Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2201 Posted: 14:26:30 02/10/2018
Veris whimpered and frowned, but withdrew. It would seem that nothing major was going to happen in his own tonight, and he would just sit here until Sere had enough free time to visit him. Sere himself had been occupied the whole day, tending to many matters of the ship; he was getting some sleep, and he had to relieve Leoquin on navigating duty tonight.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2202 Posted: 16:01:02 02/10/2018
Even though Angora couldn't understand him right now like other times, she could still read his body language very well.
"Bored AND hungry boy? Heh, it figures. Look, I'm awake now, so I can spend some time with you. I can get you some food from the kitchen if you promise me you will leave the dirt buffalo alone. Oh, and before I forget, when I bring you the food, will you please wait until I let go of it? Yesterday you almost bit my arms off!" Angora scolded, feeding Veris having become quite a dangerous task. She didn't know if the ocassion was Veris feeling nervous, playful, or just plain gluttonous, but it was quite the scare for Angora. Still, despite everything, she still felt good around the wyvern, even if his only interest was to get his belly filled.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2203 Posted: 18:03:14 02/10/2018
Veris gave a grin and nodded - showing his comprehension of Angora's offer. Calmed down for now, he laid back down, trying very hard to ignore the dirt buffalo which he just learned he couldn't eat. At least he was getting more food - whether it would be a suitable replacement for the dirt buffalo, however, remained to be seen. He remembered what Raclaw said about rationing...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2204 Posted: 19:19:16 02/10/2018
Angora left the enclosure and went to the kitchen as fast as she could, not trusting Veris very much in resisting his urges. She knew how fond Maverick was of that animal, and knew as well how heartbrokenly devastated he would be to discover the mount he tried so hard to domesticate and befriend was killed under one of Veris' many gluttonous urges. Whatever sailor placed them so close together deserved a beating. Angora knew she would have to move Dahlia from there eventually to make Veris avoid the temptations. But in the meantime, it was important to feed him, even if it wasn't time for his scheduled meal yet.

Angora went to the storage where all the meat was kept, and picked three steaks twice her size, zebu meat she believed. Three steaks were almost nothing compare to Dahlia, but the greedy wyvern had to learn that not everything was about food and hunt. They were in a ship and their food was limited. She carried the three steaks over her head with relative ease and headed to the wyvern's enclosure.
"Here I come! Now please just stand still until I let go!" Angora pleaded, wanting to warn him instead of taking him like surprised like yesterday, which she believed made him too eager to feed...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:36 02/10/2018 by Felines
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2205 Posted: 20:09:38 02/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: redwes
"You had nightmares-- nearly destroyed a few barrels.," Risar said eying the now awake Dragolet and the deep scratches that now marked part of the deck.

Shade grunted and simply layed down. He gave a slight nod.
---
SC
#2206 Posted: 20:17:32 02/10/2018
Veris waited patiently, as Angora requested, licking his lips as he eyed the meat. As soon as Angora was some space away, he lunged at the meat, as if he were attacking a living animal. As expected by now, soon there was no trace of the meat ever existing.
That done, Veris looked at Angora with anticipation. What did she plan now?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2207 Posted: 20:31:37 02/10/2018
Angora slowly shook her head as he ate, knowing his eager voracity was something that was never going to change. When he ended his meal, Angora decided to sit in a corner of his enclosure to keep him company.
"Alright you greedy beast. It's obvious that the two of us are done sleeping, so I'll stay with you for a little while. We can do whatever you want, even play a game. We have at least an hour before morning, and I have no doubts I will be put to work. Until then, I'll just stay here with you. I know you probably don't like me anymore for what your master says about me, and I know you cared more about food than me from the beginning... but, I still like you. You still helped me a lot back in those caves and I'm grateful." Angora lectured, still enjoying Veris' company despite everything that has happened. But another reason was to keep an eye on the wyvern and distract him to calm the nervous Dahlia. She knew dragons preyed on ruminants like her, so it was no mystery why she was so terrified.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:35 02/10/2018 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2208 Posted: 20:49:52 02/10/2018
Meanwhile...
Quote: A Guy
Latnok observed Raclaw as he donned the artifact in the new configuration. It was a similar idea to what galuds did, using the tail as another place to wield a weapon. Overall, Latnok felt that this looked more natural.
"Yeah, that doesn't look too bad," Latnok said. "Try a few practice strikes with it. See how it goes." Then he had a pretty interesting idea...
"Hey, so what happens if you stick that in someone, and then expand it?" If it went like Latnok was thinking, it could be an extremely deadly maneuver.

Raclaw took a few practice swings-- using an old practice dummy they managed to find. Even though he normally didn't his tail for combat, on account of not having any natural weapons there, it felt very... natural almost like it was there all along. The artifact, thanks to its magical properties and internal ring structure, felt very light-- and despite the fact that its two new 'spikes' appeared very solid and acted as such on the target. Upon Latnok's suggestion, he struck the dummy again only time he didn't immediately remove his now 'spiked' tail from the insertion. Instead, he focused on the artifact and imagining it expanding within his mind.

The artifact acted accordingly, only his thoughts went to something a tad more deadlier than what Latnok had been imagining. Rather than simply expand the overall shape and turn the inner 'band' into a bigger band-- he opted to expand the spikes themselves and add two more in the process. While the inner band retained its tight form over his otherwise harmless tail, the same couldn't be said for the initial two spikes-- which expanded and dug a even deeper groove into the poor dummy. Two more spikes formed over the bare sides and did identical damage. Despite whatever material they had been made it, it was obvious that the spikes could prove to be very sharp-- and very deadly. Upon removing his tail from the insertion and looking back to inspect what he had created, a large gaping hole could be seen where part of the dummy's chest once stood.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#2209 Posted: 20:58:43 02/10/2018
Latnok smiled as Raclaw not only took his suggestion, but - in more ways than one - expanded on it. The result was truly worthy to behold; most creatures wouldn't survive taking such a wound. "Perfect," he said. "Just as I expected. You know, I really don't see you as much of a killer; good to know you have another tool to fight when you have to, though." Latnok grabbed the dummy; though fixing it up would be annoying, there was probably someone on the ship he could pass the task to. "Well, any other ideas?"

