it was a simple crush or something more. Ilasi had been showing signs of probably feeling the same way, but was uncertain, and even nervous about finding out.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2257 Posted: 22:36:53 25/02/2019
As the Huntress sized him up-- Raclaw didn't say anything, although he made a mental note how this woman was seemingly more interested than most. Such 'inspections' by curious citizens weren't entirely uncommon due to his rarity and rather unique status as an Guardian's companion. But soon enough.. the inspection seized and the two actually got caught up in conversation. It was a pleasant surprise considering that few other than himself and Chester ever started up anything resembling a normal conversation with Latnok. Chester let the conversation go on without interruption.

And as the conversation progressed and the word 'dragons' came into play-- Raclaw eyed Huntress and wondered just when she meant by 'dealing' with his kind. As the Huntress eyed him, they briefly eyed each other almost as if they were staring into the others' soul. He didn't yet say anything, however.

MEANWHILE...
Quote:
Angora wasn't in the mood to look at the horizon, so she missed the flying creature, believing Risar was only looking at the sea. She felt too awkward with the conversation, but if she ever hoped to have a decent relationship with anybody, especially her superiors, it was moments like these she had to take advantage of.
"Yes. I've seen them. Quite close those two. And the little dog too. But by some miracle, Latnok agreed to have me on the ship, so I'll be working here for a while in the future." Angora stated, kinda suspecting what Risar was implying with the break. She was still disappointed with the collar claim, but that was a subject she didn't want to touch. Instead, she waited for Risar's response, wondering how the minotaur would treat her. Was he going to be surprised that Latnok accepted her? She really wanted to know what the bull man thought about her, since she wasn't entirely convinced he liked her too much. He did gave her permission to work there, but was it out of pity? Or did he thought that Latnok wasn't going to let her in? Whatever the case, she had to know as much about Risar as she could, but above all, know what Risar thought about her. She had no doubts Sere and Latnok created a nasty stain on her image, which she believed would be quite hard to clean

"Hmm, I figured-- saw you talking to the captain earlier.," the Risar said with a nod seemingly confirming his suspicions. He turned his mostly away from the now empty sea and glanced down towards the little Angora at his feet. "Risar does wonder how you did it, but shalt not question your methods. You are no doubtful a very resourceful troll and now-- a troll without a dragon. Perhaps your determination has paid off or will eventually do so. Although be warned, more may be expected of you now that you are without your dragon and without the fungage to limit your usefulness.," the large minotaur than said before turning his glance completely towards Angora. "Risar is curious though-- curious as to how this voyage will go, where your dragon will end up, and where you will end up when all is said and done. Risar will say this.. you are certainly determined to say the least.," he then concluded.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:15 25/02/2019 by redwes
#2258 Posted: 23:00:47 25/02/2019
"That is not a problem. I'll listen and obey, nothing more. Resourcefulness? That doesn't even begin to cover it. You have no idea what I've been through. It's bad enough when the world hates you, but when your own kind, the one who should be your last chances, despises you as well, whom can you turn to? And even when you do manage to be happy... life comes and mercilessly squishes you like a useless cockroach whom everyone believes gets in the way of everybody." Angora said in a very monotonous tone, having cried and despaired so much that she was left almost emotionless when expressing certain subjects. Since she didn't want to point fingers at anybody, she used the term life to explain to Risar just how badly she has been treated.
"But, the present is present. By some miracle, that... Latnok accepted me into the ship. I don't have Shady, and Maverick already has someone else, so I'll be alone, just like old times. But such is life. Miracles and resources, that's how some have to live by." Angora then expressed, trying not to sound like she was taking pity on herself. She really wanted to know what Risar truly thought about her, and what dastard lies the Guardians have spread about her, but she didn't want to come off as too strong, so decided to let the subject come by itself or not come at all.

Quote: redwes
As the Huntress sized him up-- Raclaw didn't say anything, although he made a mental note how this woman was seemingly more interested than most. Such 'inspections' by curious citizens weren't entirely uncommon due to his rarity and rather unique status as an Guardian's companion. But soon enough.. the inspection seized and the two actually got caught up in conversation. It was a pleasant surprise considering that few other than himself and Chester ever started up anything resembling a normal conversation with Latnok. Chester let the conversation go on without interruption.

And as the conversation progressed and the word 'dragons' came into play-- Raclaw eyed Huntress and wondered just when she meant by 'dealing' with his kind. As the Huntress eyed him, they briefly eyed each other almost as if they were staring into the others' soul. He didn't yet say anything, however.

Huntress took notice at Raclaw's equal interest, and stopped looking at him. It still baffled her not to know what kind of creature this was. It was clearly not a griffin, and to get one required some heavy paperwork and exportation. Hippogriffs were even more different and banned, and there was definetly no pegasi traits in this animal, so what could it be? She would have to ask later.
---
#2259 Posted: 23:59:04 25/02/2019
"For your own safety, I'd recommend leaving some of the more dangerous arachnids and the like to professionals like myself," Latnok recommended. "That's pretty much our sole purpose in the world, after all. I'm sure citizens like yourself have more pressing matters to attend to, especially in light of recent events." Latnok's tone was rather matter-of-factly, rather than condescending - an expression of his honest belief on the subject. He never could visualize those who weren't soldiers going out of their way to fight such dangerous creatures.

Ilasi came at ease - at least somewhat - as Maverick spoke. Maybe she was, indeed, right, and Maverick was just nervous - or so she hoped, anyway. "You don't... have to be the best at everything," she assured Maverick, as she finally brought herself to look at him. "You try - you really do - and you're very considerate just for doing so. That's well enough. The rest... the experience can come later. I've also not lived the most ideal life - most anything other than poverty would be an upgrade for me. Especially if I get to spend time with you..." Ilasi was somewhat more aggressive in her suggesting this time around, but had much more confidence that her feelings were indeed reciprocated.

