Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2201 Posted: 02:46:58 20/02/2019
Quote:
Angora didn't have a very inviting demeanor, but she was still ready for the beagle to do whatever he wanted.
"Maverick mentioned to me he now wants a dog. Heh, as if he could now that he has that horned beast. At least she behaves very well." Angora commented casually, knowing he had always wanted a dog, but his desire increased ever since meeting Chester. Although she wasn't looking forward for another lick fest, it was better than having one from a dragon or a wyvern.

"Dahlia is sweet.. and caring. They deserve each other.," Raclaw said with a gentle smile. And when it was Chester's turn, the little dog proceeded to lick Angora for seemed like a good five minutes. After he was finished-- he sat down and lifted his head as if showing off. The loop of leather and green metal was clearly visible secured around the Beagle's neck. "How do I look?," Chester barked interested in the Troll's opinion. Raclaw quickly translated for his beloved companion.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2202 Posted: 03:01:45 20/02/2019
The bartender would soon return with a glass of cider for Maverick, as requested. Ilasi gave yet another smile, happy that Maverick decided to oblige her for the moment. "Don't... don't think too much of it," she asked Maverick. "Just enjoy the moment, you know? Relax a bit... maybe you will be a bit more open! Don't you think it'll be fun?" Ilasi wasn't a huge drinker herself, preferring to avoid alcohol except maybe the occasional glass of wine in good company - something which she rarely, if ever, had the opportunity for. However, if there was going to be a time for the two of them to get to know each other with minimal barriers, this would be it, taking advantage of the social lubricant that was a good drink.

"You deserve to know nothing," the officer said vehemently to Shade. "You deserve nothing but a slow, painful death, like you gave my son and many other innocent people. Count yourself very lucky that we respect the laws of our land - for those very laws are the only thing stopping most of the people here from giving you the fate that you deserve."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2203 Posted: 03:28:17 20/02/2019
Angora frowned an eyebrow, having ignored Chester's new accessory all this time.
"It goes well with him. Make him look refined and royal, although as a troll, I prefer dull yet pointy things." Angora replied, being blunt and direct. She slowly shook her head, finding it quaint and even a little bit ridiculous. Her focus was more on how humiliating it was that she and the beagle were actually quite close in size when he stood on his hind legs.

Quote: A Guy
The bartender would soon return with a glass of cider for Maverick, as requested. Ilasi gave yet another smile, happy that Maverick decided to oblige her for the moment. "Don't... don't think too much of it," she asked Maverick. "Just enjoy the moment, you know? Relax a bit... maybe you will be a bit more open! Don't you think it'll be fun?" Ilasi wasn't a huge drinker herself, preferring to avoid alcohol except maybe the occasional glass of wine in good company - something which she rarely, if ever, had the opportunity for. However, if there was going to be a time for the two of them to get to know each other with minimal barriers, this would be it, taking advantage of the social lubricant that was a good drink.

With much skepticism, Maverick took the drink by sips so small, the glass barely looked touched. It wasn't exactly horrible taste, but it was still too strong and not at all what Maverick was used to have. It was going to be a long drink, one that he was clearly taking for Ilasi instead of his own will.
"Well now, everybody seems to be getting along with Dahlia. We should visit places like this in the future, where they tolerate animals." he said, trying to make more conversations to forget what he was drinking.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2204 Posted: 03:44:44 20/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“Look I regret that day every living day sense it. To make matters worse I’ve killed more innocent lives because the scouts didn’t look hard enough. I cannot bring back those lives I’ve killed but I want to honor them and redeem myself. I never want to use my powers again.” Shade said.
---
SC
#2205 Posted: 04:25:09 20/02/2019
Quote:
Angora frowned an eyebrow, having ignored Chester's new accessory all this time.
"It goes well with him. Make him look refined and royal, although as a troll, I prefer dull yet pointy things." Angora replied, being blunt and direct. She slowly shook her head, finding it quaint and even a little bit ridiculous. Her focus was more on how humiliating it was that she and the beagle were actually quite close in size when he stood on his hind legs.

"Thank-you!," Chester barked needing no translation on Raclaw's part. "Hmm... Dull yet pointy things you say? Hang on a moment.," the Fur Dragon said thinking out loud and internally triggering his 'stash.' As the small portal opened up in front of him, he reached in via his tail and grabbed what looked like a small dull knife. "Here--," he said closing the portal again and placing the blade in front of Angora. "I know you already have your poison blade, but perhaps you can use it as a spare or something. I have no use for it and I doubt Latnok would ever be seen without at least one weapon nearby.," Raclaw said seemingly offering it as a gift. Chester recognised it and briefly turned his glance away from it. It had been the same blade that his old master had tried to use against him.
---
#2206 Posted: 04:50:01 20/02/2019
Angora was rather impressed with the stash, having seen it in action before but not so up close. When he closed it, she took the knife and looked at it.
"A kitchen knife?" Angora asked, realizing she wasn't very clear with her description. Angora liked pointy and dull looking things, but those were usually things like animal fangs and claws. However, she didn't want to be rude, so she accepted it.
"Thanks..." she then said, still contemplating the knife and believing that whoever used it, used it a lot often. She could swear that some of those black botches around it was dry blood. As she put it away, Chester's uneasiness hadn't gone unnoticed by her, but she decided not to pursue the matter.
---
#2207 Posted: 10:17:56 20/02/2019
"It's yours to keep-- it'll serve better use in your pack than it would in mine.," Raclaw said said with a nod. As he spoke... he briefly petted Chester as if to comfort him. He didn't know why exactly he had picked up the bloodied blade in the first place-- perhaps to remove it as evidence of Chester's presence in the area, perhaps to start some small personal portable hoard (a goal which he would've failed in), or perhaps because he had believed it might serve some practical use just in case Latnok was somehow disarmed or something. Regardless of the reason, it was kind of insensitive for him to keep it and he couldn't have just left it somewhere. At least now-- the blade would be out of his paws and in someone else's. Chester looked very much relieved upon Angora putting the blade up. And as he petted the little Beagle, another new accessory could be seen-- some kind of leather loop around the base of his tail.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:40:06 20/02/2019 by redwes
#2208 Posted: 15:03:48 20/02/2019
Even though Angora wasn't exited with the gift, she still accepted it. She once almost lost her trusty poisonous blade, and she didn't have a replacement back then. She did have Veris' fang, but that was kept on Maverick's bag as a memento rather than a weapon... although she wondered if she should make it into a weapon as well.
"Well then... thank you." she said again, turning to leave before Chester decided to do another slobbering display.
"I'll... see myself out then. I'll pay attention to the ship every day once we leave." the little troll concluded, heading to the door. She didn't want to feel alone. Maverick would go on this journey too, but chances were Ilasi was going to keep him busy. Raclaw still had Latnok, but perhaps he would spend some time with her if he found the time.