Veris listened to Angora; as she finished, he shook his head vehemently, before bringing his head down to her and frowning. He wasn't done just yet, however; he then wrapped a wing around Angora and brought her in. He was trying to emulate a hug; his anatomy, however, made it somewhat difficult.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2210 Posted: 21:30:50 02/10/2018
Raclaw was about to say something, when Damon instead spoke over the links. "I believe we found the perfect configuration. I will say that I didn't initially envision him using his tail as a weapon, but it does prove to be very... effective.," Damon started to say as Chester watched the whole scene in amazement. "It's worth noting that the artifact can anything... say a cuff to drag someone along or even additional protection.," Damon then said with the artifact changing accordingly independent of Raclaw's own thoughts. Upon Damon's first idea, the spikes recessed back into the band and a arm-sized loop or ring formed in their place. And immediately upon the second suggestion, the 'cuff' recessed and the band expanded to include the later half of his tail-- almost appearing like that of armor. "Well Damon-- that's... that's impressive I have to say.," Raclaw said over the links as he inspected what his entity had created in his name. To him, at least, it was evident that both he and Damon had control over the artifact-- or possibly because of Damon.
---
#2211 Posted: 21:32:23 02/10/2018
Maverick slept for most of the night, but around the time Angora stayed with Veris, he started to dream about Ilasi. She was with Leoquin, and they were starting a relationship. Since Maverick broke her heart too many times and disliked the fact that he was a pirate, she convinced Sere and Latnok to cast him and Angora away, leaving them marooned on a desert island while Shade was left with them to do whatever they pleased. He woke up just as he tried to swim after the ship, and put his hands over his eyes.
"Get a grip Maverick. Ilasi would never do something like that, no matter how upset she is." he said to himself, feeling extremely guilty for dreaming something so horrible about her. Ilasi has assured him that she didn't hate him, but he still believed she still held some resentment towards him nevertheless. She has also made it clear that she doesn't exactly approves his and Angora's friendship, so he wasn't sure what to do. He wanted to at least befriend Ilasi, but he still had too many doubts. Looking that it was still night, he resumed his sleep.

Veris listened to Angora; as she finished, he shook his head vehemently, before bringing his head down to her and frowning. He wasn't done just yet, however; he then wrapped a wing around Angora and brought her in. He was trying to emulate a hug; his anatomy, however, made it somewhat difficult.

The tiny troll let the wyvern did as he pleased, although she didn't know if the creature was trying to be affectionate or playful.
"Ok, so then, just stay here? If that's all you want, it's alright..." she said rather but not nervous, although glad he wasn't particularly playful. Such activity could be dangerous with his and her size. Even so, Angora was glad for this moment. She had really missed these quality time with the wyvern, although she wished she could understand him on her own. She still believed Veris affection was due to the fact that she was her provider at the moment, but even if it was a lie, she liked to think the wyvern still cared for her for being her and not because of some interest or motive.
---
#2212 Posted: 21:59:31 02/10/2018
"A tool to adapt to any situation... I have a feeling that might be quite useful down the line," Latnok said. "I'm glad we got that thing. Worth every scale, I'd say. Now, I should probably get some sleep, I've been up long enough." Latnok wasn't quite sure how the artifact control worked - whether it was intuitive or took dedicated effort - but, considering they managed to make the artifact work, Latnok was leaning toward the former.

Veris brought himself down, and gave Angora a solid lick. Bringing himself down, he then lowered his head to the ground, and closed his eyes. Soon, the sound of light snoring could be heard from him, with him seemingly satisfied with the night's events.

Leoquin, as he used a sextant to measure angles, also observed the others on the deck. Latnok was doing something with his pet dragon, Maverick had some sort of talk with Ilasi... otherwise, nothing much seemed to happen. He didn't at all care for that beast, Shade; however, considering what he knew of the reasons why Shade was on the voyage, he realized that the Guardians didn't have much choice, and he was a burden they would have to live with. That didn't mean that he would have to treat the creature nicely, however. And that human and troll... what was their deal? He didn't know much, except that they had a history of backstabbing, and they sympathized with the beast. Something to keep an eye out for...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2213 Posted: 22:10:10 02/10/2018
"Agreed-- and same. Chester, we should probably get some sleep as well.," Raclaw said with a nod and motioning for the Beagle to follow. There weren't that many hours left 'till daylight and Risar was already asleep; after instructing one of the crew members to keep an Shade and to wake the Dragolet if he got too destructive in his sleep. The artifact, meanwhile, reverted to that of a seamless band, disguising its true features to those that were unexpecting.
---
#2214 Posted: 22:26:08 02/10/2018
After the dream, Maverick managed to sleep much better for what was left of the night. The little window in the room soon welcomed the first rays of the sun, which worked like am alarm clock for the hybrid man. Maverick got up to greet Angora, but she wasn't on the top bunk. Did she started to work early? Maverick was a bit worried,mbut tried not to think of it too much, knowing she was smart enough to avoid trouble in a place like this. Despite the interrupted night, Maverick felt like he was ready to tackle the day, so after breathing in some fresh air from the window and doing a few push-ups, he went to the kitchen to get a hearty breakfast. He returned to his room just in case Sere or Latnok went to search for him, but as he wanted, he enjoyed the pleasant light of the sun coming from the window and the calming waves from the ocean. He hated his last pirate life, but now he realized that he did miss the ocean and the adventures it brought.

Veris brought himself down, and gave Angora a solid lick. Bringing himself down, he then lowered his head to the ground, and closed his eyes. Soon, the sound of light snoring could be heard from him, with him seemingly satisfied with the night's events.