The captain looked completely unfazed by Shade's claims. "I don't care what BS you come up with," he said. "We have the collar. We're not scared of you trying anything. Don't for a second think we are, or you'll find out soon enough just how wrong you are."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2260 Posted: 00:27:36 26/02/2019
"Well Ilasi, took bad you didn't try the traveling merchant style before. You could go visit places and sell things, sometimes for more than they're actually worth. Of course, you have to be careful about the thugs who'd want to rob you of your hard earned wealth, but a little more training in magic and that shouldn't be a problem." Maverick said, scratching the back of his head.
"And of course, it always helps to travel in groups. Many thieves prefer to rob those who are alone and seemingly defenseless. But I was lucky for a while..." he then said, recalling the situation with the thug, but preferring to forget it. The scar on his neck was still visible.

But there was also the matter of the lifestyle, and Ilasi and what was she really after.
"I'm... not sure what you'll decide after you're finally free of señor Sere's contract, but whatever your decision, I will respect it. It... it would be nice if you came. It would be a different life, but it could work. I do hope Oscurito gets released soon so that he and Angorita can travel with us. We could fly on him, or just ride Dahlia if you're afraid of heights. I know you aren't... super friends with them, but I know you could get along so well once all of this is over. Of course... we can still have some alone times like these. They won't mind." Maverick contemplated, really wanting Ilasi to come with him once Shade finally won his freedom, but even if she was getting along splendidly with him right now, he was afraid about her having other plans, or a change in decision, or him being wrong about her true feelings. Just what was Ilasi thinking about everything? What was she really expecting of him? He really wanted to know, but was terrified of a humongous goof up if be brought the subject out.

"For your own safety, I'd recommend leaving some of the more dangerous arachnids and the like to professionals like myself," Latnok recommended. "That's pretty much our sole purpose in the world, after all. I'm sure citizens like yourself have more pressing matters to attend to, especially in light of recent events." Latnok's tone was rather matter-of-factly, rather than condescending - an expression of his honest belief on the subject. He never could visualize those who weren't soldiers going out of their way to fight such dangerous creatures.

Huntress wanted to be sarcastic when Latnok started to speak so much about himself and how this was his job and all. She knew the Guardians, and whatever good deed they did, it was never for free. While she also did many tasks for money and was quite greedy herself, she never asked for more than the people she served could afford, especially if they were in some very desperate help, although she recognized that was in part because of her hidden fortune, which could already last her a lifetime. But she had enough of her thoughts. Now it was time to speak about her true interest.
"Not much to do myself, so you won't have to worry about me, although with a mount like that, hunts are a breeze, aren't they? He's such a perfect size for a human to ride, but don't you think it's a little too small for you? Especially with an armor like that." Huntress expressed, pretending she was concerned about the griffin creature's well being. This little shift in subject is what she needed to know more about Raclaw.
---
#2261 Posted: 00:31:12 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“I wouldn’t tell you this if I wasn’t worried about this. This wasn’t me. I don’t know what that image was but she seemed to know me.” Shade said. “Please don’t make me go in there again.”
---
SC
#2262 Posted: 00:51:20 26/02/2019
Latnok gave a look of very slight disgust at Huntress' mention of a mount. "Mount? He's no mount," he said vehemently. "This is Raclaw, a fur dragon and close friends. We've been through some tough battles together, and there are few, if any, I'd trust more to have my back. Hunts are a breeze because our abilities complement each other well."
With that established, Latnok's tone lightened up again. "In fact, we're just doing jobs while on standby for our next journey at the moment - we're headed to Falcon's Beak to search for some who may be of interest to him." Latnok declined to offer any further information on Raclaw, instead giving Raclaw the liberty of choosing to divulge any personal information himself.

"...oh... okay. We can... we can figure that out," Ilasi said, feigning confidence at the end. Though accepting of the answer, it wasn't quite as immediate or committal as she would've liked. Maybe she was reading Maverick incorrectly. What if he saw her as nothing more than a potential business partner? Had she just spilled her thoughts for someone who didn't care for them? Or was she just overthinking things?

"You WILL go in there again when you are ordered," the captain asserted. "I don't know if your little troll master ever taught you this - but while you're a prisoner, you don't make demands. You take orders. You will do what we ask you to, when we ask you to do it. If you have a problem with it... well, you should've though about that before willingly breaking our laws and killing hundreds as a result. Were it up to me, I'd just have you writhing in pain for the rest of your pathetic life - but I have orders from those who are in charge of me, and I follow them. The same will go for you. You can either accept this now, or you will be made to learn, and it will be far from a pleasant experience."
As the captain berated Shade, other soldiers simply watched. They weren't sure what to think of the whole situation, but they had their own orders, so weren't too concerned about it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2263 Posted: 01:01:49 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“Fine then I have warned you. If this power comes up again and I am unable to contain it this will all land on your head.” Shade said. “You would be responsible for whatever happens.” Shade said.
---
SC
#2264 Posted: 01:07:34 26/02/2019
At this point, the captain's tolerance of Shade's seeming insubordination was at an end, as evident by the manner he threateningly aimed the remote at him. "Very well, it seems you need a little lesson on exactly how this works," he said. "I wanted to give you some rest time, but we clearly need to establish some things first. Get in the machine. NOW," he ordered harshly. On his command, the doors began to open once again.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2265 Posted: 01:10:06 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“No! I will not!” Shade said. He backed away. Though he wasn’t hostile in any way towards them
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:43 26/02/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2266 Posted: 01:17:17 26/02/2019
The captain shook his head in disappointment. "Rack," he ordered the collar, as it went through the same routine as before, sending the same impulses.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2267 Posted: 01:18:13 26/02/2019
Despite Ilasi's attempts to disguise her concern, Maverick could sense it. He couldn't understand what had her so upset.
"If you want something else, we can do it too. I mean... whatever you want... we can... you know, just do anything, not just... well you know..." Maverick stammered severely, pulling the hair off his arms and looking at Dahlia to avoid looking at Ilasi, but the dirt buffalo was only glaring at him.
"What should I do?" Maverick whispered desperately to the mount, not even more embarrased that she seemed to be upset as well. Almost as if in response, the large buffalo headbutted Maverick very hard, making the clueless hybrid fall right on top of Ilasi.