At the lobby, Angora spotted Latnok. She made sure he noticed her, but as she left the Easy Eyrie, she once again didn't looked at him in the eyes. She wanted to leave without any trouble or insults. She already thanked him for the spider fang, so there was no more she wanted from him.
---
#2209 Posted: 16:43:46 20/02/2019
"No one cares what you want,"the officer said to Shade. "Do you think that any of those people you killed wanted to die? No - but you didn't give them that choice. You will follow the orders we give you - and that is that." The officer was leaving no room for compromise, even if he didn't exactly state what Shade was here for.

Maverick's compliance appeared to put Ilasi in a more jolly mood, even if it was more a token effort than anything else. "Not a lot of buildings are built for people bigger than... well, the average person," Ilasi said. "Horses usually have stables they can be kept in, or are fine being tied down somewhere outside, so it's not exactly something that many building owners keep in mind. I think it's more luck than anything else that we're able to have Dahlia here right now...
"...So, what does it feel like to be so attractive that even wild animals want to follow you? That certainly would be a handy talent... it could probably even get you a beast master qualification around here if you really tried to cultivate it." Ilasi didn't quite feel comfortable with trying to control animals herself; that sort of thing was best left to those who enjoyed the thrill of it, in her opinion.

Though Latnok noticed Angora leaving, he didn't intercept her; he figured that if she wanted to speak to him, she would seek him out herself, and anything else would come off as imposing. Instead, he waited a few moments - after which he would head back to his room to speak with Raclaw and Chester about the experience.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2210 Posted: 20:59:15 20/02/2019
As Angora left-- Chester towards Raclaw. "You.. you kept it?," the little Beagle asked clearly referring to the bloodied blade. "I did buddy-- I'm sorry. I don't know why, but at least it's out of our hands now.," Raclaw responded drooping his ears and reaching out to pet him with his tail. The beloved Beagle gladly accepted the sympathetic petting and rubbed up against Raclaw. "It's alright. You did the right thing giving it to her.," Chester said with a gentle series of understandable whines and barks. The two furry friends nuzzled and laid alongside each other as they waited for Latnok's return.
---
#2211 Posted: 21:52:52 20/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked down he wasn’t proud of the things he done and never will be. Buthelezi had to try. “May I at least ask why I’m here. Truly here.”
---
SC
#2212 Posted: 23:58:40 20/02/2019
Angora left the Easy Eyrie, feeling much better than before. She really had expecting Latnok to say something to her as she passed, maybe a small goodbye, or a simple scoff, but he had respected her space. That was nice. Perhaps, deep inside, he was trying to change? While she wasn't very accepting of the bond Raclaw formed with him, perhaps it was for the best. Perhaps it would give him some empathy and humanity back, cause heaven knows he hasn't demonstrated any of that to her ever, just one tiny bit today and yesterday. Now it was Sere who was worse. However, she wasn't going to let that stop her. She was going to that archipelago to seek the stranger's help. He has helped her before after all. She knew it could be as easy as calling Orion and ask him to transport her to the island and avoid the hassle of the journey, but she wasn't going to bother the mighty deity for something so trivial and whimsical, not to mention that this new voyage may be the only chance for her to make the crew get to know the real, misunderstood her, and maybe even finally make peace with the Guardians... or at least just Latnok.

Maverick's compliance appeared to put Ilasi in a more jolly mood, even if it was more a token effort than anything else. "Not a lot of buildings are built for people bigger than... well, the average person," Ilasi said. "Horses usually have stables they can be kept in, or are fine being tied down somewhere outside, so it's not exactly something that many building owners keep in mind. I think it's more luck than anything else that we're able to have Dahlia here right now...
"...So, what does it feel like to be so attractive that even wild animals want to follow you? That certainly would be a handy talent... it could probably even get you a beast master qualification around here if you really tried to cultivate it." Ilasi didn't quite feel comfortable with trying to control animals herself; that sort of thing was best left to those who enjoyed the thrill of it, in her opinion.

Taking another small sip, Maverick proceeded to answer.
"Oh well I won't know about that. Dahlia follows me because she wants to, not because I'm forcing her. Heaven knows I tried releasing her many times when we were here, but you know how well that went. I did dominate her, but it was out of necessity. I needed a mount back then." Maverick explained, turning to look at Dahlia, who was lying down in a corner using some leaves as a pillow and dozing off quietly. Clearly this wasn't an environment she came from, but the change was obviously very welcoming to her. The rest of the customers had been watching her for a while, impressed that something as wild as a dirt buffalo was there right now, seemingly domesticated, but the attention was mellowing down, the people already getting used to the large and calm Dahlia.

"Beast master. Meh, that sounds... controlling. It's just not my way. I don't want to submit any creature. Tried to make things right with Dahlia by giving her freedom back, but I guess she decided otherwise. An animal tamer sounds a little more passable. I understand that some animals can be too wild and dangerous, but I'm still not open to the idea of fully enslaving any creature. I tie Dahlia or leave her on stables just to ease people's minds and because it's the rules. Otherwise, I'd leave her free everywhere." Maverick explained, getting more talkative with just a few sips. He didn't understand why Ilasi would be interested in him pursuing such a career, but it felt well saying these kinds of things to her.
---
#2213 Posted: 01:41:45 21/02/2019
"You are here because your presence here has been deemed necessary by the powers that be," the officer said to Shade. "That is as good a reason as you're going to get. You are in no position to question what you are told. Now stand by and wait for orders. We won't need you to do anything right now"

"Well," Ilasi began, "the title exists as such because of what it entails - having various animals
obey you. A much more pragmatic look at it, as opposed to the sort of relationship you'd have with a pet. It's not quite slavery - in general, animals are easier to control if they are happy to be in your service. Especially with creatures like wyverns - the last thing you want to do is have them not like you... but while we're on the subject of loyalty, do you think the captain will want to have you along again? The crew seemed to be getting along much better with you, and even Leoquin has said that you're useful to have around. I don't quite know all of the details of your time with the captain that led to that rough beginning..." Whatever the case, Ilasi was quite confdient hat Maverick had proven himself enough to be worthy of a spot on the ship again - or, if not, that the captain could be convinced with a little talking to.