Angora didn't struggle, but his licks were quite annoying to her. Still, she said he could do whatever he wanted, so she had to tolerate it. She then got a bit flustered when Veris dropped his head and went to sleep as if nothing happened, grasping her with his wing. Even though she could get out after some very little struggle, she believed that her being there made him somewhat comfortable, like a toy or a security blanket, so after a while, Angora decided to please him this once. Did Godfather Sere, who was his owner, ever did this with his wyvern? She has seen him and Latnok bringing Veris his food, and the old Guardian did groomed him from time to time, but that was out of necessity. Did he ever stayed with Veris and kept him company, told him stories and offered to play with him? From Angora's point of view, Sere saw Veris as nothing more than a mount and a weapon, sort of like the Aelinonians viewed the behemoths. But just like with those beasts, Veris didn't seem to mind this treatment, which made Angora quite disappointed how so many animals like him were treated and domesticated for a dastard purpose rather than friendship and companionship, and the animals not minding it one bit due to caring only about the provided resources. It was a sad notion. But at least she would be there for Veris when she can, and do stuff his owner isn't doing. Despite being annoyed by the snores, Angora soon found herself sleeping alongside the wyvern for the remaining of the night.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:41 02/10/2018 by Felines
#2215 Posted: 23:13:54 02/10/2018
Sere, meanwhile, was already up. He had relieved Leoquin some time in the night, taking over for the navigation. Much to his liking, everything before then had been on target. He was already looking to the days ahead; there would be an island where the ship would be able to restock on supplies before continuing.
For now, though, he had many other things to attend to, with most of the crew waking up; it was time for someone else to take over for the navigating. Passing by sailors here and there, many of which greeted him, he entered the ship , headed down to the rooms, and found Maverick's door. Not caring too much about Maverick's state of readiness, he knocked loudly on the door several times. "Maverick. Navigation duty. Be on deck. Meet me. Don't make me come find you."

Latnok woke up; he was rather tired, from not sleeping as much as he should have, but he would make it up in the day when there was nothing for him to do. He put his armor on, like he did every morning; he was so comfortable in it, it felt unnatural to not walk around while wearing it. Wishing to check on the current workload, he headed off to the deck.
Of course, there were sailors working on various things; all earning the money they were being paid. Also up, notably, was Ilasi. With the help of some sailors, she was getting water on deck; using the magic she had been training in, she began the process of desalinating the water, which would presumably be followed by purifying it.
"Up and at it already, I see," Latnok said.
"Oh, hello Mr- I'm sorry, Latnok!" Ilasi was slightly flustered - calling him without any sort of honorific would take some getting used to. "It's an opportunity to practice my magic - so I take it. I'll never develop myself just lying down."
"Wonderful. That's the attitude I like to hear. Say, I wish Angora had your spirit... if it's uncomfortable for her, however, she doesn't want to waste her time with it unless it has something to do with Maverick or Shade."
Ilasi could only think about her conversation with Maverick; how it seemed that he existed only for Angora at this point. There was seemingly no helping it, however...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2216 Posted: 23:45:07 02/10/2018
"Alright señor Sere. Give me a minute." Maverick said calmly as he finished up his breakfast, rather proud to know that Sere was quite predictable. He knew he was going to come to his room sooner or later. He was surprised though that he would trust him enough to work with something as important as navigation. It really seemed like he took his sailing skills seriously. So done with his breakfast, Maverick came out and followed Sere to the deck. He felt a bit upset about Sere's rashness, but knew that with the current circumstances, it couldn't be helped, so Maverick concentrated on doing a good job and forget about the rest...

Meanwhile, Angora was still sleeping with Veris, not bothered by his snores or heavy breathing. It wasn't until Dahlia's continuous thumps resumed that she finally woke up.
"Ugh... what... what time it is?" she asked to herself, unable to tell the time from Veris' enclosure. There were no windows or anything that could look at the sky. Not wanting to risk getting up late, she carefully slipped away from Veris' grasp, hoping he wouldn't wake. She wanted to move Dahlia out of that enclosure, but she figured she would need Sere's permission to do it. Despite hating the idea, she made her way to the deck, seeing that it was already morning and many had woken up. She was hungry,mbut breakfast would have to wait. Moving Dahlia was the most important issue right now...
---
#2217 Posted: 23:57:54 02/10/2018
Meanwhile, Raclaw was waking up as well. He and Chester had been provided their own room-- on account of having to slightly modify it for their needs. It wasn't too far away from the Guardians' rooms and although it didn't quite compare to what that fancy pet hotel had offered, it was comfortable enough and he had no complaints. As he was gently awoken by the sunlight that shined through the window, he slowly got up-- still somewhat tired as well but not completely dead ether. Chester was already awake, having been provided his own little bed, and was eagerly awaiting to start the day.

"I'm up-- I'm up.," Raclaw said with a slight smile at the excited Chester. The now seamless artifact remained firmly in place towards the tip of his tail and although he wasn't entirely used to wearing it, it was light enough that he barely noticed it. Elsewhere on the ship, Risar was getting up as well-- donning his usual armor and slotting the two great axes on his back. Like Latnok, he was very much used to wearing the armor as well as carrying the weight of the two large heavy weapons.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:20 03/10/2018 by redwes
#2218 Posted: 00:45:07 03/10/2018
As Sere waited, Leoquin awoke, a bit later than he intended to - he was given a bit of leeway, however, on account of him having to run the navigation for part of the night. Leoquin made his way on deck, looking for Sere as well. On his way, he happened upon Ilasi, now purifying the water she desalinated soon after Latnok left her to get a briefing from Sere.
"Good morning, Ilasi," Leoquin greeted. "Hard at work already!"
"I try to do what I can," Ilasi said. "I have to earn my pay as much as anyone else aboard this ship."
"You want to know who's not getting paid? Probably that hairy man and his troll. Just here for the ride - I'm glad they're being put to work."
Ilasi didn't quite know how to respond. On one hand, the way Leoquin put the statement was quite unpleasant. On the other hand, she herself would expect anyone who came on the ship to be put to work, especially if they asked vehemently to get on.
"Well, I'm sure there's enough in it for them," she ended up saying. "How was the navigation last night?"
"Nothing special. Waters are still relatively calm. Low winds. The boss is having us move to an island for some supplies, quite a ways out. Usually, that means a break for at least a day. How's your work been going?"
"Well... it's going. Latnok has taught me a new spell. Besides that, I've been doing what I can here and there."
Leoquin considered asking Ilasi about her conversation about Maverick... and decided to go with it. "So you and Maverick had a chat last night?"
"Oh - nothing big," Ilasi assured, somewhat taken aback by the question. "He was looking at the stars, so was I. Just small talk." Ilasi, already familiar with how much Leoquin detested the trio, was careful not to antagonize Leoquin.
"I'm surprised he's out there looking at them," Leoquin said. "Shouldn't be anything special for a navigator. We use them all the time."
"I'm sorry to ask, but... is it something like divination?" Ilasi, despite having worked on ships before, never really did understand exactly what went into navigation - all she knew was that it often involved charts and some measuring tools.
"Oh, nothing quite the sort. Maybe I'll show you when we have some free time," Leoquin said.
"I would really appreciate that."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2219 Posted: 01:12:50 03/10/2018
As he went to the deck, Maverick watched as Ilasi and Leoquin talked again, just like with his nightmare. They really looked like they enjoyed spending time together. It made him very sad how he messed up with Ilasi and how she seemed to like the company of someone that really hated him and his family. Nevertheless, he ignored the talking duo with some gloominess and went with Sere to the observation deck, where he awaited his orders. He didn't know if he was going to take control of the steering wheel or if he was simply going to help with the directions, but he nevertheless awaited his orders patiently. He could sense Sere's tension and antagonism toward him and his family, but it was nothing compared with what he had to live through on his father's ship, so this was easily tolerable.