"¡Qué rayos Dahlia! Oh heavens! I'm so sorry about that Ilasi. Didn't meant to fall on you. I don't know what got into her. This is the first time she has tackled me like that." Maverick excused, with a blush so hard he started trembling. He helped the mermaid up, examining her carefully to make sure she wasn't injured. As he did, he couldn't help feeling ridiculously embarrased. His temperature was so high, poor Maverick felt he could fry an egg on his forehead.

Latnok gave a look of very slight disgust at Huntress' mention of a mount. "Mount? He's no mount," he said vehemently. "This is Raclaw, a fur dragon and close friends. We've been through some tough battles together, and there are few, if any, I'd trust more to have my back. Hunts are a breeze because our abilities complement each other well."
With that established, Latnok's tone lightened up again. "In fact, we're just doing jobs while on standby for our next journey at the moment - we're headed to Falcon's Beak to search for some who may be of interest to him." Latnok declined to offer any further information on Raclaw, instead giving Raclaw the liberty of choosing to divulge any personal information himself.

Huntress' face changed completely for a brief second at the mention of the word dragon. That was impossible! It was ridiculous! How could that thing be a dragon? She was aware there were many subspecies of dragons out there, but this was at most a member of the griffin family. It just couldn't be a dragon. Was it just a name? Even so, Huntress became tired ofbrainstorming, and instead focused on the rudeness Latnok displayed.
"Well you don't have to be so harsh sir. I merely assumed something given the appearance. How was I suppose to know he was something else?" Huntress asked, not taking Latnok's rough explanation very lightly. Not only were Guardians overpowered show offs, they had a short fuse for even the stupidest of things, not that she was surprised though. She had her fair share of interactions with Guardians thanks to Aelinon's ties with them.
---
#2268 Posted: 01:22:01 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade let out a roar of pain and yet again his defense mechanism started to go out of control. Suddenly a orange aura started to form. “Gah! S-stop!!” His horns and tail spike turned to orange fire. “Stop it now!!”
---
SC
#2269 Posted: 01:25:06 26/02/2019
The captain was calm and controlled as he responded. "Drain," he ordered the collar swiftly - and the collar complied, once again siphoning Shade's power like it did before he was transferred to Aelinon.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2270 Posted: 01:31:16 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
The fire fizzled out and Shade went unconscious from the uncontrolled power and draining effects. His horns and tail blade were still smoking. His body would twitch every once in awhile.
---
SC
#2271 Posted: 10:34:25 26/02/2019
Despite all that had happened, the captain was insistent as ever in his commanding of Shade. "Get up," he ordered harshly. "Get in the machine. Now. I don't have time for your games." He remained vigilant as ever, ready to act should Shade lose control again.

Latnok looked at Huntress as if deep in thought. "That's fair," he said. "You didn't have any reasonable way of knowing. The point is, he's my friend - not some lowly mount. As long as you understand that, you're fine." Latnok could've sworn something about the woman's demeanor changed when he mentioned dragon, but it was most likely surprise, if anything.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:38 26/02/2019 by A Guy
#2272 Posted: 10:45:56 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade didn’t respond as he was unconscious. He soon started to come too again. “Please! I beg of you! Stop!” He begged and started crawling slowly. He stopped just before the machine not wanting to go in again.
---
SC
#2273 Posted: 13:06:55 26/02/2019
Latnok looked at Huntress as if deep in thought. "That's fair," he said. "You didn't have any reasonable way of knowing. The point is, he's my friend - not some lowly mount. As long as you understand that, you're fine." Latnok could've sworn something about the woman's demeanor changed when he mentioned dragon, but it was most likely surprise, if anything.

Huntress eyed Raclaw once again, but her face showed more disdain than interest this time. Her previous fascination was seemingly gone.
"Well, that is indeed interesting. Never imagined a dragon could have fur. But friend or not, you have to keep an eye on it. You never know when a dragon turns on you. Good day." Huntress said in her most casual tone yet, her voice also sounding very uneasy. She didn't even address Raclaw as a he. As she prepared to leave, she wanted to grab a random piece of paper from the bulletin board in defiance, but she kept her civilian persona for now, not wanting to try anything against the Guardian and avoid the both of them an embarrassing scene.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:28:05 26/02/2019 by Felines
#2274 Posted: 14:13:50 26/02/2019
The captain maintained his assertive mannerism, not wishing to give Shade the impression that his threatening act was going to encourage him to spare Shade from any further harsh treatment. "I will not as you again," the captain said firmly. "You will enter the machine, or you will be writing in pain until you collapse and I have a behemoth throw you in. Do you understand me?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2275 Posted: 15:37:55 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
"Please stop! I'll obey just-just dont put me in there again. P-please have mercy." Shade said shaking with fear.
---
SC
#2276 Posted: 16:45:04 26/02/2019
Though Ilasi thought she finally had a reprieve, she was suddenly blushing again, as Maverick helped her to her feet after Dahlia's roughhousing. "Oh, um... thank.... thank you," she got out, as she nervously fiddled with her hair.
"I, uh... I would hope that we... Well, uh, nothing's stopping us from... spending free time together on the ship... that's... that's all I'm saying." Ilasi was at a loss for how to best phrase her feelings without making herself more vulnerable and setting herself up for even more disappointment than she had already. Was Maverick really that oblivious? Or was he just playing the part and hoping she got the hint? The thought was driving her insane.