Latnok would shortly arrive in the room again, taking a seat by the bed. Not feeling particularly strongly one way or another, he nevertheless figured the recent meeting to be something worth talking about. "So, Raclaw, Chester, what do you think?" Latnok asked them. "She seem reformed enough to you? Or was she still hostile? In the end, my own come first, and I won't let anyone cause any sort of problem in that regard."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2214 Posted: 01:43:57 21/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“That’s better than nothing. I will leave you be now.” Shade then went and layed down.
---
SC
#2215 Posted: 02:30:45 21/02/2019
Leaving the Easy Eyrie, Angora didn't know what to do next. She had planned to sightsee after she had left the inn, but with the chaos going on after the crier's announcement, it was most likely not a good idea. She brainstormed a few ideas, until finally, she decided to just return to the ship. Perhaps Risar was still there. It was a good plan getting to know those who would be her superiors, or at least the people she believed she was going to interact with the most. The minotaur was a little bit indifferent to her, but he didn't seem to hate her, which was a remarkable start. So with her next goal set, Angora headed to the giant vessel, determined to spend some time with the minotaur, wanting to know more about him, but above all, let him get to know her better, and let him see for himself how wrong it was whatever bad image the Guardian's created about her...

"Well," Ilasi began, "the title exists as such because of what it entails - having various animals obey you. A much more pragmatic look at it, as opposed to the sort of relationship you'd have with a pet. It's not quite slavery - in general, animals are easier to control if they are happy to be in your service. Especially with creatures like wyverns - the last thing you want to do is have them not like you... but while we're on the subject of loyalty, do you think the captain will want to have you along again? The crew seemed to be getting along much better with you, and even Leoquin has said that you're useful to have around. I don't quite know all of the details of your time with the captain that led to that rough beginning..." Whatever the case, Ilasi was quite confdient hat Maverick had proven himself enough to be worthy of a spot on the ship again - or, if not, that the captain could be convinced with a little talking to.

Maverick took another sip, already showing some signs of being drunk. He had quite a delicate stomach when it came to alcohol.
"Ah yes, Leoquin the merman. The one that hated me and Angorita from a very beginning. No matter what you hear about people, you always have to get to know them first and hear their side of the story, know what I mean Ilasita? Mi pobre Angorita has spent so much time being so misunderstood you just can't help wanting to lend a hand to such a poor soul. Oscurito may seem like a monster too, but he't such a sweet dragon. That poor unfortunate accident..." Maverick began to say in a monotonous tone, taking another sip.

"...Mi problema con el capitán began when the two of them were imprisoned and destined to fight in the arena. I was a bit rude to him cause he was going to abandon them to their luck. After everything the pobre Angorita has done for him, even making her feel honored to have a medal, but he was just going to desert her and Oscurito and let them die in that place. We had a quarrel, it's true, but hey, look how everything turned out anyway. My great amigos didn't needed his help to survive. They both fought in the arena, faced a scary behemoth and won the crowd's hearts. And in my quest to find them, I befriended this big ol' girl. Don't know what this attraction is you say I have, but it feels good to be loved. To form bonds with such precious creatures. No matter how glum and hopeless everything seems, something good always happens between the way. Even after the arena, when we went to that first journey in the Enduring Legacy, and even though many hated us, we earned some respect. We could be useful. And the two of us, we could finally understand each other and be friends. And you are even willing to befriend Oscurito and Angorita despite everything you've heard of them. That is brave Ilasita. Valiente. So cheers. Cheers for us, for el capitán and his crew, for Angorita and Oscurito, for them to have the hope and courage to face whatever life trial they endure. And for my poor mommy, who's probably in Heaven right now, seeing that in my second chance in life, I'm trying to be the best man I can be." Maverick concluded, lifting the glass and drinking the last of the cider, his face becoming so red he looked like he was being choked.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:23 21/02/2019 by Felines
#2216 Posted: 03:24:17 21/02/2019
Though Ilasi was thoroughly unfamiliar with Maverick's second language, enough of the words sounded similar for her to follow what he was saying. Moreover, there was something rather endearing about it. "Oh, I think your mom would be very proud to see the sort of man you are today. A lot more proud of you than my parents will ever be of me. I'll be honest, though - I might not have been quite as willing to... to give Angora another chance. She... let's just say, she tried very hard to hurt me those few times. But you, well, uh, you, uh, happened to be... very persuasive. If you know what I mean. And... I hope that, uh..." Ilasi suddenly dropped off, as if she either forgot or changed her mind about what she wanted to say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2217 Posted: 04:29:55 21/02/2019
In other occasions, Maverick would've felt rather offended that anyone would think Angora meant very genuine harm, but instead he gave a chuckle, with his face still red.
"He heh. Oh Ilasita. Always acting like someone is out to get you, especially Angorita. You talked to her already, didn't you? You must know how she is. As an old saying would say, all bark and no bite. The pobre troll has been so beaten up both physically and mentally, she's always so defensive. She says things to defend herself, not to offend, even when that person doesn't even mean any harm. Think of her as a little porcupine with her quills always active. You just got to know what to say, how to act to make the quills lower and know where and when to hug, but above all, be verrrry patient. You just never know the soft, tender warmth beneath if you try to get the best out. Can you really blame her for being the way she is? Not too long ago, I found out that her own parents wanted to eat her, all because she never grew the right size and was making the family look weak. Heh, I mean, wow, who even does that? Trolls... or at least most of them, must be some very sick creatures to even think of something like that! Angorita couldn't even count on her own parents! Can't imagine how horrible that is! But hey, it's their loss. Destiny was kind enough to introduce me to that little troll. The road was hard and arid, but I got to see her noble spirit in action many times, and I have absolutely no regrets." Maverick stated, lifting the now empty glass again in honor of his dear friend. He was very serious, but his current state made it look hard to notice. But even like that, he wanted Ilasi to comprehend Angora never means her any harm, and what a terrific little creature she actually is if given the chance.
---
#2218 Posted: 05:07:18 21/02/2019
Ilasi couldn't help but give a small frown. "I get where you're coming from, Maverick... but I've always been of the opinion that your own personal feelings are never an excuse to treat someone poorly. With all due respect, it's something that Angora will need to work on. Most people aren't going to care for her backstory... I just think that, regardless of what she can potentially be, all that matters to people in the end is what she actually is as far as they are concerned. Do you see what I mean?" Ilasi soon after finished the rest of her cider - which she started before Maverick, but drank more slowly, seemingly. At the end of the day, it wasn't just Angora's own feelings that mattered - no matter how close Maverick was to her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2219 Posted: 10:20:14 21/02/2019
Quote:
Latnok would shortly arrive in the room again, taking a seat by the bed. Not feeling particularly strongly one way or another, he nevertheless figured the recent meeting to be something worth talking about. "So, Raclaw, Chester, what do you think?" Latnok asked them. "She seem reformed enough to you? Or was she still hostile? In the end, my own come first, and I won't let anyone cause any sort of problem in that regard."