As he awaited his orders, Angora entered the scene, and got very discouraged when she saw not Sere, but him. Just what was going on? Angora didn't want to send Maverick away so she might as well talk so he would know what was going on.
"Excuse me Mr. Sere, but I request your permission to move Maverick's dirt buffalo from her current enclosure. Seems like the sailor who moved her made a mistake and placed her dangerously close to Veris." Angora asked politely and without any signs of rudeness, knowing she couldn't afford any more of her sass and bitterness. She left Sere to imply the rest, as Maverick was already doing. He got extremely worried for his land mount...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:45 03/10/2018 by Felines
#2220 Posted: 01:27:30 03/10/2018
Sere couldn't help but wonder why someone would keep a creature like that near Veris. "Go ahead. Move that creature somewhere Veris won't be able to see or otherwise detect it. As for you, Maverick, you are taking over for navigation for now. I have notes of my last observations and our current location here. Guide the man at the wheel as needed. We will be moving to this unnamed island right here." Sere pointed at the map he used for navigation. "It's a ways off, but it will give us a chance to resupply. Angora, once you're done with that, you are to serve food and drink to the sailors. Latnok, you have your usual orders, acting on my behalf. You all have your orders now. Fulfill them." Sere left to head back into his room - he had some plans to draft, and many other things to consider.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2221 Posted: 01:46:43 03/10/2018
By that time-- Raclaw was fully awake, tiredness aside, and had proceeded to make his way towards the main deck. As he passed by sailors, most of them disregarded him having simply assumed him to be a pet and carried on with their day. Some found it odd how the little Beagle always stuck to him, but figured that Chester was a pet to a pet-- albeit one to an intelligent one that could speak and could at least function independently from that of Latnok. All this was very clear to Raclaw, to whom the crew's surface thoughts came very easily to him. Not many seemed to notice or care about the new artifact as he and Chester stepped out onto the main deck. Meanwhile, Risar had gotten ready and was already on the main deck helping out with something while some of men were still making their way to their shift.
---
#2222 Posted: 01:47:25 03/10/2018
Sere couldn't help but wonder why someone would keep a creature like that near Veris. "Go ahead. Move that creature somewhere Veris won't be able to see or otherwise detect it. As for you, Maverick, you are taking over for navigation for now. I have notes of my last observations and our current location here. Guide the man at the wheel as needed. We will be moving to this unnamed island right here." Sere pointed at the map he used for navigation. "It's a ways off, but it will give us a chance to resupply. Angora, once you're done with that, you are to serve food and drink to the sailors. Latnok, you have your usual orders, acting on my behalf. You all have your orders now. Fulfill them." Sere left to head back into his room - he had some plans to draft, and many other things to consider.

"Understood, and gracias señor Sere." Maverick said gratefully, getting to work right away and relieved that Dahlia would be safe. He didn't think of Veris as a wild animal, but he did know his hunting instincts and hunger was quite strong. Angora didn't know if it was a distraction or a genuine act of malice, but the sailor that moved Dahlia made a near fatal mistake. She almost expected Sere to say no and let the dirt buffalo to her fate, so she was quite glad the old Guardian was reasonably humane this time.

While Maverick studied the map thoroughly, Angora returned to the room where Dahlia was kept. Before doing so, she went to check Veris enclosure to make sure he was still asleep. Luckily, he was, so Angora went to Dahlia and began to move her, the dirt buffalo became very restless and jumpy when they arrived to the hallway where Veris was kept.
"Easy. Easy girl! Shush!" Angora whispered to the terrified animal, afraid that all the thumping would wake Veris up.
"Shh. Easy does it. Come on." Angora said gently to Dahlia as she rode and petted her, trying to keep her calm. It wasn't easy moving her through those hallways. She had to find another place where to keep her, perhaps way below, but she then remembered there wasn't much there, and the space was cramped and dark. She then settled for putting her in the room next to her and Maverick, which was empty. The now equally nervous troll would usually look behind her to make sure Veris was still asleep and not following them, and so far so good...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:51 03/10/2018 by Felines
#2223 Posted: 04:09:57 03/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade had woken up as well. He came to Latnok and gently nosed him. He was indicating about the silent spell.
---
SC
#2224 Posted: 09:35:04 03/10/2018
It didn't take much for Latnok to figure out what Shade meant. "Yeah, that. Collar, unsilence." The collar ceased its blocking of Shade's communication. "I don't care what the circumstance, don't let me hear about you disrespecting another member of this crew again," he said. "You need to be respectful, obedient, and cooperative if you're to avoid getting killed. The next time you do something like that, I will keep the silence on for a longer time."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2225 Posted: 09:44:36 03/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade simply nodded. “But I won’t hesitate to say something if said person disrespects me.” He then walked away. He wanted to avoid this as much as possible.
---
SC
#2226 Posted: 09:58:42 03/10/2018
As Raclaw and Chester stepped outside, the fur dragon quickly scanned the upper deck to get an idea who was currently up and about. There was Shade of course, who seemed to 'talking' to Latnok-- no doubt about the previously enacted silence spell. 'I'm glad I don't ever have to deal with that.,' he thought to himself. Chester followed Raclaw's glance and knew enough about Raclaw to get an idea of what his furry pal was thinking. "You didn't ever have to deal with that, did you?," Chester barked looking up at the collared fur dragon. "No-- his collar is a different model and contains many more commands than mine ever had.," Raclaw responded in dogspeak before scanning the rest of the deck. Just then, he felt something on the tip of his snout and the sky started to gradually darken. "Did.. did you feel that?," Raclaw asked as both he and Chester began to feel the drops. And just than-- it started to rain. "Well-- that's just great.," he said in common looking up at the now very dark sky and the now numerous droplets of water that were pouring on the poor duo. As it started to rain, his senses greated expanded as well-- quickly giving him an idea of who exactly was currently up on deck. He gave a deep sigh as Chester began to look a little worried. "That's-- that's fantastic.," Raclaw said again as Chester whined.
---
#2227 Posted: 10:29:23 03/10/2018
Shade's words infuriated Latnok, and he wasn't just going to let Shade walk away after saying that. If you're going to deliberately disobey me, then I promise you, you will find out just how much that collar can do," he said. "And I promise you, it will be less than enjoyable." With that, he was now focused on the matter of the rain. "I'll get my helmet..." The helmet would cover him from the rainwater.
"From the wind and the clouds, I don't predict this lasting too long," Sere said. He could always use a second opinion, however. "Ilasi! Over here!" Ilasi obediently came over to Sere's side, seemingly much happier as a result of the water. "What do you make of this weather?"
"Well, sir, I've already taken the liberty of divining as much as I could," Ilasi said. "The rain and wind are bound to get very heavy very soon, but should end by the early afternoon."
"Excellent. Thank you, Ilasi. "Raclaw, find Risar and have him direct men in battening down what we can. Latnok, you will continue to oversee ship operations in these conditions."
"Consider it done," Latnok said.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2228 Posted: 12:49:05 03/10/2018
By this time, Angora managed to send Dahlia to the room next to her and Maverick without any more trouble. Finally, the dirt buffalo was safe. Even though it was the same part of the hull as the wyvern, at least it was further apart. Angora knew she had to feed the smelly sailors again, but first, she returned to Dahlia's original enclosure to collect some of the hay that was left for her.
"This should do girl. I'll return later with more." Angora said to the buffalo, hoping the hay she brought would be enough for now. She didn't want to risk Sere scolding her for taking too long with the food and drinks. With the buffalo moved, Angora then went to the kitchen with a tray bigger than the one from yesterday. After finishing with the food and the cups to put the drinks in, she went to the cellar and collected a few bottles of wine, a different kind from yesterday. There were other drinks like tequila and rum, but she knew it was a bad idea having a bunch of drunken sailors not doing the jobs well. Everything settled, Angora went to the deck and began to distribute the food and drinks, maintaining a neutral face.