Latnok wasn't exactly happy with Huntress' rude treatment of his companion, but thought nothing more of it than another clueless civilian - something he couldn't really look down on. Perhaps she lost someone to dragons, which would justify her response. "For the record, he's a male fur dragon," Latnok said. "He." As Huntress walked away, Latnok shrugged, to go back to perusing potential jobs before turning in for the night.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2277 Posted: 17:27:27 26/02/2019
Huntress simply looked back at Latnok with half closed eyes, not trusting having a dragon around. It was one thing having a wyvern, whom despite being bigger, they were more meticulously controlled, but Raclaw was around without even a leash, and the collar he had wasn't the one the soldiers used to keep their beastly mounts in check.
"Well whatever. I wouldn't trust anything with the word dragon in their name. Have you forgotten The Scarlet Slaughter?" Huntress reminded, that being one of the many series of catastrophes Aelinon faced more than a decade ago. Dragons out for revenge left many Aelinonian villages to ashes before they were finally stopped, but the most dangerous one was a beast nicknamed The Merlot Menace. Although Huntress wasn't interested in sharing her story, it wasn't very hard to imagine the tragedy affecting her somehow on a personal level. Her hatred for dragons was deep and quite noticeable.

Though Ilasi thought she finally had a reprieve, she was suddenly blushing again, as Maverick helped her to her feet after Dahlia's roughhousing. "Oh, um... thank.... thank you," she got out, as she nervously fiddled with her hair.
"I, uh... I would hope that we... Well, uh, nothing's stopping us from... spending free time together on the ship... that's... that's all I'm saying." Ilasi was at a loss for how to best phrase her feelings without making herself more vulnerable and setting herself up for even more disappointment than she had already. Was Maverick really that oblivious? Or was he just playing the part and hoping she got the hint? The thought was driving her insane.

"Of course Ilasi. We will have work, but we'll also have free time to do whatever we want. You know, mostly, and if you want... whatever you want..." Maverick replied with his hand behind his head, still red with embarrassment and glaring at Dahlia, which she gladly returned. The dirt buffalo was even tempted to tackle him again and even trample him a little for being too stupidly clueless. It eluded how humans and their counterparts could possible be the ones mostly in charge of the world. We're their intelligence not extended to feelings? Dahlia couldn't understand why her dear Maverick wasn't making a move. What was he so afraid of? Was he really that pathetic?
---
#2278 Posted: 19:10:41 26/02/2019
Latnok gave a soft grunt, as his suspicions about the origins of Huntress' opinion on dragons were confirmed. "I was just attaining the rank of Hunter around that time," he said, trying to recall exactly when. "I killed my fair share of dragons. Hell, I'm wearing one of them now. But I still allow the good ones to help out, just like I work with good humans while killing criminals that get in our way. If you ever have any questions or concerns about potentially dangerous dragons, please don't hesitate to let us know. Your fears are unwarranted for my friend here, however, though I understand your concern. We are professionals in the matter and take the safety of innocent people seriously." Any negative feelings Latnok might have had for this woman's reaction was replaced by a feeling of... pity? Empathy? Not quite. Understanding would be a more apt term. Thus, he harbored no ill will for her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2279 Posted: 19:37:39 26/02/2019
"Good ones..." Huntress repeated, letting out a quiet snicker. She didn't believe something like a dragon could ever be good. They only knew how to burn, destroy and devour the innocents, and shatter the lives of those few who ever managed to survived. She couldn't believe someone as supposedly serious as a Guardian could be so naive.
"But whatever. Better leave now before the smog from his nostrils suffocate me." Huntress said sarcastically, giving Raclaw a soft but deep glare, her opinion of him changing greatly when she found out what he was. He didn't have any fire or smoke coming off him, but she likewise did the comment. She even looked at Chester with some pity, believing Raclaw was going to voraciously munch on the poor dog once he turned to his wild, feral self.

At the ship, while Angora tested the minotaur, her thoughts still drifted to Shade, and that dreadful machine Sere told her about. When was it gonna be used? How much pain would Shade have to endure? It shattered Angora to think what ordeal awaited him, but above all, the fact that she left him behind. She didn't abandon him, and was doing this journey for him, but she feared Shade may indeed think she had ditched him. She knew what it was like to be abandoned and be treated as a monster, so she felt most of the dragolet's pain.
---
#2280 Posted: 21:51:55 26/02/2019
Maverick was being rather ambiguous as to exactly what he meant. As much as Ilasi dreaded potentially hearing the wrong thing, the uncertainty was killing her. She would have to pry just a bit harder...
"So... whatever I want..." she repeated, almost absent-mindedly. "What... sort of things do you have in mind? Just... I'm just wondering, that's all..." If only there were some way to use a third party to communicate on behalf of both of them, one who could sort out all of the misunderstandings...

The captain gave Shade nothing but a forced, scornful laugh. "Mercy. Funny you say that. Did you show my son mercy as you made his home collapse on him? Did you show him mercy as he burned in the ensuing fire? No, you didn't care about people like him. You willfully broke the law, other people be damned.
"And now, after that, you come here, threaten me and my men, and have the nerve to ask for mercy? Mercy is the exact opposite of what you deserve. If anything, I'm being merciful to you by only going as far as I have. Now you will get in that machine. Now. And next time, you will know your place."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2281 Posted: 21:59:57 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
One of the soldiers approached the captain and put his hand on his shoulder. “Captain stop. You would be no better than him if you continue. Making the welp cower in fear is doing it it seems. Plus I doubt his body can take a second round of draining especially after the first one.” The soldier said.

Shade was cowering in fear enough so that his fear even travled through the connection between Raclaw and him. It was weak by the time it reached him but noticeable. “Yes! Just let me rest! Then I will go back in willingly!” Shade said as his fear in his voice is quite noticeable.
---
SC
#2282 Posted: 22:07:48 26/02/2019
Quote:
"Good ones..." Huntress repeated, letting out a quiet snicker. She didn't believe something like a dragon could ever be good. They only knew how to burn, destroy and devour the innocents, and shatter the lives of those few who ever managed to survived. She couldn't believe someone as supposedly serious as a Guardian could be so naive.
"But whatever. Better leave now before the smog from his nostrils suffocate me." Huntress said sarcastically, giving Raclaw a soft but deep glare, her opinion of him changing greatly when she found out what he was. He didn't have any fire or smoke coming off him, but she likewise did the comment. She even looked at Chester with some pity, believing Raclaw was going to voraciously munch on the poor dog once he turned to his wild, feral self.