"She's improved-- a lot. She spoke in a calm manner and.. and we're on good terms now.," Raclaw started to say still surprised at just how well the conversation had gone. "We talked-- about the past, about the present, and about the potencial future. She is actively trying to move forward and to fix her old image in whatever ways she can. We briefly discussed you and although she doesn't yet have to the heart to approach you... she hopes that she will one day be able to. And.. and I told her about our new bond. A-about the collar claim.," he then said pausing to gather his thoughts. The subject had briefly been a source of conflict between the two, before Latnok had fallen asleep in his comfortable grasp. It had remained in his memories as one of their more precious memoable moments. "I was expecting her to be mad or disappointed or some other combination of undesired emotions, but she just took the news as it was. Up to now-- she had never entirely approved of our relationship, of our bond. I don't think she ever realised just how far that bond went, but she's happy for us and.. and she respects my decision. I never had any regrets and I still don't. She sees that now and she has no plans to interfere.," the beloved fur dragon companion then concluded before letting Chester chime in on any thoughts.

"I can voulge for Raclaw's statement. She even liked the collar and said that it looked very regal on me.," Chester said very much pleased with the Troll's opinion. Angora had now known-- without a doubt --that he and his beloved Fur Dragon master now fully belonged to Latnok. His still relatively new collar and Raclaw's month long collar claim proved as much. He was Raclaw's, Raclaw's was Latnok's, and.. and he was happy.

---

Quote:
Leaving the Easy Eyrie, Angora didn't know what to do next. She had planned to sightsee after she had left the inn, but with the chaos going on after the crier's announcement, it was most likely not a good idea. She brainstormed a few ideas, until finally, she decided to just return to the ship. Perhaps Risar was still there. It was a good plan getting to know those who would be her superiors, or at least the people she believed she was going to interact with the most. The minotaur was a little bit indifferent to her, but he didn't seem to hate her, which was a remarkable start. So with her next goal set, Angora headed to the giant vessel, determined to spend some time with the minotaur, wanting to know more about him, but above all, let him get to know her better, and let him see for himself how wrong it was whatever bad image the Guardian's created about her...

As Angora approached the Guardian Ship-- the large minotaur could immediately be seen staring out onto sea. Whatever duties he had were apparently done, or at the least, he was taking a break.
---
#2220 Posted: 15:26:43 21/02/2019
Angora went to the ship, finding to her surprise that the minotaur was right there, taking a break. She has rarely seen him taking breaks, so it was almost as if this was a chance waiting to happen as soon as she arrived. But now that she was there, she was too nervous to initiate a conversation... but she gathered the courage anyway. She did with Latnok, so Risar should be a cinch. Angora went besides him, having walked in a way where the floor would make sounds to avoid surprising the minotaur and let him know someone was there. With lowered ears, she finally broke the ice.
"Troublesome prisoners?" she asked in almost a shaky voice, feeling both nervous and awkward. While she didn't believe Risar hated her, she didn't he liked her exactly either. But whatever insult or belittlement he came up with, it couldn't possibly be worst than that of the Guardians.

Ilasi couldn't help but give a small frown. "I get where you're coming from, Maverick... but I've always been of the opinion that your own personal feelings are never an excuse to treat someone poorly. With all due respect, it's something that Angora will need to work on. Most people aren't going to care for her backstory... I just think that, regardless of what she can potentially be, all that matters to people in the end is what she actually is as far as they are concerned. Do you see what I mean?" Ilasi soon after finished the rest of her cider - which she started before Maverick, but drank more slowly, seemingly. At the end of the day, it wasn't just Angora's own feelings that mattered - no matter how close Maverick was to her.

Maverick simply shook his head slowly, giving a small yet goofy smile before opening his mouth to speak.
"Oh mi pobre Ilasita. Why is everyone so sensible? Whatever Angorita did to you can't be worse than what she did to me when we first met. Back then, I just dismissed her as a cranky little creature who just needed a liiiiitle bit of love to show the real her. And you know what? It worked! It's like with some of my favorite books. The first chapter or chapters are a mess, to the point where you just want to close it down and pretend they don't exist, but once you give them a chance, you find out there's an endearing, invigorating story you just can't get enough of." Maverick explained, trying to give a better example than the one with the porcupine.

He did just a tiny pause to make Ilasi think before continuing.
"You need to give people a chance, you know? Like Lydia gave me a chance. And Orion gave Angorita a chance. You know, the Galaxy Dragon? That big, pretty white dragon you saw when that sea one was defeated? He really likes Angorita. She even has a spirit living within her that protects her. He chose her, because of that deep yet mostly buried nobility she has. Lo que quiero decir es you can't spend the rest of your life judging by first impressions or meetings, or you're going to miss much in life. If I had dismissed Angorita when she gave that first insult, I would've missed the chance of making my first, genuine friend. We help each other, and life was kind enough to make me find her again after sooooo many years." Maverick concluded in his usual monotonous tone, taking another sip at the cider, but find to his disappointment the glass was empty. Despite being drunk, Maverick meant every word from the heart.

"Bartender! Another one, por favor!" Maverick called, not liking to drink, but he was already addicted enough to wish for more.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:08 21/02/2019 by Felines
#2221 Posted: 18:34:00 21/02/2019
Maverick's insistence didn't really make Ilasi feel any better. She felt that, at best, he was making light of other peoples' feelings, and at worst, considering them secondary to Angora's. "So is that it?" she said, not able to hide her irateness anymore. "Is it not how she acts that's the problem? Is it everyone else that's the problem? It's okay for her to be rude, it's everyone else that needs to fix themselves and just accept it! Do my feelings not even matter to you? Or are they just secondary to how Angora feels? Secondary to what you feel is her right to say and do whatever she wants because of her childhood? I can't believe you!" Ilasi didn't even care about the supposed galaxy dragon or whatever spirit it was involved with Angora at this point, feeling more upset that her previous feelings of being secondary to Angora seemed to be justified, at least in the moment.