Meanwhile, Maverick concentrated on the navigation. He already checked the ship's equipment yesterday and everything was fine. He studied the map carefully, took out his compass and would sometimes make a few notes.
"Alright señor. At this velocity, we should be arriving to the island later this night. Also, I recommend you go a little bit to starboard. There is a barrier reef a few miles from here that could damage the ship." Maverick suggested to the sailor currently managing the steering wheel, although he didn't think he would listen much. According to the map, there was a dark spot near the island where they were suppose to dock, which usually meant deep waters, but the extra details in the map plus the waves usually indicated reefs.
---
#2229 Posted: 13:14:12 03/10/2018
The sailor, though he probably wouldn't give Maverick any sort of respect, listened, as Sere was telling him to navigate. "Adjusting course," he said tersely, as he turned the wheel slightly to the right.
In the meantime, Latnok was seeking to prepare for the storm as best he could. Others were already securing materials on the deck which couldn't be brought inside. The boarding vessels would have to be secured and covered appropriately; those had to be ready to use at all times.
Storms weren't the only hardship the ship was prepared for; Sere also ensured its combat readiness. In addition to the boarding vessels, there were also many weapons, including a compound whicb produced fire that couldn't be put out by water, and many defenses, such as the many towers, and lightning rods to protect against both storms and lightning spells. The ship had multiple armories to facilitate the quick arming of the crew. Overall, Latnok was quite confident in the ship's ability to handle most situations - most known threats, anyway.

Leoquin, in the meanwhile, happened upon Angora. "Hey, shark bait, when you're done with that, the lower decks need cleaning," he ordered, more to keep her busy than for actually being concerned about their cleanliness. Inside the ship, meanwhile, Veris was nervously pacing and shifting; though he couldn't see the weather, he could feel it, and it distressed him.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2230 Posted: 13:31:29 03/10/2018
Maverick didn't found it nice the way the sailor treated him, but at least he listened to his advice. As he turned the steering wheel, that's when he began to feel the wind. He looked carefully at the sky, and felt the cold wind moving his growing arm hair and new mullet.
"Tropical depression... it shouldn't be too hard to handle." Maverick said, having experienced so many storms in his life that he knew to identify them long before they actually entered them. Tropical storms and hurricanes were usually the issue, but even they could be handled if the ship could be navigated appropriately.

Leoquin, in the meanwhile, happened upon Angora. "Hey, shark bait, when you're done with that, the lower decks need cleaning," he ordered, more to keep her busy than for actually being concerned about their cleanliness. Inside the ship, meanwhile, Veris was nervously pacing and shifting; though he couldn't see the weather, he could feel it, and it distressed him.

Angora glared at Leoquin with much hatred, but decided not to say anything. He knew this jerk was favorited by Sere, so she had to learn to tolerate this mermen and his bossiness complex.
"Yes... sir." she said as politely as possible, offering the food and drinks from the tray, although if it was up to her, she would hit this bullying punk in the face with said tray and leave him to feed from the floor, but thankfully, Angora was learning to control her impulses.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2231 Posted: 15:35:50 03/10/2018
Dex and Sapphire had been using their time working. Some jobs came from the guardians, but there was not too much to do. So the two had started to take Jobs from the league Sapphire now also being a member. They had been very successful, Sapphire being able to help with stuff Dex had normally hard times to deal with. Something had chance in him though. Sapphire did not want to take just any Jobs that where Well paid. She wanted that they only take the jobs where they steal from or kill somebody that they think deserves it. At first Dex was against it, but Sapphire had learned How to get Dexes good side come out and so he agreed. Even though that meant they did not take every job they where offered, their reputation in the underworld was growing because of their clean and effective way of doing things. Even some guards where now talking about the poison assassin having a partner, of course nobody again have any idea that they where foxes. There was two names from them now, one was used by those who thought they where just normal assassins "The deadly shadows", the name was ofcourse because nobody ever saw anything when these two did their attacks. But there was also another side, that started to see them as heroes. Because of Sapphire making Most of the calls should they take The job or not her kind heart said no to everything She thought as wrong, and also she wanted to take Jobs where there was nothing really in for them like "Somebody poor not able to pay with anything other then with a family heirloom and returning it." Because of this actions they had another name "Silent judgement" used especially by the poor they where defending and helping from the shadows. This was not something Dex really felt good about, but it made Sapphire very happy, and if something Dex knew he wanted Sapphire to be happy. Dex was still not understanding the concept of love, but Sapphire knew very Well How he felt and She was very happy to return his feelings, and ofcourse sometimes tease Dex about the fact How hard it was for him to show his feelings.