"Lady--," Raclaw started to say actually speaking up and having enough of the hatred directed towards him of all dragons. The stranger's thoughts also leaked to him and he did not like the implication that he should be on a leash, although he understood their concerns. "I.. I know what my kind has done and I cannot imagine what you have been though in order to experience such thoughts about me. But please-- let me assure you. I was raised among humans and am the tamest gentlest dragon you will ever come across. I have no desire to harm you and I would never turn on those I consider friend. I chose him and he chose me-- and I would never never betray that trust. A dragon's loyalty is something that cannot be beat, should you ever give one a chance.," he then said immediately dropping any tone with the first part and switching to a more sympathetic tone.

--

Quote:
"That is not a problem. I'll listen and obey, nothing more. Resourcefulness? That doesn't even begin to cover it. You have no idea what I've been through. It's bad enough when the world hates you, but when your own kind, the one who should be your last chances, despises you as well, whom can you turn to? And even when you do manage to be happy... life comes and mercilessly squishes you like a useless cockroach whom everyone believes gets in the way of everybody." Angora said in a very monotonous tone, having cried and despaired so much that she was left almost emotionless when expressing certain subjects. Since she didn't want to point fingers at anybody, she used the term life to explain to Risar just how badly she has been treated.
"But, the present is present. By some miracle, that... Latnok accepted me into the ship. I don't have Shady, and Maverick already has someone else, so I'll be alone, just like old times. But such is life. Miracles and resources, that's how some have to live by." Angora then expressed, trying not to sound like she was taking pity on herself. She really wanted to know what Risar truly thought about her, and what dastard lies the Guardians have spread about her, but she didn't want to come off as too strong, so decided to let the subject come by itself or not come at all.

Risar give a nod as Angora began to speak, satisfied that Angora would be at least be willing to listen to orders. "Here-- let me give you some advice. There is no shame in being alone. It is moments like this that life gives you time to think and to reflect upon your life decisions. I have been alone and-- and I have belonged under another. I have no shame in that nor do I have any shame in leaving that life. And while Risar appreciates that life and what Risar was given; I also appreciate what life itself has given me now. My life is not yours and my troubles are not yours. We are not the same, but that does not matter. We each experience our ups and our downs-- and we all learn from those experiences. You may not have Mav now, but you may again one day. And Shade, despite everything he has done, may also again return to you one day. I cannot vouch for what the dragon has done or your past actions, but--.," Risar paused for a moment and looking right at Angora. "Risar gave you a chance and Risar is curious as to what you will do with this chance.," the large minotaur than said. As he spoke-- he seemed to instinctively return to the third upon referring to his past and perhaps often by habit.
---
#2283 Posted: 22:12:19 26/02/2019
The captain shot the soldier an angry, incredulous look, before sharply turning away as he shook his head - lowering his head and resting it on the back of his palm in pondering. After a bout of pacing, he returned to Shade.
"We're done here for tonight," he said, with a voice quieted by suppressed anger. "Threaten or disobey me or my men again, and you have my word that I will not change my mind. Think about those you killed without a care in the world - the people who are the reason you are here now. I promise you, one way or another, we will make you pay for your actions. You will answer for every one of those people, and the family and friends they left behind."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2284 Posted: 22:19:05 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
The lone soldier waited until the captain was gone. He gently placed a hand on shades head. “Even you don’t deserve that harsh of treatment.” He then walked away.

Shade layed there cowering in fear. He tightly wrap himself up in his tail and wings. He put his paws over his muzzle and started to cry.
---
SC
#2285 Posted: 22:51:23 26/02/2019
Back at the ship, Angora listened to the large bull man carefully. She didn't have the response she had been expecting, but Risar hasn't been hard in her, and even gave her advice, which she interpreted as him willing to help her and get to know her better before judging by other's words alone. This was a chance Angora was certainly going to take.
"Ok... we... we shall see... Thanks." Angora replied shyly, not able to look at him directly the same way he could. To get her mind off things, she stayed on the ship for a while to look at the ocean, looking at the setting sun. She didn't know if Risar was going to stay there with her for a while or if it was going back to work, but even if it was the latter, she wasn't going to interfere.

Quote: redwes
"Lady--," Raclaw started to say actually speaking up and having enough of the hatred directed towards him of all dragons. The stranger's thoughts also leaked to him and he did not like the implication that he should be on a leash, although he understood their concerns. "I.. I know what my kind has done and I cannot imagine what you have been though in order to experience such thoughts about me. But please-- let me assure you. I was raised among humans and am the tamest gentlest dragon you will ever come across. I have no desire to harm you and I would never turn on those I consider friend. I chose him and he chose me-- and I would never never betray that trust. A dragon's loyalty is something that cannot be beat, should you ever give one a chance.," he then said immediately dropping any tone with the first part and switching to a more sympathetic tone.

Huntress simply raised an eyebrow, not surprised that a dragon could talk. Many could, and Raclaw had mammalian traits, so it was no wonder he had the intelligence and ability to do so.
"Genetics. Not something anyone can run away from, no matter how surpressed they are." Huntress said bluntly, not bothering to hide her disdain. Even if Raclaw looked very different from a normal dragon, and even if he had a cute appearance, he was still an elemental monster just waiting for a moment to strike.
"But I'm not going to question a Guardian. Carry on." Huntress concluded, getting ready to leave again. She was so disappointed that Raclaw was a dragon. She had initially been so fascinated by his size and appearance, he looked like he could be the perfect mount for someone like her. She was even considering buying him from Latnok if he allowed it, but that was out of the question now.