Latnok took a few moments to consider what his friends had to say. From what it seemed like, Angora hadn't completely regressed to her previous behavior when he wasn't present - which boded well for her behavior on the ship. At the very least, his two closest companions seemed to have no major issues with her. "Okay... that seems well and good," he said. "At the very least, doesn't seem like I have any reason to immediately regret my decision."
Latnok sat around for a moment, thinking, before finally recalling what they were getting at before Angora's sudden arrival. "What are you guys looking to do today?" he asked.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:02 21/02/2019 by A Guy
#2222 Posted: 19:41:55 21/02/2019
Maverick's insistence didn't really make Ilasi feel any better. She felt that, at best, he was making light of other peoples' feelings, and at worst, considering them secondary to Angora's. "So is that it?" she said, not able to hide her irateness anymore. "Is it not how she acts that's the problem? Is it everyone else that's the problem? It's okay for her to be rude, it's everyone else that needs to fix themselves and just accept it! Do my feelings not even matter to you? Or are they just secondary to how Angora feels? Secondary to what you feel is her right to say and do whatever she wants because of her childhood? I can't believe you!" Ilasi didn't even care about the supposed galaxy dragon or whatever spirit it was involved with Angora at this point, feeling more upset that her previous feelings of being secondary to Angora seemed to be justified, at least in the moment.

Dahlia lifted her head, looking at the table to where the pair was. She was sensing Ilasi's tension. There was none on Maverick. His expression didn't changed a bit. Although he was listening to Ilasi and processing her sentences, he didn't show much emotion.
"Dear, sweet Ilasita. You misunderstand again. Yo not saying Angorita is right. Which is why she try hard to understand what she does wrong and why people treat her so badly. You think she's rude now? You should've met her years ago. She is trying to change... and getting better, but nobody ever gives her a chance. Don't you think everyone deserves a second chance? If someone is rude to you, does that mean they deserve all the hatred of the world? I thought you girls reached a mutual understanding that night. What was it so horrible that she said to you for you to hate her so much Ilasita?" Maverick finally said, his expression changing just a tiny bit when he finished the last sentence. He wasn't present when Angora did whatever Ilasi believed she did to her, and it made him very sad that a misunderstanding, or even an accidental offense brought such an awful strain between them. If only Ilasi could know and see Angora the way he did.
---
#2223 Posted: 20:28:55 21/02/2019
"I think you're misunderstanding me..." Ilasi said. "It's not that I hate her now. I just don't think that her behavior is excusable. It's something that needs to be fixed. When you try to justify it... when you call others overly sensible for not liking it... it comes across as if you don't care about others, and just want them to put up with whatever she does, because she has an excuse. That's... that's not something I can agree with." Ilasi's frustrations were subsiding for the moment... if only slightly.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2224 Posted: 22:07:57 21/02/2019
"Who says it is? I know Angorita has some ways to go, and she's trying, but she can't do it alone. You have seen how Latnok and el capitán treat her, am I right Ilasita? Instead of trying to correct her behavior, they choose to see her as a little monster that never changes, and treat her like she's worth nothing. How can anyone change their behavior if nobody encourages you? I don't want Angorita to think that change is worthless..." Maverick explained rather calmly, lying his head on the table, starting to feel very dizzy. Despite the refill, he hadn't touched his new drink yet.

Dahlia remained on the corner, dozing off again but still paying attention. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew it wasn't the first time Ilasi has felt tense for some reason, so she was ready to interfere if necessary.
---
#2225 Posted: 00:03:19 22/02/2019
Ilasi was feeling much better about the situation now, having sorted out the misunderstanding. "I can see," Ilasi said. "As long as you understand... there's more than one side to the whole situation. It'll be something for us all to work on. Most people will not have your patience. I just hope... I just hope you can see things from... from other perspectives."
Maverick putting his head down didn't go unnoticed by Ilasi. "You drank that pretty quickly, didn't you? Are you, uh... new to drinking? The drink hits you much harder if you slam it. Which is quite good if you're looking to, uh, forget about things, but... ah..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2226 Posted: 01:26:53 22/02/2019
While Maverick was feeling dizzy and woozy, he was still conscious and listening.
"Last time I drank, was when my father's ship sank. Felt so... lonely. So... useless. I felt guilty for feeling happy about my dad's demise. La muerte isn't something you shouldn't feel happy about... I think... although maybe other survived because he isn't around to hurt them." Maverick expressed, having emotional conflicts even in his state. The question even got him thinking.
"Life had given me another chance, and I took it... but how well have I do it? Unable to help old friends and disappointing others..." Maverick concluded, lifting his head to look at Ilasi when finishing that last sentence. He was still red and sweaty, and still unable to touch the new drink. While Dahlia did noticed some of his surpressed anguish, he stank too much to be approached, so she remained out and waited for the smell to go away...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:45 22/02/2019 by Felines
#2227 Posted: 02:17:37 22/02/2019
As much as Ilasi wanted to tell Maverick that some people had it coming, and deserved death when it finally came to them, she didn't want to start up another debate on morality, especially in regards to Aelinon's own general belief on the subject versus that of Maverick. Instead, she would concentrate on other aspects.
"Who says you're not able to help them? There's still so much that's left to do... Angora and Shade are still here. And besides... they're not the only people you have anymore..." Ilasi gave Maverick a look-over - he didn't seem to be in the best of shape. Maybe he should've kept the show pace...
"You look a bit out of it. Do you want to go and take a rest now?" she asked him politely. There would be other opportunities - maybe not as "facilitated" as this one had been, but that wasn't important right now.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2228 Posted: 02:42:59 22/02/2019
Maverick shook his head, not ready to leave.
"Leave? What for Ilasita? We can still enjoy this beautiful place..." Maverick said between closed eyes, finally taking a large sip of the new cider... and then fainting right there on the table. Despite his practically now intoxication, Dahlia approached the table to help the mermaid lift him. She carried him on her head, ready to listen to Ilasi's every command.

Maverick was asleep, and it was uncertain how many time has passed, or even where he was, but it was clear that alcohol and him weren't very compatible.
---
#2229 Posted: 16:51:15 23/02/2019
After settling the tab on her own, Ilasi guided Dahlia as she carried Maverick out of the establishment. She wasn't sure where Maverick would want to rest, so she would just lead Dahlia to one of the many parks around the city for now. As they moved, Ilasi subconsciously ran her fingers through Dahlia's fur, appreciating just how soft it was.
"Thank you, Dahlia," Ilasi said. "Maybe this wasn't as good an idea as I was hoping... I mean, we got some things out of the way, but, you know... I was kinda hoping that maybe... Maverick had some things he wanted to say to me. I mean... I suppose after the whole discussion about Angora, I know where his priority lies... maybe it was a bit too much of a hope, you know?" Even if Maverick weren't conscious right now, Dahlia's company was more than satisfying to Ilasi.