They where now on their way to the only meeting of the League of assassins in a year. The only time these individuals came to gether was a meeting once a year. In there was two big events. First was the rankings, the top 10 individuals the year. It was important because of the fame that came with being in the top 10, and ofcourse it usually meant more money from Jobs and some special treatment by the leagues workers. The other one was voting for the leader and vice leaders of the league. It was a very important voting because these three individuals where the ones who would choose the workers working for the league and ofcourse where in at the head of organisation. Those chosen where Well paid, because when holding those positions they could not do any other Jobs. Top 10 was also important because everybody ranked would get an extra vote number 1 getting 10 extra, when a normal member just had one.

Dex and Sapphire had their own carriage to take them to the meeting, mostly because Dex was number three last year even after the raid of his old hide out.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2232 Posted: 15:52:35 03/10/2018
With most of the delegation done, Latnok had some time to spend, in the inclement weather. Ilasi was a mermaid; she would probably quite enjoy this weather. A bit of outdoor magic training, then, probably wouldn't be too bad.
"Hey, Ilasi!" Latnok called. Ilasi, in a rather good mood, came over. "What do you need from me, Latnok?"
"We're going to be doing some more magic training. I'm going to teach you a spell which may come in handy; Personal Silence. It protects you from sounds made by the target. Unlike a more general silencing spell, this affects you, not the target, so your target won't be able to block it. It's mainly designed for use against creatures with powerful sounds, such as banshees, but... I've found some other uses."
"Well, I don't believe knowing something like that could hurt," Ilasi said. "Is Angora coming?"
Latnok thought about it. As much as he would want to teach Angora some more magic, she didn't really care for it much from the looks of it. That wouldn't do at all; he decided that it probably wouldn't be worth his time. Not yet, anyway. He had a better idea...
"No, not today. Maybe some other time, when she feels like it."

Later, Leoquin, seeking Angora out, found her without too much effort, knowing what she would be working on. "Mr. Latnok told me to manage you for the day," he said with a smile. "When you're done with that, you can start asking the sailors for their dirty clothing, and you can wash them all - individually, we don't want the clothing to get mixed now. I will probably have something else for you when you're done with that."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2233 Posted: 16:17:05 03/10/2018
"Yes... sir!" Angora said as she turned around to keep distributing the tray, between gritted teeth now that she had her back to him. If this keeps up, Angora knew she was going to hate Leoquin more than Latnok, and that in itself was an accomplishment. She knew she couldn't say or do much to the mermen, knowing he would just tell on her like a little boy whose toy was stolen. While Maverick had a bit of a more o,easing job, Angora was stuck with Leoquin and his harsh jobs. She had to tolerate the abuse for as long as she could. All she could think about was how Maverick fared far worse than this in his father's ship, so if someone like him could tolerate this sort of crap, Angora was determined to do the same. She continued with the tray until everyone was fed...
---
#2234 Posted: 16:39:22 03/10/2018
As the rain got predictably worse as according to Ilas, Raclaw had managed to quickly find Risar who was helping lift something heavy at the time of the sudden downpour. The now soaked fur dragon relayed Godfather Sere's orders-- with the artifact taking the form of tail armor and the little Chester staying as dry as possible underneath Raclaw. At least the two furry friends wouldn't be completely soaked, although the two were clearly unhappy about the situation. Risar briefly eyed the new addition to Raclaw, but quickly started relaying orders to the crew. "You there-- move that over there! You with the glare-- stop staring and get to work!," Risar started shouting as the crew of salty sailors were already moving things and securing what couldn't be moved. Finding a dry cover nearby, Raclaw decided to watch the mermaid's training-- curious as to how Guardian and non-dragonoid magic worked. "Don't worry-- it's only rain and it'll pass.," he said to Chester.
---
#2235 Posted: 17:54:07 03/10/2018
"Okay, Ilasi. You're going to move magical energy to one hand. Then, you will wave that hand at the target, while focusing on keeping the target's voice and other sounds out of your perception. It shouldn't be too hard to get down with some practice. Now, try it on me."
"Latnok... are you sure that's a good idea?" Ilasi then considered what she said, and sought to correct it. "Oh, I didn't mean to question you, I'm sorry, I just..."
"Don't worry. It won't hurt me. And you can dismiss it just by focusing on hearing the target again."
"Okay..."
Ilasi tried to cast the spell several times, with Latnok asking her every time if she could still hear him. Sometimes, nothing happened; one time, the exact opposite happened, and he was all she could hear.
"Well, that's... another spell I was going to teach you later, so if you can get that down, that might help in more chaotic situations," Latnok said, not wanting his eager pupil to become too discouraged.. "I think the main issue right now is that you're hesitant to not allow yourself to hear me, or you can't keep me out of your focus. I'll... find someone else you can use, some time later. In the meantime, you can practice that other spell a bit. I think that's enough for now. Good job."
"Thank you, Latnok," Ilasi said gratefully. "You know, every other teacher I've had hasn't really been quite as eager - at the most, they saw it as just something else to do to get paid. You really seem to enjoy teaching."
"This is the sort of stuff that keeps people alive and helps the mission get done," Latnok said. "I always want to make sure everyone out there with me is as prepared as they can be, and I get as many of my allies home as possible. Even seemingly meaningless spells like this train you in magic control and focus, and they can have niche applications. I only wish that more people actually cared..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2236 Posted: 18:35:01 03/10/2018
"Ilasi's right... you make a good teacher. I can tell you know your stuff and are eager to teach it. That's good.," Raclaw complicated with a sight smile having watched what he could of the teaching from the nearby dry cover. It wasn't much, but it kept most of him dry with only his tail being exposed to the elements. His tail had a gold shine on top thanks to the armor created by the artifact, which he had clearly optimised a bit since the previous night. The 'armor' now covered most of his tail and mostly covered just the top part, so as to get more of the material. At the moment, it was merely being used to help protect him against the rain while the little Chester remained relatively dry underneath Raclaw. Elsewhere, Risar was keeping the main crew busy and ensuring that ship's vital materials would stay as dry as possible.