Maverick was being rather ambiguous as to exactly what he meant. As much as Ilasi dreaded potentially hearing the wrong thing, the uncertainty was killing her. She would have to pry just a bit harder...
"So... whatever I want..." she repeated, almost absent-mindedly. "What... sort of things do you have in mind? Just... I'm just wondering, that's all..." If only there were some way to use a third party to communicate on behalf of both of them, one who could sort out all of the misunderstandings...

Maverick fidgeted, not certain on what they could do.
"Well, there's not much we can do on a ship. We can read a few books, you can practice your magic, play board games, explore the ocean, things like that. We have quite a nice friendship, and perhaps..." Maverick started to say, but stopped right there. He didn't complete the sentence. He became more red than in the restaurant, and once again the hair on his arm stood up like a porcupine about to attack. He was too afraid that if he completed that sentence, he would mess things up and make Ilasi extremely uncomfortable, maybe even skeptical and doubtful about their still growing trust. He believed he was going too fast.
"Well anyway... we can get creative I'm sure. We can invent many activities." he concluded, trying to somewhat complete the sentence even if it didn't make any sense. From her little distance, Dahlia could only roll her eyes, giving up for now. Perhaps all he needed was a little time. How she wished humans could understand her.
---
#2286 Posted: 23:38:21 26/02/2019
That night, sleep eluded Glaveilio. What was he to do? His gambit failed, and only increased Aelinon's resolve to see Silvianesti destroyed. There was almost certainly someone playing the nations against each other... and he just made it worse. There was complete turmoil in the general population. What could he do?
One thing was certain. The people could not afford to be divided right now. They had to be unified in whatever course of action they took. And he would have to do whatever was necessary to get that unification.

Sere, as per usual, was on the deck at first light, preparing to leave to he could take Veris out on a flight. No sooner had he stepped out, however, then a wyvern rider land on his deck. Sere naturally approached.
"Good morning," Sere said. "How may I be of assistance?"
"We've received reports that the Scourge of Redwater has been having outbursts again," the rider said. "It would seem he is not yet capable of controlling his powers as we were under the impression of."
Sere swore under his breath. He should've just had Shade executed... Shade was proving to be irredeemable, despite Sere's best efforts."Tell whoever sent you that I have received their message, and will be in touch," Sere said dismissively. Asthe rider nodded and took off, Sere looked down at the deck, pacing in frustration. His fears were completely justified, contrary to what Angora insisted on. This would probably complicate things...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2287 Posted: 23:53:04 26/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile had moved away from the machine and had a restless sleep full of nightmares and trauma. He suddenly woke up from a nightmare and quickly got to his feet looking around in fear but soon relaxed as his head came back to him. He looked up to the sky. “Angora....I wish you were here with me right now. You always know how to cheer me up.” He said to himself.
---
SC
#2288 Posted: 02:28:22 27/02/2019
Risar stayed with Angora for a little while after the chat, not continuing it, but it wouldn't last long since he went back on the job. That night, the little troll decided to stay in her old cabin to get used to the ship once again, especially in that cramped space she shared with Maverick. She doubted Sere would give them a better room, so she might as well get used to it.
"You abandoned me Angora. You abandoned me to these monsters. They're hurting me, and you left me with them..." she heard Shade's voice shortly after falling asleep on that lumpy bed, with the dragolet glaring and then running to grab her... but this was no playful behavior. Before Shade could capture Angora, he was restrained by some chains. The look on his face, it was like that of a wild animal being deprived of his freedom and very will. This wasn't the dragolet she knew. Shade clawed the ground still trying to get her, but Angora was inches away from grasp.
"Shady please, why can't you understand? You think you're the only one that has suffered? I told you I left to get help for YOU! I didn't abandon you! Why can't you understand? Why can't you hold on for a little bit longer like I have done my ENTIRE LIFE?" Angora scolded, wanting Shade to have patience and endurance. If she could do it, he could, but he was so impatient and stubborn. But the dragolet simply continued clawing the floor trying to get to her, and much to her chock, the chains were breaking...

Angora woke up that morning, having slept rather well despite the creepy dream. She had opened her eyes before the chain could break. While she didn't think the real Shade would ever do her harm, the dream made her think he was suffering, and that maybe he was a little mad at her for leaving.
"I hope this journey is worth it sir. My friend can't hold on for too long. Heh, incredible how the Guardians proclaim they help others, yet they have NEVER wanted to help me OR my friends! Just insults and humiliations all the way!" Angora complained to the orb, having taken it off her hood pocket before getting up. It was stupidly ironic how she had to rely on a complete stranger for help, and the Guardians, who knew her and her good needs, didn't want to lift a finger to aid and hear her plea.