As dusk approached at the encampment Shade was located at, a rather unusual piece of equipment was being moved in - a large device, an amalgamation of wood, stone, and crystal, somewhat similar to some other devices Aelinon had around to concentrate magical energy. Most notably, there was a massive door on the back, to hold some thing or another inside as the device moved.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2230 Posted: 17:16:36 23/02/2019
For the rest of the day, Huntress spent the time gathering information about the Silvianesti. She even did a few bounty hunter jobs in order to expand her search but also win money in the process. The elves were a mysterious bunch, but all she could learn in this time was about the village Shade burnt, which no doubt would cause much resentment. But she believed in her king. She believed he knew what he was doing...

After settling the tab on her own, Ilasi guided Dahlia as she carried Maverick out of the establishment. She wasn't sure where Maverick would want to rest, so she would just lead Dahlia to one of the many parks around the city for now. As they moved, Ilasi subconsciously ran her fingers through Dahlia's fur, appreciating just how soft it was.
"Thank you, Dahlia," Ilasi said. "Maybe this wasn't as good an idea as I was hoping... I mean, we got some things out of the way, but, you know... I was kinda hoping that maybe... Maverick had some things he wanted to say to me. I mean... I suppose after the whole discussion about Angora, I know where his priority lies... maybe it was a bit too much of a hope, you know?" Even if Maverick weren't conscious right now, Dahlia's company was more than satisfying to Ilasi.

Even though Dahlia didn't understand many words, she did sense feelings very well. She knew Ilasi was sad, but didn't knew exactly why. Humans and their cousins were such an enigmatic bunch. As Maverick was settled, the dirt buffalo remained with him all the way. When he woke up, he had almost no memory of what happened after drinking the cider. Without even noticing if Ilasi was nearby, he started to speak to his beloved mount.
"Dahlia... oh no! Don't tell me I fainted? Ugh! That is so stupid! Why do I have to keep doing such ridiculous things? And poor Ilasi just trying to help me have some fun and I have to do these things! I don't know what else to do. I... I don't know what else to say. I fear that every time I open my mouth, I'm going to mess things up. If only I knew what Ilasi wants. I don't want to hurt her. Heh, I may have had a way with girls, but... well, I could never settle with one. I'll just hurt her. I honestly believed I could have a chance without my father's scary influence around... but it'll never work. Feelings... they are just too complicated. This... I don't think Ilasi can ever feel the same way about me. All I ever do is disappoint her." Maverick said as he patted Dahlia's extra soft fur. The dirt buffalo may be unable to understand him, but it felt so well talking to her.
---
#2231 Posted: 17:57:49 23/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade looked at the new equipment being moved in. He shuttered at the sight of it feeling a bad aura around it. He moved away a little from it and looked away. He felt something bad was going to happen to him.
---
SC
#2232 Posted: 21:05:20 23/02/2019
Ilasi wasn't immediately nearby when Maverick spoke; instead, she was just behind a tree, admiring a squirrel that moved about without a care in the world. Once night settled, one might be able to catch bats flocking about some areas and devouring insects that dared to brave the night sky - but that was a sight for a bit later...
It wasn't until Maverick was almost done speaking that the fact that he was speaking, as well as everything he was saying, began to register in Ilasi's mind. "I could never settle with one..." "I'll just hurt her..." "I don't think Ilasi can ever feel the same way about me..." Was Maverick talking about what she thought he was talking about? What she hoped he was talking about? Was that why he hadn't said anything all this time? Or was she completely misinterpreting things? Was she taking things out of context?
That also didn't address the fact that she had inadvertently eavesdropped on what she was probably not supposed to hear. Immediately revealing herself would be beyond awkward. What should she do? She sat and thought for a moment, pondering her next course of action...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2233 Posted: 21:24:57 23/02/2019
Maverick didn't noticed Ilasi coming. Since he didn't see her around when he woke up, he took the liberty to vent with Dahlia. It wasn't until the dirt buffalo's flock of the ears acknowledging her presence that Maverick was alerted. Quickly thinking of something, he took out the large comb he always used on Dahlia and started grooming her, pretending like that was what he has been doing this entire time.
"Well, that was humiliating Dahlia. This is why I don't drink. Listen, since you were such a good girl today, I'll double your rations of oats." Maverick stated, with Dahlia wondering why the sudden change of tone. She didn't understand many words, but she knew precisely what the word oat meant, and she was already starting to drool.
---
#2234 Posted: 23:14:12 23/02/2019
Ilasi wasn't sure of whether Maverick had actually become aware of her unintended eavesdropping or not, but decided to play it safe all the same. As she approached, she started to pet Dahlia instinctively herself. "So, uh... I guess maybe that wasn't the best time you ever had..." she said nervously. "I'm sorry, I thought it would be a lot more fun than... uh, than what it turned out to be. I was trying, though..." Ilasi had sobered up by now, and had none of the alcohol to help her overcome her awkward feelings at the moment.

Some of the men who escorted the device over spoke to some other men. Soon, the captain from before approached Shade. "Get in the machine," he ordered roughly. "If you ask questions, I promise you that you will not have a fun time of it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2235 Posted: 23:18:42 23/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“What? What is that?” Shade said. He didn’t like what they were making him do. The machine was making him very wary.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:35 23/02/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2236 Posted: 23:21:44 23/02/2019
The officer had very little patience for Shade, and did not wish to encourage repeated questioning as he seemed to have done by obliging his questions previously. He would soon pull out one of the devices the king used earlier to activate Shade's collar. "What that is is none of your goddamned business," he insisted. "Move. Now."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2237 Posted: 23:23:19 23/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“I don’t want to! What is that machine?!” Shade said as he backed away a little.
---
SC
#2238 Posted: 23:28:01 23/02/2019
The officer, now witnessing Shade's behavior go from reluctance to complete disobedience, lost all patience he had. "Rack," he ordered the device. The collar would soon oblige the command transmitted by the device, and would send out impulses to trigger sharp pain impulses in a vast majority of the cells in Shade's body.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2239 Posted: 23:32:19 23/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade let out a roar of pain and collapsed in pain. “S-stop! M-make it stop!” He was struggling and kicking uncontrollably.
---
SC
#2240 Posted: 23:35:54 23/02/2019
Ilasi wasn't sure of whether Maverick had actually become aware of her unintended eavesdropping or not, but decided to play it safe all the same. As she approached, she started to pet Dahlia instinctively herself. "So, uh... I guess maybe that wasn't the best time you ever had..." she said nervously. "I'm sorry, I thought it would be a lot more fun than... uh, than what it turned out to be. I was trying, though..." Ilasi had sobered up by now, and had none of the alcohol to help her overcome her awkward feelings at the moment.