Not many men questioned the orders of an minotaur, especially one like Risar who had presumily experienced much in his life. Throughout his life... Risar had been taken, broken, trained, conditioned, and eventually freed. Towards the end of his 'enslavement', he had been treated well and had experienced many opportunities traveling abroad with his master. He had grown to accept his life for what it was-- and almost didn't accept when he had been offered an chance to escape. However, he was glad he did and was eventually able to form his own life again; taking on odd jobs and maintaining his excellent combat skills. Throughout the voyage away from home, he had honed his skills as an sailor and had often taken on long voyages while he pondered his life. Deep inside, he still cared for and had some level of respect for his old master. And regardless of his thoughts on the matter-- the gold nose ring and bit of gold chain would forever serve as a remainer, although he didn't seem to mind too much nor did they bother him.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:47:29 03/10/2018 by redwes
#2237 Posted: 18:45:26 03/10/2018
While Angora went below deck, she noticed Ilasi taking a few classes, and was a bit glad Latnok didn't call her, although it was bro ably because he knew Leoquin had her for a day. It didn't matter to her. She went to the kitchen to get a second batch of food and drinks, but then heard some thumps. She knew that sound. The kitchen was closer to her and Maverick's room, and was quite far away from Veris' enclosure. She left the tray on the table and found the source of the sound.
"Easy girl! It's just a little storm! You'll be safe here." Angora said to Dahlia as she patted and petted the nervous dirt buffalo, listening to the rain and thunder that came from outside. She then left her a pile of hay in front of her, and after a couple of minutes, the animal was finally calm. Then Angora believed that if Dahlia was feeling this way, chances were Veris was too.

She went through the very large hallways until reaching his spot, and could hear clawing sounds and thumbs as well.
"Hey Veris. Feeling nervous boy? You're safe here." Angora assured just like she did Dahlia before him, enjoying more the buffalo and wyvern's company than that of those stinky, rude and ungrateful sailors. She would stay with Veris for just a few minutes tough, since she a,ready had much work ahead of her...
---
#2238 Posted: 20:27:20 03/10/2018
"I'm as willing to teach as people are willing to listen," Latnok said. "For those who don't, I may push a little bit, but will just forget about it if they keep resisting. Not worth my time. I can often occupy those people with other tasks. Because in the end, you can only control magic as much as you want to."
Back in Veris' enclosure, Veris laid down, more docile than he had been before. The moment didn't last long, however; soon, Sere came into the enclosure, knowing that storms and similar weather had a tendency to distress his wyvern.
Upon seeing Sere, Veris got up, running to his side, completely abandoning Angora in the process. He gave Sere a lick, much like the ones he had given others. Sere was always somewhat annoyed by the gesture, but tolerated it occasionally, especially in circumstances like these. "Veris. We are going through a storm right now. It will pass in a few hours. Are you feeling all right?"
Veris nodded his head, and motioned his head toward Angora before turning back to Sere and nodding again with a hiss.
"Good. Stay right there and I'll get you a snack. Angora, get back to work," he ordered. Latnok tells me that Leoquin has tasks for you to do."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2239 Posted: 20:36:55 03/10/2018
Angora exhaled, very annoyed but not showing it otherwise. She passed besides Sere and Veris, completely ignoring them. She returned to the kitchen to pick up the tray, disappointed on how much care Veris showed to Sere when the wyvern was most likely nothing but a war tool for the Guardian. Still, she hoped that Sere could see that she did care for his mount's well being, and now that he was with him, it was time to return to her original work. Angora picked the tray, and an extra large piece of meat for Shade. After all, he also had to eat. She returned to the deck and offered the food and drinks to the remaining sailors, including Latnok, Ilasi, Raclaw, Chester and Maverick, though he rejected it doe to already having breakfast. As she moved around with the tray, Angora maintained a neutral expressions, ignoring whatever whispers and murmurs that were said about her. She hated being ordered around by Leooquin, but if she did as was told and didn't act rebellious, she believed she would get him off her back eventually...
---
#2240 Posted: 20:45:33 03/10/2018
Latnok snatched his food and drink from Angora rather abruptly. "Took you long enough," he said. "But where are your manners? Your smile? Considering how hard the rest of us work towards getting the mission done, you'd think that you, who Sere brought along after pitying you, would actually try a bit more. If nothing else, at least keep your word and solve Shade's attitude problem. I guess he learns it from the only person he ever thinks about, however..."
Ilasi just looked on as Latnok criticized Angora. Though she didn't quite like what he was saying, it was clear that Angora resented her - and considering that Maverick had dedicated his life to her, and effectively said as much... there was perhaps some resentment on her part as well.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2241 Posted: 20:58:35 03/10/2018
Angora remained calm, knowing that one way or another, she had to get used to all this antagonism. However, she did have something to say.
"A smile isn't something you can fake. It must come when the moment and circumstances are right." Angora lectured quietly, without any hints of smug or rudeness, but not hiding her discomfort. She truly believing there was no way to convince Latnok of anything. Just yesterday, he scolded her for not showing interest in the lesson, but when she faked it, it was just as bad. It was practically like he expected her to have a certain emotion when the moment wasn't right. That was just impossible. Why couldn't he understand that? Nevertheless, she continued with the food distribution, bearing the same face. She offered the tray to Ilasi, not looking at her. She was still angry at her. However, the only think that made Angora quite pleased was that Latnok practically gave her permission to spend time with Shade and help him with his attitude, if that was even possible. She was still so angry at him for not listening to her advice yesterday, and now that she was permitted to interact with him, she had a few lessons to teach him...
---
#2242 Posted: 21:01:12 03/10/2018
Raclaw took his and Chester's food with a graceful nod, opting to remain silent as Latnok belated her. He knew that Angora had to earn her trust herself and his words had done very little to help in the past. He only hoped that Angora knew how much it bothered him inside. As for the drinks, Raclaw would take one if Angora had found the proper drinking vessel for him. Otherwise, he would politely reject it not wanting to bother the poor Angora with having to specially cater to his needs. Angora hadn't been there for any their Redwater outings and may or may not have known. When it was his turn, Risar took his food and drink without question.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:05 03/10/2018 by redwes
#2243 Posted: 21:10:14 03/10/2018
"Hey, what the hell is your problem?!" Latnok asked Angora - whereas his demeanor was calm, if degrading, previously, he had very obviously become infuriated by Angora's actions. "Is looking at Ilasi too hard? Or are you just being a jackass? Do you know that looking away from people you're interactinf with is rude? You think you can just come here and bring the exact same old attitude problems we had to put up with when we had no choice? If you're going to do that, I'll have Leoquin jse you as literal shark bait. I DARE you to try me. You are testing my patience already - I am trying not to just have you tossed overboard like Godfather Sere wants, but you're making it really hard. Now - leave the food and go find Leoquin. Or you can-"
"Latnok, it's not that bad..." Ilasi said reluctantly. Though the gesture did slightly offend her, Latnok's reaction was much more than she thought Angora deserved. "I don't think she was trying to offend you." Technically true, if anything, with Angora's gesture not being directed toward Latnok.
"...get out. Find Leoquin. Pray he can keep you busy, because I have a lot of creative ideas."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2244 Posted: 21:23:05 03/10/2018
"He already gave me tasks." Angora answered bluntly and in a neutral tone, not letting Latnok's exaggeratedly thin patience get to her. But her anger and disappointment was still inside, and she feared she might explode at any second. Even though it wasn't very noticeable, the tray was bent with her fingers from her grasping it too much. After giving food and drinks to Ilasi and Latnok, she took advantage of the pouring rain to cry in both sadness and fripustration, knowing that the tears wouldn't be noticeable. He was really trying to be better, but Latnok and now Leoquin being so monstrous to her wasn't helping her cause.