On Redwater, Huntress had proceeded to leave Latnok and his animals, already being done with them. It was ridiculous how a dragon like Raclaw would dare to talk about loyalty, when she believed something like that wasn't in their nature. It would only be a matter of time before a dragon can snap, but if he did, Huntress wished she could be nearby. It could be fun to see a Guardian being punished for such an awful mistake. But for now, she focused on her job, though unfortunately, she had no new leads about the Silvianesti besides what was already known by the people, so she had no choice but to rent a room once it was night and wait for tomorrow. That would be the day when hopefully, her other mission would conclude. It was about time she learned who Dex was, but above all, find the fiendish Blue...
---
#2289 Posted: 02:42:50 27/02/2019
As Shade began to awaken, the captain from the previous day lowered the remote he was planning to use to wake Shade - with the more simple "Wake" command rather than anything more aggressive. "Good to see you're finally up," he said, not seeming any softer than he was the previous day. "The machine is waiting for you. The doors are open. First thing you will do this morning is walk right in again. I dare you to give me any sort of problems. Now go."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2290 Posted: 02:49:55 27/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade slowly went into the machine. He didn’t take his eye off the captain for fear of him hurting him again. He slowly went in as told. He took a breath and breathed out. He composed himself. “O-ok I’m ready.”
---
SC
#2291 Posted: 03:19:52 27/02/2019
Angora didn't know if the stranger was going to respond her, but it didn't matter that much to her. She made her way to the main deck, accustoming her eyes to the morning sun. She missed Sere's arrival and departure, so she didn't know if he had been there or not. Even so, she was more interested about finding out when the ship will leave, but since the vessel was as empty as ever, she doubted it was going to embark right now. Perhaps later today? She couldn't wait to leave and get to the archipelago as fast as possible. Since there was no signs of a journey in these next hours, Angora decided to leave the ship and visit Shade... the only problem is he was all the way in Orcford as far as she knew. That was too far, and she doubted they would let her rent a wyvern if such a thing was allowed. She was rather well known for surviving the arena, but believed she was also hated still. With nothing else to do, Angora decided that the best course of action was to find a wizard. Maybe a fortuneteller or someone powerful enough to sense Shade and tell her how he was doing. If the person could help her communicate with him, then better. She was Shade / friend, but she didn't know if their bond was strong enough, and even if she did have magic, she didn't believe it would be powerful enough to contact him. That was powerful telepathy, maybe even impossible. She looked around the city she has come to hate so much, hoping she could find someone that could help her...
---
#2292 Posted: 09:57:31 27/02/2019
After the events of the previous day-- Latnok, Chester, and a somewhat disgruntled Raclaw promptly returned to their room for some well deserved rest. The dragon/canine/human trio would have a brief discussion concerning the Huntress and her thoughts on what most would consider a very special bond. It had been clear that the poor woman had obviously suffered some lost dragonkin-- and she never had had even the slightest sliver of respect for anything but the most controlled dragon, a standard that the collared tamed Raclaw undoubtedly didn't represent in her eyes. Still, Raclaw didn't care for being treated as an 'it' or for the woman's very adamant thoughts. Collar claimed or not-- Raclaw did not see himself as merely a thing to be 'leashed, used, and sold.' But alas... there would be many like her; many folks had lost their homes to incidents including and similar to Shade. And many would've also lost sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers to the flames. Perhaps the woman had lost any one of the above or perhaps she lost it all. "Come on-- let's go to sleep Raclaw.," Chester encouraged as Raclaw's thoughts kept him awake. Only his dreams would fail to put him at rest...

---
*Dragon noises* Rawrs, streaks, and screeches would soon find a nightmare-cursed Raclaw as he woke up in his own worst nightmare. As an scared frightened Raclaw 'awoke,' he would open his eyes to see bars-- he was an in cage and he wasn't alone. From the sounds of his neighbors, many dragons were in cages. As he tried to move... he found that he couldn't. "Chains.," he thought out loud-- or at least he would have if it wasn't for the heavy metal muzzle tightly clamps around his head. The heavy muzzle, collar, and restraints would keep him from even attempting to try to escape. Suddenly a voice could be heard-- the woman from the previous day. "Oh dragons-- you're all mine. Under my ruling thumb-- you're never burn down another village or take another life. Not you, not you, and especially not YOU.," the woman whose his thoughts seemingly knew as the Huntress said. As she spoke, she pointed at three cages. The first contained a unfamiliar looking dragon, the second contained him, and third (a much much larger cage) contained Shade. "Shade?!," he tried to say as he struggled against his restraints. He quickly tried his tail artifact-- only to find that it had been removed. His collar and harness ring had also been removed; each was replaced by a heavy thick chain that grounded him to the base of the cage. "Time to load them up-- time to load all of them up. They are MINE now.," the Huntress said as his cage started to lift into the air. And as he looked up, what looked like heavily enslaved dragons could be seen doing the heavy work. 'No! I refuse to go! Latnok, where are you? Latnok?!,' his thoughts mentally screamed from within the nightmarish dream. "You belong to me now...," the Huntress said looking up at his cage as went further and further up into the air. "LATNOK!!!," he failed to scream behind the muzzle restraining his voice and his flame.
---

And come morning-- Raclaw would sleep in late. As his thoughts screamed, his telepathy would instinctively activate and extend out. All those connected to him might feel the effects, should they be within a much extended range. Chester whined and tried to wake him up... only the little Beagle's efforts would prove to be unsuccessful. 'Raclaw-- you're in a dream. Wake up!,' the voice of Damon could be heard pleading in their shared thoughts. And as the terrified Fur Dragon tossed and turned-- his tail spike would expand almost nearly striking the poor Chester. The little Beagle looked at the no doubt awake Latnok and pleaded with his eyes for the Guardian to *do something* to help his best friend and favorite fur dragon master.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:00:39 27/02/2019 by redwes
#2293 Posted: 14:10:22 27/02/2019
Latnok happened to be getting his armor ready - as he did every morning - when Raclaw started to struggle. Some of Raclaw's intense negative emotions were already detectable - it would seem that Raclaw was locked in a nightmare, and was becoming violent. Latnok knew just what to do.
"Quicken," he ordered the collar - which would, ideally, comply. As he did so, he brought himself over to Raclaw, being prepared to secure him to prevent any further damage. It would seem that the woman last night really left an impression. Unfortunately, there would be many like her - it was just something Raclaw would have to learn to accept.

Ilasi had slept rather pleasantly, despite the awkwardness of that night. She was confident that Maverick, at the very least, didn't dislike her, though she didn't quite know how much of her feelings were reciprocated. She was sleeping pleasantly in bed, dreaming about playing various games with Dahlia. In this dream, Dahlia could swim like a dolphin, and talk just like everyone else. At one point, Dahlia had told Ilasi that Maverick was just hiding a ring from her - though perhaps that might've been a bit far-fetched.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2294 Posted: 14:28:09 27/02/2019
As Latnok ordered Raclaw's collar to 'quicken'-- it did just that and soon began to pull the troubled fur dragon out of his less than peaceful slumber. The abrupt jolt awake wouldn't bring the most peaceful reaction, but Latnok would have no trouble rolling Raclaw over so that he faced him and preventing further moment-- some minor tail reflex aside. "Latnok..?," Raclaw said as he gently but quickly opened his eyes. He could immediately 'feel' his tail spike expanded and began to fear that he done something very bad in his sleep. "Raclaw-- you're awake!," Chester said seemingly assuring the awoken companion. The dog seemed no worse for wear at least.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:44 27/02/2019 by redwes
#2295 Posted: 14:36:34 27/02/2019
Maverick was still sleeping, having rested on Dahlia's belly, who had been allowed there after much persuasion. The dirt buffalo had it all in her mind to kick him on the head for being so ridiculously clueless, but she let him sleep. Even though Maverick was warm and comfortable, he was frowning in his sleep, and mumbling something, though it was in such a quiet way that the words couldn't be understood. The fact that his lips were so pressed together as he talked didn't help either. Dahlia noticed Ilasi getting up, and gave a soft, gentle moo in greeting.