"Nah, it's alright Ilasi. You were just trying to help me have fun. If I drank more often, my stomach would be more tolerant to alcohol. It's not your fault." Maverick assured warmly, continuing with the grooming, something Dahlia welcomed much. Even though she was wondering why there were so many mixed feelings in this scenario, she was already more interested in getting her oats, something Maberixk soon noticed.
"Hah, attentive with the mention of oats, aren't you Dahlia? Give me a minute Ilasi. The big girl did her calling. I'll feed her this time." the hybrid said after a while, believing Ilasi had fed her enough already. It was his turn. Good thing he did, cause as soon as he took out the oats, Dahlia took his entire arm, along with the shoulder. Luckily as always, Dahlia didn't chomp, and he could pull his arm out very easily.
"Ugh! Dahlia! Not again." Maverick exclaimed, cleaning his very slobbery arm. He looked at Ilasi with a goofy smile, glad that she was saved from this rather scary embarrassment.
---
#2241 Posted: 23:43:43 23/02/2019
The officer gave the order to the device to stop, and the collar would soon comply, releasing Shade from the painful affliction. "You have your orders," he said firmly to Shade. "I don't know if the Ardent Guardians taught you everything your collar is capable of, but I promise you, disobey us again and you will be well on your way to finding out." As he spoke, men opened the large doors on the machine, revealing a compartment big enough for Shade to fit, with enough room to turn around in.

Ilasi gave a spirited laugh, glad that she wasn't the one on the receiving end of Dahlia's prank this time. "Well, she can't help herself that you're so sweet!" she said jokingly. Seeing Dahlia in such a mood made Ilasi want to roll her over and give her a long, fun belly scratch.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2242 Posted: 23:53:20 23/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade stumbled as he got up. He stumbled again in the machine. “W-What are you going to do to me?” He said with a shaky voice.
---
SC
#2243 Posted: 23:56:39 23/02/2019
Ilasi gave a spirited laugh, glad that she wasn't the one on the receiving end of Dahlia's prank this time. "Well, she can't help herself that you're so sweet!" she said jokingly. Seeing Dahlia in such a mood made Ilasi want to roll her over and give her a long, fun belly scratch.

"Not sure if that was a joke. She loves oats so much he can't help herself sometimes. And I promised her a double ration after all, so I guess that's impatience." Maverick stated, still cleaning his arm. It was particularly hard with his hair, whose complex, fur-like structure made practically anything easy to stick.
"I better teach her to control herself or she'll end up eating the both of us." he then added jokingly, seeing how mushy Dahlia became with the belly rub. For a wild animal, she loved the touching, but then again, dirt buffalos were herd animals. They hated being alone, so perhaps that was one of the reasons why Dahlia decided to stay with him. He was so happy that she got along so well with Ilasi so easily.
---
#2244 Posted: 00:29:22 24/02/2019
None of the men answered as they activated the mechanism to close and lock the doors of the machine. As they did so, the inner stone walls of the device began to brighten, the light forming in the pattern of various runes etched into the surface. The entire device vibrated as it appeared to draw on Shade's very power.

"Well, that wouldn't be all that bad, would it?" Ilasi said. "I mean, we would get to have each other's company in there... maybe, if she's feeling generous, she'd even spit us back out." Ilasi was trying to think of how next to bring up what she wanted to talk about.
"You know... Dahlia's a rather good companion to have. Especially for someone who doesn't want to settle down... you wouldn't have to with her. She seems to be fine exploring all sorts of things. I haven't been out of Aelinon a lot of times, but... I wouldn't mind exploring, either."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2245 Posted: 00:40:23 24/02/2019
Maverick raised an eyebrow at the first sentences, finding Ilasi's acceptances of the joke both weird and refreshing. His demeanor changed completely when he heard her say the word settle. It couldn't be a coincidence, could it?
"Well, no better mount than Dahlia. She may be afraid of certain things, but she's loyal. She is the best companion when it comes to a lonely guy... but she can hold... more than one people... better than horses." Maverick stammered, his hair raising and as red as back at the restaurant. With Ilasi bringing that particular word out, he couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of her having overheard what he said earlier. It was just too embarrassing. He felt like burying his head in the ground and never come out...
---
#2246 Posted: 03:42:46 24/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade grunted as it began to draw from his power. “G-Gah! W-what’s happening?” He said feeling the effects. He collapsed from it. “Stop please!”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:16 24/02/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2247 Posted: 03:38:28 25/02/2019
As Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester settled on the day's activities-- the trio of companions could eventually be seen presumably returning from from one of their typical bounty hunts. The hunt in question wasn't anything too out of the originary, or at least not out of originary for recent days. "Another creature, another day-- huh?," Latnok said looking at his two furry companion. Raclaw looked looked at his fellow companion and back up at Latnok; he gave a smile as recalled the events of the hunt. And even though the creature hadn't been anything they could reason with ('something stable' according to Latnok) -- they had done good in the world. The trio continued to walk, not knowing that eyes were watching them...

MEANWHILE...
Quote:
Angora went to the ship, finding to her surprise that the minotaur was right there, taking a break. She has rarely seen him taking breaks, so it was almost as if this was a chance waiting to happen as soon as she arrived. But now that she was there, she was too nervous to initiate a conversation... but she gathered the courage anyway. She did with Latnok, so Risar should be a cinch. Angora went besides him, having walked in a way where the floor would make sounds to avoid surprising the minotaur and let him know someone was there. With lowered ears, she finally broke the ice.
"Troublesome prisoners?" she asked in almost a shaky voice, feeling both nervous and awkward. While she didn't believe Risar hated her, she didn't he liked her exactly either. But whatever insult or belittlement he came up with, it couldn't possibly be worse than that of the Guardians.

"Nothing Risar can't handle--," the large minotaur said looking down at Angora with an raised eyebrow. He briefly glanced at something far off in the distance, something furry/feather looking flying and skidding over the water. It wasn't clear who or what this unknown flying individual was, perhaps some sort of gryphon or pegasis. It was only clear that it wasn't the distinct Raclaw, whose features was well ingrained into the minds of those aboard. And before anyone could get any further idea... the shape was gone with nothing but waves in its place. "I take it you have seen Latnok? He and Raclaw certainly seem to be enjoying their new.. break from the mission.," Risar than said almost seemingly inferring to the new bond; stopping short so as to protect their privacy on the matter. It was uncertain who the Fur Dragon had or hadn't told of the collar claim-- and he wasn't going to do that for him. He had earned that much respect at least and ultimately the choice was his. As he spoke, Risar was seemingly caught in a moment of reflection and thought.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:42:00 25/02/2019 by redwes
#2248 Posted: 04:38:00 25/02/2019
Angora wasn't in the mood to look at the horizon, so she missed the flying creature, believing Risar was only looking at the sea. She felt too awkward with the conversation, but if she ever hoped to have a decent relationship with anybody, especially her superiors, it was moments like these she had to take advantage of.
"Yes. I've seen them. Quite close those two. And the little dog too. But by some miracle, Latnok agreed to have me on the ship, so I'll be working here for a while in the future." Angora stated, kinda suspecting what Risar was implying with the break. She was still disappointed with the collar claim, but that was a subject she didn't want to touch. Instead, she waited for Risar's response, wondering how the minotaur would treat her. Was he going to be surprised that Latnok accepted her? She really wanted to know what the bull man thought about her, since she wasn't entirely convinced he liked her too much. He did gave her permission to work there, but was it out of pity? Or did he thought that Latnok wasn't going to let her in? Whatever the case, she had to know as much about Risar as she could, but above all, know what Risar thought about her. She had no doubts Sere and Latnok created a nasty stain on her image, which she believed would be quite hard to clean.