After feeding off the remaining pirates, she put the tray away and went to Shade, giving it the piece of meat she got for him and giving a force smile.
"Here Shady. Eat. After I'm done with the chores, I'll come here to spend some time with you." she said kindly but with a strained voice, resisting her urge to scream. Both Latnok and Leoquin were villainous to her, and it was doing plenty of damage not only to her pride, but to her very self esteem as well...
---
#2245 Posted: 21:29:47 03/10/2018 | Topic Creator
“Thank you Angora.” He took the meat and walked off. He then came to visit Veris. “Hey old friend. You doing well?”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:28 03/10/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#2246 Posted: 22:20:16 03/10/2018
With everyone fed, Angora proceeded to do the next part of her chores; cleaning the lower decks. At least that task would save her from most of the rain, and with the sailor's clothes getting all wet from it, she would have that part of the laundry taken care of. She wondered why Raclaw didn't take a drink, but then assumed that alcohol wasn't his thing and headed out. As she finally got to the lower decks, she grabbed a broom, a bucket full of water and detergent and a piece of cloth. She then made sure that nobody was around... and then it was time for more venting!
"That stupid jerk! Avoiding eye contact is rude? If I had looked at her, I would've glared, or maybe just my ugly face would've been offensive to her, and I still would've received the nasty end of the deal! In other words, there was no way I could've saved myself from this bullying! Why is almost everyone here such demons? I risked my life to save many more, I was treated like a criminal twice, and now I'm being treated like crap on every end! I try to be polite! I try to talk properly, but nothing is ever enough! When will this suffering stop? When will it be the day when they will think that enough is enough already?" Angora said, sobbing tremendously and sniffling uncontrollably, almost sounding like a little girl. The place created quite an echo, but if somebody heard her, she didn't care anymore. She swabbed the floor and then scubbed the rest of the dirt with the cloth, leaving it spotless. It was a way to distract herself, but was also quite therapeutic. It was helping her take all her inner anger and frustrations out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:15 03/10/2018 by Felines
#2247 Posted: 22:25:44 03/10/2018
Veris gave a series of nods and hisses as well as a wing flap indicating his good mood. Sere had given him some meat in the interim, and he was sated - as sated as he ever could be, anyway. With Angora and Sere having calmed him down, he was able to go back to lying down patiently. He was still somewhat restless, especially since no one had taken him for a flight for a day, but he would eventually be fine.

Leoquin, meanwhile, was searching for Angora - why weren't the clothes done yet? Why weren't the decks clean yet? As he moved closer, he thought he heard her - except... she was crying? He thought about it for a moment - he wouldn't worry too much about it, but perhaps he would come back a few minutes later when she was done.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2248 Posted: 22:35:49 03/10/2018
Angora continued to clean as she sobbed uncontrollably, but stopped for a moment when she heard what sounded like a loose floorboard. And it wasn't her that caused her.
"Who's there!?" she demanded to know, having heard the sound some distance away from the lower deck she was in. She saw nobody, but she didn't want to take any risks. She cleaned up her tears and continued with her task, eyes swollen from so much sobbing. She really wanted to continue crying, but she didn't want anyone to see her, fearing the heartless would just simply make fun of her instead of consoling her.
"Forget everything... forget your sorrow... you knew this was going to happen... such is the curse of a troll..." Angora whispered to herself to try to stop her sorrow. She managed to stop crying, but she was still sniffling from time to time.

In the meantime, Maverick continued on with his own job, carefully instructing the current navigator when to move the steering wheel a certain way to avoid the ship from rocking too much with the restless waves of the storm. It was a job that was growing on him despite how much it reminded him of his awful past life. Even if the navigator glared at him, he did feel good to be useful.
---
#2249 Posted: 23:01:19 03/10/2018
Raclaw watched as Angora stormed off-- no doubt angry and hurt from Latnok's words. He placed both his and Chester's food under the dry cover and allowed the little Beagle to remain dry, while he exposed most of his back to the cold wet elements. Although it was still been raining quite hard, at least the sea remained relatively calm despite the circumstances-- much for Raclaw's relief. He found himself tasting for some alcohol, but didn't say anything-- not wanting to brother Angora and not wanting Latnok to let out more steam on the poor Troll. As he ate, his tail remained dry from the 'armor' and he found that he could get used to such a thing. Elsewhere, Risar was taking a break from ordering the men and didn't seem to mind the rain at all as he ate.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:28 03/10/2018 by redwes
#2250 Posted: 23:12:08 03/10/2018
Sere stepped back out to survey the environment. Though he had faith in the crew to follow his orders well, he still liked to check for himself to make sure there wasn't anything that they may need some help or advice in. As Maverick continued his job, Sere came right to him.
"You're done for now," he said. "Get inside. Find... something to do. I will call you back out here when I need you." The man at the wheel turned around and nodded his head. "No major difficulties yet, sir," he said.
"We'll see if that changes..." Sere replied.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 45 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me