Meanwhile, Huntress was checking out of the small hotel she stayed in. Her first course of action was saddling up the same, rented horse which slept in the stable outside and head to the black market to wait for Dex, wanted to forget completely about yesterday's meeting. While she had been very disappointed about Raclaw being a dragon, she at least now knew that there was a larger variety of those beast than she imagined. Now she knew there were dragons with harmless appearances and that looked nothing like the traditional ones. It was an unp,easant knowledge, but knowledge nonetheless.
---
#2296 Posted: 16:56:41 27/02/2019
Latnok gave Raclaw a friendly shake on the shoulder as he finally regained awareness. "Raclaw. I was worried for a minute there," he said. "Just a bad dream. Nothing more. We're all in one piece now. Have to check back in with the ship to see what the agenda is for today." Despite Raclaw's actions potentially causing some floor damage Latnok would be liable for, he wasn't too concerned, instead looking at the day ahead already.

On the deck of the Enduring Legacy soon would be none other than King Seraos himself, entourage in tow. Sere, having received a message already, was fully expecting him.
"King Seraos," Sere greeted. "I take it this is about Shade?"
"Yes," Seraos said. "You told me he was stable."
"I said that I believed he could be stable, but wasn't fully certain," Sere said. "I had reason to believe he wasn't stable this time, either, despite his claims, which I conveyed. You chose to accept the risk."
"Regardless of the semantics, how do you propose we fix this?" the king asked.
"I would prefer we kill him and be done with it at this point," Sere said. "He has proven to be consistently unstable. He is a threat to all who stand near him."
The king couldn't help but give a dissatisfied look. "...so that's it?" he said. "All that effort, and... just kill him? Surely you can take him in again to-"
"He is much too dangerous to take with us," Sere said. "I am not going to subject my men to that."
"Bah. They're mercenaries," the king said. "They'll do what you ask if you pay them enough."
"And exactly how much would I have to pay them? How many would accept increased pay to have such a creature with them? Is it even worth the risk? This has been an exercise in futility. I will only be able to accept so much risk before no amount of money will allow me to save more than we'd potentially lose."
The atmosphere between the two, though not hostile, was rather tense this morning...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2297 Posted: 17:19:18 27/02/2019
At the black market Huntress arrived, being quite empty that morning. She took the same seat she used when she spoke to that menacing looking wolf man, awaiting for any signs of Dex. She had the map those three men gave her, and since she believed they would still be around the lake, it was all a matter of leading them to where the map pointed out so that Dex and his wolf friend could apprehend these supposed rebels and save her own life... it it turned out the latter was serious about his threat. That stupid Blue. Such a coward that he couldn't face her himself, and had to use his lackeys for his own dirty work. What was worse was that Huntress still wasn't certain if it was Dex or the three men who were the dragon's actual employers. Somebody was lying she believed, but she wasn't certain whom...
---
#2298 Posted: 18:10:28 27/02/2019
Quote:
Latnok gave Raclaw a friendly shake on the shoulder as he finally regained awareness. "Raclaw. I was worried for a minute there," he said. "Just a bad dream. Nothing more. We're all in one piece now. Have to check back in with the ship to see what the agenda is for today." Despite Raclaw's actions potentially causing some floor damage Latnok would be liable for, he wasn't too concerned, instead looking at the day ahead already.

Raclaw gave a slight smile and nodded-- still slightly embarrassed as he quietly retracted the tail spikes that had unknowingly almost gotten Chester. As he gently got up and surveyed the room... damage could indeed be seen. Bits of the floor were expectively damaged as well as the bed itself; those tail spikes were no joke as Raclaw had illustrated in battle many times. He didn't say anything about the evident damage, instead briefly looking down and diverting his eyes away from Latnok. He normally wasn't one to act out in bed and he knew full well who would be liable for the damage. Chester rubbed up against him-- silently telling him that it was alright and they were alright.
---
#2299 Posted: 21:50:49 27/02/2019
As the sun rose, so too would Ilasi. She slept relatively well, especially with the presence of Dahlia. She had a brief internal chuckle at the whimsical thought of Dahlia swimming like a dolphin. Dahlia was also rather talkative in her dream - as if she came up with things to speak faster than she could actually speak them.
Ilasi came over and gave Dahlia some soft petting. Her fur was always fun and pleasant to handle...
Today would be business as usual. Tomorrow, however, the city would become much, much more orderly, with military personnel directing things like the workload and curfews. Not every profession had obligations to follow military production orders under martial law; mainly, those registered in some trade for production of wartime goods, such as smiths, fletchers, and bowyers. In return, the government would provide them not only free supplies to work with, but a constant stream of work, allowing them to make considerable money for the long hours they put in.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2300 Posted: 22:34:31 27/02/2019
Minutes after, Maverick woke up, and felt rather ashamed again when he saw Ilasi was up first. Dahlia helped him get up, feeling quite a headache that morning.
"Good morning Ilasi. Want to have something in particular to eat?" Maverick asked politely despite the pain, wanting to bring Ilasi breakfast yet again, even if it wasn't in bed. As he waited for a response, he gave Dahlia dry grass from his bag, not wanting her to get too used to oats or she might not want anything else...
---
First | Previous | Page 46 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me