Quote: redwes
As Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester settled on the day's activities-- the trio of companions could eventually be seen presumably returning from from one of their typical bounty hunts. The hunt in question wasn't anything too out of the originary, or at least not out of originary for recent days. "Another creature, another day-- huh?," Latnok said looking at his two furry companion. Raclaw looked looked at his fellow companion and back up at Latnok; he gave a smile as recalled the events of the hunt. And even though the creature hadn't been anything they could reason with ('something stable' according to Latnok) -- they had done good in the world. The trio continued to walk, not knowing that eyes were watching them...

Latnok's armor was quite noticeable even among the crowd. A certain young lady was already near the bulletin boards, so the armor stood out even more. She knew immediately who, or rather where this man belonged. No doubt it was one of those arrogant, show off Guardians. His armor was similar to that of Sere, whom she saw just a few days ago, but knew it wasn't him. It wasn't strange seeing a Guardian around these parts. What was indeed bizzare was his company. A beagle wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but that winged creature... it was definetly no griffin. It didn't have a beak, and the shape of his wings and tail were quite different. Longing for a better look, the woman approached the trio, adapting her ordinary, innocent demeanor.
"Oh, so it's you sir. I've heard some gossips around the city about the crazy spiders invading some villages that were taken care of. I gather it was you? No other man had a description like yours." Huntress said casually, looking for some conversation. But now that she approached, she could take that long lasting look she desired at the creature besides him. She didn't know what Raclaw was, and she hasn't seen anything like him in the few history and creature books she has read. Whatever this beast was, it couldn't be a dragon, or so she thought. It's appearance was simply too different of those ugly reptiles. Something like this could be the perfect mount for her.
---
#2249 Posted: 10:51:52 25/02/2019
Latnok was just a little bit surprised at the approach of the rather small woman. Many average citizens didn't see Guardians as anything worth having a conversation with, except maybe at a bar. He certainly wasn't expecting recognition for any deed he performed.
"This is he," Latnok answered. "Just doing the job I'm trained to do. Though from my knowledge, it would seem that this whole thing is a ploy by Silvianesti. Regardless of whatever disputes the two nations have, I wish they'd keep civilians out of it. Failing that, we have to do what we can to keep people safe." Latnok was very much cognizant of the woman seemingly sizing up Raclaw - he didn't particularly think anything of it, however. Raclaw was an unusual creature.

Maverick's face reddening caused Ilasi herself to start blushing. Perhaps she reflected on his own words a little too well. "Well, uh..." she managed to get out, as she was no longer able to keep eye contact. "I... I didn't get much... but it seems you don't want to settle someplace? We... well, uh, you don't have to... uh, you can just keep going, you know? I don't need a home either... well, uh, what I mean is, uh, I don't need one place to stay forever..." Ilasi wished she could've just quit talking while she was ahead, but everything she said seemed to dig herself deeper.

Eventually, the machine would stop, and go dark as it was previously - with the exception of a slight glow from the runes. Soon after, the door mechanisms would activate, opening the machine. Soldiers on either side of the pathway leading out urged Shade to evacuate the device.
"Let's get a move-on," the captain said to Shade. "Eat up. Double rations. You will finish your food. That's not an option."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2250 Posted: 14:22:55 25/02/2019
Even though Maverick was clueless about many things, he strongly believed that wasn't the settlement Ilasi was talking about. If she heard that particular word, it meant that she heard the rest that followed, which only made him feel even more ashamed. But still, he followed this line of conversation for now.
"I couldn't put you through that Ilasi. You have seen how my life is. Even the Guardians don't like me. I really tried to be a better person when I was given that second chance, but the opportunity always seems to elude me. I sometimes disappoint you greatly and I don't even realize it. I'm not good with people... especially..." Maverick paused, needing to finish the sentence despite the embarrassment.
"... not even... women. I... I did thought it was my father's influence that scared them away, but I guess it was only me." he finished with an intense deppresion, certain that Ilasi overheard what he was trusting to Dahlia earlier. While he did believed it would be amazing to have a girl with more than a friendship, but he didn't believe that was a blessing he could have.

Latnok was just a little bit surprised at the approach of the rather small woman. Many average citizens didn't see Guardians as anything worth having a conversation with, except maybe at a bar. He certainly wasn't expecting recognition for any deed he performed.
"This is he," Latnok answered. "Just doing the job I'm trained to do. Though from my knowledge, it would seem that this whole thing is a ploy by Silvianesti. Regardless of whatever disputes the two nations have, I wish they'd keep civilians out of it. Failing that, we have to do what we can to keep people safe." Latnok was very much cognizant of the woman seemingly sizing up Raclaw - he didn't particularly think anything of it, however. Raclaw was an unusual creature.

Huntress decided to stop eyeing Raclaw, realizing she was being less than discrete in her interest in him. Her interest perked up more when she heard Latnok talking about the Silvianesti.
"A Silvianesti ploy? Yeah, not surprised about that. Those elves are truly dastard in their objectives. But like with every war, the ones who pay are the ones who have nothing to do with the conflict." Huntress stated, knowing too extremely well about that. Since Latnok seemed to know about the Silvianesti, she believed this was the perfect opportunity to learn more about the elves. She wasn't too fond of the Guardians, but she could interact with them very well when the occasion required it.
"So, anything else you learn about those nasty Silvianesti? Everywhere I go people talk about them, and the attack on the duke in the arena. And now the crier's latest news have everyone in an uproar." Huntress then asked, acting like it was simple curiosity rather than thorough research. She had an important mission tomorrow, so she wanted to learn about the Silvianesti as much as she could before focusing on her other task.
---
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me